• Published 1st Aug 2016
  • 2,348 Views, 67 Comments

The Violet Strike, Spike - DreamyBlaze



After finding a gun and a glove, Spike goes on ELECTRIFYING adventures.

  • ...
1
 67
 2,348

Chapter 4: The First(?) to Know the Secret

As Spike went back home, he knew going to the hospital would risk his new identity, he saw many of the townspeople leaving the castle. Many of the ponies said hello to him, ask him if he was okay or, to his confusion, congratulated him but wouldn't say why.

When he got inside he noticed the entrance of the castle was… surprisingly clean considering around a hundred ponies left it.

“We thought this would be a nice gift to Ponyville’s secret hero… that and make it easier for you knowing you were going to be late when you didn't come out of the Everfree after a while.” Said a voice Spike knew far too well.

When Spike turned around he saw his, unofficial but still paid, assistant and very good friend, Mayor Mare. Mayor mare is a pony with a tan body and a grayish mane and tail. She started helping Spike about year ago when he went and asked her on advice on how to run a town. After that, they became good friends but because Twilight wasn't supposed to know Spike filled out big part of her princess documents, Mayor Mare and him could only work during the night.

“Wait, what do you mean by gift? Also thank you for making the place spotless. Please make sure to tell the rest of the town.”. Said Spike.

“Will do, and no problem.” Said Mayor Mare. “You do help us more than we can thank you for.”

“I just like to help. More importantly, I have something important to tell you and i want you to keep this a secret, just like me being a book author and Ponyville’s hero, okay?” Said Spike seriously, although he was bit nervous of how his assistant would react and why wouldn't he since he was going to tell her everything that happens in the Everfree as well about the fact. She might think he is crazy.

“If this is about how you defeated the manticore that just attacked the town, we already promised to keep it secret.” Exclaimed Mayor.

“...what?” said Spike, not knowing what else to say since apparently the whole town knew his secret already. After a minute, his mind finally found the right things to say, “How did you guys knew i fought the manticore? I saw my reflection in one of the stores mirrors really quickly and i barely recognized myself.”

“Actually, Time Turner saw you fighting by one of the windows and used that invention he calls ‘binoculars’ and recognized your movement but wasn't sure it was you, so he told the town it was only speculation. Don't worry though, we decided to keep it secret just in case it was you.” Exclaimed Mayor.

“... Looks like that little speech about how i wanted to try being different to most heroes in my comics now belongs in the trash, and it was such a good speech too.” sighed Spike, “At least tell the town that it was me and that yes I want to keep this secret from the main six. Make sure to tell them not to tell the crusaders though, I will tell them myself.”

“Of course. So is Rarity okay? Time Turner said he saw her passed out.” Asked Mayor worriedly.

“She just got hit by manticore poison and by how fast it acted, the manticore must have been alpha since only the alpha manticores have poisons that act that fast and don't worry, the worst the poison does is temporarily stop the ability to move.” Said Spike.

“Let me guess, something you learn while working in the library?” Asked Mayor as she and Spike moved to the door.

“Yes sadly. It sucks having big part of your childhood and teenage, in pony years of course, as well as my early adult years working and reading books mostly all day. But let's get back on topic before I start ranting, again.” Said Spike, “Rarity was taken to the hospital by Twilight and should be able to move again in a day or two.”

“That's good to know. Well I must leave gotta rest before coming back here for my job. The same time right?” Asked Mayor.

“Yes.” Answered Spike.

“Okay then. I'll make sure to tell the town about what you told me and, Spike, good luck with Twilight.” said Mayor Mare with a look of pity.

Spike just smiled and waved good bye before he went inside to get more work done.

“... That kid has a tough life.”. Said Mayor as she left. “Tougher than he deserves.”


Meanwhile with Twilight, Sweetie and Rarity. Rarity was taken to the emergency room just in case it was something worse. Twilight was walking in circle meanwhile Sweetie Belle, relieved to know her sister was in the hospital, was daydreaming about her hero, Gunvolt.

‘He was so cool.’ Thought Sweetie. After a while of daydreaming she realized something important. ‘Wait… why was Twilight so late to the fight. It's understandable if it was Pinkie, Applejack, Rainbow and Fluttershy since they are out of town but why was Twilight so late?’

After a bit of thinking, Sweetie finally decided to ask her. “Twilight I have a question.”

“Um, yes Sweetie Belle?” Asked Twilight as she turned to Sweetie, glad to finally find something to somewhat distract her mind from her friend.

“Why were you so late to get to us?” Asked Sweetie Belle.

“Ahh… that… um, you see I was… um… distracted working in the library and did not know what was going. Yup totally what i was doing. Ha, ha, ha…” said Twilight, really hoping she didn’t have to tell her since it was embarrassing.

“You were reading the books, weren't you?” asked Sweetie with an annoyed expression.

“No totally what i was doing. What makes you think that?” ‘Why was that her first guess and why was it so accurate.’ Said Twilight, wondering why Sweetie guessed that so quickly.

“Spike always says that once you start reading that you won't notice anything.” Said Sweetie, keeping a neutral expression.

“What, no that has never happened.”. Said Twilight through clenched teeth, thinking of hiding Spikes gems for telling his friends of that.

“Twilight, stop trying to lie to me! Everypony in town knows this since the infamous maple honey incident...” Said Sweetie and immediately shivered at the horrible memory of the crusade, “were you ended up having to be hospitalized just to get all the maple honey off of you!”

“Wait, is that why I was in the hospital? I thought I had started walking and reading at the same time again.” Said Twilight, completely forgetting she was trying to hide the fact that she was distracted by one of her favorite books called A Stallion's Desire writen by Flaming Quill. ‘And I made Spike tied me to my bed for nothing.’

