• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,483 Views, 64 Comments

Scorched by Fate - Scorch215



My name is Scorched Wing and this is the story of how i went to bed as a human and woke up as a pony in the magical land of Equestria, I'm still fairly certain this is all just some coma dream I am having.

  • ...
7
 64
 1,483

Chapter3: Tour

I watched as the nurse demon wrote down my name as well as other information I am assuming her exam revealed she then grabbed a small pen light from the medical cart and approached me. “Ok I just need to check your eyes and we are done Miss Wing.” She said with a smile and I nodded.

Gently holding my eyes open she turned on the light. “Please look straight ahead.” She said and I did as asked, this was not the first time I had this test and I figured since they already said I had a concussion she was seeing if I made it worse with my run through the halls and jump from the window.

As she ran the light over my eyes I remain still with my eyes firmly locked on her face, now that the initial surprise of talking colorful horses had worn off and I wasn’t thinking with adrenaline in my system telling me to run for it and with one so close to me I could see now that they actually looked rather harmless for the most part, almost cartoonish actually.

I am still calling them demon horses though as none of them seem to be natural colors and with whatever that aura was the unicorn one can use, definitely not being normal, they are hellspawn. That and the contrast between these cartoony horses and the demons I am used to seeing in video games and movies amuses me.

Anyways the nurse horse finished checking my eyes and smiled. “Well then you didn’t seem to aggravate anything and while I was going to have you stay overnight, I think we’ll discharge you in a few hours if nothing else comes up.” She said.

I nodded once at what she said and was glad to hear it as I really wanted to explore that town I had been running for when the unicorn demon caught me with her cheating force like power. “I’m glad to hear it, though I do have a question if I may?” I asked.

“Certainly you can ask anything and I’ll do my best to answer.” The nurse said.

“Can you tell me where I am?” I asked.

“Oh well you are in Ponyville General Hospital in the small town of Ponyville.” Redheart said.

I blinked at the name. “Ponyville? Seriously?” I asked.

Twilight stepped up beside the nurse. “Yup, the friendliest town in all of Equestria if I do say so myself.” She said with a big smile.

“Equestria? As in Equestrian or Equine meaning horse?” I said blinking several times.

“Well we are ponies not horses.” The purple mare said.

“Ponies….right.” I said as I processed the fact I was with multi-colored horses, ponies, who lived in a town called Ponyville in a country that basically meant horse. Well could be worse.

Twilight nodded. “Yes ponies.” She said once more smiling.

“So any other towns nearby?” I asked to learn the area.

“Well Canterlot is only about a day by train.” Twilight said thinking. “Are you ok?” She asked looking at me in concern.

The reason she was concerned was because my hoof met my face rather hard at the mention of Canterlot.

<<<O>>>

About three hours later I was discharged from the hospital and wheeled out in a wheelchair, it seemed Ponyland had the same rules about patients walking out of the hospital in that you are taken to the door in a wheelchair.

In those three hours I had played twenty questions with Twilight, well more like several dozen questions but twenty questions sounds better, and I learned what I could. The mare seemed to be all too happy to impart her knowledge to me which was good since apparently my mind had created an extremely complicated world with a detailed back story to it.

During the talk the shy one seemed to relax more as she realized I meant no harm and wasn’t planning on throwing anymore glasses of water at them. What I learned from Twilight was…strange. I learned how Twilight was the personal student of someone named Princess Celestia who apparently ruled the nation from the city that was a butchered name of Camelot, I wondered if it was a silly place as well.

I asked Twilight and she said it was not and was one of the finest cities in the land and was apparently bolted to the side of a mountain in a huge F.U. to physics and structural engineering. I was beginning to see a pattern here.

After that I learned a bit about the town I found myself sitting it. It seemed it was a rural town, much to my happiness as I did not like cities really do to being raised in the middle of nowhere for most of my life. Very friendly as twilight as said as the place threw her a party her first day there when she was over seeing something called the Summer Sun Celebration a month ago which was crashed by someone named Nightmare Moon who sounded both like a real bitch who was insane and full of a lot of ham.

Apparently she was a real threat though which I learned when I pointed out she sounded very much like a clichéd villain from a TV show. Also Equestria didn’t have TV which wasn’t that big of a deal as I didn’t really watch TV do to the internet being far more entertaining, which they didn’t have either. That fact sucked a lot.

Anyways after beating this Nightmare Moon character with something called the Elements of Harmony which sounded like a rainbow colored super weapon, it was learned that Nightmare Moon was actually Celestia’s sister driven mad by jealousy and had been banished to the moon.

I questioned how that was possible and apparently Celestia did it with the elements over a thousand years ago, oh yeah the Princesses are immortal apparently, my mind is weird. After questioning why they were called princesses I learned it was a preferred title as it made them more approachable then a queen. I doubted it as royalty is royalty regardless of title.

