• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 2,266 Views, 22 Comments

Heroes - Bronyfordays



A human wakes up in a strange land where everything seems somewhat small. Why, because he's a dragon! Of course.

  • ...
9
 22
 2,266

Chapter 3

Jeffrey's POV

I woke up very slowly. "Ugh..." I said as I opened my eyes, but instantly regretted it. 'Why was it so bright?!' I thought as I closed my eyes. I tried to recollect my memories. I was at work, designing that one boss for the new game. Then, Timothy started making conversation, I don't know why he does. I've never been one for friends. Contrary to that show I watched. Yes, I was a closet brony, no one knew except for me.

So he left at the usual time, I looked out those glass doors. As usual I had that odd feeling when I saw Timothy with his friends. Then, I looked at Timothy's desk to find that he left his phone on his desk. Feeling the need to return the favor of being nice, I snatched it up and went out the door to look for Timothy and his friends. They were walking on the sidewalk a couple yards away.

I remember giving him the phone, and he said something, I don't remember what it was, but it made me feel happy. But then there was fear as I looked behind him to see a car veering off the road straight at us. I heard that dude, Jon was his name, say 'look out' and then...nothing. I strained to think about anything else that could help but...I couldn't...

"Well, well. What do we have here..." I heard a voice from behind. I opened my eyes and what I saw put fear in my heart. I was literally in what looked to be a barren wasteland, there was nothing that caught my eye, except for some tall rocky mountains in the distance.

"What in God's name...?" I muttered. Where was I? Was this a dream?

"Hello? Anyling home?" Another voice said. 'Anyling'? I turned around, which felt weird for some reason, and my eyes widened. There, in front of me, were two changelings from the show that I liked so much. Their carapaces were black as night and their eyes were a greenish color. They had a horn and those bug like wings, as well as some fangs.

"Holy shit..." I whispered.

"What's the matter? You act like you've never seen a changeling before..." The one on the right said. "Considering you are one."

It took me a second to realize what he said. Scared to find out, I looked down...I was a changeling, a goddamn changeling. 'Tell me this is a dream', I thought.

"Buck me..." I heard one of them say, I looked back up to see them staring at me. "She's a queen!”

"Wait...what?!" I said aloud. I was a what now?! My voice even sounded feminine! My mind was racing...

"What should we do?" One of them asked the other.

"Contact the queen, she'll know," the other said.

My eyes widened again. Queen?! They don't mean...

They were silent for a second. Then they opened their eyes. Suddenly, I heard a pop and a light briefly made my eyes closed. When I opened them, I was shocked to the core. Standing right in front of me, was Queen Chrysalis. My jaw dropped, this was not good. She was towering over me. Her hair was a dark blue and her eyes glowed a bright green. Her horn was long and crooked and she had a bunch of holes on her legs. Now that I thought about it, the other two had holes in their legs too.

At last she spoke up, "A young queen, in the middle of nowhere? Interesting. What is your name?" She said in a commanding tone. It took all of my willpower not to piss myself.

"J...Jeffrey," I said quietly. But she still heard me.

"Jeffrey? What kind of name is that?" One of the changelings spoke.

Chrysalis glared at him, and he immediately shut up. She spoke again, "So, where is your hive?"

This question caught me off guard. Hive? "I...I don't have one..."

"What?" Chrysalis said. "A queen without a hive? Not very common. Especially a young one such as yourself."

Again that caught me off guard, how young was I? Even the two drones stood above me. Then Chrysalis started walking over, presumably to look me over, but I was scared so I panicked a bit. By a bit I mean somehow shooting a beam of energy at Chrysalis from my horn. She must have not expected it because it slammed right into her and she was launched back literally miles away.

The two drones just stared at me. I think they were the ones about to piss now. Then they said something like, 'Queen' and 'Wait for us!', and ran off. I watched them go out of sight.

"Holy Celestia..." I heard a somehow familiar voice from behind me. I jumped a bit and turned around to come face to face with Princess Cadance and her husband, Captain Shining Armor. There were quite a few other guards as well, I counted at least a dozen, plus the chariots behind them.

Then Princess Cadance stepped forward, "Is your name really Jeffrey?"

I was taken aback yet again as I nodded, "How did you-"

"We were listening to your conversation with Chrysalis," she said. "We used an invisibility spell to cloak us but..."

"But what?" I asked.

"This might sound out there, but are you a human?" She asked.

My eyes widened, here I was, a closet brony, in the land of Equestria. Sent here by God knows what and turned into a young changeling queen. Now I was being questioned by one of the four princesses who somehow knew who I was. I timidly nodded.

"H...how did you know?"

"Your friend Timothy told us," she said.

Man, this day couldn't get any crazier, could it? For some reason, I felt immense joy in hearing that Timothy was here, I wasn't alone.

"So you talked to him?" I asked.

Cadance shook her head, "Princess Luna talked to him in his dreams. She telepathically communicated with us as he told her everything. How you saved Timothy by pushing him out of the way of the speeding car. Very brave of you."

"Um...thanks," I said, still recovering from shock.

She chuckled, "It's understandable that you might be shocked as to coming to our world. After all, it's not everyday you end up in a world you thought wasn't real."

I nodded, and then realized what she said, "So you know that you're from a TV show?"

She frowned, "I wouldn't say we are from the TV show. Princess Celestia says it has something to do with the multiverse."

The multiverse huh? Now it is starting to sound like a fanfiction...though to be honest, this all seems like it would fit right into a fanfiction.

"So," Shining Armor finally spoke. "Did you watch the show?"

"Um..." For some reason, I felt awkward admitting to these ponies that I basically watched them without them knowing. To heck with it, "Yeah."

Then I had another question, "Do you guys hate changelings?"

They looked at each other, "We don't exactly hate the changeling race," Shining Armor said. "Though a lot of them are not very nice, they live on different emotions, some need love, like Chrysalis’ hive, so they need to survive somehow. There's a couple queens that are fairly nice though."

Suddenly I heard buzzing and I turned around to see nightmare fuel. At least 50 changelings plus one queen were coming at me. That is, until Queen Chrysalis noticed the Princess. Immediately, the entire group came to a halt in front of me. Of course I was shaking as if it was below zero degrees. I looked at Chrysalis as she managed to get rid of that terrifying glare. I was then gently pushed aside as Cadance walked towards Chrysalis with a brilliant poker face.

“Chrysalis,” she said sternly.

“Cadance,” Chrysalis responded. “I was just going to have a little chat with this here young one.” Chrysalis looked at me with those cold eyes of hers.

“I am sorry Chrysalis, but this queen is under our protection,” Cadance kept her poker face at max level.

“Ah, harboring queens now are we?” Chrysalis said, with a slight hint of anger.

“If that’s the way you want to think of it, sure. However,” Cadance got really close to Chrysalis. “If you so much as touch her, you’ll have to answer to not just me, but the other princesses too.”

Chrysalis was silent, her eyes getting ever so angrier. I was worried she might attack, but eventually she just grunted, “Whatever.” Then she flew off, her changelings following her in perfect formation.

Once she disappeared from view, I breathed a sigh of relief, “Thank God.” But that did make me wonder, why did she back off so easily? I didn’t have much time to think about it as Cadance walked back up to me.

“You okay?” She asked. I pondered that question, was I really okay? If this isn’t a dream, which there’s a 1 percent chance that it is at this point, then I have literally been stripped from my world and put into one that has been a major part of my life. But I never in a million years would’ve thought that this was a reality. On top of that, I’ve been put in an unfamiliar body. Plus I’m a girl now, wonderful. Yet there was hope, Timothy was here, for some reason I was happy about that. Knowing that I had a friend here. Wait, friend? I never thought about it, but he was the closest thing to a friend that I’ve ever had.

“Jeffrey?” I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name. I looked up to see Cadance looking at me. “Are you okay?”

It took another second, but I finally said yes. “Good,” she said. “We’d better get back to the castle.”

I nodded, and we all loaded up onto the chariot. I took one last look back towards where Chrysalis came from, and we took off. My mind was whirling with thoughts, but the thought that came back the most was, am I really okay? Yes, I may not be in the best of positions, but I wasn’t alone, Timothy was here. My friend.

Jon’s POV

The first thing I felt when I woke up was grass. Why was I on grass? Why do I feel weird, like seriously weird? Then the memories came like a bowling ball to the face. I had met Tim with Cassandra and we were walking to his house when Jeffrey came up and gave Tim his phone. Tim asked him something and I heard sirens, I looked behind us and saw a car veer off the road straight at us. I yelled a warning and pushed Cassandra out of the way. Then the car hit me and darkness happened. I must be in the hospital, that’s why I feel weird… Then why am I so scared to open my eyes?

I hear something rustling in the bushes. Wait, bushes? What kind of hospital has bushes? Finally, I decide to open my eyes.

“Tell me this is a dream,” I pleaded. I was in a flipping forest, and it didn’t feel like a regular forest. It felt sinister. My legs were shaking as I stood up, then fell back down. “Wha?”

I realized my legs weren’t shaking because I was scared, but because I wasn’t human anymore. I was a...what was I? I had the head and neck of an eagle and my front legs were that of a bird's. Meanwhile, the rest of my body was shaped like a lion. Of course, I had wings, as if this couldn’t get any crazier.

“I must be dreaming,” I muttered. Then I decided to do something really stupid. I banged my face against a tree. As soon as I did so, I remembered a crucial detail about my new body, I had a beak. Immediately, pain shot into my beak from both the force of the impact and hardness of the tree. Of course I yelled in pain as I clutched my beak with my talons.

I sat there with tears in my eyes as I wished for this nightmare to end. Suddenly, I heard rustling from the bushes.

“What now?” I said, starting to get scared.

The shaking of the bushes continued. Until something finally poked it’s head out, a chicken. “Thank God, I said, just a chicken.”

