• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 755 Views, 0 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Humans STARFLEET EVENTS - DakariKingMykan



An Evil witch Doctor threatens Earth, while Human Lightning Dawn and Twilight Sparkle struggle to fit in in this A.U of Friendship Games.

  • ...
88
 0
 755

Act 6: Set Sail for Disaster

ACT SIX

They stopped off at the school; all the students were sound asleep.

Shining Armor was asleep as well, after that big scare from that monster. Luna was asleep too, leaving Celestia up and taking her turn watching over the students.

She could not believe her eyes when the gang returned and she saw Fratello.

“Fratello… you’re alive?” she cried softly, trying to control her happiness.

Her nephew nodded and they hugged warmly, but they kept very quiet so as not to wake anyone.

Fratello felt so happy to see his aunt again, but wished his Aunt Luna and his brother-in-law were both awake too. Not that it mattered; there was little time to spare.

“I just thought it would be proper to let you see him again.” said Celesto, and he explained to his wife what was happening.

“I see, you’re going back to find the island.”

Fratello nodded shamefully “I hate to leave so soon, but… I just really feel this island needs to be known to the world.”

“I understand.” said Celestia “I’m just so glad you’re alive and well.”

Fratello smiled, but Lightning noticed a slight hint of sadness… or was it regret in his eyes?

Celesto’s phone vibrated, and he answered the call. After he hung up…

“It’s time.” he said.

He had already called well ahead planning the expedition before Fratello’s note was received. He also felt it be best if the boys set off now while the students were still asleep.

“Cadance…” Celesto said “If you’d like, you can come with us to send them off.”

Cadance agreed eagerly and Frtalleo seemed delighted, but a bit frightened as well… which Lightning also noted.

And when Fratello walked past Celesto to hug Celestia one last time, Celesto’s phone reacted funny again, just like at the coast.

He walked past again to rejoin the group and the same thing happened.

“What is wrong with this thing?” Celesto grumbled.

Lightning was beginning to have his suspicions.

Soon, the trio returned to limo and the drove to the main boat docks on the west side of the island that overlooked the Pacific Ocean.

There, the massive submarine was being loaded and was about ready for castoff.

“Well, I guess there’s only one thing left now.” said Celesto, and he opened a small compartment where sat poured glasses of champagne.

Lightning immediately got the drift “Bon Voyage.” he said as he raised his glass. Cadance and her uncle raised his but Fratello didn’t drink his at all.

“Something wrong…?” Cadance asked.

“Um… well, it’s just been… so long since I’ve had any of this and… I…” he handed his glass back “I really just don’t think I’m ready.”

The others all found this very odd, even someone in Fratello’s position wouldn’t be nervous of a little champagne.

Lightning especially found this behaviour to be very peculiar.

Still, there was no time to question; it was time to shove off.

Krysta perched on Lightning’s shoulder, and Fratello standing next to him. “Well, this is it. Off on another one.” Lightning said.

Krysta nodded.

Cadance gazed tearfully at her brother, as if she was never going to see him again, and he gazed back at her, still not shedding any tears, but looking just as upset as she was.

“I think I better leave you two alone for this…” Lightning said.

“Good luck, Lightning.” Celesto said as he shook Lightning’s hand.

Lightning then hugged Cadance goodbye and boarded the sub.

The two watched until they were out of sight, but as they turned back to face Fratello, he had gone.

“Fratello…?” Cadance called.

“Where did he go?” asked her uncle.

Suddenly, they both felt something shoot them in the backs of their necks, and they both fell to the ground completely blacked out.

Someone then crept out from the darkness and began to drag them both into a crate which was sealed and loaded onto the sub with the last bit of supplies.

Only two skilled aquanauts, Mary and John, both were employees for Celesto’s company, were going along on the voyage.

Once the supplies were all aboard, and Lightning and Fratello were ready, the sub began to sail away from the island.

“Well, we’re on our way.” said Lightning.

“Yes, we are.” agreed Fratello.


“We’re taking her down now.” said Mary.

