• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 4,086 Views, 129 Comments

All Apologies - Gpizano



On the way to Manehattan for a gig, Sunset Shimmer and the Pony Breakers find themselves swept up in the dangerous going ons surrounding the Friendship Games.

  • ...
15
 129
 4,086

Find My Nest Of Salt

It would be a good five minutes before Pinkie Pie was slowly brought back to the conscious world. The lights were so bright when she opened her eyes that she immediately had to shut them again as her head slowly throbbed. This wasn't fun at all. Fun was balloons, loud music, cupcakes, her homemade blend of fruit punch, bath time with Gummy... really a lot of things sounded a lot more fun to be doing right now. And she'd be doing them if she didn't feel so tired. She needed one hundred CCs of sugar, stat!

"Mmm... frosting... straight into... my vein..."

"Pinkie? Pinkie Pie, you awake?"

Wait, was she still dreaming? Because that sounded like-

"Pinkie Pie, are you okay? Do you need me to get Nurse Redheart? She stepped out for a second-"

Immediately her eyes snapped open, fighting against the bright light and blurry shapes until everything finally came into focus and above her she saw a certain red head she hadn't seen in three months. The fatigue was blown away by a sudden rush of happy energy as Pinkie Pie seemed to launch herself off the bed and wrap her arms around Sunset Shimmer's neck, sweeping her up in a big, overwhelming hug chock full of emotion. As happy as she felt to see her, she also felt sadness and guilt, feelings she had been wrestling with the past three months knowing she had helped to chase Sunset Shimmer away and knowing she would probably never see her again. But here she was! And tears of happiness but also sadness burst forth from the party girl. What was the word for that? Hadness? Sadiness? Whatever! She's put a pin on it and make a new word later because Sunset Shimmer was here!

"OH MY GOD! SUNSET! I thought I'd never see you again and I'm so sorry for not believing you and chasing you out of town I've been wanting to apologize to you for forever and I'm so happy you're heeeeeere!"

"P-Pinkie-! Hug... too tight!"

While she had seen this coming, when it came to Pinkie Pie she was still forever woefully unprepared for the sheer force of the girl's boundless energy and bone crushing hugs! Not to mention she still wasn't comfortable around Pinkie Pie considering how their friendship had ended and now that the girl seemed fine, the uneasiness reared it's head and Sunset wanted her space back. Thankfully, the pink haired partier had relinquished her grip, sitting back on the bed and doing a very good impression of a kicked puppy.

"Sorry Sunset... I'm... I'm sorry for everything. We all are. When we found out it was Applebloom and her friends we all felt really, really, reaaalllyyy bad. I made you like, sooooo many apology cakes but I didn't know your address so I just had a lot of cakes around the house. I can make you a new one if you like?"

"... no Pinkie, it's fine."

Despite how childish Pinkie Pie could be, there was just something to how earnest she was that conjured a small smile on Sunset's face. However whatever good feelings were starting to grow were trodden and the earth salted as the door opened, a furious looking Chrysalis slamming it behind her before she approached the bed, Pinkie Pie curling up into a ball and looking ready to try and shrink down to be as small as possible under the woman's withering gaze. Even Sunset Shimmer felt her stomach drop when that stare was turned to her, her body stiffening as every part of her body screamed at her to run.

"... Sunset Shimmer. I remember your file when I studied the Anon-A-Miss incident. Get out."

After sparing a glance to Pinkie Pie, unsure if she should leave since the terrified girl looked close to tears, another more sharp order from Chrysalis sent her scurrying out of the nurse's office. When the door was closed, she released the breath she had been holding as her body finally went slack. Actually meeting Chrysalis in person compared to just hearing stories... it was very intense!

"So you really are back..."

Really? This reminded her of that one comic that Poppy liked, she just kept running into ex after ex! ... friends.

When Sunset Shimmer looked to her right, she saw Rainbow Dash standing there, stoic but by the fidgeting of her body language and the look in her eyes, she was barely keeping calm. Clearing her throat, the red head stood up straight, fiddling with the zipper of her black hoodie as she spoke.

"Just passing through with friends, checking in on things."

"Y-Yeah... 'Shy said you thought something weird was going on?"

"Yeah. Someone's messing around with magic, I'm looking into it."

"Right. Need any help?"

"... maybe. If you could keep an eye out that'd be fine."

"Gotcha'."

Then silence settled in, Sunset not sure what else to say and Rainbow Dash trying to gather her thoughts to say what she needed to say. However, just as she opened her mouth, the door to the nurse's office opened, Chrysalis stepping out and seeming much more calmer than before. She shot Sunset Shimmer a look of disdain before smirking to Rainbow Dash.

"Ready for the Friendship Games, Miss Dash?"

"Yes, Principal Chrysalis."

"Good. After all, it would be unfortunate if I felt you weren't pulling your wait and ensuring CHS's victory."

"... yes, Principal Chrysalis."

Once Principal Chrysalis had gone on her way, Pinkie Pie emerged from the nurse's office, eyes red and hair completely straight. Between her and the subdued Rainbow Dash, the two looked like a pair of whipped dogs. Then Sunset Shimmer thought back to last night when Treehugger told her about Fluttershy's run in with Chrysalis.

"Rainbow Dash... Pinkie Pie... what did she do to you two?"

Both girls looked uncomfortable at first, Pinkie Pie turning her gaze to the ground and not saying anything. But Rainbow Dash seemed to be burning holes into one of the lockers, her fists clenched so tight there was a concern that her nails would dig in and draw blood.

"... I don't know how, but somehow she knows about what happened to Marble."

Sunset felt her heart stop for a moment. After they had become friends and they had been open with each other, Sunset had been told about 'Pinkamina'. While Pinkamina was part of Pinkie Pie's full and proper name, it also represented the state of mind the girl could slip into whenever she was feeling very depressed... or very angry. There had been one very bad Pinkamina episode that involved Marble and had effected Limestone, it was why Pinkie Pie now lived with her sister Maud.

"How..."

"Sunset, after Anon-A-Miss it's safe to say secrets get out, in one way or another. And now Chrysalis is holding it over Pinkie's head, suggesting that she could tell someone and get Pinkie committed or something unless she stays in line and plays in the Friendship Games."

"... what about you, Dash?"

Taking a deep breath, Rainbow Dash stuffed her hands into the pockets of her shorts before continuing.

"She... she said that my coaches could change their minds about letting me be captain. Especially if something were to happen to my grades. She's basically fucking with my future if I don't stay in line and win these stupid Friendship Games for her!"

"But Dash, you're a star athlete! You can still pull good grades-"

"Sunset, she leans on the teachers and she's got them under her thumb too! It wouldn't be a stretch if my grades suddenly slipped, you know how much I have to struggle to get them just to passing! My only chance is to get picked up for being a star athlete and she'll ruin that if I don't do what she says! And... and she insinuated something bad might happen to Scootaloo."

"What?"

"I... I don't know what, but she said something like 'my future and Scootaloo's future are in my hands now'. I don't know what she'd do but it scared the hell out of me, okay? I know what Scootaloo did to you and how she lied and betrayed me but... but I don't want anything bad to happen to the kid."

This entire situation was making Sunset feel sick to her stomach. In a couple short months, her friends had changed, all thanks to one woman's tyrannical rule! It was almost insane how much damage had been done!

"I... I gotta' go."

Pushing past them, Sunset was set to take off to clear her mind when Rainbow Dash spoke up one last time.

"Sunset! I... I know it doesn't fix anything but I want you to know that I'm sorry. I should have stuck by you instead of tossing you aside. It was the biggest mistake of my life..."

"... okay."

What else could she say? Right now her mind was in a tailspin with everything that had happened today and she needed a moment! But before she left, something came to mind at the last second.

