• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 5,410 Views, 47 Comments

Eternal Knight - Metroid Prime



A being straight out of a legend is proven to be all too real when it shows up at Canterlot Castle, and it's not here to make friends.

  • ...
9
 47
 5,410

Chapter 9: Goliath's Return

Celestia was now having second thoughts about teleporting the army away.

The towering giant before them, from what she could estimate was somewhere around two miles high. Its head could be placed to Canterlot and every pony could get a good view of it.

Its colors were a mixture of primary brown and secondary tan, glowing green lines of light ran though its body and all met at a glowing yellow ring like symbol on its chest.

The giant stared into the distance for a moment, before it looked down upon the five goddess. Said goddesses started charging their attacks.

"Girls," Amaterasu began "Whatever you do, do not-"

The Goliath then ignored the five as the glowing lines on its body began to shine and hum with energy. It looked to the sky as space and time began to bend and split open, creating a portal. The hole itself was a swirling vortex of purple, pink, orange, and violet. Its size and power looked like it was meant to take something big, somewhere far far away.

While the goddesses were stunned for a moment due to the portals sudden appearance, Celestia squinted her eyes as she noticed something that was on the other side. It was a blue and green planet similar to Equis, although she couldn't tell its size, she did notice that it had two moons orbiting it.

Then before the goddesses could react, the giant started to shimmer with light and began to levitate. Then one second later, its shot through the portal in a beam of light. The portal then shortly closed behind it followed by a low thunder, and all was quite.

"Well, that happened." Mahou said.

"Wait, look over there!"

Celestia then gazed to where Bellona was pointing, a lone humanoid figure in the distance.

"Wait, is that?"

A quick teleport confirmed her suspicions.

The Black Knight stood there silently, its helmet forever concealing its face, but the shadowy aura around was gone. Aside from that she noticed something else, blue particles were being blown away from its person, like dust in the wind.

It didn't take a genius to realize that he was disappearing from this world, going back to whatever spiritual plane he came from.

The two stared at each other, never speaking, not even the other goddesses joined them.

Celestia could not take the silence anymore, she had to ask.

"Why?"

It uttered no response, only continued to stare as now more than %50 of its body had vanished.

But finally before it fade away for good she heard it wispier one last word.

"Sorry."

And then the Black Knight was gone.


Canterlot Castle

"Okay, so can someone explain to me what just happened out there?"

Sunset was understandable peeved that she didn't get to join her mom and the others in the battle, but considering what happened Celestia was thankful she hadn't. But the least they could do was tell her just what transpired.

"Well Sunset, we don't really know where to begin so your gonna have to be more specific." Amaterasu said.

"Oh, well then, what was that giant that came out of the ground? How did a two mile tall being stay under our radar for so long?"

"Well dear Sunset, that thing you just saw was called a Goliath. It is apparently a giant being that housed human colonists within its body that were brought from another world."

Sunset was surprised as this.

"Wow, you mean like a giant walking carrier?"

"In a sense."

"I see, wait "a Goliath!?" You mean there's more than one!?"

"Mooving on! It had came to Equestria long before you mother and aunt did. My brother was there when they first came and along with the humans, that Goliath had brought with it a strange group of elemental creatures."

"Elemental creatures?"

"Yes, although I forgot the name. What was it again? Something monster?"

"Anyway moving on, why were you all going to attack it? I mean you brought the whole army with ya."

"Well from what my brother told me these humans were on a conquest or colonizing campaign that was spanning many worlds. But some were uneasy about our planet, not only was it already inhabited, but our world at the time was not very inviting."

"Yeah, I don't see it being inviting at any time."

"But when he heard rumors about how some of the humans planned to appeal to their Goliath to take this world for themselves, my brother became more worried and suspicious of these humans. But what really alarmed him was the god killing metal that had brought with them."

"Eternium."

"It turns out that the Goliath's entire skeletal structure was comprised of the stuff, if given the chance, that thing could systematically destroy us all if given the chance. Well most of us anyway."

"So that whole thing about the gods attacking a giant like mom said..."

"It was really an ultimatum to get the humans to leave, they had even temporally allied themselves with Queen Majesty to help get the job done."

"Wow, to think the gods would be so desperate they would fight along side that monster."

"Ultimately the humans and their creatures disappeared, whether they scattered or were exterminated, no one clearly remembers. The Goliath as we now know hid itself underground and stayed there until it rose again today. I feared it would seek revenge, so that's why we went there with such a large force."

"But it really just wanted to leave."

"It appears so."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Everyone in the room turned their eyes to Bellona, who had a skeptical look on her face.

"Bellona?" Celestia said.

"Ask yourself this, if you were an invading force, would you fight till the last solider? Or call in reinforcements?"

"Wait, you're not saying that-"

"I'm just putting it out there Princess. There is a whole world of those humans out there, not to mention how many of those Goliaths. Even though a millennia has passed, some people never let things go. So what I'm saying is, did it leave cause it didn't want to fight? Or just to call in the main force?"

The room was silent, everyone was more or less split on this theory. Humans were already a problem when it came to Romans, the humans of Equestria being an exception.

That being said, other than this brief encounter, what kind of planet did those other humans come from? Where they benevolent and peaceful? Or just as greedy and dangerous as the ones they knew.

For the rest of the day, Celestia would be thinking about the world she saw through that portal.


It had been three days since the Goliath rose from the underneath Equestria and departed for its home. Celestia had held a press conference where she explained the whole thing to the population so that no one would worry or be confused. While this had calmed down some ponies, other theorized that the giant was simply going to get reinforcements before its world's armies would return to conquer Equis. But eventually the drama died down and Equestria once again resumed its normal status quo of peace, happiness and occasional violence.

However telling everyone what happened came as a double edge sword. Once word of what happened started reaching the other nations, it was a mixed reaction to say the least. Troodon nearly went into a state of panic at the news of a world full of humans, Rome was rumored to be sending investigators and spies to Equestria to find our as much as they can about this planet called Earth, the Deer were claiming to be receiving prophetic visons about the second coming of this other world and what it would mean for the future of Equis.



Canterlot Castle, 1 Week Later

Fervent once again sat across from Chief as Princess Celestia dismissed another nobles request.

"Understand, I will not simply tear down the orphanage just to build another one of your hotels. You will just have to go somewhere else to expand your business."

The noble grumbled something underneath his breath, but turned around and left the throne room.

Fervent was half tempted to get off from his chair and "ask" just what he was murmuring, but found the willpower to keeping self restrained. This was surprising to him given what had transpired.

After he learned that that Black Knight had survived and had now less got away Scott free. Fervent was understandably upset that it had escaped justice. But that thing was worlds away now, and he would probably never see it again.

"Although if it does show its face around here again, I will have my satisfaction."

"Alright then, I suppose that's it for today, thank you Fervent, Chief, you may go home now."

"Alright see ya!" Chief hopped off his chair and walked to the door. But before he could open it, there was a knock.

Chief opened the door, but was not expecting the person on the other side.

"Princess Celestia."

"Anrain? To what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

"That is something I should both show and tell you."

Fervent got back in seat as the deer walked in, whenever he showed up, things usually came after.

"Like Nightmare Moon returning."

"Very well, what do you have to show us?"

Anrain rolled in a board, which had drawings of various figures that no one recognized.

"Along with these images I saw in a vison they were accompanied by a prophecy."

1 Minute later.

All three ponies were scratching their chins once Anrain was done explaining what he saw, this was news indeed.

"Anrain, how much of this vision do you think will come to pass?"

"Well Princess, with that giant that came out of the ground I'd say some of it has already come to pass."

"Even so, what do you make off all this?"

"I believe Princess what this means is, whatever world that Goliath and those humans came from, we defiantly have not seen the last of it."

Celestia looked to the board again, on it were drawings of: the Black Knight standing over her in the vault room, a city that looked like Couldsdale burning, Chaos Cultists looking over the village of Shion, a black and green titan standing alongside a lion with a sun motif and a bat with a moon motif, two humans, and the ground cracking and crumbling as the Goliath rose out of the ground. All the while repeating the prophecy Anrain had told them in her head.

"A sunrise dark shall cast fall upon the kingdom, and time will rust. While the planet turns from gold to gray, and gray to black. And he shall stand alone while not alone. A dark star, unstopped and unstoppable. The sun herself shall scream, the child of the creator shall rise, his gaze revealing the legacy of her Majesty the Queen. Order shall take form and call its power. And once Vale stands above the rest, will Equestria know fear."


A lone figure in a cloak overlooked Equestria from a hilltop, his aura of mystery was one that seem to permeate his very being.

"Master, is there something wrong?"

The cloaked figure didn't even turn to look at Gawain but still spoke.

"I was just making sure that these Equestrians wouldn't try anything."

Gilgamesh manifested next to the them and gave his usual arrogant laugh.

"Fuhahahaha, trust me Master, these mongrels would not have the time to try and invade our world unless the planet teleported to right next to it."

Gawain gave the archer a look.

"And what are the odds of that happening?"

Seeing as those two were about to banter again, the figure turned around and held up his hand.

"We are done here. Gawain, Gilgamesh, our contract is fulfilled, you may leave now."

A mark on the back of his hand glowed and part of it disappeared, and with it the two servants vanished from the world.

The figure then waved his hand as a portal appeared, and then he disappeared into it.