“Hang on.” added John, and the sub began to dive beneath the waves. The moonlight made it a little easier to see out the portholes, and what a beautiful view it was. So many fish, coral reefs, even pretty plants.

As pretty as it all was, Lightning felt exhausted, having been up most of the night. “I’m gonna hit the sack. We’ve got a big day ahead of us. How about you…?”

“Oh, uh… I’m not very tired, but I will adjourn to my room.”

Lightning and the others still wondered if Fratello was feeling alright, the way he was speaking.

He excused himself from the group and left.

“That is one strange guy.” said John.

“It’s not too late…” said Mary “If you think we should, we can return to port and drop him back off.”

“No, no…” Lightning said “We’ve made it this far. We may as well continue.” He let out a huge yawn and decided to head to bed before he collapsed off his feet.

Then he left and the two aquanauts continued to maintain watch. However, John took a look at the console. “Huh, that’s weird. The gauge says were carrying a few hundred pounds more weight than was estimated.”

Mary checked it “Maybe it’s just a fault. I’m sure it’s nothing. We already passed through all security.”


Meanwhile in Fratello’s room, he was lying down on his bed, and made absolutely sure that no one was around, and he gently tapped his temple three times and said “Phase two is complete, master. We will be there by midday tomorrow; all of us!”


The mysterious lady snickered in her lair.

“Excellent… everything is going according to plan.” she hissed. Then she spun in her chair to gaze at her monitors “I think I’ll just have a little more fun while I’m waiting.”

She worked the controls, and two large metal rods appeared. She grabbed hold of both rods, and both she and the rods began to glow in a soft blue light.


At the same time, more and more strange weather patterns were occurring all over the world. Deserts were getting vast amounts of rain, meadows and forests were not getting enough rain but rather too much sunlight. Warm places were getting cold, and cold places were warming up.

The lady laughed manically and remarked “…Beautiful.”



The next morning, all the students awoke at the sound of the school bell. Some of the kids practically fell out of their cots in fear of the sudden sounds.

Vice Principal Luna spoke over the P.A “Good morning students, please be advised that breakfast will be served at 7:30 A.M. Please clear the gym immediately.”

Many of the students groaned but began to file out.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie noticed out the windows. “Look… it’s snowing.”

Before anyone could disbelieve her, they all looked out the windows and sure enough. “It really is snowing.” said Sunset.

While this was an amazing thing to see, all the students felt very concerned.

“It never snows on this island.”

“Something’s wrong.”

Even Twilight was amazed as she looked at the snow from her cot, and then she looked down at her detector which she had taken to bed with her. “Could I have done this?” she wondered.


Celestia, Luna and Shining Armor saw the snow from the office windows, and they even tuned into the weather station on the radio.

“Meteorologists are baffled and officially stumped by the suddenness of this mysterious cold front which was hit Mystic Island, but all signs do not show of it stopping anytime soon.”

All three adults were just as baffled and could hardly understand it themselves.

“How could this be happening?” Luna wondered. She then noticed the others were very worried. Neither Cadance nor Celesto had returned since they left for the seaport.

Celestia checked her cell-phone for the millionth time, and all she had were old messages, but nothing from her husband. “This isn’t like him.” she said “He always tells me where he is or if he’s going to be late.”

“Maybe his phone isn’t working anymore.” suggested Shining Armor “Or maybe it’s because of this weather.”

“Highly doubtful.” said Luna “He would have called by other means, and don’t think weather like this can affect our phone services.”

Celestia felt her stomach turn, a feeling she only got when she felt that there was something was really, really wrong, and it wasn’t just the strange weather.

Shining Armor was just as worried about Cadance. He tried calling her cell-phone again, but the signal could not be reached.

“Come on, Cadance. Where are you?”

Suddenly, they could hear the sound of arguing coming from the hallways, as all the students were fussing about who got to use the showers in the locker rooms first.

The adults had no choice but to put their worries on hold and get some order back amongst the students.

Soon, all was calm again, and soon the students were all showered, dressed and eating breakfast in the gym, and Celestia made the announcement “Don’t forget, today begins the academic decathlon. Though neither Mr. Granduler nor Principal Cadance are able to attend, the three of us will still act as judges.”

