• Published 12th Oct 2016
  • 2,139 Views, 42 Comments

Behind a Shifting Mask - Oddling



Silver Skies was known for many things, mainly being one of the best diplomats for Princess Celestia. Little did anypony know, that there was a little bit more behind the mask he wears...

  • ...
5
 42
 2,139

14 - Unexpected

The halls of Canterlot Castle were quite the sight to behold for those walking through them the first time. From the polished white marble floors to the ornate tapestries that adorned the pale lavender walls, accented by gold and fine oak trimmings, it was a stunning display of architecture. Yet, as Silver Skies escorted the disguised Changeling Princess, Crystal Heart, he found himself noticing her lack of interest in the great halls. It was true that the castle’s grandeur had faded long ago for Silver, but he was curious when others did not hold awe-filled eyes toward the castle upon their first visit. Silver glanced back at Whisper with a small smile. “I’m a little shocked that you’re not gawking at the castle. It’s almost as though the sight of this place is far from awe-inspiring for you.”

Crystal started at being addressed and a slight tint of pink shaded her cheeks. Truth be told, she had been deep in thought about what had transpired in Silver’s office just minutes ago. In addition, Crystal found herself feeling increasingly more embarrassed with how she had reciprocated Silver’s influenced emotions. It was natural for a Changeling to feed off of and encourage emotions, yet for whatever reason her time with Silver had brought out a side of her that she never knew existed. Her predatory nature scared her. Though she had thought she would never do anything like preying upon a pony, the sad reality was that was exactly what she had been doing in that room. It wasn’t just Silver being influenced at that time, oh no, Crystal had also been reacting to his building emotions. For a Changeling, sitting in a room that is filled progressively with emotions is almost the same as saturating the air with alcohol; it essentially inebriated them and made them act upon sudden impulses.

The mint green unicorn forced a smile and scanned the hall they were in as she continued to follow Silver. “Honestly, I don’t see much to be in awe of when it comes to pony architecture. Some things I find strange, like when pegasi shape clouds to look like a crafted structures while earth ponies and unicorns try to make their buildings resemble trees or food items. In general you could say that I just don’t have any real interest in that subject matter. As for why I don’t seem taken aback by the castle… it’s kind of because of the shared memories I’ve seen from when the Queen invaded. I’ve technically been here before,” Crystal explained calmly.

Silver found himself chuckling at that. “That actually makes a lot of sense. Sorry, it slipped my mind that you might have already experienced the castle. Then again… I think we’ve both had enough food for thought today.” Silver gently eased his pace until he was standing in front of Crystal. He offered her an understanding smile. “I apologize for letting things get out of hoof back there. I hope you aren’t too bothered by what happened…”

Crystal sighed softly as a small smile graced her lips. “Please understand that I never meant to let that happen. At the very least we did learn a valuable lesson. It does bother me, but only because I never thought I would have allowed myself to be swayed by emotions like that. It was… unexpected, but I feel that it provided a much needed perspective for me.”

Silver nodded slowly in agreement. “Yes… it was a very valuable experience. It was also… enlightening, in a way. Yet again I found myself thinking about your kind and how much I do not know, but I still desire to understand Changelings – even more than before.” A brief pause followed before Silver spoke up again. “I truly look forward to learning more about you. The more I know, the better I can aid Queen Chrysalis and the Hive.”

Crystal Heart’s smile widened. “I think that is one of the reasons I truly look forward to being of assistance to you, Silver. You’re so compassionate toward my kind… and you mean every word of it. I wish you knew just how much that means to me, and the Hive.”

Silver Skies couldn’t help but smile widely from Crystal’s words. It was absolutely true that he wished to help the Changelings. In a way he felt he had more in common with them, what with having been ostracized in the past for being considered different and a potential threat to others. Silver was just about to respond in kind… when his stomach decided it had waited long enough. A loud groan emanated from within Silver’s belly, which sent a mild blush of embarrassment into his cheeks. With a weak chuckle, Silver pointed further down the way with his hoof. “Shall we proceed? I think I’m more famished than I previously thought.”

Crystal grinned playfully and nodded. “I find that to be quite surprising, especially since it sounded like you swallowed a manticore just now.”

Silver let loose a genuine laugh at that, with Crystal giggling along with him. He turned a warm smile her way. Pheromones or not, he found himself enjoying the Changeling Princess’ company. Without further ado, the two continued down the halls toward the dining rooms.

~~***~~

To say that Crystal Heart was surprised would have been a grave understatement. Sure, the castle had lost its luster due to her shared memories from the Hive and she had felt relatively at ease after Silver's successful ploy in keeping her true identity a secret, but that paled in comparison to what she saw in front of her at the moment. There, sitting at the head of one of the large formal dining tables, was the one and only Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria and master of the sun. Crystal was stunned, to say the least, her ice blue eyes fixed to the solar princess.

Silver paused shortly after entering the dining hall. He was well aware of Crystal’s reaction since he had heard her hooves cease their movement. Still, he knew that Celestia would not do anything to hinder any of his efforts, but it did place him in a bit of a bind as to how to calm Crystal down. Sensing the unease from the disguised Changeling, Princess Celestia looked between the two newest arrivals to the hall and offered them a warm and motherly smile. “Ah, good evening my little ponies. I was not expecting company at this hour.”

Silver smirked. “I must admit to the same, good evening your highness. I’m quite surprised that you’re up this late. The sun set quite some time ago and I was fairly certain you’d have gone to bed,” he commented casually.

Celestia’s smile shifted playfully for a moment. “Well, let’s just say I had a few things on my schedule that took up more time than I had expected.” The solar princess’ eyes drifted over to Crystal Heart. “… And who might this be? A friend of yours, Silver?” she asked kindly.

Silver nodded gently. “You could say that. This is actually the representative of Chrysalis’ Hive. Allow me to introduce, Miss Crystal Heart, also known as Whisper Winds,” he said with a gesture of his hoof toward the still stunned Changeling Princess.

Crystal glanced over to Silver for a second before her head finally caught up with the situation. She closed her eyes and bowed respectfully. “It is an honor to meet you, Princess Celestia.”

Celestia’s smile faded slightly. “Please, you need not be so formal around me. Any friend of Silver’s is a friend of mine as well. I just hope he’s not been his usual stiff self – it tends to put off most other ponies.”

“Why Celestia, I’m hurt. How could you say such a thing about me?” Silver defended with an excessively dramatic swoon. He had the strongest urge to summon a fainting couch for added effect, but reasoned it was not practical enough given his proximity to Crystal and the doorway.

Celestia lifted a brow at Silver’s display before she started giggling. Her giggle soon escalated into a jovial laugh. It had been quite some time since Silver had pulled such an expressive stunt and the fact that she knew he had thought about taking it even further was what made her realize that her loyal diplomat was in a fairly good mood. It warmed her heart to see him be more open, even with the slightly confused looking Crystal eyeing the scene with mild curiosity. Celestia eventually settled down and she smiled happily. “It is good to see you in such high spirits, Silver. It really has been too long since you could relax and be so forward with me.”

Silver chuckled and returned Celestia’s smile. “Indeed. You have Crystal to thank for that. As it turns out… the Changeling pheromones can do wonders for my emotional disposition.” Silver turned his attention back to Crystal. “As you can see, this is Celestia… one of my oldest friends,” he said with a kind grin.

Crystal heart slowly allowed herself to relax, though she was still inclined to show some respect for the princess. She nodded her head gracefully. “Again, it is very nice to meet you. I hope my being a Changeling does not upset you…”

Celestia’s expression gained a few grains of sympathy at Crystal’s words and she shook her head gently. “Worry not, my little Changeling. I have no grievances with your kind… though I will admit to holding a small grudge against Queen Chrysalis for sticking me in that cocoon. It took weeks for the taste to leave my mouth afterward,” she said with a chuckle.

Crystal’s head lowered slightly as she recalled that particular memory from the Hive’s experiences. She knew all too well the after effects from releasing a pony from a containment pod. The material was made of a special slime mixture that allowed emotions to pass freely through the thinner membranes while soaking up a substantial portion of the occupant’s magic to keep them in a sedated state. In cases like with Celestia, there is a limit to how much magic can be absorbed, so the pods secondary measures for keeping the occupant secured kick in. The pod’s interior is filled with an oxygen rich gel that is laced with two forms of paralytic substances, one to target the nerves and one to disable the muscles directly after the gel has had time to be absorbed into the blood stream. Exiting a pod leaves most occupants to suffer from fatigue and weakness, as well as forcing them to endure the magic dampening that leaves their body in a state of severe lethargy. Fortunately for Celestia, she had not been in the pod long enough for the more incapacitating side effects to sink in, though the taste was one of the things that was harder to get over as the gel did get absorbed rather quickly. In a way, it could have been comparable to being sprayed by a skunk only that tomato juice had no effect in relieving the results.

Crystal was suddenly pulled from her thoughts about containment pods when something large and warm covered her. Her eyes instantly regained their focus as alabaster feathers and fur obscured her vision. Looking up, she found herself wrapped in a wing hug from Celestia, whom smiled down kindly to the young Changeling Princess.

“Forgive me, Crystal Heart, I meant that as mere jest,” Celestia said softly. “I did not mean to upset you by bringing up a sensitive subject.”

Crystal simply stared at Celestia for a few moments. It was almost impossible for the Changeling to comprehend the fact that she was being warmly embraced by the most feared ruler that her race knew, aside from her Queen when she was mad. Yet, at the same time, Crystal found comfort in the hug. She could feel Celestia’s genuine emotions, the regret and concern radiating off of the solar princess in waves. She slowly allowed a smile to spread across her lips as she leaned into the hug. “No, it is I who should be sorry. If things had been different then you would not have had to experience the effects of our pods. But that was never something I had any control over and I would like to think that Queen Chrysalis would be sorry for what she did to you as well. I cannot say for certain, but I think that she does feel some degree of remorse for her past actions. She merely did what she thought was the right choice to keep us, her children, safe and well cared for.”

Celestia smiled warmly down at Crystal and nodded regally. “I would have to agree. Though I do not know much about Queen Chrysalis, I get the feeling that she is more like me than either of us realized. I have done much in the past for my little ponies. Not every choice was without regret, however, but like her I too have continued forward. Every choice I make is for the good of Equestria and the ponies who live within it.”

Crystal smiled wider at Celestia’s words and she began to see her in a new light. It was refreshing to see this side of the sun princess. However, there was one who did not share in the moment as he brooded silently beside the two respective princesses. Silver had watched the entire scene play out, quietly observing and listening to the conversation. He found himself slightly torn at the mention of Celestia’s decisions for Equestria. Though part of him saw her as a good friend… there was more of him that despised her. Yes… she had made poor choices in the past. One of which was condemning him to a cell and deeming him as a threat to her ponies, all without lifting a hoof to try and speak with him properly first. He knew he would never truly forgive her for that, but then again if she had not done so, Silver may not have met with his first real friend. Celestia had done many acts to gain Silver’s forgiveness after the fact, but it was difficult to forgive and forget after being treated like a monster for three years.

Silver sighed silently and coaxed yet another of his emotional resets. Crystal’s ears darted up and she looked to Silver with mild alarm. She had just started noticing his emotions shifting toward anger when he flat-lined. Silver returned her gaze blankly, his lone red eye almost void of the emotions that had been present earlier. His feelings were a calm pool now… and it gave the Changeling Princess a feeling of unease. Unlike the times before, Silver’s emotions continued to remain nonexistent long after the shift… as if he was purposefully hiding them from her. Crystal then came to realize that there were emotions present. A deep remorse filled the air around her. It took her a moment, but Crystal soon found that the emotions were coming from Princess Celestia herself. Crystal Heart’s eyes tentatively glanced between the two, quickly noticing that something had happened without her noticing it. There was something going on between the two beside her, but Crystal could only speculate as to what it was from what little she had learned from Silver Skies.

Eventually, Silver’s first emotion gently arose from the depths of his heart. Reluctant acceptance of history surfaced and he closed his eyes. “As it turns out… I think I will have a meal sent to my quarters later. Sorry to have disturbed you, your highness,” Silver said calmly.

Celestia’s features shifted ever so slightly as she closed her eyes and nodded. “I understand…” she said softly before she looked to Crystal as she removed her wing from the Changeling’s back. “Though our meeting was brief, it was a pleasure meeting you. I look forward to next time.”

Crystal nodded, albeit slightly numbly. She was still confused as to what had just happened. “Yes… I hope we can meet again soon,” she said and glanced to Silver with a slightly questioning look.

Silver’s emotions gave off a small sample of his regret for how things had turned out, but he showed nothing more than a calm expression as he nodded curtly. “I’m sure we can arrange for another get together. Allow me to escort you to your room.”

Crystal’s heart sank slightly at how emotionless Silver was at the moment. Though she knew he was sorry for what he was doing, the overall feeling she got from him was that forced calmness. It was as if Silver was punishing himself by isolating his emotions… it just didn’t seem right to Crystal. Ponies should be more open, free to express themselves. What Silver was doing now was as unnatural as laying down on a bed of smoldering embers willingly, knowing that you were going to suffer. What had happened to that smile he had worn honestly just moments before? Where had that happiness gone? What had caused him to be so upset to begin with? So many questions ran through Crystal’s mind, but she would get no answers.

With a nod and mild reluctance, Crystal left Celestia’s side. Silver gave the sun princess a brief bow before he lit his horn and opened the dining hall doors. The two silently exited the room, leaving Celestia to sigh, alone. She continued to look at the doors long after they had closed as she thought about the past once more. Celestia had put so much effort into repairing the damage she had done in regards to her relationship with Silver Skies. Most days she felt that things had finally mended after so many years, but days like this were a bitter reminder of how she was only deluding herself. Silver Skies was like an enigma on occasion. Days… weeks… years could pass and he would appear at peace with her, speaking casually and friendly. But any time something came up that reminded Silver of his past, he would close up tighter than a hydraulic press and wear a mask stoic enough that any of her solar guards would be envious. With renewed weight on her heart, Celestia turned her head back to the table. Much like Silver… her appetite seemed to have vanished.

~~***~~

Silver and Crystal walked in awkward silence. The Changeling Princess wanted to ask about what had just happened, but the hollowness that still emanated from Silver made her hold her tongue. If she had gained anything from the situation, it was that Silver would not let anypony know anything unless he deemed fit. So, though she would have preferred a more animated conversation like she had shared with him before, Crystal continued to follow quietly.

After climbing up a staircase and traversing a number of halls, Silver stopped in front of a seemingly random door. He then turned his stoic face toward Crystal and the first chip in his mask formed as uncertainty took hold. He could easily see that he had given Crystal reason to be saddened and distressed. It gave the grey stallion pause for a moment and his emotions threatened to return in full force against his wishes. Yet, despite his resolute desire to stay as solid as a rock, Silver could not stop his true feelings on the matter from bubbling up from his heart. Silver sighed quietly as he opened the door beside him. “This will be your room while you stay here within the castle. It’s one of the more luxurious ones, but please feel free to use it as you wish.” He paused for a brief moment as Crystal looked into the room, her actions more reserved and partially empty. “I would also like to apologize for what happened in the dining hall,” he said with a slight bow of his head.

Crystal quickly looked to Silver as she began to feel his emotions coming back to life again. He was giving off plenty of regret, with slight traces of anger. Her ears slowly folded back against her head before she asked the question that was bothering her most. “What happened, Silver?” she asked softly.

Silver’s anger flared for a moment before an eerie calmness swept over him. He stared at something in his memories for a time before he entered the room silently. Crystal followed, getting the hint that what he had to say was not open for hallway discussion. Once they were both within the room’s confines, Silver gently closed the door and placed multiple spells upon the room. He looked to Crystal for a moment before he lowered his gaze to the floor. “I want you to know that this is one of my more private matters that I am about to share with you,” he said solemnly.

Crystal nodded and allowed her green fire to strip away her pony disguise. She looked at Silver with resolute desire in keeping his words close to her heart. “I understand. Not one word will be shared with any other being… not even my Queen will know of it,” she swore.

Silver’s eye glanced to her for a moment before he closed both and took a breath. Upon opening his eyes, he began to explain. “What I told you earlier was a summarized version of what I went through. To elaborate on a few critical points, I’ve had a streak of hatred for Princess Celestia for a long time. Would you care to guess why?” he asked calmly.

Whisper looked Silver in the eye as she thought back on what he had told her before. “Was it because she sent you to the dungeons?” she asked.

Silver’s calm expression morphed as a humorless smirk spread across his lips. “In part, yes. She did send me away, and quite quickly once her ponies were being harmed because of me. But there was more to it than that. I did everything I was taught to do. I went straight to her for help, I warned the guards that there was something very wrong with me, and I begged for help. I was still a mere colt, though my body had been changed, and I was terrified of hurting anypony else. Celestia…” Silver paused as his mind churned up old memories of how the motherly smile had vanished in an instant when one of the fools had ignored the warnings and looked at Silver’s cutie mark.

“Celestia had taken everything I was taught and turned it upside down. I had been so full of hope seeing her in person. I thought everything would be alright with the princess’ help. She proved me wrong, severely. I had seen what my mark could do. I had warned the guards that there was something dangerous about it. But one of them thought my words held no merit and they looked. That was all it took for me to be slammed into the floor and fitted with a magic inhibitor ring, which failed to stop the power of my mark. Celestia demanded that I cease my harmful actions, but I told her it wasn’t my doing. She did not listen to me… not one bit. Eventually I was dragged from the room, thrown into a high security cell in the dungeons, and left to rot for four days. I was given no food, no water, with only darkness to give me company. In the afternoon of the fifth day, Celestia had me removed from the cell and I was placed in a large sack of some kind. My treatment was… not pleasant; they threw me around in their magic as if I was nothing more than a worthless bag of garbage. I was placed, unceremoniously, on the floor of the throne room for my trial. Celestia’s opinion of my actions, combined with the biased testimonies from the ‘victims’, left me as a guilty abomination. I was sentenced to spend the rest of my life in prison, isolated from the rest of the world… but they also wanted to know more about my ability to kill with my mark.”

Silver paused again to calm his building anger from how he had been treated back then. Whisper could feel his anger and pain until she noticed his emotions reset once more. Silver looked to her in calm neutrality again. “From then on the ponies under Celestia’s tutelage, before the official magic research division was formed, took on the task of studying me. I was treated like a lesser life form, with not one of them taking the slightest consideration for my wellbeing. I was bombarded with foreign magic, stabbed with needles, cut open so that my insides could be properly examined, and then tossed into my cell to heal. For three years… I was nothing more than a research specimen. Then… well, you know about the Archmage. I was saved because of his compassion… when I had nearly allowed my spirit to finally break… when I was so close to giving in to the power inside of me. Celestia didn’t know at the time, but I could have broken free and killed them all with how much my anger fueled my magic. Part of my saving grace is that when my emotions turn toward anger, I can stop the resulting power by resetting. From the research I’ve done over the years, I’ve determined that my anger fuels some kind of dark magic. Dark magic is unstable and highly volatile… and corruptive. I’ve also determined that the dark magic can… will change me if I allow it. We discovered this during one of my own tests later on, but… but I think I’ve begun to ramble off topic now. Suffice it to say, I hold a deep loathing for Celestia’s decisions in the past. I have tried to forgive her. Maker above, I have done so much in my attempts to see the other side of her… but I just can’t truly forgive her. I hate her for what she did to me, what she allowed me to be put through, and how she had the gall to give me an apology for it that was… genuine. I actually saw her cry in front of me and yet again… yet again she destroyed how I viewed her. But I can’t forgive her. I have no idea what it would take for me to be capable of it, either. So instead, I pretend to be somepony else when I’m around her. Sadly, that persona can crumble away when I find myself reminded of my history with her. That… that is what happened,” Silver finally finished and sighed as he allowed his head to sink with one more emotional reset.

Whisper was shocked. She had expected there to have been something substantial behind his actions, but to know the exact details was simply stunning. Even for a Changeling, hearing of such torturous actions was nearly inconceivable. Changelings were told that ponies could do inexplicable things if they had caught any of them, but knowing that it had merit behind it made things all the more real and frightening for Whisper. She found herself glad that her real form had been successfully hidden in the gardens that afternoon. Her mouth worked wordlessly for a few moments as she struggled to respond. “That… I have no words. That must have been such a terrible thing to have gone through. I’m so sorry…”

Silver smiled weakly while shaking his head. “It wasn’t something that I’d even allow an enemy to go through. At the very least, it did provide me with oddly necessary experiences. Had they not done things in the manner in which they did, I would not have learned the extent of my mental limitations. Nor would I have made one of the most valuable friends I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting. And I never would have become the diplomat that I am today and this conversation, as well as our relationship, would never have come to be. There are many things I am grateful for, and I wouldn’t change my past for anything because I know that this life could not be surpassed by another fate.”

Whisper let a small smile play across her lips and she turned a warm gaze to Silver’s eye. “That… is actually very sweet of you to say. Though, I am curious as to what our relationship is…” she said with an honest tilt of her head.

Silver chuckled and he extended his hoof. “I’d say that we’re very good friends, and I’ve come to respect and admire you all the more for it.”

Whisper’s smile widened and she graciously reached her hoof out to meet Silver’s. The moment her hoof touched his, Whisper felt a sudden rush of warmth and her heart filled with something she had never felt before. She could taste something all around her and it was coming off of Silver in waves as they shook hooves. The kindness and happiness in Silver’s gaze was unlike anything Whisper had seen before… yet it was strangely familiar for some reason – as if she somehow knew what it was she was feeling from him. Friendship…

Sadly, the shake could not last forever, but at least the strength of Silver’s feelings toward Whisper did not fade too much. The grey stallion turned his head toward the door and his ears twitched. He then looked back toward Whisper with a slowly lessening smile. “Well, it would seem that the hour has gotten late. I’m afraid that I must retire for the night,” he said with a growing sadness at the idea. He was feeling much better after finally letting somepony else know one of his little known facts, but he knew it would do him no good to stay up all night after having such an exhausting day. The emotional ride alone had already taken its toll on him.

Whisper’s smile faded slightly, but she nodded in understanding. “I understand. Though Changelings do require sleep as well, it is far less than what a pony needs. When should I expect to see you again?” she asked.

Silver looked off to the side in thought, his head tilting just a little. “You can expect me at around eight in the morning. I have a few minor things to look into, but I shouldn’t be held up by any of them.” Silver paused for a moment before he sighed. “And I think, if you wanted to, we could meet with Celestia for her lunch break in the late morning. It would give me the opportunity to apologize to her as well.”

Whisper’s ears lowered slightly as she swallowed. “You wouldn’t be forcing yourself to say it, right?”

Silver chuckled weakly. “To be honest, no. Though I don’t really think it’s needed, it is still the right thing to do. She has done a great deal in making things up to me… it’s only right that I try to do the same when I deprive her of company in the way that I did earlier. I know she must have been looking forward to meeting with you. Plus, I did make you a victim as well, for which I must apologize again.”

Whisper shook her head with a kind expression on her face. She gently placed her hoof on Silver’s cheek. “Don’t be sorry. You already said it before. Besides, you are taking me to see her tomorrow, so you’re already making amends. Thank you, by the way. I do look forward to meeting with her again… she was nice to me and I’d like to become friends with her, if at all possible.”

Silver smiled again and nodded his head. “I guess you are correct. I shall see you in the morning, Whisper. Have a pleasant rest.” With that, he slowly backed away from Whisper’s gentle touch.

Whisper smiled a little more and she watched the grey stallion leave the room, his horn glowing briefly as he removed the protective spells. A thought then occurred to her and she took a quick step forward. “Oh, Silver?”

Silver stopped just in front of the door, his magic gripping the door handle. He looked back to her with a mild curiosity. “Yes? Did you want me to leave some spells on the door to protect you?” he asked.

Whisper smiled sheepishly with a slight blush. “Yes… um, please. I’m not sure how secure the room normally is, but I was a little afraid of somepony coming in when I’m sleeping… at all actually. The scare I had earlier in the garden made me a little more nervous, too,” she admitted softly.

Silver smiled sympathetically. “I understand. You have nothing to worry about. These doors are keyed to only open for specific individuals. You can open it and so can I. Celestia can as well, but I doubt she’d come here unless there was a very important reason. I’ll add a few more spells just to make sure you feel comfortable, though.”

Whisper grinned thankfully before her eyes popped open. “Wait, when did this room get keyed for my magic?” she asked.

Silver chuckled gently. “When you walked in. I chose this room because it’s one of the few rooms that I use for personal reasons or business. Nopony tampers with these rooms unless I permit it. Even then, I’m very thorough with making sure everything is in order before I let any company stay here.”

Whisper breathed a small sigh of relief. She then smiled kindly for Silver. “I see, thank you for allowing me to use one of your rooms, Silver. And thank you for being kind enough to satisfy my paranoia. Please, don’t let me hold you up any longer. I hope you have a pleasant night,” she said and bowed her head slightly.

Silver smiled and shook his head softly. “Don’t worry about me, and you’re welcome. If there are any changes you wish to have done to the room please be sure to let me know in the morning. As you are my guest here, I intend to make sure all your needs are met. See you in the morning, Whisper.” With that, Silver closed the door. A soft flash of blue upon the door let Whisper know that she was now safer.

Whisper sighed happily as she looked around the room. Well… it’s alright, I guess. Ponies sure do like furnishings. Oh well, I’ll look around more in the morning before Silver comes to get me. I’m too tired to think about what to change right now… she thought before navigating to the bedroom. Whisper slowly eased her body onto the bed before she plopped down in the middle, the soft blanket letting her sink into its loving embrace. Oh… this isn’t so bad. It’d be perfect with some slime on it, though. Maybe I’ll change that tomorrow… she thought idly before she drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Alright folks, here's the next chapter! :pinkiehappy:

I kinda rushed this one to make it for today's release, so there might be some errors I missed. I'm still trying to get back into the groove for this story, so hopefully I'm keeping things consistent. Had an oops with another story because I let my thoughts wander too much. :fluttershyouch:



As always, I hope you guys enjoyed the read. :twilightsmile: