• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 2,268 Views, 115 Comments

Long Far Gone - A-P-A



Princess Celestia is lonely, she's been that way for a very long time. Her sister was supposed to return safe, and now she's been taken once again. Celestia just wants her sister back. Nopony could have seen the solution would come from the stars.

  • ...
9
 115
 2,268

Interlude: A causal loop...

What is time? Is it the displacement of subatomic particles, the path of electrons around a nucleus? Is it the unavoidable and continuous inevitability that one thing will lead to the next and that that too will lead to the next? Or is it merely a grounded and ultimately terrestrial way of thinking that makes existing comprehendable for those with limited lifespan and cognitive ability?

When you view time do you compare it to a corridor where each step closes a door behind you, trapping you forever within the confines of what is considered the present? Or do you willingly choose to avoid the thought, given that such a subject matter can be confusing and disarming to you, as it makes you process you own mortality?

In truth time is none of these things. It is not a corridor of closure, or a difinitive and binding concept that strings us to our place in history. No. Time is like a cog. It can move forwards, and does so at a regular pace. But contrary to popular belief it can infact be reversed, even stopped entirely.

Every moment I spend within this beautiful and abandoned place brings me closer to uncovering the true meaning behind the never ending cogs of time. My findings will no doubt be astonishing, and the fruits of my labour are already beginning to blossom. I wish to create something that will mark it's place within the confines of time, an instrument of both war and courage. Just like the one that was taken from me. It will be the bane of those in the 'future', and the sickness of those in the 'past'. For they will come to know it by a name.

The ever vexing...

Mythoclast.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I originally had a much longer interlude planned to fill this spot. But it became extremely tedious to write, so I'm afraid a had to scrap it. There will definitely be more to come of our main plot soon. Just gotta get exams out the way first.

Thanks for sticking by me.

~APA :trollestia: