• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 1,763 Views, 47 Comments

Hooves - veteranO'awesome



Lyra had always fantasized about a human coming to Equestria, never the other way around.

  • ...
5
 47
 1,763

A Spell Gone Wrong

"Ready, Lyra?" Twilight Sparkle asked, her horn lighting up for a spell.

Lyra was very nervous. "Are you sure about this Twilight? I've never tried a spell this advanced." Lyra was desperately trying not to use the teleportation spell. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of one of her friends. "Plus, I don't want to mess up your house if anything goes wrong."

"You're right." Twilight's horn stopped glowing. "We should do this outside!"

"Damnit." Lyra muttered under her breath.

The two unicorns walked outside and got stares from the ponies around them and they charged up their spells.

Lyra started muttering again. "Great. Now everypony else will see me fail. Looks like there's no way out of this." Due to her low mumbling, Lyra didn't hear Twilight shouting instructions at her.

"On three, we both cast the teleportation spell."

"...no more friends..."

"One."

"...life is ruined...."

"Two."

"I'll be the laughing stock of Ponyville."

"THREE!" Twilight Sparkle's horn let out a blinding light and then a sparkling purple orb. Lyra's horn had a mind of its own sometimes, and now was no exception.

Her horn let out a smaller golden orb the spun wildly. Lyra stopped talking to herself and looked up, amazed that she actually cast the spell correctly. Twilight, on the other hoof, was extremely worried. "This shouldn't be happening. This is a self-effect spell, not a target."

The two orbs collided as the purple one engulfed the golden one. They merged and turned red. The now much larger orb spun and sailed at Lyra. She could barely let out a scream as the spell ball collided with her.

Earth

RIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG

The school's bell rang loud and painful, except to me. This was the last bell for a very long time. Next year I would be going to Embry Riddle flight school.

"Alright, class." Our teacher, Mrs. Hatch, said in a bland, dull, and unexcited voice. "Enjoy your lives and I hope to see you all become big contributors to our society."

I threw on my bag and ran out the door of the classroom, only to be stopped by one of my friends in the hall. "Hey Dylan. What's up?" He wanted to talk, but I wanted to leave.

"Move, Jacob. We can talk some other time." I pushed him out of the way and ran out the door of the school. Because of this horribly stressful day, I needed to go home and watch some My Little Pony; Friendship Is Magic.

Yes, that's right, My Little Pony. I am a brony. I am someone who loves that show and the fan stuff associated with it. Everyday after school, I go home and watch it on my computer because my parents are extremely judgmental. I sighed to myself and walked through the parking lot and to my car. The only beautifully painted vehicle there.

The metallic purple paint shimmered in the sun and the shiny rims reflected the beauty of nature. Starting the car was my favorite part because mine was quite a rare one. I had a purple Hemi Barracuda whom my dad passed down to me. The engine sounded like a herd of stampeding buffalo, which got me a lot of attention.

I winked at the girl staring at the car and she just kept staring. I laughed and took off towards home. Bored of just driving, I rolled down the window and started playing somemusic.

I loved old rock and even music from the 40's. Artists like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, among a few others.

Eventually, I got to my house and I grinned. "Time for ponies." I said to myself. I turned off the car, turning off the music, and walked to the door. I was greeted by a note on it from my parents. Dear Dylan, Your father and I have been sent to London for a few months for my job. We will be there for about a year. You are a responsible young man, so you can take care of yourself for a bit. I have my cellphone in case anything happens. Love you, your mom and dad.

Now, an sixteen year old's first thought would be PARTY HARD!, but mine was PONY HARD!. I disliked most of the general human population with a passion, so I didn't get along well with them. I reached for the doorknob, but heard a strange rustling noise that sounded like it was coming from the kitchen. "Robbers." I walked back to by car and got my 38. snub nose out of the glove compartment. There was always a gun in my car, just in case.

Quietly, I opened the door and pulled the hammer on my gun back. The rustling noises continued as I walked to the kitchen. I opened the kitchen door and you would not believe what I saw next.

Lyra Heartstrings, the mint green, human-obsessed unicorn from My Little Pony, was in my kitchen. I un-cocked the hammer and put the gun on the counter. "Hi there." She said with a sheepish a smile on her face.

I fainted.


Ponyville Ten Minutes Ago

The red orb hit Lyra as she screamed out in terror. It expanded and pretty much swallowed her and she could not be seen anymore. The ponies that witnessed the horrible thing, including Twilight, had their faces turn to those of pure horror. Lyra's screaming faded into silence and the orb shrank as tears fell down the faces of the ponies.

Twilight felt worse than anypony about this. Now that she thought about it, this was mainly so that Twilight could be better at that spell. Lyra didn't even want to do this, and Twilight should have listened to her. Who knows where Lyra could be?

Unknown Location

Lyra continued screaming as her body was contorted into different shapes as if she was just a piece of putty. Strangely enough though, she didn't feel any pain even though she could feel her body being twisted around. She stopped screaming and started observing at what was around her.

Multiple colors flashed all around and she sped through was seemed like a tunnel. The twisting had stopped and she was now quite comfortable. It felt pretty strange to be going at an insane speed through a tunnel of many different colors.

Lyra eventually slowed down almost to a complete stop. She blinked and the world instantly changed. Lyra appeared to be in a house. There was furniture, like chairs and a sofa, and there were things she did not recognize, like a strange rectangle sitting on a table. Lyra walked over to it and saw that there was writing on the bottom of it. It said Panasonic.

She continued to snoop around, being very careful not to break anything, until her stomach started to growl. "Crap." Lyra sad to herself. "I knew I should have eaten something this morning." She walked around until she found a large white box with a handle on the front.

Opening it, Lyra saw all of the delicious contents inside. There were fruits and vegetables everywhere, but they were in some strange bags. "That looks really good." She was eyeing a carrot. Lyra ripped a piece of the plastic off in order to access the orange veggie. "I'm sure whoever lives here can spare a few morsels."

She happily ate the carrot until she heard the sound of a door opening. The unicorn froze in place as a human walked in with a strange metal object in its hands. It set the thing on the counter and looked directly at Lyra.

"What do I do, what do I do?" Lyra was becoming frantic. "Hi there." She said to the creature.

It fainted.