That relief was quickly replaced with fear as the chicken came out. It was then I realized two things. One, it wasn’t a chicken, two, I was screwed. It had the head of a chicken but also a green serpent body. It had wings and bird legs as well. It gradually came closer and closer, and I kept going backwards, eventually I bumped into a tree. What would it do to me? It prepared to strike and I closed my eyes and held out my claws to try and block it. Suddenly, I felt a weird sensation that's traveled from my body to my arms and finally talons. Then, nothing.

I opened my eyes to see a very surprising sight. The chicken thing was frozen solid, lying on the ground. “What in the world…”

Who did that? Then I looked down at my talons. They were really freaking cold. And had mist coming out from them. I did?! What in the world was going on?! Then I heard a cracking sound, the ice was cracking! That was my cue to get on outta there! Quickly, I ran through the bushes until I saw a bright light. I kept going faster and closed my eyes, hoping for this to be over. Then, I felt another sensation, as if I was...falling...shit. I opened my eyes to find that I was headed straight down to a river at the bottom of a ravine. This is gonna hurt.

Then I splashed into the water, my body stinging from the contact. Eventually, after floating a bit, I reached land. For a while I just laid there, eyes closed, until I heard a shout.

“Over here, I found somepony!” I heard a male voice say. I opened my eyes to see ponies to my left. “P...ponies?!” I muttered. “Don’t tell me I’m there.” Out of all the places I could be…

One of the ponies, a purple one with wings and a horn, spoke. “Are you okay?”

“Just dandy,” I said sarcastically. “Either I’m dreaming, or I’ve been transported to the world of a little girl’s show.”

The pony flinched at that statement, then I realized I sounded like a jerk. “Sorry,” I sighed. “I haven’t been having the best of days.”

She smiled slightly at that, “I understand.” She then decided to change the subject. “So you must be Jon, right?”

If I were drinking something at that moment I would’ve literally spat it out. “H...how do you know that?”

“Your friend Timothy told us,” she said as if that solved all my problems. Though, at least I wasn’t alone. But the question is why was I here, why was Timothy here? There’s no way this is a dream. What else did Timothy tell them anyways? I honestly didn’t know if I could trust these ponies.

“So…” she said, awkwardly trying to make idle chit chat. “Did you watch the show?”

So Timothy told them they were in the show? Geez, Tim, tell them anything else? I decided to go with the honest truth. “Well, no."

“Why not?” She asked.

“Because it’s for kids,” Immediately I realized what I just said and facepalmed. That response came naturally to me as Cassandra asks me it all the time. Her response was to flinch again.

“Damn, I did it again. I didn’t mean to say that, it’s just my natural response to that question,” this time though, she didn’t say anything. Wow, I am officially an a-hole. Trying to change the subject, I said, “What’s your name?”

“Princess Twilight Sparkle,” she said flatly.

Princess?! I just insulted a princess?! Wonderful. “Crap, I am sorry Your Highness, I definitely did not mean to insult you!”

I heard a snicker from one of the other ponies, who appeared to be guards, as Twilight’s face turned red.

“I...it’s okay Jon. No harm done, and please call me Twilight.”

“O...okay,” I said. I was definitely relieved to know that I wasn’t about to be thrown into the dungeon, but also kinda embarrassed, I might’ve overreacted by the looks of it. “So, now what? I’m assuming you came looking for me for a reason?”

“Well, yes,” she said. “We came on orders of Princess Celestia, she wants the four of you at the castle.”

“Ok,” I said. “Wait...four?”

“Oh, yes,” Twilight said. “Your friends Cassandra and Jeffrey are here as well.”

Oh boy, everybody's here, and they’re gonna see me in this body. Wonderful.

“How’d you end up down the river?” Twilight asked, taking out a notepad. I was confused as to why she was taking notes, but whatever.

“Well, I woke up in that creepy forest,” I started. “I felt weird so I looked at myself, and found out that I was whatever I am now.”

“Griffin,” Twilight said.

“Pardon?” I said.

“You’re a griffin,” she repeated.

“Oh, anyways,” I said. “I heard rustling in the bushes and this weird snake chicken thing came out of them.”

Twilight looked shocked, “You saw a cockatrice?!”

“Um...yeah, if that’s what it’s called. So it jumped at me and I braced myself. But when nothing happened, I opened my eyes and the freaking thing was frozen! My talons were also generating mist. I think I froze it.”

“Impossible,” she said.

“But then the ice started cracking and I made a break for it, eventually I accidentally fell into the ravine and floated down here.”

Twilight’s eyes were wide open, the guards looked shocked as well. “But...but that’s impossible! Griffins can’t freeze things!"

“Well, I did. Can we get going though? I am kind of cold from being so wet.”

“Alright,” Twilight said. “But I have a lot of questions for you.”

We stepped onto the chariots that the guards used, and started flying. It was then I regretted everything, as I was afraid of heights. I leaned on their railing, hoping the other three were faring better.

Author's Note:

It's finally here! After a couple writer's blocks and some life problems, not to mention school starting up, I have done it! Anyways, constructive criticism welcome as usual. And of course, thanks for reading! Next chapter the heroes reunite, but lots of questions are to be answered!