• ...
6
 7
 964

my name is Woodwind

Two weeks passed. The ponies were all going about their business. Rarity was making her outfits, Rainbow Dash was practicing some sweet new moves to impress the Wonderbolts, Twilight was studying, Applejack was bucking apples at the farm, and Pinkie Pie was being Pinkie Pie.
But Fluttershy was too distracted by what happened at the hospital to focus properly on her day to day routines. She was tending her garden in the back but worrying about all that had gone on.
"Oh why did he have to seek me out to give him a helping hoof. I'm no security blanket. I'm the opposite of that. I just don't know how i'm supposed to help him."
She looked up as she heard Rainbow Dash calling out her name as she flew above the house. "Fluttershy! The doctors say he's ok to go out now. You ready to take him too Cloudsdale?"
Fluttershy looked scared. "Oh i guess so."
They flew towards the hospital.
"Hey Fluttershy, you ok? You look a little more nervous than you normally do." Rainbow said with a smirk.
She looked away. She didn't know what to say. "Oh it's just... I don't know. I mean, I want to help him, but if i'm the only pony he remembers... i just don't know."
Rainbow took this time to try and reassure her timid friend. "Relax Fluttershy. Your the only pony on his mind. You should feel happy someponies thinking of you that much." Rainbow said nudging Fluttershy a little which threw her flight pattern a little off kilter.
"But who do you think he is?" Fluttershy asked, "I mean, what if nopony in Cloudsdale recognizes him?"
Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, "Well thats what we're going to find out."
They reached the hospital. There were doctors outside with the mysterious colt, waiting for them.
The colt looked happy to see them, or maybe just Fluttershy.
He also seemed a little flustered as nurses stood by him with angry eyes.
"Well, i hope you can handle him." one of the nurses said. "He's been pretty problematic the entire time."
Rainbow Dash smiled. "Oh, he won't give us any problems, right?" She looked him dead in the eyes to let him know she was serious. He recoiled, then looked past her at fluttershy.
Thats the only pony he could recognize. She was the only connection to find out who he is. he knew it.
But he knew he had to be on his best behavior for them, so they wouldn't get mad. "Um.. I wont be a problem." He said shyly at the rainbow pony.
Whoever she was, she wasn't gonna let him get out of line.
"Now come on," said the rainbow one. "We're going to Cloudsdale."
he looked behind him at his wings. How was he going to make them work if he didn't remember how to use them?
He tried with all his might to flap them, But nothing happened. He kept flapping and flapping but nothing. Sweat started to bead off his forehead and he slumped down to catch his breath.
"Oh, come on! You don't even remember how to fly?" Rainbow Dash said with frustration.
He looked down at the ground. a tear rolled down his face and he slammed his hoof into the ground in frustration.
Fluttershy flew over to him. "It's ok. We'll bring you to town first, ok?"
The Colt looked at her and smiled. "Who are you?" He asked with a small amount of strain in his voice. It seemed he just barely remembered how to talk.
Fluttershy smiled. "Um, I'm Fluttershy and i'm glad you're ok.."
He smiled back. but still looked nervous. "So where are we going then?"
Rainbow Dash still looked frustrated. "We're headed into town. I guess we're going to see if anything their jogs your memory. If not this'll be a huge wast of time."
Fluttershy seemed a little distraught by Rainbow's attitude towards the pore colt. after all, it wasn't his fault he couldn't remember anything. They left the hospital and continued into town with the mystery colt trudging behind.

They made it to the market place. It was crowded with ponies and it seemed to make the colt nervous. They continued on until they saw AppleJack with her stand set up.
"Well, howdy there Rainbow, Fluttershy! Ya'll want a nice tasty apple? On me, of course." She said tossing them each an apple. She then noticed the colt bringing up the rear. "It sure is nice ta' see ya' again. You gave us all a scare when you fell from tha sky like that." She smiled at him and placed an apple on the counter of her stand and gestured him to take it.
"Care for one? They're tha most delicious in all Equestria, ah assure you."
He was a little hesitant, but he saw that everypony else was enjoying them, so why not him? He took a bite. It was so delicious!
"Names AppleJacke, by tha way?" She said with a smile. "Now we just need ta figure out who you are, I reckon."
But he seemed out of it. he wasn't paying attention, he was just staring at the apple intently.

Everything went black. He was lost to the world as he fell into the void in his mind. The memory appeared. He was in a big room. There was a basket sitting on the desk in front of him full of apples. He heard himself munching on one as phones rang and the sound of voices filling the air all around him. One called to him shouting a name. "Woodwind".
The vague memory faded and he was snapped back to reality.
Rainbow Dash was pretty much in his face at this point. "Hello! Anypony home in their?" She asked as she waved a hoof in front of his face to snap him out of it.
"Woodwind" he said suddenly taking the other ponies aback.
AppleJack stared at him in confusion. "Um, what are yew talkin' about?"
He looked up from the apple at them all. "M-my name. My name is Woodwind..."