The Starfleet gang sat at their private table.

“They can’t seriously be expecting to go on with the decathlon today.” said Buddy Rose.

“You heard the announcement.” said Rainbow “Besides, I don’t see why anyway. A little snow shouldn’t slow us down.”

Starla was wondering where Lightning was, for she couldn’t see him at the staff table, and she remembered how frightened he seemed of her last night when they bumped into each other again.

“Snap out of it, girl.” said Applejack “We got a whole heap of other things to be worryin’ about.”

“Yeah, like how to get more seconds.” Pinkie joked. Everyone shot her a straight look “What? I’m still hungry.”

The twins felt a little shivery. “I can’t stand it when it’s cold, even if it’s outside.” said Dyno.

“Esto es una locura! *This is just crazy*” added Myte “I never gets cold on Mystic island. What in the name of nature is going on?”

“I don’t think this is nature’s doing
I’ve got the feeling there’s trouble brewing.” said Rhymey.

“You could be right.” agreed Fluttershy, and she showed everyone weather images from all over the world on her cellphone.

“No way!” cried Artie “Ice-Skating in the Bahamas? Sun tanning in Moscow...?”

“This is positively preposterous.” said Rarity “I’ve heard of abnormal weather conditions before, but this actually takes the cake. We’ve got to do something.”

“But what?” asked Starla “In case you’ve forgotten, we still haven’t got our powers.”


Twilight could overhear her faintly but clearly.

“We still haven’t gotten to the bottom of who took them.” Artie said.

“When I find out who did, they’re gonna get it but good!” Rainbow threatened.

Twilight felt her heart skip a beat, and got up rather swiftly to bust her tray.


Rarity spotted out of the corner of her eye and noticed Twilight’s shoes, and how one of them was missing its diamond emblem.

Her features hardened and she excused herself from the rest of the gang.

“Now where’s she going?” asked Buddy Rose.


Twilight walked casually down the hall, heading for the girls locker room, while Rarity followed her.

Twilight then looked round behind her, and Rarity slipped behind the garbage cans, which she found rather disgusting.

One of the students came by and threw her banana peel, missing the can and landing on Rarity’s head. She held in her urge to cry out in grossness all she could.

When she looked up, Twilight go into the girls’ locker room.

She angrily tossed off the banana peel and crept to the locker room and peeked through the crack in the door, which was no closed all the way.

“What are you doing?” another student asked.

“Shh, be quiet!” she sneered softly.

The girl blinked once “Whatever.” and then she walked off.

She could see Twilight, and a few other girls, but she kept looking at Twilight, and noticed she was dumping a few scraps from her plate into the very knapsack she had examined last night.

Then, she saw Twilight take a doggie treat out of her pocket; exactly like the one she had one.

Rarity’s mouth hung open softly, and without even donning her fedora, she slipped into her deceive thoughts again.

“All the clues made it almost unquestionable. Was Twilight Sparkle, an innocent and smart student the guilty party? No, I couldn’t believe it, at least not yet. All I needed was one more piece of evidence; something really big!”

The other girls left the locker room, and Rarity snuck in past them hiding round the corner where the showers were.

Twilight had not seen her come in, and now believed she was totally alone.

“Okay, they’re gone.” she whispered into her back, and Spike popped his head out…

Much to Rarity’s surprise, and then to her shock, Spike began to speak.


“Ya know I’m getting really tried of hanging out here in your bag all day. I really need to use the bathroom.” Spike groaned.

“I’m sorry Spike, but what else can I do?”

She pulled him out, and laid a set of napkins on the floor allowing him to do his… business… since she couldn’t take him for a walk.

“Ugh!” Twilight groaned.

“Sorta what happens when you haven’t been walked.”

Twilight quickly took the dirty napkins to one of the toilets and flushed it down.

When she came back, Twilight placed Spike back in the bag, along with her detector. “I’m going to participate in the decathlon, and I don’t want any more strange things happening.”

“You mean like that thing we unleashed last night…” said Spike.