"Pinkie Pie... what made you pass out in the auditorium?"

"U-Um... I set off my party cannons... and I was feeling good, like how we used to be when we ponied up. But then it was like it was all just... sucked out of me all of a sudden."

"... right. Both of you, keep an eye out for someone suspicious."

As she headed down the hallway, Sunset Shimmer made a hard turn for the stairs and headed up to the library, pulling out her phone and sending a group text.


When Tino, Poppy and Sandy had finally made it to the school, they had prepared themselves for whatever may come their way.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! I'm sorry! B-But I didn't make you fall on me!"

"No excuses! You are not a student, you are not a teacher, you have no reason to be on this campus, now leave!"

Well, except for seeing some angry woman twisting Bobby's ear and leading him out through the front doors. Of course while Poppy and Sandy looked confused, Tino obviously found it hilarious from the way he was laughing. Principal Cinch easily spotted them and scowled, a cutting look making the blonde quiet down. Before she could say anything however, four phones rang in unison and their owners answered, reading over the same text, exchanged looks among themselves before Poppy approached Abacus Cinch.

"Sorry ma'am, but we'll need you to release Bobby, we got stuff we need to do."

"And what sort of "stuff" are you referring to? It had better be off campus."

"Afraid not, we need to help out a friend-"

"Absolutely not!"

Just before Poppy and Cinch could get into it though, Bobby managed to pull his ear free and stand up straight, interjecting as he rubbed his poor ear.

"Miss Cinch, please. I'm sorry if I came on too strong before but this is an emergency. Something is going on at the school right now and our friend needs help to make sure nothing bad happens. Please, I know that you are as compassionate as you are stunningly beautiful. Let us stick around and don't try calling the cops?"

Taking a shot, he took one of Cinch's hand in both of hers, the most sincerest, puppy dog look he could muster on his face as the muscular college student pleaded with her. There was a moment where it seemed it was working, a moment where he could see the slightest hint of a blush on her face and where his words got to her.

And then her free hand slapped him across the face, the sting on his cheek catching him off guard as he released her hand.

"Leave. NOW."

Whimpering softly and rubbing his cheek, Bobby watched as Abacus Cinch turned and headed back into the school, let inside by the school janitor. Tino would come up to him and give a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

"Ouch, that's rough man."

"I just don't know what I'm doing wrong..."

"Look, it doesn't matter. We got to worry about getting inside, if Sunset's right then someone involved with the Friendship Games is messing with magic."

Before they could stew and worry about how they would get into the school, they noticed the janitor waving them over and then received yet another text from Sunset telling them that the janitor would be able to let them in. To which Tino looked over to the others and simply shrugged.

"Well? Let's get going!"


With the interruption of that crazy woman jumping on stage and the pink haired girl fainting, there was a bit of a delay in the games. Which was fine with Twilight since it would give her a chance to search around for more magic, she just wish she hadn't been the one responsible for that girl passing out.

At the moment it seemed like there were magic sources of varying strengths all over the place and Twilight wandered around so much that she found herself in some dead end hallway with a light that seemed to be flickering. Weird since no other lights in the school flickered, this place seemed as well maintained as Crystal Prep. Yet much bleaker with the bars and added security measures.

"Twilight Sparkle, I presume?"

The bespectacled girl jumped, stuffing her pendant down her shirt before turning around.

"P-Principal Chrysalis! Sorry! I-I seem to have gotten a little lost!"

"I see. Well, perhaps I could point you in the right direction. Right after we have a little talk..."

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

I hope I'm not making Chrysalis seem like, too OP as she gets all this blackmail but I'm trying to make these scenarios plausible so that she can go for maximum evil. I mean, she does know Super Intendent Tirek and I'm sure he has a lot of connections. Plus she may know a LOT of people from her past that owe her *coughs*blackmailed*cough*.

Either way, hope you enjoy as the PLOT THICKENS.

STAY TUNED!