• Published 1st Aug 2016
  • 2,344 Views, 67 Comments

The Violet Strike, Spike - DreamyBlaze



After finding a gun and a glove, Spike goes on ELECTRIFYING adventures.

  • ...
1
 67
 2,344

Chapter 3: First Fight: Manticore vs. 'Gunvolt'

Forty five minutes after leaving the cave, Spike found two things. The first thing was how his powers worked all thanks to a group of Timber Wolves that attacked him. Sure, his skill called lightning spark hit him more than the Timber Wolves that attacked him but it was far stronger than the never miss lightning link. While looking through his skill window though, Spike learned that he could rename skills so he renamed self-regeneration 2 to regeneration 1. Spike also learned he had an inventory while looking through his skill list during his walk in the forest. The second thing Spike found was the exit to the Everfree Forest. He couldn't wait to get to the back to the castle to plan out what he was going to do about the glove although Spike was a bit disappointed that he couldn't visit Zecora but Spike had other things to worry about. One of those things being Twilight's wrath.

Before he reached the exit though, Spike felt something familiar about this spot. After some thinking Spike realized this was the place the manticore attacked him. This gave Spike a bad feeling but he pushed it away.

As Spike exited the forest, he heard a scream coming from Ponyville. This spurred Spike to run back to town. As the town came into view, as far as Spike could see, was somewhat empty and worse of all decimated by what looked like a manticore from afar. Those who were in the town though, that is if Spike’s eye weren't lying to him, were… two Raritys? As Spike got closer he noticed something about the two Raritys. The first thing was that one of the Raritys was actually her little sister, Sweetie Bell.

Spike, scared for their lives, doubled his pase. As he got close, Spike saw the manticore hit Rarity before he could make it. Sweetie Belle then ran to Rarity who flew a few feet before landing with a faint thud. As Sweetie tried to awaken her sister though the manticore got close before raising his paw. Sweetie Belle’s face of absolute terror as well as Rarity weak look made something within Spike snap. As he got closer, Spike said in a low voice “Transform Gunvolt.” After saying that, his entire body was covered in lightning. As soon as he was in range for it, Spike screamed “Lightning Spark!” before hitting the manticore straight on the face in a split second. Spike didn't notice he had learned a new skill called Lightning Step which allowed him to cover the final thirty meters of distance.

Spike looked back at Rarity and Sweetie Belle to make sure they were as ok as currently possible before turning back to the manticore and screaming...

. .

Earlier that day… (Mostly from Sweetie Belle’s viewpoint)

Sweetie Belle was going toward the forest after hearing from Twilight herself that she sent Spike to pick a stamina increasing potion for himself. Sweetie Belle is a white bodied unicorn filly with a purple mane that had a pink stripe going through it. Of all things to do, she sends Spike to get a stamina potion instead of you know, hiring workers to help him take care of the castle.

“One of this days, I will tell Twilight that what she is doing to Spike, it is not right.” Sweetie said to herself.

As Sweetie Belle reached the entrance of the Everfree Forest, she heard a noise, a very cat like noise. Sweetie Belle looked into the Everfree, searching for whatever could have made the sound. She soon saw what had made the sound and she was terrified by what she saw. The creature had the body of a lion, vampire fruit bat's wings and a scorpion tail. The creature was looking like one of the fabled manticores and worst of all, it was close by. Luckily for her, it had yet to see her so Sweetie Belle did the smart thing, and started to step away slowly. Unluckily for her, she stepped on a random twig, which brings her the attention of the manticore.

“Rooooooooaaaaaaaar!” Roared the manticore. This caused Sweetie Belle to scream in terror as well as run for her life. What she didn't realize was that she led the manticore straight back into Ponyville. Her screaming did warn everyone about the manticore so most of the townsfolk managed to escape. The only one that did not run away was the one most distracted with her own thoughts, her big sister Rarity.

At first Sweetie Belle ran past Rarity screaming, only to run backwards after seeing Rarity pass by. “Rarity, Rarity, RARITY!” Screamed Sweetie, only getting a reaction when she started to scream directly in her left ear.

“GAH! Sweetie Belle what was that for and why...” Before Rarity could finish her question, she heard an ear splitting roar coming from the now very close manticore.

“Quick let's get Twilight!” Screamed Rarity when she saw the manticore. When they ran around the town to get away from the manticore, Rarity asked, “Sweetie Belle…*pant* why is a manticore chasing you?”

“I was *pant* looking for Spike to ask *pant* him if he could help me with,” she took a moment to catch her breath, “something, but I heard from *pant* Twilight that he went to *pant* the Everfree Forest. What about you, why *pant* were you so dis… let's hide here… why were you so distracted?” responded Sweetie as they hid behind a stall at the market.

“I was trying to think of designs for *pant* some dresses for this really important client. That and I thought you were in another of your crusades which resulted with another maple honey incident.” whispered Rarity.

“Rarity, you know that we stopped this types of crusades a few months after we got our cutie marks and you promised never to talk about that again.” Sweetie whispered back.

They both stop talking when they heard a sound behind them. They waited for the sound to go away and as soon as it did, they decided to check if it was still there. Luckily for them, the manticore was facing away from them after it heard movements in another stall.

