• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 981 Views, 132 Comments

The End has Begun - Bronycommander



The third world war is raging across Earth. A Grenadier of the European Federation Enforcer Corps lands in Equestria. Can he convince the ponies, that he is friendly and not the enemy?

  • ...
9
 132
 981

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

In the morning, someone knocked on the door. “Just a moment.” I got up and opened the door.

It was Primcess Luna. “Good morning. Luna.”

“Same to you, Peter. The foals have left for school already.”

We walked through the hallway as Luna smiled at me. “The kids do really enjoy every minute with you.”

“And you know why.” We shared a laugh. “Can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

I was a little bit nervous. “You were banned for 1000 years on the moon. But there’s no food, water or air. How did you manage to survive that long?”

She thought for a moment. “When my sister used the elements, they putted me into a deep sleep. It only felt like it was five minutes. For some reason, it supplied me with everything I needed. Also, I was able to hear the dreams of the humans. The elements put a spell on me that made me undetectable by humans. I was trapped in Nightmare Moon and had no control but could hear and see everything that happened. Still, the moon landing was fascinating.”

“Indeed it was. But the Americans had never made it with our technology.”

“Yes. But I will never forget the sentence that Armstrong said back then: ‘That’s one small step for man… one… giant leap for mankind.’ Incredible that humanity managed to do that without magic.”

“Yes a moment history will never forget. Any other reason why you woke me up?”

“I just wanted to see how you are.”

“Good. I think I enjoy the day in Canterlot. Shouldn’t you sleep at day after you’re… eh, ‘dream shift’?”

She giggled. “As Princess of the Night, I can operate long without sleep. And I also enjoy the day.”

Oh, ok.”

Outside, the formal ponies were very friendly. I even met Fancypants and his wife Fleur de Lily. They commented how well Rarity had made my suit.

Canterlot reminded me for some reason of Paris and the Eifel Tower, Both beautiful capitals.

Maybe, I should look how Flash and Arrow are.

The way to the barracks wasn’t so hard to remember.

The entrance was guarded by a unicorn. “Halt, who goes…? Lieutenant? What are you doing here?” It was Sergeant Arrow.

“I just wanted to check how my colleague is.”

He laughed. “I am doing well. Frankly, I missed you. Come in.”

We came along a locker room, a room for the weapons and a motor pool. The mechanicals were guards which surprised me. They greeted me which I returned.

Flash was at an obstacle course.” Lieutenant, welcome back!” he saluted.

“Hello again. How’s going Flash?”

“Everything is fine. I wanted to practice on the track. You’re in?”

“I'd like to but I am in the wrong clothes.”

"No problem!" Somepony from above said and we saw how Derpy landed again.

“Rarity wanted that I bring your other clothes, so you have something to change.”

“Thank you, Derpy. Send Rarity my thanks.”

“Will do.”

I changed to my uniform. You gonna run too?”

“No thanks, I need a break.” Arrow sat down under a tree.

Instead of running, Flash was flying.

It wasn’t a race, but he was a worthy opponent. Running a few rounds, I checked my time on my watch. 2 minutes and 30 seconds. New record. My time in training was 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

Then I tried the obstacle course. It was no problem for me, but Flash was out of breath. “That was impressive, Lieutenant.”

“Same to you private. That was fun.”

Arrow sighed.

“Something wrong?”

“It’s just; you’re the first medic I met in a long time. I am the only medic here in Canterlot.”

I showed sympathy. “I know how boring that can be. Before the war, my Platoon was stationed at Ramstein Airbase. And we were the only Enforcer Corps unit.”

“Guess we aren’t so different from each other.” He smiled.

For the rest of the day we had a happy conversation about medical stuff.

I think this was the beginning of a good comradeship.

In the evening, I headed back to Ponyville. It looked as it would rain any minute now

“Peter! Do you have seen Dinky?!” Derpy sounded desperate as she almost crashed into me.

“Sorry, I haven’t seen her. What’s wrong?”

“She and her friends left to play after school. But nopony has since her since.”

Octavia, AJ, Rarity, Storm, Ms. Trissie and Mr. Rich joined us.

“Peter, did Sweetie Belle tell you where they went? It’s cold and dark and I can’t have a little foal getting stuck in the rain.”

“And is Twist with them? I can’t find her anywhere… She really shouldn’t be out in this kind of weather, it’s not healthy for her—“

Mr. Rich interrupted her. “And my Diamond Tiara went with them for some reason.”

“And my sister Silver Spoon too.”

“I am sorry, but I just came from Canterlot. I haven’t seen them this day. But aren’t Silver Spoon and Tiara, mean to them? No offense.”

“After you saved them in Manehattan, they get along with Apple Bloom and her friends.” Octavia explained.

“I’d search them but in the rain we would lost their trail. But I am sure they just forgot the time and are safe from the rain. Right now, we can just hope and pray.”

“You’re right. Panic won’t help us right now.” Storm realized that I was right.

The next day Twist, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara returned home. Their fur was dirty and they were dehydrated and cold. They could us only tell, that the others were trapped in a fox hole.

However, it was empty when we arrived, so we feared for the worst.

One week passed and they were still missed. I noticed that it affected the mood of Ponyville. Everypony was worried and talked everyday about the missing foals.

I entered Sugarcube Corner, as I saw Storm with his wife, depressed at one of the tables.

“You’re worried about your daughter, right?”

“Correct. Scootaloo is everything for us. You know how worried she was about me when I was at war. Now we are worried about her and are praying every day that she is stay alive.” He was close to a breakdown.

“I know your felling. My son was once kidnapped when he was just 5. We were worried sick about him just as you. But we found him safe and sound and arrested his kidnapper. And I promise you: If someone hurts your daughter, I will hunt him down.”

“You think she’s still alive?”

“Yes Misty, I am.”

Celestia paid us a visit as we talked. She was passive, studying me for a moment.

“How can I help you?” I asked politely but doubted it was good.

“Lieutenant, restrain him, that’s an order.” She ordered, pointing to me.

He hesitated but complied. I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

“What are you doing? What’s going on?”

Celestia stared at me. “Unfortunately for you, your comrades have forced my hoof.”

My mind told me about the question about what the guards meant. Oh, crap! What did they do?!

Celestia spoke again, “No more playing nice. You will tell me what I want to know, Lieutenant Hartmann, whether you want to or not.”

Author's Note:

It was a nice day until they went missing. What could Peter have to do with that?