• Published 12th Aug 2016
  • 2,984 Views, 42 Comments

Rainbows and music - Flat spin



Wonderbolts have an upcoming show in ponyville. But the Streak twins have something else planned for Soarin. at the same time Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash want to have a girls night out. Will the groups meet? and what about the show?

  • ...
10
 42
 2,984

Chapter 4 Lesson on confidence

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and music
By: flat spin


Soarin and the Streak twins were outside of Vinyl’s club and Soarin opened the door. As he did that a black Pegasus stallion ran into him.

“Watch it jackass!” the dark stallion said to Soarin while angrily glaring at him.

“I’m sorry… no need to get angry at me dude.”

“whatever” He said and walked off.

“Some ponies have no respect.” Fire said while looking at the dark pony who was walking away from them

“Yeah I guess he got some problems of he’s own.” Lighting added to he’s brother

“Well come on let’s get in before the clock hits midnight.” Soarin said while walking in.

Three of the headed towards the bar and sat down at the end of it so the twins could see the dance floor and the tables around it.

“See anything interesting brother.”

“that would be negative brother.”

“You two looking for mares already? You aren’t even drunk yet.” Soarin said while smiling at the two of them.

“Yes that’s a good point dear Soarin… THREE TROTKA SHOTS!” Fire yelled at the bartender.

“Here you go” He said while pouring them their shots.

“Fire didn’t you listen when I said that no drinking tonight?” Soarin said.

“I did hear you but we’re doing this. Come on Soarin relax it’s only a small shot.”

“Fine… but don’t get too drunk we have practice in the moarning.”

“Yes father” Fire mockingly said as he and Lighting downed their drinks.

“Bottoms up Commander Soarin” Lightning said as Soarin joined them and downed he’s drink.


“ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh” Rainbow went into her fan girl mode.

“Well looks like they came here for some drinks before hitting the sheets” Rarity said while looking over at them.

“Ohmygosh it’s the Streak twins and… and Soarin!” Rainbow all the sudden turned red and started panicing.

“This is your chance Dash.”

“I Can’t ask him here Rarity”

“Why not go up to him”

“What should I say?”


Soarin put the small glass down and looked at the Streaks.

“Seven a clock three bogeys.” Lightning said while smiling.

“Target spotted” Fire answered.

“What are you talking about?” Soarin asked confused.

“See that booth over there” Fire said while pointing at the booth were AJ, Rarity and most importantly Dash were sitting and talking.

“Oh god that's Dash.” Soarin said and blushed.

“This is your chance Soarin… Strike when the iron is hot.” Fire said trying give Soarin so confidence.

“I don’t know what to do. Should I go and talk to her or do something else?”

“Just watch Lighting.” Fire said and turned to Lightning. “I want the cute farmer.”

“So your leaving me with the most beautiful unicorn in here… oh what a tragedy.” Lightning said mockingly and started walking towards the three mares with a look of confidence in his face.


“Oh look Dash it’s gonna be fine just go and talk to him” Rarity tried assuring Dash.

“Um… girls you might wanna look” AJ said while looking at the approaching wonderbolt.

“Well I must say that you three really make it hard to focus on my wingmates over there.” Lightning said while smiling.

“Oh I hope that’s not an issue Mister…”

“Lightning Streak and your name is miss…”

“Rarity”

“I must say that your name is almost as beautiful as you are” With that line Lightning went from being a little flirty to being outrageously flirty
but Rarity didn’t look to care.

“Oh Lightning you make me blush.” Rarity said to him while blinking her eyes.

“Well I don’t know about you but I really fell like dancing… Do you?”

“Oh well when a handsome stallion like you are asking of course.” Rarity said to him and grabbed his hooves. but before they left for the dance floor she turned to dash and whispered to her “That’s how you do it” and off they went smiling to each other and blushing more or less.

“Well looks like she got what se wanted.” Applejack Said while looking at the two dancing at the dance floor.

“Yeah…” Rainbow Dash answer to her friend who was siting on the other side of the table.


“How did he do it?” Soarin asked Fire.

“Confidence. Soarin it’s now your turn. Go get her.” Fire said while trying to push Soarin towards the table.

“No please Fire I don’t know what to say or do. Don’t make me do this please.”

“Sorry Soarin but you getting the mare of your dreams today”

“Fire please” Soarin started to panic and tried to push back his way back to the bar but resitance was futile.

“Oh no your not getting away I need you and you need me.” Fire said to Soarin as he continued to push him towards the booth.

“What do you mean Fire?”

“You are getting your Rainbow Girl and I’m getting my Cowgirl”

“So your gonna help me?”

“Yeah of course just leave the talking to me and when I leave with her you need to score the rainbow.”

“And how am I supposed to do that?”

“Just be confident and say what you fell. Remember confidence is key.”

“Ok if you say so.” Soarin agreed to Fires plan and two of the walked the rest of the way.


“So... why don’t we just leave AJ?”

“Because you haven’t yet talked to him”

“But I said I’m gonna talk to him after the show.”

“Sorry Dash but you ain’t running now… especially when the the stallion of your dreams is walking towards you”

“WHAT!” Dash turned around and saw Soarin and Fire streak approach them.

“Hello ladies my name is fire streak and I think that you have already met my brother Lightning Streak.” Fire sadi with confidence and turned to Applejack.

“Yeah your bro is there with Rarity.” Applejack answered blushing a bit.

“Anyways this here is First commander Soarin” Fire said and kicked Soarin’s back leg “Hi” Soarin said while blushing and smiling.

“So… mind telling us why are you here?” Applejack asked and faced Fire.

“Well the idea was originally to go over some flight patterns and weather maps but I guess I got lost in your eyes while doing that.” Fire flirted to AJ with a confident smile and he’s face.

Applejack turned red and said. “Oh don’t be like that partner. I ain’t anything special just a small town farmer.”

“Yeah... you aren't special to most ponies but to me you are the most beautiful thing in the world” After saying that Fire lost some of his cool and his cheeks turned red. At the same time Soarin and Rainbow dash were looking at them.

“So you wanna go dance fly boy?” Applejack asked.

“With you of course.” And two of them left leaving Soarin and Dash into an awkward silence.

Ok Soarin just remember what fire said confidence is key.

Ok Dash just remember what Rarity told you Tell him what you feel

They both thought in their minds until Soarin ended the silence by saying.

“So… How have you been Dash”

“I’m good… how about you?”

“I’m fine... you know... been practicing for the show.”

“Yeah... I have heard you got some new tricks planned”

“Yeah Spitfire have been this show for months now.”

After that brief conversation the silence fell upon two of them again. Both of the could see the other blushing but neither of them knew what to say or do until Dash said

“So it’s kinda late I should get going”

“Oh… ok”

Dammit why can’t I just say it.” Dash thought to herself while walking away from the booth and Soarin

God dammit Soarin you did it again. the mare of your dreams is walking away and what are you doing… NOTHING.” Soarin thought to himself.
“No... not to again” He said quietly “I’m not gonna let her walk away without knowing how I feel.” He said a little louder and started walking towards the door Dash just left.
once he opened the door he could see her flying high away from him. He opened his wings and zoomed towards her yelling

“RAINBOW DASH WAIT!”

Author's Note:

Don't worry peeps next chapter will be full of fluff. it will be out before Friday (19.8)
There will be at least two more chapter to this story and then i will start writing the sequel that i talked about. but until the next time have a nice day:twilightblush: