• Published 10th Sep 2016
  • 453 Views, 4 Comments

Dark days of Equestria - hyderpony



Dark Dash is at large and he plans to find Gallop Crush.

  • ...
 4
 453

9 New Place to set up Camp.

Back inside the dark scary cave that maybe are still filled with bats. The group were almost done packing their gear and were then all set to leave.

“So, Are we all set then?” Gallop said to the group.

“Yep, we're all set,” Apple Bloom said and for some unknown reason she winked at Gallop.

Gallop found the wink a bit odd. Why did Apple Bloom wink at her like that? Was it because of her looks? Or maybe it was because of that storm when she saved Apple Bloom's life from being crushed by a certain object falling on her because of that storm. Anyway she just smiled thinking nothing of it as the group started to head through the cave. It was dark and damp. Luckily Pinkie had a torch on her which was attached to her mane.

“How far does this cave go on for?” Apple Bloom thought as she looked at Gallop.

Gallop just looked at Apple Bloom with an I don’t know expression on her face. Gallop couldn't say anything as that some of the ponies already know about Gallop's mind reading secret.

To have something to talk about on the way, Gallop talked to the group.

“Do you remember the day I saved your life, Apple Bloom?” Apple Bloom blushed. She gave a big sigh and then said:

“I remember like it was yesterday. You were so fast and so brave Gallop. I'm so grateful what you did that day. I really have to make it up to you some day. That'll be my mission. To make it up to my lifesaver, Gallop Crush!”

Then Gallop started to blush and eventually said:

“Oh you don’t have to make it up to me Apple Bloom. Just being my friend is all I need.”

“I can’t believe you beat me in that race Gallop!” Rainbow Dash said amazed and surprised at that fact.
“I can’t believe it either, I just worked for it Rainbow.” Gallop said.

“You, I mean you were just a Filly Gallop! You have a gift. The love you hold Gallop, is friendship to the core,” Rainbow said proudly.

Gallop blushed and said:
“Thanks Rainbow, we really do need more love in this world.”

“ I see a light…… daylight, the light of day, sunlight!”

There was in fact daylight and they then after that long agonising walk they came towards the end of the cave.

Boy it seemed endless!

“Ooh ooh you know what this reminds me of?” Pinkie Pie asked. In her usual hyperactive voice.

“Daring Do?!” Rainbow and Twilight answered in an excited unison. But the thing is Dashie said after Daring Do “The Razor of Dreams” and Twilight said “And the Quest of the Sapphire Statue”. Still in part of answering Pinkie Pie's question.

“Seriously?” Pinkie Pie thought not amused. “Er Pinkie Pie? I know what you said in your head,” Gallop reminded her.

The Pink hyperactive party planning, looking after Pound and Pumpkin, bake a lot of cakes, may go to the rock farm time to time trying to bring a smile to her family with no response pony just chuckled awkwardly at Gallop and then corrected the Egghead and sort of Egghead their question. “Hey!” Twilight said annoyed. Sweet Celestia! Is Twilight now breaking the fourth wall and now breaking the laws of physics?

Reading this you're starting to think this chapter's getting interesting, am I right?

- Time ticks by. And so can we finally get the answer we are waiting for? -

“No. Lord of the Rings!” Coming out of the cave and it was Caradhras!” Pinkie Pie eventually answered.

“Pinkie, this is no time to start breakin' the fouth wall,” Applejack said.

“Oh sorry, I just can’t help it,” Pinkie Pie said. “I'm just too good at it!”

“It's okay Pinkie,” Gallop said as she was looking at the view.

The ponies looked at the scenery and it looked beautiful. The grass and the leaves on the trees were green like never before and the weather was so hot.

Birds were chirping which of course Fluttershy would have loved the sound of if she were here.

Ponies were walking by talking to each other. Until the ponies they just saw who were greeting and talking to each other were not as happy as they were a few minutes ago.

In fact they were collapsing to the ground. It was SO hot that they were struggling to find shade. Rainbow rushed to help the poor ponies and found them shade by a rock. She then rushed back to the group to find that the trees were dying!

Their leaves were slowly and surely crisping away into dust and the ground temperature outside the cave was rising and rising. It seems that for now they can't leave the cave. They have to stay on the spot they're in now.

“Rainbow, what's happening with the weather? This isn't normal is it?” Gallop asked. She was also scared. She tried not to panic.

“No Gallop, this is NOT normal. it all started two months ago,” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Twilight is now starting to think that Dark Dash is controlling the weather, but I don’t know. How?” She said looking Puzzled.

“Well what you have got to think about Gallop is Dark Dash is a VERY powerful pony and was powerful for so many years.” Rainbow reminded her.

“I guess so,” Gallop said.

“We need a place to set up camp Gallop, let's keep movin',” Applejack said. Luckily I came prepered.

Everypony put these on”. Everypony were given black Wellington boots and immediately put them on.

Rainbow looked at the boots and said “Ha! I don't need those boots. I have these, hello?”

“But what if your flappy things get tiered, hmmm?” Applejack asked her”. “Good point,” Rainbow Dash said knowing that she was outsmarted.

So when all the ponies and yes even Rainbow Dash put on the Wellington boots Gallop then says:

“You're right Applejack, let's go and find a good spot.”

Gallop looked at Rainbow and said:

“Now what would Daring Do do?” she pondered.

“Well she would do her best like you would do,” Rainbow Dash said.

The group kept on looking until they came upon a stream and flat grass.

“This looks like a good place y'all,” Apple Bloom called out.

Apple Bloom, Gallop why don’t you take a break?” Applejack said.

“But but ..,” Gallop said. She was the leader she thought, but even she needs a rest. Applejack is only doing this to make up for her mistake back in the cave.

“But nothin’ Gallop, you need a break!” Applejack insisted.

“Okay Applejack and thank you,” Gallop said going along with it.

Applejack smiled.

“Come on y'all, let's build the tent back up. But try not to touch the ground with yer hooves,” Applejack said and warned.

Gallop and Apple Bloom walked down towards the water of the stream. While they were walking all the way Apple Bloom looked at Gallop in a funny way.

“This is a nice place. so peaceful,” Gallop said thinking of her dad.

“Yeah. This is nice,” Apple Bloom replied. Things were silent for a bit until: Gallop, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah sis, what's up?” Gallop said smiling.

Apple Bloom just stood there not knowing what do to say. She just blushed as she was moving closer to Gallop.

“Are you okay Apple Bloom?” Gallop asked.

“Yeah I'm fine,” Apple Bloom said and then she gave a thought:

“Gallop, I love you. You're more than just a friend and a sister. I want our relationship to grow bigger than we have now,” The nervous little yellow red maned earth pony sighed, took a deep breath and eventually continued her thought: “What I'm tryin' to say is Gallop .. I've got a crush on you,”

Gallop looked at Apple Bloom as she then had red cheeks. She called her name and Apple Bloom looked at her and they stared at each other face to face. It was quiet. All that was left were the sounds of the running water of the stream and possibly the group chatting in the distance. There sound of their chatter was weak though. A few minutes later:

“Apple Bloom?” I feel the same way!” Gallop confessed going red too.

Apple Bloom had the biggest smile on her face after that confession from Gallop Crush.

The two ponies suddenly they began walking to each other, Slowly and surely Apple Bloom moved closer as she looked at Gallop and then……..