• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 3,166 Views, 60 Comments

My Little Mages: Erisomachy - Foxhelm



One of Princess Celestia's earliest foes had broken free from his prison, and is out to rain a little... Chaos and a little glass of water, please? A 'My Little Mages' retelling of 'The Return of Harmony'

  • ...
1
 60
 3,166

Call To The Castle

Prologue: The Erisadies Statue

The spring semester was well underway and Cheerilee was beyond happy that Twilight was able to secure for Magiville the main specialization circle of Chantalot. However, she had a decision to schedule a full week-long excursion, she managed to get a few chaperones, namely Big Mac, Time Turner and Thunderlane, there were a few others but it boiled down on one chaperone per group, based on the first assignment she gave at the start of the school year. While there she, more or less, did tours of Chantalot, mostly the museums art galleries and landmarks, the final tour of the day was the collection of statues located in the Royal Gardens. The class had, for the most part, behaved admirably, it had thus far been a perfect trip. “Alright class, after this we will be heading back to the hotel, now since we are in the Royal Gardens, I expect everyone to be on their best behavior, especially the chaperones, we don’t need a repeat of the Museum of Music Through The Millennium situation.”

“Oh come on, I got a call from m…” Thunderlane started but got a glare from his little brother, Rumble. “Okay you made your point,” he said defeated. The other chaperones rolled their eyes as did the students minus Rumble and his group, who remained annoyed with their chaperone as the whole group continued the tour.

Pointing to a statue of Chancellor Puddinghead about to deliver a speech and her secretary Smart Cookie with other papers with the flag of the former Earth Republic, “Can anyone tell the class why we have this statue and what it marks?” Cheerilee asked.

Apple Bloom jumped up, “That is Chancellor Puddinghead and Smart Cookie, it commemorates the leaders of the main Earthborn tribe and celebrates the virtue of all Earthborns, as we are the strongest, best built and with our connection to the earth we do things that the others cannot. We can run for years, we can eat rocks and we know more about and connect with plants, animals, and other beings better than almost any Skyborn or Magicborn.” Apple Bloom continued, “And unlike Skyborn, we don’t need flight,” she said gloatingly toward Scootaloo, “An’ we could survive without demigoddesses doing our job.” That time, she was directing it to Sweetie Belle. Only Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle seemed to notice a bit of hostility.

“That is correct, Apple Bloom. As you all should remember from the Kindling, the Earthborn farmed the food used by the three founding tribes.” Cheerilee then turned and lead the class over to another statue. This was hand Commander Hurricane, with his sword drawn and ready for battle with Private Pansy holding several spare weapons and was clearly scared with a flag of the former Confederation of The Skies. “Now can anyone tell the class about this statue?”

This was one of the few times Scootaloo’s ethereal wings did not give out as she jumped and flew… well stayed in the air for a short distance… to the front. ‘Rainbow Dash’s lessons are paying off’ she thought. “This is the Great and Unconquerable Commander Hurricane and his sword-bearer, better known as Private Pansy. It pays homage to the two that led us Skyborn in your darkest hour and testifies to all things of us Skyborn that leave all others in awe. We can interact with even the earth itself on an elemental level.” Scootaloo said basically jabbing at Apple Bloom, which caused Sweetie to muffle a giggle. “And we don’t need something to channel our inherent magic.” That time Scootaloo was directing more to Sweetie Belle. That got a snort from Apple Bloom.

Again the hostility seemed to only be noticed among the C.M.C., as Cheerilee spoke, “That’s corrected Scootaloo, The Skyborns are known for their connection to the very elements, which is why so many of them are elementalists, and because of their influence over the elements before Mystica was founded they used their magic to optimize the conditions for all to live, granted as we all should know, it was not the most harmonious of time.” Cheerilee then walked leading to another statue, this one had the flag of old Magicborn Kingdom with Princess Platinum in all her regal splendor and her adviser, Clover the Clever, first apprentice to Star Swirl the Great. “Now can anyone tell the class about this statue?”

Sweetie Belle was able to get her focus gem to glow getting the attention of everyone. “This celebrates Princess Platinum taking the mantle of leadership following the sudden death of King Bullion and Clover the Clever providing the knowledge to come here. It also demonstrates the awesome might of the Magicborn as unlike Skyborn, we can circumvent the need for wings with spells like ‘levitation’ and ‘cloud walk’.” Here Sweetie Belle turned to Scootaloo mocking the Skyborn. “And unlike Earthborn we don’t need an establish connection with plants to get them to do what we want.” Here the jab was directed to Apple Bloom.

“That is correct Sweetie Belle. Now we have one more statue.” Cheerilee said as she walked over to the last statue. As the others followed it was starting to become clear that there was a lot of tension among the CMC and it was starting to boil over.

It towered over all the others, it looked like a thin man near seven feet tall standing up, laughing as he held one hand up with the other over his chest, he had two horns like growth, the one on his right was more akin to a deer's antler with the one his left was more akin to an elongated horn of a goat. His left arm, the one that was held up, appeared to be in a raptor’s talon whereas his right arm appeared to be a lion’s paw. Over his left shoulder was what looked like an avian wing with a bat-wing over his right shoulder. His left leg looked like a goat’s with his right was more akin to a lizard’s. From the small of his back, a serpentine-draconic tail seemed to appear, and it was long enough to wrap along the pedestal he was on. It was also noted that his right canine tooth was more like the fang of a saber-tooth cat than a human’s.

“This statue here is called ‘discord’ and depicts a being called an Erisadies. As you can see this statue is a mix-match of various creatures with a human torso and face. Can anyone tell us what ‘discord’ mean?”

“It’s confusion.” Apple Bloom shouted calling attention to herself as if she had the right answer.

“No, it’s chaos,” Scootaloo shouted, jumping up trying to convince others that she was right.

“No, it’s evil.” Sweetie Belle shouted, causing her small focus gem to glow, again turning attention to her and imposing her answer.

“No, it’s chaos.” Scootaloo countered, getting really offended, as well as Apple Bloom.

“It’s evil, you dodo!” Sweetie Belle shouted this time the animosity between the three was reaching the boiling point. Cheerilee elected to not interfere, children will shout and call each other names and the world outside of the schoolhouse is a no-holds-bar.

“Don’t call me something I am not, you dictionary, and it is to Chaos!” Scootaloo shouted back insulting Sweetie Belle, again no one did anything, the world can cruel, no sense in denying that to children.

“Yah both wrong!” Apple Bloom interjected also irritated, and then something snapped as the three started to throw punches at each other, tackle each other, and basically a brawl between the three. Now, something has to be done.

However before any of the three could actually hurt one another, Big Mac grabbed Scootaloo and Apple Bloom by their shirts, one in each hand. “EENOPE!” Big Mac shouted, stopping the three.

“Technically all three of you are right. ‘Discord’ is a form of ‘chaos, known mostly to cause ‘confusion’ in music and is often employed by ‘evil’ people. Thank you three for your demonstration of your understanding of discord. I look forward to each of your papers on the subject when we return home. Well, I think that’s enough for today.” Cheerilee said taking control of the situation overall as she led her class out and back to the hotel.

The CMC looked down at the ground as they walked in the back with Big Mac behind them. He was silent, but all three could tell that he was very very very disappointed in and with the three. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon having a jab at the three was not helpful.

Back at the statue, it started to crack and a tempered evil laugh was heard.


Chapter 1: Call to the Castle

Twilight was walking and reading a book, the title was obscured by the small collection of “resources” she had floating near her as she walked heading towards Sweet Apple Temple. She seemed to be lost in whatever subject she was reading. “TWILIGHT! WATCH OUT FOR…” Spike’s voice was heard shouted too late as Twilight walked into a tree causing her to fall backward and lose her focus on everything she was levitating.

“Tree. huh. Twilight, you got to stop walking and reading at the same time. We’re not in Chantalot anymore, we haven’t been there for months, and certainly not the palace. You’ve gotten the patterns and positions for the palace memorized so you can navigate the whole of it while distracted like it’s all nothing, but that’s just it! You can’t continue on like you did back in Chantalot, it’s too dangerous, especially with you only listening to my warnings half the time,” Spike continued as he ran to catch up with Twilight. Spike was on what were his hind-legs. Traveling bipedal, actually talking and being the size of most of the school-age boys were the only things that remained after he regained control over his avarice after the incident involving Rarity and a gem mine, the presence of that many precious stones gathered in one place was too much for a dragon at his level of maturity at the time, of course, that was two weeks ago. Long story short, he was becoming more and more like a typical dragon.

Twilight looked around as saw the apples in the trees just grew to several hundred times their normal size, the clouds shifted to have a pink color and they started to rain something chocolate in color, she also detected the slight hint of caramel and peanut butter coming from the orchard’s canals. “What the…?” she asked.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight looked to see Applejack was clearly not happy. “What’s with this chocolate rain?” the paladin asked as Rainbow Dash seemed to be tackling one of the pink clouds.

“I have no idea! The clouds are made of cotton candy! Something is clearly messing up with reality.” Rainbow Dash said as after she caught one but, shortly fell to the ground with her cotton candy sticking to her wings. “What the actual ….”

“Watch yahr tongue, Sugarcube. But yah made yahr point. Sorry for being cross with yah. Twi, did yah try some of yahr fancy super spells yah been readin’ about again?” Applejack asked turning to the arcane mage.

“I tried to go back in time to stop myself from worrying about the future the one time and every time something magical related goes awry it’s all my fault,” Twilight said rolling her eyes and giving a sign of exhaustion.

“Well, you did also try to solve that parasprite infestation by changing their diets via magic, which almost destroyed the town.” Spike pointed out earning him a slap the back of his head. “Ouch!” Spike said rubbing his read. “It’s not my fault you seek the quick fix instead of thinking things through.”

“He’s right.” Rainbow Dash commented, “So, I take it, you didn’t do this, but can you undo it?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Do you not remember the parasprite infestation, Sugarcube?” Applejack reminded the elementalist. “So w’at could be responsible for all this… chaos?” Applejack asked not entirely sure what the right word was.

Just then Spike burped up a scroll with the royal seal of Mystica, which had not changed since Luna’s return but was finally understood. “You got mail,” Spike informed as he grabbed the scroll and handed it to Twilight.

Twilight gave it a rapid read and then turned back to Rainbow Dash and Applejack, “It’s from Princess Celestia, we’re needed in Chantalot as soon as possible. Get Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy, and meet me at the Golden Oak.”

“Um, Twilight, how are we going to get to Chantalot? It would take us ‘til nightfall to get there by the recently finished direct track connecting Magiville to Chantalot and that’s assuming we catch the next train, which leaves in ten minutes.” Spike pointed out.

“I got it covered,” Twilight said as she began running back into town, Spike following. The dragon gave her a look that told her he severely doubted it, in his experience whenever Twilight said she had things “covered” it usually meant she’d only thought things through half way and was trying to do the rest of her calculations on the fly or was so overwhelmed she was going to do what seemed best a fevered state of mind.

“I call Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash said as she jumped into the air and bolted.

Applejack sighed, “And Big Mac is one of Cheerilee’s chaperones. Granny ain’t gonna like being on her own.” She shook her head. “Ah’m getting mah stetson and a stiff cider. Ah just hope Apple Bloom didn’t cause a ruckus.”

Almost twenty minutes later Rainbow Dash was bored out of her mind, as she waited outside of the Golden Oak with Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack for Twilight. “She does know even Rarity and Fluttershy are faster than her, right?” The rainbow-haired elementalist groaned as she kicked the air. Rarity was in a large, very stylized but still practical yellow raincoat and hat, Pinkie Pie was hopping around trying to drink as much of the chocolate milk that was raining as she could. Fluttershy was tense, she normally was not in town at this hour, and going to Chantalot shortly. Applejack was muttering storms of curses under her breath, mostly complaints about how the temple’s armory was now a swimming pool filled with apple flavored punch and all the gear was now a useless collection of pool toys.

Twilight emerged and took out her tome, “We are heading Chantalot, Princess Celestia said that there has been an emergency and we are ne....”

“Yeah Applejack and Rainbow Dash filled us in.” Pinkie Pie interrupted, taking a break from her chocolate milk collection.

“So how, um, are we going to get there?” Fluttershy asked. “The next train to Chantalot will have us arriving there tomorrow morning and won't be here for a couple of hours.”

“While I do enjoy booking a sleeping car, if the princess needs us, we’ll need a faster way, Darling.” Rarity commented. “And we need a plan soon. While this coat is waterproof it has not been tested for prolonged exposure to chocolate milk. And I think Applejack wants her crops back to normal as soon as possible.”

“MAH BUCKING CORN IS BUCKING POPPING LIKE BUCKING POPPING-CORN!” Applejack shouted. “MAH FAMIL....” Applejack stopped and took a few breaths. “Who or whatever did this has bucked with the wrong paladin.” She said as she punched the Golden Oak itself, no damage to the tree.

“Three ‘bucking’s in one sentence, she is super-duper-uper peeved. You might want to get us to Chantalot asap.” Pinkie Pie whispered as she appeared right next to Twilight perpendicular to Twilight at the arcane mage’s ear level. “Also the train is useless because the tracks are currently made of black licorice, and not even the good tasting kind, bluack.” Pinkie Pie said sticking her tongue out in disgust.

Twilight did not waste any more time as she opened her tome and a skyboat materialized right in front of them. This one was larger than the Charon they flew on when they went to confront Nightmare Moon. It was large enough to fit a dozen people with plenty of space. On the starboard bow was Twilight’s mark. “Everyone all aboard,” Twilight said. Everyone got on board. Even Fluttershy was at ease.

“Now this is a skyboat, Not even Fancy Pants’ is this marvelous, once you factor in size.” Rarity commented marveling the skyboat. “Where and how did…”

“We don’t have time for this, get this bucking thing airborne. Ah got my crops to save.” Everyone fell silent, and Twilight got the skyboat airborne, one does not get in between Applejack and her family, her livelihood, etc. After the skyboat reached the altitude Applejack took the helm. “Hold on tight, we’re going full speed ahead, Sugarcubes.” Applejack then shifted it to full speed. “Ah ain’t got time for this nonsense.” The skyboat started to fly towards Chantalot at an extremely fast rate, even Rainbow Dash was screaming.

Spike stepped out to see the skyboat leave without him, “Great, now I have to look after Angel, while Tank and Winona get along well, Opal on the other claw (shiver). Owlowiscious, I am going out to get the other pets to watch them!” he called out to the dwarf horned owl that he got from Fluttershy before last Nightmare Night to watch over Twilight during the night.

A groggy ‘hoo' was heard in response.

“I know it will mess up your sleep today, but this has to be done,” Spike said as he shut the door. “Better get the rabbit first. I can’t believe I actually wanted to eat him, good thing Twilight stopped me, he probably would have given me stomach issues if I had made a go at eating him” He muttered.


Celestia had just finished a meeting with her staff, it was another attempt to convince Gryphonstone to join Mystica proper, it did not achieve the main goal but Gryphonstone’s representatives at least commented to be involved and compete in the upcoming Mystica Games as she headed to the royal skyboat docks. “Why are the harpies so stubborn? Well, at least we have relationships with them.” She gave a sigh thinking about when Yakyakistan cut all ties almost seventy years ago. There was a skyboat was lowering to the dock and five young women who were screaming, they sounded like Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and… “Rainbow Dash?” Celestia asked herself.

As the skyboat was finally docked. “Ah, for cryin’ out loud, yah all’re a bunch of sissies.” Celestia heard as the paladin Applejack jumped out of the boat, it was clear that she was not in a pleasant mode. “See, ain’t a ding, scratch, dent, er anything on it. Yahr highness.” Applejack said as she took off her stetson and gave a slight nod as she turned to Celestia.

Celestia could tell that she would have to forgo pleasantries and formalities. “You arrived sooner than I expected,” Celestia said as she looked at the paladin and the other five as they got out of the skyboat.

“LAND!!!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she dived to the ground and started kissing it. “I never thought I’d miss it.” she kissed it a few more times.

“Sorry for the lack of decorum, your grace, but Sweet Apple Temple and all of Magiville itself seem to be plagued by some sort of, reality warping magic and this year’s crops are in jeopardy, so Applejack is a little… testy.” Rarity tried to be as tactful as possible, but there can only be so much tact one can muster after flying just close enough to make a sonic boom with an angry pilot. The operation of any vehicles in a volatile state is advised against, in fact, Celestia had made sure that it was in all the warnings for each type of vehicle within Mystica’s borders, a precaution Luna had echoed before and after her departure.

“So, why did you summon us, Princess?” Twilight asked, getting to the point.

“Follow me.” Celestia then turned and started towards the throne room. “A foe, Luna and I defeated long ago and we thought we were done with has come back. Do you remember the book ‘The Elements of Harmony, A Reference Guide’?” Celestia asked.

Pinkie Pie jumped raising her hand, “I do, I do.” she cheered. Twilight unconsciously rolled her eyes at Pinkie’s antics, but that did bring up memories of what she did before the Nightmare Moon incident.

“Um, yes. Why do you ask?” Twilight questioned thinking back to the start of last summer.

“The word ‘Discord’ was not misprinted to have the 'd' capitalized. It is a name, the name of an old foe.” Celestia continued to walk and talk as the six followed her. “When Luna and I became the diarchs of Mystica, there were vast stretches of this nation that were not part of Mystica at the time. A large portion of that area was lorded over by Discord, a being of pure chaos, an Erisadies. Through the use of his chaotic magic, he ruled over so many in a state of near constant misery as nothing more than marionettes for his amusement.” Celestia said as she walked into the throne room stopping a stain glass window. She hung her head and gave a sigh.

Depicted on the window were a Skyborn, an Earthborn and a Magicborn connected by ‘strings’ to the handles used by puppeteers to control marionettes with a colored stain-glass version of the being depicted by the statue the CMC had fought near. Celestia then looked back up.

She then walked over to another window, this one showed Celestia and Luna with the elements circling them, with the Element of Magic right in front of Celestia, a rainbow coming from the Element of Magic going to Discord and him turning to stone in the pose he took for the statue he ‘was’. “But Luna and I found the Element Harmony, and using them, we petrified him and he has been encased in stone ever since, until a few hours ago.”

“So, why did you call us?” Rainbow Dash asked as she looked at the stained glass windows.

“Because we are the new bears of the Elements of Harmony, see this window.” Pinkie Pie answered as she pointed to another window, this time with Twilight and company with the Elements in their current form blasting Nightmare Moon. “So we’re famous. Cool.”

Celestia then walked over to a wall hidden behind a tapestry depicting both Celestia and Luna in their full regalia and a standing as equals. “That’s new,” Twilight commented, this was a tapestry she had not seen before, then again it has been several months since she was in the throne-room.

“It’s absolutely magnificent, your grace. Even though it barely scratches Princess Luna’s and your divinities.” Rarity commented marveling the tapestry.

“We would prefer that you not put us on such high a pedestal, Rarity of Magiville,” Luna said louder than she needed to as she walked in clearly tired, dissolved with her hair clearly a mess. In her left hand was a huge mug, most likely filled with coffee. Before anyone could say anything. “We have been up all the last four days and are finally caught up with the matters of the domain since Our exile. And last night, many subjects had mares of the night. We need Our sleep, Sister.” Luna said and start to drink her coffee.

“Discord has escaped his prison,” Celestia said in a deadpan.

Luna spat out her coffee and started to cough. “You must be, as they say, trolling Us,” Luna said in disbelief. Celestia only shook her head. “The Elements having new bears is your best theory as to why Discord was able to free himself as he was sealed away with one harmony and that harmony ended….” Luna concluded as the reality was dawning on her. She dropped her mug as she ran to where Celestia was standing. They each placed their hands on a carving of their marks on the wall. It glowed to reveal a door, said door opened revealing a chest on a pedestal.

Celestia walked to the pedestal, “Since you six are the new bearers of the Elements, only you can…”. She stopped as she opened the chest. “What? This place is sealed with a magic only… This makes no sense.” Celestia was at a lost at what happened.

“Make sense, make sense. Oh where’s the fun in that, Cellie?” a male voice was heard resonating throughout the throne room clearly making light of the situation.

Celestia walked out of the chamber into the hallway, strutting in wrath, her usually tempered eyes, now two steps away from being pure plasma. “DISCORD!!!” she shouted in wrath.

“We would advise against losing your temper, Sister. Discord is little more than an importunate child longing for the affection that he never managed to have as a youngster and the only way he can make himself feel better is to tear everything down.” Luna said.

“SHOW YOURSELF!!!” Celestia shouted her anger very close to the surface, looking all over the room, as did everyone else, but it was clear Celestia was not going to be merciful if she found Discord first.

There was a flash of white light as the stained-glass depiction of Discord came to life and started to move independently. “Did you miss me, Cellie, because I sure missed you.” He moved to ‘sit’ on the rendering of the Earthborn. “It gets very lonely being encased in stone.” He said as he faked pain and shed a crocodile tear. “Of course you wouldn’t know. I never turned people into stone!” It was clear in that last bit there was bad blood on both Celestia’s and Discord’s sides of whatever relationship they shared. As he spoke he knocked on the image of the Earthborn making the sound of one knocking on stone.

“Before you cause Tia to go supernova resulting in a black hole killing us all, even you, you might want to tell us what you did with the Elements,” Luna said as she placed a hand on Celestia trying to calm the solar demigoddess down.

“Oh Lunie, it’s so much fun to mess with Cellie, you seem to have forgotten how grim and boring she is.” Discord chuckled as he moved to another window, this one with the six using the Elements on Nightmare Moon. “Might I say you’re evil when you’re beautiful.” Discord said looking at the stained-glass rendering of Nightmare Moon.

“Don’t you dare insult the princesses. Now give us back the Elements!” Rainbow Dash said hovering next to the stained-glass Discord.

Discord moved to be next to Rainbow Dash’s rendering, “Oh the ever faithful Rainbow Dash, famed for her loyalty.” He mocked the elementalist.

Rainbow Dash “Damn right! I will always stay loyal to those who matter most to me.”

“You might want to think more carefully about your word choice in the future,” said Discord in a half-mocking voice, “as I like to say, everything is about perspective, or rather I would if my preference for expressions wasn’t so erratic.”

“What is it you’re after Discord? Because I can assure you that whatever you’re cooking up will ultimately fail,” said Celestia with malice in her voice, bringing everyone to focus back on her.

“I’m not really one for preparations, and cooking is far too tedious for me to get enjoyment out of it,” said Discord with disinterest and a yawn, “I’m just interested in playing a game with the new bearers, if they win I’ll honor one request they have with no strings attached,” he gave an intense villainous laugh, that for some reason gave him a temporary black background with lightning crashing behind him, before continuing, “but if I win then I get to decide a few things about the future.”

“Why are we wasting time with this tacky piece of glass?” Rarity commented. “If you have business to discuss, then let's get down to the brass tacks already.” She said as she walked up to the window.

“Oh, the ever elegant and savvy Rarity, I would cite that you’re not being very generous with your time, but then again this is all really my time.” Discord said as he moved to be at Rarity’s eye level and closer to his true size, but still in the stained-glass form.

“We get it, yah know who we are and which Element we bear, and just to get this over with, Ah’m Applejack, Ah bear Honesty, Fluttershy bears kindness (likely the only one of us who'd put up with yah), Pinkie Pie bears laughter, which Ah am going to assume is yahr favorite element or so yah want us to believe, and Twilight bears the element of Magic. Can we move on?” Applejack said as she walked up to Discord.

Discord blinked, “Wow I never thought there would a bigger killjoy than Celestia. Well, you are a paladin.” Discord said as he vanished. “Alright alright, I will tell you where I placed the Elements. But my way.” The last part his voice is heard in a pseudo-song.

“What way?” Twilight asked as she stepped to be in the discussion, “I suppose Applejack’s behavior would indicate how we really don’t have time for any of this...um...” Twilight paused not entirely sure what exactly to say.

“Tomfoolery.” Applejack stated giving her word choice in a deadpan.

“Yeah, but you seem like a trickster type, which means that’s basically your thing.” Twilight finished showing that she understands her enemy as well.

“Ah, yes, the ever well-read, and well-bred, Twilight Sparkle,” said Discord as he reappeared on her staff as a series of moving carvings, “you may not always act like it, mostly due to your little beliefs about decorum being a waste of time in most cases. But you are indeed correct, I do enjoy messing with my opponents. Now, where was I?” He rubbed his goatish beard as if he had forgotten something.

“Getting ready for tea with a hatter, a hare, and a dormouse,” said Pinkie, seeming to be unaware of the situation around her.

“Oh, right, your clue to finding the elements,” said Discord reappearing in his true size and his true form in his attire, revealing that everything that was not human was, in fact, part of him. He leaned against Twilight like she was some kind of wall, he made a motion seeming to clear his throat, “To find the elements, you will have to go through several twists and turns to find yourself right back where your adventure began.” Discord then vanished in a flash of light with a massive chuckle that lingered in the air but everything was back to normal.

“Called it!” Pinkie Pie shouted. Everyone looked at her baffled. “What else would you code 'clue to the elements' when you're dealing with an Erisadies?” Pinkie Pie asked as she looked at everyone in disbelief. “You know, hatters use to work with heavy metals like lead and mercury which messes with their minds, hares are often considered to go crazy during March and dormice... dormice... I got nothing but it's part of the tricolon.” Pinkie Pie commented.

“Um, maybe we should go home and think about this,” said Fluttershy timidly turning attention away from what appeared to be a non-sequitur from the jester, “I find that sleeping on riddles helps to solve them.”

“Twists and Turns… Twists and Turns… Twists and Turns…” Twilight muttered to herself as she walked around the throne room. She looked out one of the non-stained-glass windows. There was the royal hedge garden that was used as a maze for certain parties, namely Princess Celestia’s birthdays, near the entrance was a pedestal with nothing on it, most likely where Discord’s former prison was and is the starting point. It was actually there that Celestia told her that she needed to read more fiction. “Twists and Turns!” She said as if she had a Eureka moment. “Come on girls, I know where to go.” Twilight then bolted.

Her five friends gave a sigh, “Why does she always go headlong into things?” Rarity asked. “Time-travel, changing diets of animals, I always assumed that she is the most intelligent of us.” Rarity commented.

“Knowing ‘ow to cast a spell ain’t the same t’ing as knowing when ta cast it. We better get going, Sugarcubes.” Applejack said as she started after Twilight, the rest following her.

Celestia took a deep breath and was finally calmed. Luna waited for a second and asked. “Do you think Twilight is right with her conclusion?”

Celestia started to pace on what Discord said. “Back where your jour…” Celestia muttered as she placed her hand on her chin. She then froze for a second, her eyes glazed and then returned to normal. Turning back to Luna. “We need to get all the letters they all sent me.” Celestia then bolted into her studies.

“We knew We are the Princess of the Night, but you could afford to not keep Us in the dark,” Luna said ultimately to empty space. “We need more coffee,” she said after giving a sigh of frustration. “Or get Cadance to deal with this. We need Our sleep.” Luna then began following her sister. But before she left the throne room, “Tantabus,” she called and her devotee appeared from her shadow. “Find Cadance and Shining Armor and escort them to Our sister’s studies. We will need their help in Our attempt to help Celestia with her plans whatever they may be,” She ordered her most dedicated servant. He nodded but before he slid back into Luna’s shadow Luna stopped him and gave him a kiss, a kiss shared between forbidden lovers. “Just don’t spook them if you don’t have to.” The Tantabus nodded returned the kiss in kind and vanished as he appeared.

Author's Note:

Well it has started, the battle with chaos. I hope you all enjoy this story. Feel free to post any criticism you have.

Much like 'Revenge of Nightmare Moon', this is part of the My Little Mages universe which includes My Little Mages: After Effect by dracone and all the events touched on here will be given their due either there or as stories on this account.

You are all awesome people reading this far.

Foxhelm