• Published 29th Aug 2016
  • 4,431 Views, 105 Comments

An unexpected friendship - Shadow SSS



Being a new student is never easy... Being a new Shadowbolt is even worse. This is the story of your new life as a Shadowbolt

  • ...
7
 105
 4,431

Chapter 12 - A joyful memory

So, Cynch you left you off the hook for now until you can solve everything right? Then why the hell are you still worried? There was nothing that could possibly bother you right now! You were doing good in class, you were in good terms with pretty much everyone, and there was still two weeks before the friendship games would show up? Then what was the problem? Why could you not sleep?

Well whatever it was, it had to stop because you could not miss another day of school from lack of sleep. Luckily your mother did give you a few sleeping pills for situations like this. You were always worried they would make you oversleep, but luckily, the times you took them, you would always wake up the next day to the sound of your alarm. What harm could it bring if you took one now?

Walking up to the bathroom, you rummaged around the medicine cabinet to try and find this blessed pills. You were never worried about the side effects. The worst thing that could happen is actually make you tired the next day instead of help you rest and have a good night sleep. That is if you don’t take into consideration the part were this pills could give you nightmares.

Whatever, there was only one way to find out. You took a glass of water along with a single pill, put them in your mouth and gulp it down normally. After emptying the remaining water on the sink, you head back to bed, laid down and waited for the pills to take effect, and waited, and waited, and nothing happens. In the end, you just ended up staying up all night long in your phone.

Before you could even realize the pill was not taking effect on your body, the alarm on your phone suddenly began buzzing, taking you by surprise making you jump five feet on the air before falling down on the floor “Damn phone” you said rubbing your head annoyed from the sudden scare. It was too early to be dealing with this things, not to mention that the lack of sleep had you super tired and you did not want to know anything about life right now.

There’s no time like the present! Standing up, you head over to your bathroom yet again and began brushing your teeth, splashed your face with some water and fixed the mess that is your hair. Once you were done with that, you felt surprisingly good and refreshed. At least for now, who knows how long it will last.

“Looking good Anon” You said to yourself trying to one up your self esteem. It was sad how you had to say this to yourself everyday knowing that no one will ever say this words to you, or so you think. You don’t know what the future holds for you, but one thing is for sure, not someone who will tell you that.

“Okay… Time to feed my little baby” You said walking over to a big glass cage on your room and looked inside. Right there, there was a silly “little” albino snake. A Ball Python no bigger than 90cms long to be precise, with white beautiful scales, deep red eyes and tiny fangs that she hardly ever uses but they are adorable nevertheless. You were not exactly worried of her eating you in your sleep because it was quite small. That was one of the reasons you chose this little guy. Some snakes tend to eat their owner at certain point in their life if they can, but your snake was not even close to being long enough to gobble you up.

“How is my little Silvy doing?” You asked gently picking her up out of her cage and gave her a little kiss on the snout.

Being the little snake of daddy, ‘Silvy’ had never done any harm to you nor the people near you. It was a pretty smart snake who was really caring as well. Maybe it was due to her old owner. A shy nice girl by the name of Fluttershy. You had never seen someone so affecting and caring about her animals before. Maybe that is why Silvy was so lovely.

“Are you Hungry baby?” You asked going down to the kitchen with her and looked around inside one of the cabinets for a little rat. At first you felt a little bad for having to feed her live animals. It was a shame she would not take dead ones. But after a few times of feeding her, and finding the little rats assaulting your kitchen one night making a huge mess, that sad feeling was gone. Now you just either capture rodents yourself with traps or buy them on a store to feed them to her. Two per day should be more than enough to feel her up.

The rats are securely put away in a cage so they don’t escape after they are captured. Putting on a safety glove on, you reached inside the cage, pulled one out carefully and hand it over to your snake, who grabbed it with its mouth in the split of an eye and the rat was gone.

Being so pleased with the rat, Silvy moved closer to your face and snuggled it for a moment before wrapping around you for a ‘hug’. At least that is what Fluttershy told you. You are pretty sure she just wraps around you for a better grip so she doesn’t fall down, but the hug deal sounded nicer.

“You’re welcome” You said with a smile and carried on to prepare your own breakfast. The usual, scrambled eggs with two toasts and a glass of juice. Simple, economic and fills you up just enough until lunchtime comes around.

Right as you were eating your breakfast, your phone began buzzing. It was pretty weird to get a call this early in the morning, but regardless your picked it up and answered.

