• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 982 Views, 132 Comments

The End has Begun - Bronycommander



The third world war is raging across Earth. A Grenadier of the European Federation Enforcer Corps lands in Equestria. Can he convince the ponies, that he is friendly and not the enemy?

  • ...
9
 132
 982

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Back in the cell, it was according to my watch, 11PM. I couldn’t sleep, my mind was working tirelessly. What happened over there? Was it really true? If they’re still alive, are they safe and sound?

My back ached, so I got up. Much better. Trying to walk was a bad idea. I tripped as my leg started to ache. With my right hand, I grabbed the bar and held my knee with the left hand.

“Everything alright?”

“Everything hurts but else fine.” I sat down on the bed.

“You sure?”

“Yes."

“You know, that’s not what I am meaning.” Amber sighed. “You should try to lie down again.”

The pain was less as I lay down. My boots were still on my feet, so I took them off this time.

“You’re lost in thought. Worried about your little friends.”

“What’s so special about that?” I looked Amber into the eyes.

“Yes Private, why do you care?” Mark asked her.

“He’s still our prisoner, and we have to take care of him. And compassion is never wrong to show. He cared for the four fillies like a father.”

That surprised me. After they were killed by my comrades, they shouldn’t like me anymore.

“And why for Celestia’s sake?” He walked up to his partner. “He doesn’t deserve compassion, not after his comrades killed them!”

Amber stayed calm.

“Oh, blaming him for the actions of others?”

Interesting that she defended me but humans in general? Wait, maybe they know more.

“Did this really happen?” Looking at both guards, they stopped and stared at me.

“You think they’re still alive?”

“Yes Amber. The way Celestia told me makes no sense. We Enforcers are soldiers of Europe, not takers of innocent lives. As she tortured me, she said that the kids were relentless and ruthless killed.”

“She tortured you?!” Amber covered her mouth, with a gasp.

“Yeah. I thought you had order not to talk to me after this.”

“You were in the infirmary again, but that…” Mark shook his head. “No, can’t be! The princess would never do something terrible!”

“Neither would we kill civilians as it is against our honor. Something’s wrong.” I explained to him

“That’s correct. But it was confirmed by a pony that saw it.” Ash replied.

“That’s right too, but I am sure that the pony panicked and mistook what it witnessed. After all, nopony’s perfect, even the princesses and you know that. Even they are susceptible to their emotions too. Nightmare Night is a perfect example. There was also no report why he was in the infirmary. So, something must have happened.” Amber added to our conversation.

Mark’s nose was bleeding again. Again, I gave him a tissue and he leaved for the bathroom.

“What’s his problem?”

“His nose always bleeds when he’s stuck in a long conversation for some reason.” Amber sat down, looking to the ground with a sigh.

“I can’t believe that the princess used torture. But the citizens of Equestria need to know that.” She looked at me. “But the lack of a report of your last infirmary visit supports that.”

“It is true. She wanted retribution for the death of the kids. Is this a problem?”

“YES!” Amber exclaimed, jumping into the air. “Never in the history of ponies and Equestria torture has been used! How will her subjects react to that?” She paused to breathe. “And shouldn’t you be upset about that?”

I chuckled, before putting my hands behind my head and closing my eyes. “I was.” Opening them, I looked at the bat pony. “But in the end, it doesn’t matter. I let hate no place in my heart for things like that. Love and tolerate. And you can’t stay mad at something forever. In the end, you have to face it.”

“You just let it go?”

“Eeyup. If I want to take out my anger, I listen to music or play a video game. Or use the old thing, punch the pillow.”

I grabbed it and held it against the door and Amber playfully punched it a few times. “You’re right, that helps.”

“Indeed.” I putted it back on the bed. “Still I’m not thrilled, that your comrades just watched.

“I talked with Flash. He and Arrow were too scared by Celestia’s rage to say something.”

“Can’t blame them. But at least they apologized.”

“That’s how they are.”

“And I am surprised.”

“Huh? Why?” Amber tilted her head to the side. It looked so cute when a pony does that.

“After that incident, I thought you all deployed a dislike for me. Still, you talk to me and treat me decently.”

She looked down before up to me. “Is just a few days I’ve been guarding you, but after Storm told me how his daughter spent time with you and how good you treat kids, I see you’re not a bad person. And I want to show that not everypony is upset on you.”

“You’re doing a fine job.”

She smiled. “Thanks. You’re a father yourself, right?”

“Yes.”

“This might sound kind of odd, but can I ask a favor of you?”

“Shoot.”

“C-could you tell me about your family and home? I am a mother myself.”

“Sure, why not.” This war’s almost over anyway. Plus, I talked with her comrades about my family and home before.


I don’t knew when I fell asleep, but it felt like it was one or two hours ago. Still, I was tired and felt like I hadn’t slept for days, as Arrow woke me up. He and Flash stayed respectful to me and told me the same as Amber. I told them the same as I told her. Breakfast, shower, and then brought to the interrogation room again for some reason. Then I reminded something.

“How’s Storm?”

“We don’t know. Before you were interrogated, he was sent home. But he must be pretty depressed right now.” Arrow answered me.

