• Published 1st Sep 2016
  • 3,388 Views, 279 Comments

Pound and Pumpkin Cake's Adventures (And Misadventures) In Potty Training - SuperPinkBrony12



Pound and Pumpkin Cake's parents decide the twins are finally old enough to begin potty training. This is a collection of the various comedic escapades that the twins got up to as a result. Rated Teen as a precaution, but should be mostly G/PG.

  • ...
16
 279
 3,388

PreviousChapters Next
Oh Deer!, Part 2

Starlight was most frantic, as she observed the two foals turned deer that were looking back at her. Their fur coats had grown much more bushy, and Pound now had two tiny stubs for antlers.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake could hardly believe their eyes, yet they knew that what they were seeing was real.

"Okay, slight problem," Starlight said to herself, though knowing fully well that the Cakes could overhear her. "Well, the good news is: the twins are unharmed. The bad news is: I have no idea how to change them back to normal."

"What?!" Mrs. Cake gasped, as Mr. Cake fainted. "What do you mean you have no idea how to change them back to normal?! It was your magic that did all of this!"

Starlight suddenly found herself feeling like a bug under a microscope, as she stared down Mrs. Cake's harsh glare. "Yes, but I have no idea what spell was cast. And unfortunately, I don't have any books on hoof to help me figure out."

"Just great, my babies have been turned into deer, and there's nothing anypony can do to change them back!" Mrs. Cake complained. "They're going be the laughing stock of Ponyville!"

"Well, not quite. There may still be one way I can fix all of this." Starlight nervously told Mrs. Cake.

"How so? It better not come with the risk of harming my babies!" Mrs. Cake warned Starlight.

"They won't have to be harmed, I promise you," Starlight replied, and tried to explain. "I'll just go back to the castle and tell Spike what happened. Hopefully, he can help me find the necessary spell to put everything back to normal, and without Twilight having to know about any of this. Because if she finds out, she's sure to tell Pinkie Pie."

"Geez, Starlight, it's like you don't have any faith in your teacher," a familiar snarky voice commented. "Haven't you learned by now that you've got to be open with Twilight about your mistakes? It doesn't exactly make you look good when you try to keep stuff like this hidden from her."

Starlight spun around, surprised to see a familiar baby dragon standing in the doorway of Sugarcube Corner. "Spike?! What are you doing here?!" she asked him.

"I was just on my way back to the castle after stopping at Rarity's to pick up something she made for Flurry Heart," Spike explained. "Now what's this all about?"

Knowing that there was no way she could hide the truth from him, Starlight reluctantly told Spike what had transpired just a short time ago, taking great care to explain how it had been a freak accident.

"Whoa, I knew your magic was powerful but I didn't think it was THAT powerful!" Spike commented.

"Please, Spike, you're my only hope!" Starlight pleaded. "You've got to help me find a way to turn the twins back to normal a.s.a.p! If Pinkie finds out about this, she'll kill me!"

Spike was going to tell Starlight how absurd that idea was, but then he remembered his own experiences with Pinkie when she had ended up going off the deep end. Sure, it had only been once, but once was enough for him. "Well, I've got to deliver this onesie to Flurry Heart, but then I'll see if I can find something that will help you out," he told Starlight. "And, I am going to have to tell Twilight about this. A magical mishap like this, even if it was unintentional, can't be kept secret."

Starlight sighed, but she knew she had no alternatives. Spike was her best and only option. "Alright, just please let Twilight know that she can lecture me all she wants once this whole mess is sorted out." Starlight pleaded.

Spike sniffed the air. "Speaking of messes, I think there's one that needs to tending to right now."

Starlight gulped, as she saw that both Pound and Pumpkin Cake needed to be changed. "Well, I can change Pound Cake. But without my magic it's probably best if you change Pumpkin Cake," she suggested. "That way, any stray magical surges hopefully won't affect you."

"Deal, but you owe me big time for this." Spike growled, as he and Starlight reluctantly prepared themselves for the changing process.


Now, Starlight had changed the twins diapers before, but she'd always had the convience of her magic to help her out. Changing a diaper with hooves proved to a lot more difficult, in more ways than one. "I don't know if this is just because I turned you and your sister into deer, but by Celestia that smell is horrid!" Starlight remarked, as she opened Pound's diaper, prompting Pound to laugh.

While Starlight slowly (and very reluctantly) cleaned Pound, Spike was working his own brand of magic with Pumpkin, keeping her occupied with occasional displays of his fire breath. Spike was also fortunate that, ever since that incident with Twilight and the skunks, he'd made it a habit to keep a clothespin on hand in case he ever needed it. "Wow, and I thought Flurry Heart smelled bad with a full diaper." Spike remarked, as he undid Pumpkin's pull-up.