Rarity blinked once “What thing…?” she muttered under her breath, and then she noted how the detector was glowing with multi colored lights, the same colored lights as the powers from the portal and that respective colors of her and her friends’ powers.

That was all the proof she needed, though it still struck her hard.


Twilight left the locker room, and Rarity saw this as her chance to try and snatch the detector from Twilight’s bag, but just as she was about to, a whole flock of Crystal Prep girls entered the locker room, spoiling her chance.

She knew she couldn’t even try now or she’d get in trouble for poking through another student’s belongings, not to mention exposing the well-guarded secret of the power to more people.

Still, at least she knew what was going on and she just had to tell the others fast…

…and were they ever surprised, and Pinkie gasped hard, but she spoke softly this time. “Twilight did it?”

“Yes, I heard and saw everything.” replied Rarity.

“That explains a lot.” said Artie “Shining Armor really must’ve seen a monster last night. Twilight must’ve unleashed it herself.”

The others were shocked, appalled, but mostly confused. “Why would Twilight do this?” asked Dyno.

“She seems like just a sweet ordinary student.” added Myte “Well except for being so anti-social.”

Fluttershy was more concerned for Spike. She knew it wasn’t the Spike she knew and loved, but still “That poor little dog must still be there in her bag.”

Everyone was amazed at how Twilight was able to get away with all this.

“Say…” said Applejack “It’s just a guess, but is anyone else here thinkin’ maybe that’s what’s causing this weird weather?”

Everyone agreed it was possible, but aside from that…

“We’ve got to get our powers back.” said Sunset “We can’t let Twilight meddle with them anymore. Who knows what other things she might unleash?”

Rhymey scribbled down some plans on his napkin…

“We’ll have to move quite carefully
We don’t want to cause trouble unnecessarily.
We will have to corner her while she’s alone
We cannot risk our secrets being shown.”

Everyone agreed, and all decided to keep close watching over Twilight.


Soon, breakfast had ended, and it was time to begin the Academic Decathlon.

A song broke out over the course of the events…

There were many types of contests in the decathlon including Baking, chemistry, woodshop, even a spelling bee.

The Crystal Prep students spared no effort in desperation to catch-up, and catch up they did thanks to the double point values.

All through the contest, Twilight began to feel uneasy as each member of the Starfleet gang always seemed to gaze at her with a straight look… as if they were on to her.

By the end of the events it was a tie between the Wondercolts and the Shadowbolts.

Now it was down to the final ordeal, Twilight Sparkle VS Sunset Shimmer in an extreme battle of mathematics…

They each sang their own solo part in the song.

In the end, Sunset’s calculations were incorrect and Twilight was declared the victor.

As it now stood, Canterlot High and Crystal Prep were tied perfectly.

“This has been an exciting decathlon.” Celestia announced “I think Crystal Prep just may take us at Canterlot by surprise, but there’s only one way to know for sure, and that’s a sudden death.”

All the students gasped like in horror movie.

“After lunch, we will decide the best students from each side to represent in the final faceoff.”

With that settled things were really getting tense for all the students.

Celestia also whispered to the others “Any word from Celesto yet?”

Luna and Shining Armor shook their heads, and Celestia was really feeling worried now, wondering where he was and if he was okay.


Meanwhile, the sub had run into rough waters as the weather above the waves was treacherous. Mary and John could hardly control the steering. In the tumbling they bumped their heads together and fell unconscious.

“Quick the controls!” cried Lightning and he and Fratello dashed over and began to battle with the steering, finally managing to get the sub under control and the things calmed down.

Then, the radar began to beep, and sonar detected a large mass of land ahead.

“Up periscope.” said Lightning. He looked through it and could see the island up ahead, but he did find it somewhat peculiar that the storms they had just run through seemed to be all around the island off in the distance, yet the island and the surrounding area were all clear and calm, even the skies were perfectly clear.

He let Fratello look through the periscope. “That’s it…” he said sounding almost joyed “That’s the island I lived on.”

Mary and John began to come to, and once they were told of what happened, they all prepared to head ashore.

This meant checking up on the supplies for what to take with them first, but as they looked over and checked the crates, they could suddenly hear the sound of tapping and faint screams coming from one of the crates.