Still tired, I took a nap on the chair in the room. After 5 to 10 minutes, the door opened.

Sleepy, I saw both princesses taking place at the other side of the table.

“What is it your highnesses?”

“We want to apologize.” They looked really sorry.

Celestia spoke to me first. “I never should have use torture. When the death of the foals was confirmed, my anger controlled me.” She looked away. “I took my anger out on you, since I could not find the perpetrator and believed it makes me feel better.” Remorse was in her eyes. “Not only it was wrong, we brought shame upon Equestria and us.”

“And I was too upset about the loss, that I didn’t stop her until I saw your condition and the words of the song your device played. We have wronged you, Lieutenant.” They bowed their heads. “We offer our sincerest apologies.”

“Can you forgive us?” Celestia sounded almost pleading.

My answer was clear.

“Yes.”

“So easily?”

“First,” I yawned, “I’ve been where you were. In Paris when I was shot, I lost half of my men and I cared for every single one of them. Romeo One-One, Charlie One-One and Echo One-One were along them. My best friends apart from Tom and my best and most loyal men. After I went back, I was angry and wanted to avenge them by killing as many Russians as possible. But revenge cannot bring them back. And the Russians are only soldiers like I am, fighting for their country. Being a survivor is curse and blessing at the same time.”

Both looked at me curious. “Second, as I said to Amber this night, you can’t stay mad at something forever. In the end, you have to face it.”

“Agreed. And we need your help with something.”

“And that is, Luna?”

“An Eaglefly crashed yesterday near Ponyville. Could you help us to recover the Data it was recording? We believe it could give us more information about the incident.”

“Just give me Tools and I take care of the rest. I was wrong to act like none of this was my fault and even more wrong to threaten you and your kingdom. That was...that was stupid. None of your subjects are to blame and I think it would be best it we tried to keep them out of this, for their sakes. I understand why you're angry. I'd be angry. I just want to help. In some way, I feel I'm responsible. Whether or not the Forgotten Army followed me here, whether or not they found this place the same way I did...I promised I'd look after those foals...And it's a promise I plan to keep And you’re lucky that you did not go to war. Not because of strength but because of this.” I showed them the WMDs on my phone.

“They would sweep Equestria from the map.”

“Yes, it was good that you tried to warn me. I accept your apologize, we both got lost in our feelings.” Celestia was glad she listened to me. “Now, let me take you to the Eaglefly.”

“War should always be the last option. Back in Copenhagen, we had a truce and wanted to talk on neutral ground next week.”

“That’s right.” Celestia smiled.

She leaded me to a room with a Workbench where the Eaglefly was on it. Must been taken down by an RPG. Despite the damage, it looked mostly intact.

“I leave you alone, so you can work concentrated.” After he she left, I heard a strange sound.

Turning around, the Tardis appeared and Time Turner stepped out.

“Doc, what’s up?”

“I thought I help you.” He got his sonic screwdriver. “After all, I want to find out if my daughter is still alive.”

I cracked my knuckles. “Let’s do this.”

The data storage took the most damage, but with my knowledge and his sonic screwdriver we managed to restore it. What we saw was a shock. “Oh my god…”

After I saw what happened, I reported to Celestia. The families of the foals were with her. “I could restore the data, but what you will see is horrible.”

“Play it, I must know what happened!” Derpy was in tears.

It started completely normal. My battlegroup was fighting another battle. They were fighting the Forgotten Army again.

The Eaglefly was launched from our command vehicle. It flew to foxtrot where Broadsword was holding position with Ural. The camera switched to Tom.

He was nervous “What’s wrong, sir?”

“I am just worried about my best friend, that’s’ all.”

“I am sure sir, he is safe and sound. We will find him. Europe always.”

“Thanks, soldier.”

“Heads up! Terrorist Heavy Infantry, 12 o clock!”

Tom was shocked as he saw the hostile soldiers. “Come in, HQ!”

“This is HQ.”

“The enemy uses children as soldiers! Repeat, they’re using children!”

“Understood Broadsword, Ural, use Non-lethal HPM.”

“Yes, Colonel.”

The foals screamed in pain, as they got hit. “I am on fire, put it out!” Sweetie Belle screamed before she passed out.

“I am burning!” Scootaloo followed.

“The pain! Make it stop!” Apple Bloom rolled on the ground to put the “fire” out. After they were down, Broadsword got order to check them. Tom was startled by a sound that came from behind a wall.

An exhausted and cowering unicorn foal in uniform of the Terrorists with tear filled eyes was held at gunpoint by him.

“I surrender! I surrender! Please, please! Show mercy! Please! Don't kill me! I want to go home; I want to leave from here…” She passed out.

The Kommando checked her pulse. “She’s still breathing. And the others?” His men nodded.

“Broadsword here, they’re still alive.”

“Excellent. Get them out of those uniforms, and bring them out of here. Kill the others.”

“Yes, sir.”

A Kommando killed one of the passed out Terrorists with a headshot. “Forcing children to fight for them?!”

Tom looked at Dinky in compassion. “I know them all. Poor kids. None of you deserve this. What did they do to you, Dinky?”

Author's Note:

Poor foals. The bad guys shall pay!