As her diaper was changed, Pumpkin found herself becoming fascinated with Spike, to the point where she actually started to develop a crush on him. "He sure is handsome," she thought to herself. "I just don't see why he's a baby dragon. He doesn't look like a baby to me."

The changing process took longer than either Starlight or Spike would've liked, but at last the twins were clean and smelling nicely again. Both Starlight and Spike breathed a much needed sigh of relief, as they took in the fresh air, while they placed the twin toddlers turned deer back in their playpen.

"Alright, now to get this onesie to Flurry Heart before Twilight starts wondering where I've been," Spike said to Starlight, scooping up the package he'd brought with him. "And next time, say it, don't spray it!" And then the baby dragon departed Sugarcube Corner.

"Miss. Stawwight made a funny face when she changed my diapee." Pound chuckled to his sister, as he admired his deer-like self. The antler stubs in particular felt nice and made him feel more like his sister.

"Yeah, and so did Spike," Pumpkin observed, sighing happily. "I miss him alweady, I hope he comes back soon so I can give him a peck on the cheek."

"Ah, dun teww me you in wove with him?" Pound teased.

"I am, it was wike wove at fwist sight." Pumpkin admitted in a dreamy tone of voice.

Pound laughed. "I hate to bweak to ya, sis, but Spike alweady has feewings fow somepony ewse."

"What?! Who?!" Pumpkin demanded.

"A fwiend of big sistew Pinkie Pie, I bewieve hew name is Wawity." Pound replied.

"Bu, bu, bu Wawity is too owd fow Spike!" Pumpkin protested. "He's supposed to wove me!"

"Sowwy, bu it seems wike he's alweady taken," Pound teased. "Besides, ya too young to wowwy about mushy stuff wike wove."

"Oh, and is that why I saw you making googwy eyes at Fuwwy Heawt?" Pumpkin teased in reply, prompting her brother to blush.

"Is just a cwush, it dun mean anyting. Besides, she ain't even out of diapees yet." Pound replied, his blush only deepening.

"So, if is okay fow you to have a cwush on Fuwwy Heawt, is okay fow me to have a cwush on Spike." Pumpkin told her brother, and said nothing more on the subject.


Upon returning to the castle, Spike explained everything to Twilight about what had happened with Starlight and the twins. And with Twilight's help, it didn't take to find the necessary spell to turn them back into adorable little foals.

"There we go, they should be just fine," Twilight assured The Cakes, as she blew the smoke away from her horn. "Let me know if there are any complications. There shouldn't be, but with complicated stuff like this you just never know."

"Thank you, Princess," Mrs. Cake bowed. "Once again, you're a life saver."

"What do we owe you?" Mr. Cake added.

"Nothing, this was a simple mishap that could've happened to anypony. Besides, I'm not in the habit of seeking compensation just for helping ponies in need." Twilight replied.

Starlight looked down at the ground, still too ashamed of herself. It seemed like lately she'd been causing one disaster after another. First it was misreading a spell and turning Twilight into a kangaroo (why Twilight had covered for her, she had no idea), then it was staying up so late after changing Twilight back that she'd contracted horn flu, and now there was the whole deer incident caused by said horn flu. To say nothing of the combining of spells to solve multiple friendship problems at once that had caused her to nearly burn down Twilight's castle. "I know what you're gonna say to me, Twilight," she said, as teacher and student made their way home from Sugarcube Corner that night. "I'm not worthy to continue studying under you. Not only have I not been doing what you trusted me to do, but I've been constantly making mishaps that really shouldn't be happening."

"Starlight, there's no need to beat yourself up for what happened today," Twilight replied, putting a wing around her student. "Everypony makes mistakes, even me."

But Starlight shook her head. "But not as often as I've been making them. And I know what others think of me, even if they're not saying it. I think it's best for everypony if I just wasn't around anymore."

"Nopony's saying that, Starlight," Twilight told Starlight, adopting the most gentle tone she could manage. "But perhaps the pressure's getting to you. I guess for right now it's best if you just stay in the Crystal Empire with Sunburst, and take some time off from your studies."

Starlight tried not to cry, as she nodded in agreement. "I think that's best for all of us. At least Sunburst will be glad to see me."

"There's no need to get upset, Starlight," Twilight replied. "You're still learning, and part of learning involves making mistakes. Just take some time to rest and relax, and then when you're ready, you can come back and resume your studies."

Author's Note:

A continuation of an idea from BubblePuff, as well as tossing out an idea that OmniFox suggested.

I also decided to add that Starlight bit at the end, since I probably won't be using her again anytime soon (and from the looks of things neither will the show).

PreviousChapters Next