“Anon speaking, who’s this?”

“Anon, it’s dean Cadance speaking. I was just calling you to inform you that there will be no classes today due to an accident on the water supply system” You never imagined that such a perfect school like Crystal Prep would have a problem like this. This might be some sort of dream, but you are not complaining. No school!

“Oh alright Dean Cadance. Thanks for the heads up, I was about to leave” You said with a smile as you sat down on your couch.

“No problem, now, I must call your classmates. Have a good day”

“Have a nice day”

With that, the call ended and you could finally contemplate the free had on your hands… You could do some homework, you could do some house chores, maybe you could call a friend, maybe hang around with them or maybe… It’s already 8PM and you wasted the whole day playing video games.

“I seriously should pay more attention in life” You said leaving your xbox controller on the couch and stood up. Your whole body was sore from being on the couch laying down all day long. Now that you think of it, you had not even eaten anything all day due to your addiction to gaming, and now your stomach was growling you louder than an angry guard dog protecting it’s house from an intruder.

“I know, I know. I will prepare something” You said patting your stomach and head over to the kitchen to prepare some food, but there was something amiss right now. That’s right, your snake was no longer around your neck. Now where did that little devil go?

You had to find her before doing anything really, you really did not want to spend the whole night looking for her, but it seemed you had no choice. Maybe it is looking for a rat to eat, after all, she does know where you keep them… but she was nowhere near the kitchen. Mhhhh, how about your bedroom? She does like cuddling on your pillow when you let her free around your house. Nope, she was not in your bedroom either. Luckily all the windows were closed so there was no way that she left the house without you realizing.

The bathroom? That sounded silly, but who knows? Heading over to the door on the end of the hallway, you slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open “Silvy, are you here my little baby?” You called out with a smile to find something… unexpected. Silvy was no longer little. In fact, she was quite big. Big enough to scare anyone who sees her. You were scared enough yourself. Your little snake of no more than 90cms long… or at least the way she used to be, was at least 3 meters tall and god knows how long now.

“Silvy? How are you this big all of the sudden?” There was no logical explanation for this. Snakes don’t suddenly just grow like this in the span of a day… not that you know of. The only logical explanation was magic, and as we all know, magic is as real as a dragon coming through a portal and end up in this world.

“Silvy?” You asked stepping back as the snake slowly began slither its way towards you, but her eyes were not the same as always. She was looking at you like if you were her pray. Like if you were one of those rats in your cage. She was not planning on eating you, was she?

You tried to reason with her, to try and calm her down, but all that came out of your mouth was a little squeak. Trying again to talk to her, yet another squeak came out. You quickly covered your mouth in fear, but as soon as you realized, your face had gotten longer and turned brown all of the sudden. Your hands got way smaller resembling little paws and what followed was the rest of your body. Your cloths disappeared, your ears grew out, your feet and body were suddenly covered in hair and you grew out a tail from nowhere.

You were no longer a human. You were now a defenseless little rat against your pet snake who had no idea you were her owner. The sane side of your brain was telling you this was a dream… no a nightmare, but the active part of your brain was telling you to run. Run for your dear life… and so you did. The fear of being eaten alive was way too strong for you to comprehend this was not real And you truly believed you were a rat.

You had no idea where you were headed. You did not care where your legs would take you. The only thing important to you right now was not to get eaten by your snake out of all things. The only reason you got a snake this small was not to get eaten by it, but life sure finds ways to fuck you up all the time.

Somehow, you ended up inside a little hole, cornered by three walls and the hole you came through behind you. You had to leave from this dead end. If Silvy finds you, you are dead for sure… on the other hand, she does have to find you. Maybe you are lucky and she won’t notice you.

But Miss Fortune was not on your side today. In the end, your albino snake found the little hole and just stared at you, almost enjoying the moment. Say your prayers anon because - BEEP- this is going to be the last thing -BEEP- you will see in your -BEEP- life.

The last thing you saw was your snake's mouth quickly opening as it approached you when all of the sudden, you hear a loud alarm that made your eyes shot open. Once you realized that you were still on your room in one piece and as a human, you finally understood, It was all a dream. The pills did have an effect on you and you did fall asleep in the end. Thank goodness.

You were never happier to wake up at 6AM in the morning.

After making sure this was not a dream by pinching your arm and actually feel pain, your went on with your daily routine. You brushed your teeth, combed your hair, splashed your face with water, feed your snake, had some breakfast and relax for a few minutes. The only difference right now, was that you did not get a call from Dean Cadance, which meant… another boring day of school

Hey… look at the bright side. You are still alive and you don’t have to run away from your snake.