Anyways this town was founded about two hundred years ago, the fact I found myself living in another two hundred year old town in my head added credibility to this being a coma dream.

Overall this placed basically sounded like a typical rural American town only with ponies and not humans and no cars.

What caught me the most off guard was when I asked how she used the force and if she was a Jedi. Long story short it’s magic, all of it is magic, this entire place is run by magic that if I were to believe half of what Twilight told me just said Fuck Logic at every turn.

That was actually what most of the three hours was spent talking about. Now you see I have always been a practical person, this up is up; down is down, sour croute smells beyond foul, the usual. So when someone says “magic” and they means real magic and not stage magicians magic but real legit magic I am inclined to disbelieve it do to the simple fact this is my coma dream and I know magic is not a thing.

However that practicality extends to seeing is believing because I have seen things that have defied normal logic as we know it and is beyond explanation. So Twilight ended the debate by simply demonstrating said magic by doing several spell. Needless to say I admitted magic is a thing and the rest of the discussion was spent learning about magic, and the fact that as a Pegasus I can’t do spell.

However apparently I can fly, which I have seen and done by accident, as well as manipulate the weather and walk on clouds.

To say this place makes my head hurt is an understatement.

Anyways after the long discussion of some of the basics of this area Twilight “Unicorn Demon” Sparkle offered to give me a tour of the town. Naturally I accepted because it’s easier getting a tour then trying to find my own way.

And thus I am now following her down the road away from the hospital, I still question why a supposedly rural town had a four story hospital but apparently this place regularly suffers disasters or something which makes me question why a town is here in the first place if it’s so dangerous. Oh well coma dream logic.

As we walked I focused on moving my feet in the correct order, I was getting used to having four legs as long as I focused on it and treated it as if I were crawling on my hands and knees as it was basically the same movement. Though if I stop paying attention then I get to taste dirt with a faceplant.

Anyways it did not take us long to reach the actual town, the hospital being built outside the town limits and a ways off from it. This town hurts my eyes do to being a riot of color, seriously the place looks like several dozen paint cans threw up everywhere and that’s just the buildings! The other ponies are much worse as they seem to be every bright color that ever existed.
Anyways it was here at the town where Fluttershy left us saying she needed to get back to her animals, she was either crazy cat lady…erm…pony, or she was a vet or something of the like. Either way it was just me and Twilight now

As we walked I noticed I seemed to be the only dark colored pony around, don’t get me wrong there were other gray ponies and other dark colors but for the most part the ponies in this town were more brightly colored.

Most of them greet Twilight without friendly hello or a nod though some seem focused on their own tasks and don’t seem to notice her. Most of the ones who greet her also stop and greet me and ask if I am new in town to which I answer in all honestly that I am. Everyone smiles at that and welcome me, when Twilight said this place was friendly she was not kidding as everyone seemed to be going out of there way now to welcome me, even the ones who ignored Twilight stopped to greet me.

I questioned what they wanted as for the most part usually people being this friendly are wanting something, yes I know that is a bit cynical but I am basing it off my own experiences here.

Anyways as we walk my unicorn demon guide pointed out several buildings such as the clock tower and the town hall and the like. This place all seemed pretty standard for small town; though it was missing a water tower and the roofs being thatch was odd. The place was basically a cross between small town America and something out of a fairytale.

Eventually we reached a building that was different from the rest in that it was circular, white and looked like someone modified a merry-go-round into a building.

“And here.” My guide said. “Is Carousal Boutique where my friend Rarity makes dresses.” She said smiling.

“So…she’s a tailor?” I asked in surprise as I’m used to mass production, I mean I know there are still tailors around, hell the town I lived in had a legit shoe repair shop situated right next to a J.C. Penny’s so I know this old stuff is around still, just very rare.

I paused at the accidental pun and my hoof met my face once more.

“Would you like to go in?” Twilight asked looking back at me after I dropped my hoof.

I looked down at the jumpsuit I wore; dressing back in it with hooves had been a battle worthy of writing a grand epic the likes of Beowulf as even if I had figured out how to pick things up I had not learned the finer points of defying physics with blunt hooves.

“No I’m good.” I said as I looked back up at her, while I questioned why they actually had a tailor when everyone but me seemed to not wear clothes, and the fact that was not weird to me was because even if they have strange coloring they are still horses and horses do not wear clothes normally. The only reason I was wearing one was because I was used to doing so and when I had realized I wasn’t wearing any in the hospital I had covered myself with my blanket and asked for my clothing back. And thus the epic battle had taken place.

“Alright, you will meet her alter I’m sure.” Twilight said as she started to walk again and I followed behind keeping my mind on putting one hoof in front of the other in the correct order. I was getting rather good at this…

So the dirt in town taste just like the dirt back at the hospital which I learned when I moved my left front leg and then my left back leg and was thrown off balance.