“Let’s go. It’s not safe here.” whispered Rarity. While the manticore was distracted, Rarity and Sweetie Belle left their hiding spot stealthily but as luck would have it, the manticore suddenly turned around and saw them. Rarity, Sweetie Belle and the manticore stopped moving completely.

“Maybe it's vision is based on movement?” Whispered Sweetie Belle.

“ROAR!” roared the manticore before it started to chase them.

“Good guess Sweetie but that is not true at all!” Screamed Rarity in panic as they ran again. Before they could get too far away though the manticore got ahead of them by jumping over them and when he landed the manticore immediately used his scorpion tail to attack Sweetie Belle. Rarity, wanting to protect her sister jumped into the attack and was hit by the tail, which happens to be poisonous. The force of the blow sent Rarity away.

“Rarity!” Screamed Sweetie chasing after her.

“Sweetie… run…” whispered Rarity but Sweetie didn't listen.

“Come on Rarity get up, please get up… please…” as Sweetie tried to get Rarity to stand up but the poison was traveling far too quickly through her body. Sweetie then saw a shadow over her before turning, her facial expression showing great fear.

The manticore raised its paw to strike her down but…

“Lightning Spark!” suddenly there was scream right when as a blue light appeared from the face of the manticore.

Before Sweetie Belle’s eyes was her savior. Her savior had a body covered in purple scales and green spikes that slowly turned lightning blue at the edge of the crest. He wore a dark blue vest as well as two fingerless gloves on both hands as well as a pair of dark blue boots. In one of his hands, he held a weird piece of metal(gun). His entire body was radiating electricity which made him glow with an aura of great power.

Her savior turned his head towards her and looked at her without saying anything. Those green eyes that turned light blue at the outer edge though told Sweetie Belle that he was scared at he was seeing before he turned around and screamed.

“How dare you hurt them!” He roared with the force of a full grown dragon. Sweetie Belle for some reason was not scared by the roar that came from her savior for some reason.

. . (Spike PoV)

“How dare you hurt them!” Screamed Spike with the force of a full grown dragon. Although it did scared the manticore into stepping back a bit, the roar did have the unfortunate effect of snapping Spike out of his anger just enough to realize the things he did. But remembering what happened to Rarity reminded him of the big cat in the picture.

Suddenly, the world turned a shade of blue to Spike’s eyes. In the sky the word ‘warning’ appeared in red letters. After they disappeared, the manticore struck a pose as his health bar filled. Spike was confused as to why this happened but was happy to see the world return to normal after the manticore returned to its original position.

‘That manticore will pay for hurting my friends.’ Thought Spike as he got into the fighting stance he developed in the forest. The stance was having the arm holding the gun facing toward the enemy will keeping his free arm close to him. The manticore was the first to attempt a strike by pouncing Spike but missed because Spike rolled underneath him. Spike seeing the opening shot the enemy three times with the normal and activated lightning link. The first attack the manticore just shrugged it off but the lightning link hurt him alot.

In retaliation, the manticore tried to strike Spike with his tail but Spike stepped to the side to dodge it without stopping his attack. Seeing a perfect chance, Spike used his tail as a step and jumped on his back. When the manticore felt Spike on his back, he tried to shake him off of it but Spike, having ridden on Twilight’s back for multiple times now and managed to stay on her back, was unfazed by the manticores attempt. After a while, Spike used lightning spark to send the manticore flying.

Spike checked the manticores health and noticed he was halfway finished with the fight which surprised him since he only attacked the manticore a total of 6 times, three of those attacks being the low damage gun. Suddenly, the manticore roared a war like roar, which created a picture next to his health bar that showed that all of the manticore’s attack were about to do double damage. To bad for the manticore Spike
saw it coming ever since the fight begun. Why? Because he had fought two manticores before. Only difference is that before he had to use sticks and stones before but that is irrelevant right now.

The manticore tried to hit Spike with his claw but Spike countered with lightning spark right into its paw making it roar in pain. Before the manticore could react, Spike shot the manticore again and used lightning link to finish the fight.

When Spike stopped using lightning link, the manticore knew he was being spared. Under normal circumstances, the manticore would take this as his chance to kill the idiot that let him go but he knew that he was out matched, so the manticore left, like a good sport should.

“Rarity! Sweetie Belle!” The scream came from above them. All on the ground looked up to to see the princess friendship Twilight. As she landed, she asked, “what's going on here? Why is Rarity knocked out and who are you?” When Twilight said this, she pointed to Spike.

“I’m not the one you should worry about. Your friend there was hit by a manticore's tail which just so happens to have a type of paralysis poison. Best you get her to the hospital fast.” Said Spike while depending his voice. Out of all his friends, which out of them all he trusted Fluttershy the most, would take away his powers for his safety. Twilight specially would take it away. So he had to hide the powers. Although he feels like is forgetting something when it comes to the poison in Rarity.

Spike turned around and was about to leave but Sweetie Belle stopped him. “Wait before you go, can you at least tell me your name?”

Giving it some though, Spike decided to use the name he says to transform. “My name is Gunvolt. Now I think you have something far more important to do.” And with that Spike ran away really quickly. After hiding behind a building a few streets away, he removed his transformation and went toward the castle to finish his chores and then call it a day… if Twilight doesn't nag him to death for being late again.

Author's Note:

thank Azure Drache for proof reading.

Blog can be found here: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/661370/the-violet-strike-spike-skill-and-modes-list

Yay, The chapter is finally here.