“Be a good girl for daddy, okay Silvy? I will be back in the afternoon” Who knows if the snake really understands what you say or not. Fluttershy told you that speaking with your pets was good for them because it helps them recognize their owners if they ever get lost. Not only that, but it helps with the bond you two form. It may be true, it might not be, but whatever the truth was, you would do it anyways, after all. Silvy is a good listener.

Once you left Silvy back on her cage safe and sound, you took your belonging, picked up your phone and head out to the streets. It was a warm morning despite the sun barely peeking out on the horizon. It was no surprise really, you were in the last few days of summer after all, autumn was right around the corner.

Autumn, season for halloween, one of your favourites holidays ever. You get to go around, dress up and sometimes even spook little kids while they are trick or treating with your horrifying costumes. Maybe you will finally get invited to a Halloween Party? They do tend to get quite wild from what you heard. Some of them end up with crazy games, or great stories to tell your friends once they sober up and can actually remember things. That was one of the perks you had for never drinking and getting drunk in the process. You get to live the action and remember it… that is if you get invited to said places in the first place.

Right now you had a particular party to look forward to, and that is Lemon’s party in just a few days. Shoot you had not thought what you would wear! Should you bring a swimming suit like she told you? Maybe you could bring a swimming suit and some trousers to change into later once you are done swimming and what not? Maybe that was the best plan.

Speak of the devil. Waiting on the bus stop was none other than Lemon. Considering how much money her family has, it was weird to see her waiting for the bus and not driving her own car.

“Hey Lemon!” You called out to the musician who was bobbing her head with her eyes closed at the beat of her music. Of course, since it was so loud and she was not paying attention to the world around her, she did not notice you when you called her.

So you did the first thing that came to your mind once you got close to her. You tapped her shoulder and waved your hand at her. Of course, this time around she did turn around and saw you standing next to her

“Duuuuude! Hey!” She almost yelled making you jump from the loud scream in your ear. She quickly pulled her headphones down and giggle “Sorry about that, I didn’t mean to break your eardrums”

“It’s alright. So… I thought you would have your own car and what not”

Lemon shrugged and looked away “I’m not really interested in driving. My dad did offer me a car before, but I honestly don’t want to bother with driving around and all. I would rather skate with my rollerblades”

“You know how to use them?” Despite how much you like Lemon, you don’t see her as the type who would pick a sport and practice it

“Of course! I’ve been rolling ever since I was five. You see, my dad had no idea what to buy me then so he settled with a pair of rollerblades. At first I hated them because I would always fall and hurt my bum, but I was stubborn, and I was determined to not fall down anymore, and before I knew it, I was skating all over the place with a smile on my face” She explained as she stretched both arms up in the air and yawn “But, yesterday I had a weird nightmare that kept me up all night and I could not sleep… So now I’m too tired to go skating to school”

“Hey! I had a nightmare too… I was a little rat running away from my snake who was trying to eat me” You said with a giggle at how silly that sounded out loud.

Lemon chuckled and then gasped as soon as she realized something “You have a pet snake!? That is awesome! I love snakes! Dude, you have to show me one day! Promise me you will show me!” She said nudging you on your side

You could not help but giggle at her response and nod “Alright alright, I will show you to her. She’s a little white ball python with red eyes”

Lemon freaked out even louder and began punching you in the chest “Dude! How come you did not tell me earlier! Now I really wanna see it”

Lemon really seemed to like snakes. Maybe you could bring it to school if there ever is a ‘bring your pet to school’ day, but it did make you wonder…

“If you like snakes so much, how come you don’t have one yourself?”

Her happy attitude quickly shift over to a sadder one, maybe even slightly annoyed “Well, my mom and dad don’t really like animals. It is the one thing they don’t let me have, and it’s the one thing I really want… that is after my music” She quickly clarified in case you got the wrong idea. There was no doubt she loves her music over everything else.

“Well, you are free to come and visit Silvy anytime”

That took her a little by surprise “Who’s Silvy?”

“Oh right… My python is called Silvy. I really didn’t name her, when I bought her, she already had that name, but I found it so cute, that I kept it”

“Ahhhh” She said rocking back and forward with her feet “So, hey… don’t worry about Gilda, okay? We got you covered fam” She said giving you a friendly punch on the elbow.

It was reassuring to have the Shadow 5 on your side and not against you, but still, no matter how much she may tell you this, you were still worried. As soon as Gilda finds out you double crossed her, she is going to get quite poised, and who knows what she will do to you after the party.

“Yeah I know. Thanks Lemon… Oh, I talked to Twilight. She said she is not coming, I hope that is fine with you… not that she doesn’t like you or anything, is just… she just doesn’t enjoy parties… you know what I mean?” You said trying to explain this as best as you could while also trying to avoid harming her feelings.

Lemon shrugged and nodded “I understand. She does have quite a hard time every party she comes. One time, she came to one of my parties, and all the Futbol team picked her up and threw her into the pool… she did not appreciate it. I think that was the last time she came to one of my parties… or any party for that matter. It’s a little sad. Everyone treats her so bad but she is so good”

“Tell me about it. I just wish there was something I could do for her”

Even though she is the smartest, most patient and nicest person in this school, everyone treat her like she is shit

“Well, we’ll think about something Anon, you’ll see” She said as the bus stopped in front of both of you. Being the gentlemen you are, you let Lemon climb up first and you followed her right after. Since you did not know anyone, and Lemon signaled you to sit with her, you followed her lead and sit on her side.

“So Lemon… What do you have planned for Gi-” A pair of pink hands quickly cover up your mouth and shush you

“Dude, people can hear. Not here” She said whispering in your ear and looked around worried that someone might have heard, but everyone was preoccupied with their own business.

You quickly nodded and she finally pulled her hands away before looking down at her Ipod “So… Watcha wanna talk about?”

“What kind of music do you like?”

You were kind of expecting that question to show up sooner or later “Oh… well, I am not all too picky, I like listening to all sorts of music”

Lemon chuckled and hand you over one of her earbuds and smile “Well, if you had to pick one?”

Taking her offer, you put the earbud in your ear and thought “Mhhhhh, if I had to chose one…. I would have to say… classical music”

Lemon was a bit surprised by your response, but not at all disappointed “Cool, not many people can appreciate musical. I like it, but I am not a huge fan of it. Rock n Roll is my jam!”

Of course it is, She is always listening to rock as loud as she can

“But I also like Pop and Dubstep… I certainly love making mixes with my DJ mixer”

“Yea about that. You told me what got you into roller skating, but what about music?” The mystery behind the musician was one that not many knew, not everyone was worthy to know her secret.

You were one of the chosen few who would be allowed to know “Me? With music? Well, it’s kind of like a long story…”

“We have about 30 minutes before we get to school. Tell me” You encouraged her with a smile.

Not being able to contain her excitement, she turned to look at you and nod “Alright, well… It happen when I was little... ”


“Mom! I’m going outside to skate!” A young Lemon of no more than six or seven years old yelled to her mother on the living room who was talking with one of her friends not really paying much attention to get daughter. Of course, her mother was always preoccupied with someone else to spend time with her daughter. It was a little sad, but Lemon did not mind, it gave her more time for herself.

Not hearing any complains from her mother or anything like that, Lemon decided to take her helmet and walked over to the side walk with her brand new rollerblades on hand. Despite this being the fifth time she used them, she was determined to master this hardcore skill that was bestowed on her hands by the skating gods. This, tremendous and impossible task. Skate around without falling down for more than 10 meters.

Back then, little Lemon had no worries in life. She would just go with the flow, enjoy whatever time she had for herself and do whatever her heart would tell her to do since there was no one to stop her or tell her otherwise.

Luckily enough, the Zest family at the time, lived on a pretty isolated area where hardly any cars would go by and interrupt the child’s playing on the streets, so Lemon had all the street for herself to try and skate around without having to worry about incoming trafic or muggers or anything like that.

She put her helmet on, took her shoes off to make room for her roller blades and was finally ready to go. Almost. First thing first, sticking her tongue out along with a frown, she pushed her hands against the floor and slowly began pushing herself up in her two feet. Wobbling back and forward a few times, the fear of falling face first was covering her completely. It almost felt like her life depended on it… luckily she managed to stay up... a little shaky, but better than meeting the ground so soon. One thing down, a few to go.

Now came the hard part. No one ever taught her how to go forward. She would always push herself forward with a parked car or something, but this time around, there was nothing near her. Not a car, not a post of any kind nor someone watching over her that could give her a little boost or something.

“Bummer” She said once she realized that there was nothing to assist her with this hard task “Okay… Here I go” She said determined clenching her fists and began walking forward like she normally does thinking that is how skaters go forward in the first place. Not her brightest idea.

As soon as she lift her foot up to begin walking, little Lemon rolled forward and fall on her butt with all the weight of her body on it. Tears immediately began forming on her eyes from the pain, but she stopped as soon as someone picked her up and put her back on her two feet again. She was confused and looked around to see who her savior was.

A tall guy wearing a black leather vest, along with some torn up blue jeans and a shirt of The Beatles on. Wearing a pair of black converse and some shades covering his eyes.

“Bright Beat!” She said cheerfully and quickly hugged him, almost falling again from the sudden movement, but the person was holding her tight now.

“Hey cousin. What are you doing here all by yourself?” He question booping her nose and hold her arms out to begin guiding her around with the rollers.

Lemon panicked a little when she was moving against her will, but quickly relaxed and smile “I was… I… I was… I was just practicing! But, I don’t know how to skate, and my mom is not helping me”

“Mhhhh, well, I know how to skate. Want me to give you a hand?” He offered not really minding. Even Though teenagers usually don’t have time for little kids like Lemon, Bright Beat was not like every other teenager. He would always help his little cousin out whenever she needs it.

“You would teach me!? Yes!” She said with a nervous giggle as her legs would occasionally jerk forward since she doesn’t know how to balance herself just yet but lucky Bright Beat did not let go one second and made sure she would not fall down again.

“Relax Lemon. I won’t let you fall” He said holding her hand up over her head even tighter “See, I got you”

“A-alright”

“Now… Try to guide your legs like… like sound waves” He said not really considering that Lemon might not know what a sound wave is

“A sound what?” The confused child asked as she struggled to keep her feet from being too close to each other or even too far away

“Mhhh… Maybe not that example… I know” He said taking her back to the sidewalk and made her sit as he pulled out his MP3 player with the tiny stereo and put on some music “Here… you hear the music right?”

“Yea?”

“Well, now let it guide you… Let the sound and the notes guide your feet around. Close your eyes and just listen... almost like if you were dancing slowly. You think you can do that?”

Lemon scrunch her nose not really understanding it all but there was something that had her even more worried than anything “But if I close my eyes I won’t be able to see where I am going”

“That is true, but I will be guiding you along with the music, so you don't have to think through it too much” he said setting the MP3 player down to let it auto play and go help Lemon up once again.

Being the little scared child she was, Lemon doubted her ability to do what her cousin was telling her, but she tried nevertheless. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and just let herself go. Before she could realize it, she was skating around. Of course with the help of Bright Beat, but she was doing it.

“I did it! I’m skating cousin!” She said full of glee and happiness as she hold on tight and giggle.

“Of course you did Lemon! You are a natural at this!” He told her as they went down the street and back “Always remember. Let the music guide you” He reminded her, to which little Lemon nodded, and took that sentence quite literally.


“And so, he would come every saturday to my house and lend me his MP3 so I could practice. Eventually I did not need his help anymore and I was skating on my own. He would sometimes come skate with me. Four months later, he gifted me his MP3 so I could practice at any point… from that point forward, I’ve been listening to music and letting it guide me with pretty much everything” She said shuffling through the playlist and stopped at a particular song. “Move your Feet” By Junior Senior

“To this day I love this song. It was the one that started it all really… I don’t know where I would be right now if my cousin hadn’t helped me that day, or if I had given up on skating after he left” She said a tad sad with that last sentence. What did she mean ‘when he left’? You were a bit afraid to ask, so you thought it was best not to ask. Maybe later, when she trusts you a little further, but for now, this was more than enough.

“That was a really sweet and cute story. Thank you for telling it to me... I would love to hear more about you in the future” You said with a smile.

“Maybe I will tell you more... and I should be the one thanking you” She said with a small blush and looked away.

“Me? Why are you thanking me?”

“For listening” She said giving you a friendly punch on the shoulder and hit play on the player. She gave you no time to answer before she began singing the lyrics of the song. You joined her in a little chorus, and for the rest of the trip, both of you sing in unison to the lyrics of the songs she played.

Author's Note:

And done. I might come back and give more little "flash backs" from Lemon, Anon or even the Shadow 5 if you guys liked it. Maybe I will even toy around with Twilight a little, who knows. It's all up to you guys, what do you think I should do?

More Flashbacks? Focus on the main story? A little bit of both?

Let me know in the comments, I read and try to reply to all of them!

Shadow out