Spitting out dirt I got back up to find Twilight giggling at my spill and felt my ears splay back against my head, this new body was really expressive, way more than what I am used to being.

“Don’t worry I’m sure that they will get back to working order after you recover fully.” She said as she started walking again.

“Yeah…right.” I said as I started to follow her once more.

We reached an area in the town that reminded me of Saturday Market back home as the street was packed with small stalls and carts with ponies standing behind them talking to customer or patiently waiting for some to come by.

“And this is Ponyville market where the local ponies sell their goods that aren’t sold in the stores.” Twilight said sweeping a hoof over the market place.

“Yes I can see that.” I said as I looked around, this am deme think I needed to figure out if they used money or a bartering system here, I was familiar with both but I would have a better chance with bartering do to the simple fact I had no money to speak of do to leaving my wallet in the waking world.

Twilight looked around the market place and smiled as she saw a cart and she quickly made her way over to and I followed so as not to lose track of my guide.

As we neared the car I saw it was filled with barrels of apples and had an orange pony standing behind it who actually was the first one I had seen wearing clothing in the form of a cowboy hat, normally I wouldn’t count hats as clothes but when everyone else beside me was naked I’d count a bowtie as clothing.

Oh hey we reached the cart and the pony behind it smiled as she tipped her hat back. “Why hey there Twi’ what ya out and ‘bout at this hour? I’d have thought you’d hold up in the library readin’ or somethin’.” The pony said and I blinked. Was…..was she from the south? Like….literally she had a southern accent and I had actually been to several southern states so I’d know and that was a somewhat stereotypical southern drawl.

“Oh just showing Scorched Wing here around.” Twilight said gesturing to me and the southern pony looked at me and tipped her hat to me.

“Pleasure ta meet ya Scorched Wing, names Applejack. Ah Run Sweet Apple Acers just outside of town.” She said gesturing down the street.

I arched an eyebrow at the name. “Is that some sort of farm?” I asked, there was no way my mind would conjure up a southern stereotype.

Applejack nodded. “Yup, we grow the best apples in all of Equestria.” She said with pride clearly in her voice.

You have got to be kidding me! She is a total stereotype of a southerner. Does she also have a rifle and shotgun and sit on her front porch on a swing while sipping ice tea? I thought as I resisted the urge my hoof had to meet my face once more by looking away and squeezing my eyes shut. I was starting to get the feeling I was going to be doing that a lot in this dream.

Sighing and looked back at the two ponies and found my vision filled with two blue orbs. Took me a second to realize they were eyes and I was basically muzzle to muzzle with another pony.

“GAH!” I said as I shoved myself back, my front hooves flailing as I crashed to the ground on my back with a muffled thud and some pain as I landed on my wings. This time my vision was filled with the face of the aggressively pink owner of the eyes as she looked down at me with a large smile that seemed unnatural.

“Hi hi!” The pink pony said louder then she needed to considering she was only about three feet from me. “I’m Pinkie Pie. What’s your name? I know I don’t know you because I know everyone in Ponyville and I’ve never seen you before which means you are new which means you don’t know anyone and so when I saw you here with Twilight talking to Applejack I just had to come over and ask who you are so I know what name to put on the invitations!” The pink pony said in a single breath.

I just blinked up at her as my brain processed the barrage of words that just assaulted it. After a few moments I managed to translate what she said. “Uh…Scorched Wing and what party?” I asked confused and still a little stunned.

“Why your welcome to Ponyville party of course!” The pink pony said as she grabbed my hoof and hauled me back to a standing position. I opened my mouth to thank her and blinked as she was gone. I looked around and sure enough I could see no sign of the aggressively pink pony and looked back at twilight and Applejack. “Um….you two saw that right? I didn’t just hallucinate all of that right?”

Twilight giggled once more. “That’s just Pinkie Pie, she likes to throw parties for all the new ponies in town and she can’t get excited rather easily.” She said.

I plinked at the name, while it was definitely accurate I couldn’t help thinking of a certain enemy from Doom 3, still that was beside the point. “Ok…so….where did she go?” I asked looking around once more.

“Most likely to plan your “Welcome to Ponyville Party.” Twilight said.

I could only dumbly nod at this and marvel at just how strange all of them kept getting. “Ok…well then…shall we continue the tour?” I asked hoping the walk for the tour would help clear up the headache I found starting to form.

Twilight nodded. “Sure.” She looked at Applejack who still stood beside the apple cart. “I’ll talk to you later Applejack. See you later.”

The southern stereotype tipped her hat. “See ya later Twi, Scorched.” She said with a kind smile. That’s right just keep being a stereotype. With a sigh I followed my purple tour guide out of the marketplace to see the rest of the town.

Author's Note:

well a short tour for the main character and she didn't get far before a party started to be set up for her by everyone's favorites hyperactive mare.