“See! Even you admit you have a problwho I bet you even forgot you sent Spike to the Everfree Forest!” Said a now very irritated Sweetie Belle.

“Wait, what do you…” Suddenly, Twilight remember that she hadn’t seen Spike in a long while. Thanks to that she start panicking even more.

Reaching her boiling point, Sweetie said after standing up on her chair, “Seriously, again! I would have left if I could but my sister is here so you know what? OUT! I don't want to see you here Twilight!”

Twilight was looking at Sweetie Belle with horror and why shouldn't she, Sweetie Belle as well as few kids in Ponyville saw her as a role model, heck even a few adults saw her as one too but having someone who looked up to her get so mad at her shocked and sadden her to no end.

“But…” Twilight tried to say but got cut off by Sweetie. “No buts Twilight! You may be the Princess of Friendship but right now, to me at least, you look like the most irresponsible pony ever! So out! I don't want to see you!”

Twilight wanted to say something. She wanted to try and at least salvage the situation but she knew that right now, Sweetie Belle needed to calm down. As such, she listened to Sweetie Belle and left. Before going out though, she turned back in case Sweetie wanted her to at least stay and for Rarity together but all she got was a hoof pointing to the door and so Twilight left the hospital.

Twilight wanted to cry but she couldn't. She was the Princess of Friendship. She had to act like good role model for the town and, as such, she swallowed her tear and a walked back to her castle. The trip back was uneventful though since most of the towns ponies focused on repairing the stalls that were smashed by the manticore.

As she got close to the castle, she saw someone she desperately needed to talk to for multiple reasons on one of the higher windows. It was Spike. From what Twilight could see, he was cleaning the outside windows of the castle. Twilight was happy to see her younger ‘brother’ and number one assistant being so responsible with his chores.

“Hey, Spike!” Screamed Twilight. Hearing his name being called, Spike looked around to find who called him. When he turned to look down he saw it was Twilight who called him.

“Give me a minute!” Screamed Spike back. Spike got back to his work and finished cleaning the window quickly before lowering himself back to the ground. When he touched the ground, he pulled on his rope to get it off the building and then removed his climbing gear. Once he had everything organized to his liking, he turned to Twilight and asked, “Need anything Twilight?”

“Let's talk inside Spike but first…” Before Spike knew it, Twilight gave Spike a bear hug. He was about to ask her if something was wrong when he felt her shaking. Instead, Spike decided to return Twilight's hug and whispered things like “shush… I'm here Twilight so there is no need to cry…” and “...you are strong mare so don't cry…”

“Thanks Spike I needed that.” Said Twilight once she had calmed down a little.

“No problemo Twilight. More importantly I heard a manticore attacked the town, so what happened?”. asked Spike, acting as if he was never in the area.

“Yeah, had the guy that calls himself Gunvolt not shown up, things would of had gotten nasty. Luckily, the worst that happened was that Rarity was stung and knocked out.” Said Twilight.

“Is she okay!?” Asked Spike, totally not acting.

“Yes. Yes she is. She is just going to be stuck in the hospital for four days.”. Explained Twilight.

‘I was close…’ Spike though. “Anything else interesting happened while I was lost in the Everfree Forest?”

Aside from Sweetie Belle being really mad at me, no…” said Twilight, feeling a little depressed. The feeling of depression was shot in the head though when the words ‘lost in the Everfree Forest’ registered. “Wait, what do you mean you got lost? You had a map and everything. It should have been physically impossible!”. Exclaimed Twilight.

“Actually, unless you have one of those enchanted maps that records the path you have taken, it is very easy to get lost. Specially when you are being chased by a manticore.” Explained Spike in a matter of fact tone.

Twilight was about to say that is impossible until she remembered the manticore that attacked the this town. “Welp, we may had not gotten you that potion but at least you are safe.” Said Twilight, giving Spike another hug.

“Since I can see the Sweetie Belle thing getting to you, why don't we go inside and talk about it. Hey, maybe I can even give you some advice on what to do!” exclaimed Spike, legitimately excited to help and boss around Twilight.

“I would love that but someone has windows to clean. I’ll leave you some tea and gems on the table for after you are…” before Twilight could finish her sentence, Spike ran to the door and blocked it.

“Twilight, what did we agree on when it came to cooking?” Asked Spike in a very dark town. So dark in fact, it terrified Twilight.

“... that i was allowed to at least make tea?” asked Twilight with a sheepish yet terrified facial expression.

“...” Was all Spike said. He also looked at her.

“...that if i ever try to cook anything in the kitchen, you would tell Celestia and she will make sure every single book I own will be taken away from me.” said Twilight, more scared from losing her books than Spike death stare.

For those who don't know, when Twilight was old enough to cook, she tried to make cereal, cereal, and she almost set fire to the whole castle. There was panic everywhere. So many injured because of cereal. She didn't get in as much trouble as she should of had gotten but she was forced to promise that if she ever tried to cook on her own, all books she owns will be taken away forever, her library card would be literally burn at the stake and someone would have to follow her when she went shopping.

That and after Spike learned to cook, the kitchen became his little piece of heaven.

“Good, so regular hot tea or hot sweet tea?” asked Spike, as if nothing happened at all. Twilight was still not used to that.

“Regular please.” Said Twilight and with that Spike got back to his chores, with his do reward as well avoiding a hellish speech from Twilight.

‘Yeah, Spike!’ Spike though.

Author's Note:

thank Azure Drache for proof reading.

Blog can be found here: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/661370/the-violet-strike-spike-skill-and-modes-list

It was meant to be written like this.

Small reference to the story Rommantic Disaster by AlbinoThunder. if you want to read his story, it can be found here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/81867/romantic-disasters