• Published 10th Sep 2016
  • 453 Views, 4 Comments

Dark days of Equestria - hyderpony



Dark Dash is at large and he plans to find Gallop Crush.

  • ...
 4
 453

7 The Nightmare Turns to Reality

It was dark and very cold inside the cave they all stayed for the night. Eventually though all the ponies were fast asleep in their sleeping bags.

Drip .. drip .. drip .. Came the sound of rain water dripping from the cave top.

Gallop was laying in her sleeping bag and it seems she'd been crying.

Why did she cry? Did ponies say things in her mind badly that hurt her feelings? No. Of course not. Her friends in the cave wouldn't do that to her. Unless she could have accidentally overheard Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon say bad things that upset her perhaps. Anyway she then started to drift off into an uneasy sleep.

Gallop was flying in the air. it was hot and she was having a time of her life then it started to rain hard and the temperature started to get extremely cold. The wind started to pick up and Gallop was having a hard time staying up.

“I'd better land!” Gallop said to herself.
That was easier said than done as she couldn't see the ground.
She started to slow down to land but the wind was howling and it was so strong.

“This is crazy! I am so not going to land like this!” Gallop said angry to herself.
Then suddenly, it stops raining. It was then hot again but up ahead she saw a rainbow. A dark rainbow just ahead of her!
“What's going on? What's that?! Nooooo it can’t be nooooooo !! I TOO YOUNG TO DIE !!” Gallop shouted fearing for her life.

Then came a strong force and a bright light flashed with it and the next minute Gallop was on the ground.

Gallop looked and looked to see who saved her. What brave Pegasus pony saved her from what was quickly going to be the verge of her death. She was dazed, confused, speechless.

“Gallop! Long time no see,” A feminine voice said.

That was the first clue. This pony who saved her was a female.

Gallop looked to see who the voice was and it turned out not to be a knight in shining armor pegasus but instead was the most beautiful Princess of the night, Luna! Princess Luna was right in front of her. She hadn't seen the Princess of the Night since she was a filly:

“Luna!, it's you!” Gallop said in surprise.

“Yes. It is me and it has been a long time since you last had a nightmare,” Princess Luna replied.

“Yes .. it has, wait! I was having a nightmare?” Gallop said looking puzzled.

“Yes. You were having a nightmare,” Said Princess Luna.

“So, it was just a nightmare then? Oh I'm glad it's just that!” Gallop said looking relieved.

“No Gallop. it is your nightmare yes, but it's also happening in real life!! Ponies are dying all over Equestria. Dark Dash is still at large. Who knows who will become his next target? My sister, Princess Cadence, Twilight or even .. me!” Luna said with a worried look on her face.

“I know. And that's why I'm here to help!” Gallop said determined..

“That's not what I heard Gallop. You have a very special gift and you will go far.” Luna said.

Gallop blushed and then said:

“Thanks Luna. Has anypony died?”

“You will find out soon enough Gallop,” Princess Luna answered.

“Who is it? Who?!” Gallop said.

Luna was nowhere to be seen.

Luna? Princess Luna? LUNNNAAAAAA?! Gallop now said in panic.

Gallop woke up to see that it was day time and she then ran out of the cave. She looked around the cave and then she sees a pony on the ground.

Gallop walked up slowly scared to see who it was. Then she couldn't believe her eyes as knew who the pony was!

Spitfire, Gallop's boss dead on the ground. She screamed.

Gallop then started to cry. Rainbow heard her scream and in no time came flying out the cave to see what happened to Gallop. She then spotted the corpse of not only Gallop's boss but hers too!

Rainbow was just as shocked as she was. She was going to cry too but she managed to hold it off and she then hugged her crying friend.

After 2 minutes, Gallop looked at Spitfire and then she looked at the hoof. There was a parchment piece under her hoof.

Gallop went to look at it and then she looked at Rainbow.

Gallop started to read it:

“Gallop. it's your mum Clover. Don't worry to much about me my dear I'm safe. I am in hiding. Flying is not a safe thing to do now. I was able to get hold of Princess Twilight Sparkle and she told me that you can read minds. I know what you're thinking, how come she knows? Well the Doctor told her. She needs to know. I'm sure you understand that. She has also put a kinder spell on me, so I'll be able to hear you as well. Again don’t worry about me, but please Gallop don’t come and look for me. You'll only put your life in danger. Stay safe, I love you.”

Gallop had tears in her eyes.

“You'll be okay Gallop,” Rainbow said nurturing her.

“Well whose going to be the boss now?” Gallop asked.

“Gallop, Rainbow Dash is now the boss of The Wonderbolts. She was next in line.” Princess Celestia said in Gallop's mind.

Gallop looked at Rainbow. Rainbow said:

“I think I may be the new boss now Gallop, but that doesn't change the fact that you're Head Role, that task was hoofed to you and only you. Your friends would still guide you in any help you may need. So you need .. No! You HAVE to stay strong Gallop. Is that clear?”

“Yes ma'am!” Gallop answered and saluted to the new Captain of the Wonderbolts.

Gallop then hugged Rainbow as the other ponies came out of the cave to see where Gallop and Rainbow was.