“Hey! Anyone…!”

“Let us out!”

Lightning and Fratello quickly opened the crate, and were shocked to see Celesto and Cadance fall out.

Both of them took in a huge breath of air.

“What are you two doing here?” snapped John.

“You stowed away?!” added Mary.

Celesto got up and helped Cadance to her feet saying “No, we didn’t.”

“What happened?” asked Lightning.

Cadance thought hard “The last thing I remember, we were at the docks, saying goodbye, and then… I blacked out.”

“I feel the same.” said Celesto “I remember feeling woozy, and then… when I woke up, I was with Cadance and we were stuck in that crate.”

“Well, um… I guess you may as well stay here with us.” Fratello said.

He had a point, it was more than too late to turn back, and Celesto couldn’t and wouldn’t dare send for any of his rescue choppers due to the storms and stuff.

He tried his satellite powered cell-phone but could get no signal, so he couldn’t even call Celestia and tell her what had happened. He was very worried that she would be worried, but for now he thought it best to help out.

“I guess you got what you wanted after all, Cadance.” Lightning said.

Cadance didn’t know whether to feel joyed or concerned, but now it didn’t matter much. The main objective was getting ashore and exploring the new island.

The sub surfaced, and remained in free float about five hundred meters from the island.

As they all unloaded and prepared to launch life boats, the team all worked together loading simple supplies from the crates, and then they cast off, leaving Mary and John to mind the ship.

As they all rowed towards the shores, Fratello looked really uneasy as if something was disturbing him.

“Are you okay?” asked Cadance.

Fratello couldn’t find the heart to answer her, and Cadance judged that maybe he was feeling strange coming back to the island, but Lightning was not convinced. He and Krysta were now fully convinced he was hiding something… but what?

They all took their first step onto the island, and the view was just breathtaking. It was like being a tropical paradise with the jungle, the warm sea air. Cadance took off her blazer and tied it around her.

“It’s all so peaceful here.” she said.

“Sure is.” said Fratello.

Celesto admired the view as well, but he couldn’t help but take out his cell-phone, which was working now. “It works!” he cried, but as he ran up to the gang, phone went all static again. “Oh, not again…” he ran back to where he was, and his phone was working again.

While he sent a call to Celestia, Cadance walked further up the beach to get a better view of her surroundings, leaving Lightning and Fratello together.

Lightning stood behind Fratello and couldn’t help but get out his own cell-phone. He moved in closer to Fratello, and the phone went static. He backed away from him, and his phone was fine.

He did this a few times, and Lightning suddenly began to realize what was really going on.

“Krysta, get out of here and watch for what happens.” he whispered.

Krysta nodded and flew off into the jungle.

Lightning then quickly devised a plan to expose Fratello, and grabbed his canteen of drinking water out from his explores belt and casually walked past him.

“So, this is where you lived for two years?” he asked, playing it cool.

“Uh, yeah… pretty much.” Fratello said.

“I bet I know what you didn’t like about this place most.”

“What?”

The next thing he knew, Lightning turned round and splashed water from his canteen onto Fratello’s arm snapping “The water!”

“A’RGH!” Fratello screamed.

Cadance and Celesto turned immediately, and before they could react, Fratello’s arm began to spark and it just detached from him, falling onto the sand, revealing bits of metal, wires and circuitry.

Celesto dropped his phone and stared in shock, and Cadance, for that brief moment she had completely forgotten how to move or speak and just stood where she was gazing in extreme surprise.

“F…Fr…Fra…tell…o?!” she cried as tears came to her eyes.

Suddenly, everyone could hear a loud buzzing sound, and the three humans suddenly found they couldn’t move an inch.

Fratello was the only one still moving. He picked up his wrecked arm, and could see his master standing within the brambles of the jungle. “Bring them in…” she called to him.

“Yes, master.” Fratello said with deep regret in his voice. He reattached his arm, confiscated all the weapons and transmitters, and actually was able to lift all three of the humans with his super strength, taking them away with him.

Celestia’s voice could be heard over Celesto’s discarded phone.

“Celesto… honey, are you there?”