• Published 12th Aug 2016
  • 2,984 Views, 42 Comments

Rainbows and music - Flat spin



Wonderbolts have an upcoming show in ponyville. But the Streak twins have something else planned for Soarin. at the same time Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash want to have a girls night out. Will the groups meet? and what about the show?

  • ...
10
 42
 2,984

Chapter 3 Bad memories can hurt

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and music
By: flat spin


The sun was about to set as the wonderbolts arrived at the hotel. It wasn’t a huge or grand like the hotels back in Chanterlot or Manehattan but it was cosy and it had a warm fell to it. The hotel was decorated like an old inn. The six wonderbolts came in and looked around right in front of them was a desk and behind it was a purple mare with a green mane. Left of the desk was a room that housed the hotel bar… but the bar looked like an old timey pub there was a fire place in the corner of the room and tables were here and there.

“Hello my name is Hazel Dreams how can I help?” the purple earth pony mare said cheerfully.

“I have a reservation here” Spitfire said while approaching the desk.

“What is your name” Hazel Dreams asked

“Spitfire”

Hazel Dreams looked at the list of reservations and said “Yes two rooms both have three beds. Here are your keys and the breakfast is served at sunrise the hotel pub is open until midnight and if there are any problems please tell I’m here to help”

“Thank you” Spitfire said and turned towards the other wonderbolts and said.

“you herd her breakfast at sunrise and then report immediately to me at the stadion for morning practise. Understood?”

“YES MA’AM!”

“You got the rest of the evening for yourself… Just don’t cause trouble. I don’t want to repeat the Fillydelphia episode again…” Spitfire said while looking angrily at the streak twins who were clearly uncomfortable when Spitfire brought up Fillydelphia.

“Well I’m off to have some dinner you girls wanna join me?” Fleetfoot asked surprise and Spitfire.

“of course we’ll join you” Surprise said and the three mares went out of the door leaving Soarin with the key to one of the rooms.

“Well let’s leave our stuff at the room and go out the club.” Lighting said while he grabbed the key from Soarin’s hooves and started walking towards the rooms.

“Come on Soarin let’s get moving” Fire said while following his brother.

They entered the room there was three beds and a window it wasn’t a big room but it was decorated just like the rest of the hotel which made it feel cosy and warm. There was a painting of Ponyville on the wall above the beds and the bathroom was located near the door which they came in.

“Well this is a nice room we got” Fire said While he jumped on the bed that was next to the window and claimed it to himself

“Yeah a lot better than last time we were here” Lightning said and jumped on the bed closest to the door and the bathroom leaving the middle bed to Soarin.

“Yeah now you two just got to make sure that you don’t destroy this room like the one in Filly.” Soarin said while he started to take his wonderbolt flight suit off.

“Hey that was an accident.” fire Tried to explain

“Yeah sure it was. I still can’t understand how you two managed to tear down the whole room in one night.” Soarin said while laughing

“Shut up and let’s get going. I don’t want to waste the whole night here.” Fire said and threw he’s flight suit to the bed.

After that the three wonderbolts left the room and started walking towards the centre of Ponyville passing Sugar cube corner where Rainbow dash, Rarity and Applejack were ten minutes ago and walking towards a large modern looking white and blue building


Music was blasting in the club the dance floor was full and the bartender was busy trying to serve everyone. Vinyl was on stage playing her latest tracks and everypony was enjoying their time there. Rainbow dash, Applejack and Rarity ware siting in a booth near the dance floor but it gave them some privacy so they could talk about their own things without any pony eavesdropping on them. Rarity was talking while sipping some martini between sentences. Applejack was listening to her talk while drinking on her cider. Meanwhile Rainbow Dash was focused on something else her thoughts wondered away from her friends and to a certain light blue stallion and a dance they shared. Slowly she started to daydream about what life could have been if she would have said something to him after that dance.

“Hey… Rainbow are you listening?” Rarity asked with a confused look on her face

“What of course… I’m just a bit tired I guess.” Dash said to her friends. “I’m gonna go and get some more Orange juice. Be right back.” She left the table and started walking towards the bar until she heard a familiar voice.

“Dashie how you been”

“Go away Thunderlane” She said to the black Pegasus stallion.

“Are you still mad at me?”

“Am I mad at you? no I’m furious.”

“Come on Dashie you can’t be mad at me forever.”

“Don’t call me that”

“Why are you still mad at me? Please tell me?”

“Well… Firstly you played with my feelings. Secondly you never thought about me and how I felt. you only cared about yourself. And thirdly you cheated on me so please leave me alone and stop bothering me!” She said and slapped him across the face.

“Oh that’s it. You’ll regret doing that you bitch.” Thunderlane said while looking at Dash like a mad man.
Dash turned away and started Walking towards the bar. Thunderlane just watched as she started walking away. When she reached the bar she said to the bartender.

“Orange juice please.” She hadn’t yet realised what Thunderlane said and what she did. But when she walked back to the table where AJ and Rarity ware she realised it and it hit her like a ton of bricks. She broke down sheading some tears quietly. Her friends noticed and turned their attention to her.

“Oh darling what’s wrong?” Rarity asked Dash. But dash didn’t answer.

“You know you can tell us.” Rarity asked again

“Thunderlane.” Dash quietly answered while holding back tears.

“What did he hurt you again Dash please tell us we are here for you.”

“no… but he came up to me and ask am I still mad at him.”

“You have all the right to be mad at him. He Cheated on you. He hurt you. It wasn’t your fault Dash.” Rarity tried to calm Dash down but then Rainbow Dash said.

“But I slapped him and then he told me that I’m gonna regret that. I’m scared Rarity.” Dash gave in and started to cry a little louder.

“Oh Dash he’s never gonna do anything to you ever again. Trust me he wouldn’t dare.” Rarity said while hugging Dash. Slowly Rainbow Dash relaxed and said.

“Thanks Rarity I really needed that.” and smiled at her friend

“Now that you feel better I think ya should look over there” AJ said while smiling and pointing towards the bar.

Dash peaked around Rarity and saw three off duty woderbolts having a couple of drinks...

Author's Note:

Ok peeps i decided to split chapter 3 to two. so this story will be 5-6 chapters long now. By the way I'm gonna write a sequel to this story and it will star Thunderlane as main character. i'm not gonna give any more spoilers about that here but i'm gonna make an blog about that sequel. But i have to finish this story before that. chapter 4 will be out before wednesday (17.8) and i'm gonna make an blog post in a couple of hours were i'm gonna tell a little about the sequel and some other stuff about the future. Until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: