• Published 10th Oct 2016
  • 512 Views, 5 Comments

The Red Sun Rises: Voyages - The Atlantean



As Crimson Dawn fights the Crystal Empire at Manehattan, Princess Celestia must journey to unknown lands in search of a way to bring her sister back from the dead.

  • ...
 5
 512

Side Chapter: Admiral's Log

[Admiral’s log, day 39 of voyage.]

Our gamble has paid off; we have successfully taken the former pirate base Stormwater Cove from the Russians. Captain Ross aboard Pennsylvania pulled a rabbit out of his hat with that one. We never would have won without him.

However, our victory came at a cost. We are down to three fighters on Reagan, and two of them are receiving repairs to their right engine. I doubt Reagan will ever conduct flight operations, at least until we can find a way home and get much-needed support. If only our comms satellites weren’t jammed…

We also lost our last destroyer yesterday. USS Arleigh Burke took more hits than I thought possible for her size. Her magazine overheated, and all crewmembers are assumed dead. Nothing from the wreck is salvageable. I’ll have to conduct the funeral ceremony tomorrow in honor of their sacrifice.

On a better note, our battleship USS Pennsylvania is undergoing repairs in Stormwater Cove’s wharf. Hull integrity has been restored and her damage control teams have moved on to her Bridge and superstructure. The same thing is going on with USS Klakring, having sustained heavy damage while supporting our landing force. I have made a recommendation to decorate the frigate for her valiant service. They will receive a medal of some kind; of that, I am positive.

I have also put in a recommendation to honor our three pilots. Each one of them has earned any reward available to them, and one has specifically asked that one of Pennsylvania’s sailors be put in as well. He had apparently fired his shoulder rocket to take out several Russian fighters trailing the pilot, and therefore saving her life. The other men in this man’s assault craft claimed he picked up his weapon, loaded it, and proceeded to lock onto an enemy fighter, even against orders. Whether this deserves a medal or reprimand I do not know, but this is most definitely worthy of a Congressional Medal of Honor. I do not care if he gets court-martialed; I just want this guy to know that his service is greatly appreciated.

Princess Celestia is now up and about again. Right as the the final phase of the battle began, the doctor had sedated her with anesthetic so that she would actually get some rest and not die of exhaustion. Speaking of which, I might do just that if I don’t turn in.

[End log.]