• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,246 Views, 8 Comments

The most (un)loved - DarkW0lf5



A teenager seems he's a failure... until he departs for Equestria. His new life begins.

  • ...
13
 8
 1,246

It's Now or Never

After a hard but exciting training session today I was allowed to return to Ponyville. I feel so good in presence of all those ponies, they really helped me become happy and smiling.

“Hurry up, your train isn’t gonna wait.” Shining Armor exclaimed, as I was nearly finished with packing my stuff.

Apparently, I didn’t have too much stuff to pack, just a few suits and books. Celestia told me I can keep them, these were about the most recent history of Equestria. I can say it was an interesting book, I started reading it yesterday at night, shortly before falling asleep.

Once I was at the train station waiting for my train, I took a look on one of my books. Certainly, it was really interesting. Thanks Celestia I was accompanied by her in persona.

As soon the train to Ponyville has arrived, I waved goodbye to both Princess Celestia and Shining Armor. “I hope we will see again. You’re invited to Crystal Empire, so come at any time you want!” They both yelled.

I was one of the last ponies to board the train.

“Friendship Express leaves soon from the station. Next stop is Ponyville.” Voice from speakers explained. “Please keep back from the track.”

Princess Celestia yet came close to a car I was settling in.

“Remember, we all love you.” She said. “Please say hello to your friends from us.”

“LAST CALL!” Conductor yelled. “Friendship Express, destination Dodge City, stopping at Ponyville!”

Some more ponies boarded the train, until the doors were finally closed. With a loud hiss of steam, the train started to run on its track.

Way to Ponyville

I was accommodating in my car after the train just departed from Canterlot. The beds were soft, I could just sit down and look out my window, to see how Canterlot looked from a distance.

Majestic.

Ponyville train station

“Friendship Express from Canterlot arrives shortly at the platform. Please keep back from the track.” The announcer pony called.

“This must be the train Alex has boarded. I can’t wait to see him again!” Sunset Shimmer yelled with a smile.

“Ohhh, getting cozy with Alex, already?” Pinkie Pie said.

Sunset Shimmer frowned. “He certainly saved me, but… I don’t know what to say.” She let then a small sigh of frustration. “I just… can’t hold it anymore.” With these words, she started crying.

Twilight Sparkle came closer and hugged her gently. “I believe he will do something to cheer you up. He was alone for a really long time, now I think it’s his time to cheer up the lonely ponies.”

“I agree with you, Twi.” Rainbow Dash got into the discussion.

Soon, all ponies heard a noise. Steam was shooting out of the train’s exhaust as it was gradually slowing downwith grace.

“The train is here!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

Arriving to Ponyville

I was preparing to leave the train soon, it was slowly approaching Ponyville. I could already see the town’s train station in a little distance.
With my bag on my side, I stood near the door. “Welcome again. Ponyville… I’m coming back.” I felt really good to see my friends again.

The train came to a stop few seconds later, with a loud steam hiss and wheels braking… The doors soon opened, and I swiftly pulled my luggage out of the car.

“Oh, heavens…” I sighed, trying to pull my luggage out of the train. “Hello, girls! I missed you already!”

“Thanks Celestia you’re back.” Twilight shouted. “We’ve arrived just to say you hello. Soon, we’ll be all busy doing our work.”

“What would it be?” I asked curiously.

Pinkie Pie gave me a sly look. “You’ll see!” She yelled. However, soon went possibly… wrong.

Her jaw dropped a bit, she began to try to catch a good breath, before…

“Ah… You… ACHOOOOOOOOOOO!!” With a loud sneeze, confetti shot out of Pinkie’s nose. Which, obviously, made me laugh really hard.

Pinkie Pie returned to senses with a big smile. “I’m making the best cakes Ponyville could ever see!”

“We got a customer who ordered a surprise party tonight…” Sunset Shimmer explained. “Thanks to Twilight I bet nothing will go wrong.”

“I see… what’s the plan, now?” I asked politely.

“We will have lots of work until tonight.” Applejack told me.

“Spike agreed to stay with you throughout the day.” Twilight added.

“And I guess my sister will bring her friends to accompany you to Sweet Apple Acres.” Rarity said.

“Remember, get a good sleep if you want to come there.” Rainbow Dash told. “The party is gonna be long.”

Castle of Friendship

“Okay, what’s with Sunset Shimmer, girls?” I asked.

“I must go, too. But I hope you will arrive there.” Sunset replied.

I decided to not waste time and hugged her warmly. “Thank you, Alex… you’re seriously a good boy.” She said as I held her in my arms.

Soon the girls were out. It means I’m now just with Spike until tonight.

I sighed. Deep inside, I felt so strange. “Spike… I think… I’m in love.” I shrugged.

Spike gasped. “Seriously, when you saved that girl… first I thought… if you were hated in your home world…”

“Equestria is my home!” I added.

“Sorry, no offence… in this another world of yours… you weren’t liked, right? You feared everything will go wrong?”

“That’s right… but I found the courage… the same courage I had to perform my Sonic Rainboom…” I replied. “I am truly in love.”

I headed straight to my bedroom and prepared for a siesta.

“Okay, Spike… when the girls arrive, please wake me up. I will most likely have to take a shower after getting up.”

“Okie-dokie-lokie.” He replied.

I laid down on bed and closed my eyes.

“Have sweet dreams, Alex.”

The doors closed silently. Now I drifted in my deep sleep.

Sweet Apple Acres

“Like I said.” Twilight shrugged. “I hope we have enough juice and tea… and… right, our chocolate cake made by Pinkie Pie…”

“Twilight…” Sunset soon joined the group who was discussing the plan. “I need to talk to you somewhere… private.”

“Well… girls, carry on. I need to talk with a guest for a while.

The girls nodded. Twilight walked away from her team, soon joined by Sunset Shimmer.

“I appreciate your idea to organize this welcome party for him… apparently…” Sunset said quietly. “I need to confess about something.”

“Tell me anything. Is something… troubling you?” Twilight asked, seeing how Sunset Shimmer was looking like if she was troubled.

“Alex…”
“What’s the matter with him?”

“He… he’s… I’m in love with him.”

Soon, Sunset Shimmer broke in tears, and cried loudly. “But I don’t know if he feels the same for me!”

Twilight was slightly surprised. “Hm… you need a lot of patience. I think he’s a nice pony, we all think he’s a nice pony. Don’t you remember the evening he brought you here? When he saved you from those bullies?”

Sunset Shimmer remained silent for a while. “I hope he feels the same for me…”

Few hours later, Castle of Friendship

“YAWN.” I shrugged with a big yawn. “S-spike…? Do you…”

“Good evening. Ready to go?” Spike said. “Oh, dear… Maybe you want this fresh… apple juice?”

“Sure…”

I got up from my bed. I felt slightly stirred, my mane was scruffy, so was my tail. “Do I… look…”

“Well, just your scruffy mane and tail. Did you have any nightmares?” Spike asked with a worried look.

“No… I’m nervous…” I replied.

“What? Why are you nervous?”

I frowned. “I don’t know… what she feels about me…”

Spike sighed. “Don’t worry about it. Now, what about going to the spa?”

“YOU HAVE A SPA IN PONYVILLE?!” I screamed with a big surprise.

“Of course we have! But first…”

“Shower. Yes! Will do it!” I yelled, before going to my bathroom.

“Okie-dokie-lokie” was Spike’s only answer for this. “In meantime, I will do something to eat.”

Castle lounge

Spike was now done with his lunch, and… now he’s patiently waiting until I will come out of bathroom. Indeed, he was now along with the Cutie Mark Crusaders: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“I know it’s gonna be alright for him.” Apple Bloom started. “He’s so nice… I hope he won’t be sad anymore.”

“Yeah, I asked him if he wants to go to our Day Spa.” Spike sighed. “Would you like to come as well, girls?”

“Yeah, I need to get my hooves polished.” Scootaloo said.

“Certainly he NEEDS to relax. And full of energy for tonight.” Sweetie Belle told.

Soon I walked to the lounge.

“Hi Spike. Hi girls.” I said with a slight worry. I soon sat down and began eating my dinner. “Ready for tonight?”

“Yeah.” The girls called together. “Why are you so worried?” Scootaloo asked me.

“If she says she doesn’t love me… oh, no! I will be so dead…” I said.

“Listen, man! I know it’s hard to experience the first time… you need to try!!!” Apple Bloom yelled.

Soon I finished my meal.

“Won’t ya eat more?” Spike asked me.

“I’m not hungry.” I replied. “Can we go to the Day Spa?”

“There we go.” Spike said.

Ponyville Day Spa

For our today’s visit to spa, I decided to take a warm bubble bath, I ordered some back massage for later, while Scootaloo had her hooves polished.

“Remember, Sunset Shimmer has changed a lot from that time I last met her, actually.” Spike told me. “And I’m sure she likes you. Really.”

I was still frowned. “I’m… I’m not so sure, Spike… I’m so afraid…”

“Afraid of what?” Sweetie Belle asked me.

“What if Equestria is the same as the world I came from?” I said quickly. “I don’t want to be rejected again!”

“Equestria is a whole different thing!” Apple Bloom told firmly. “You can’t act like that… important is that you’re yourself. Right?”

“Right… but I kinda feel like I’m not myself anymore…” I sighed. “Like if… I seemed to be nice, but inside, you are a demon…”

“Oh, shut up. This is NEVER going to happen!” Spike told me slightly annoyed.

“And… somepony is gonna change your life. Forever.” A spa pony told me. “You ordered a massage, boy.”

“Oh, yes. Nearly forgot.” I answered. I walked out of the bath and lied down on a chair. “Then… I wonder where all inhabitants are gone.”

“I think it has to do with the party tonight. What else can it be!” Scootaloo added. “I was helping Rainbow Dash with the weather.”

“But… seriously, can you fly?” I asked her.

“No, but I caught the idea.”

“We will have a lot of guests.” Sweetie Belle said swiftly, with an encouraging smile.

“Um… how many?” I asked.

“LOTS. You will meet my cousin, Babs Seed.” Apple Bloom joined a word. “And our sweet school teacher, Miss Cheerilee…”

“My parents are gonna come too.” Sweetie Belle told me. These words, however, began a new situation.

Apple Bloom’s smile turned into a deep frown.

“Apple Bloom… mind if I ask… why are you sad?”

She then sniffed. “My parents… mah sister told me they would be proud of my cutie mark.”

“I see… do they live somewhere you haven’t been to?”

“No… I’m sorry to tell you…”

Apple Bloom started crying.

“What happened?”

“They… wish I could see them… when I was just a filly… I couldn’t bear it… they’re DEAD.”

With these words, I remained totally shocked. Applejack’s parents… dead. It makes her the only from the Mane Six whose parents have passed long ago… Deep inside, I felt a real urge to hug Apple Bloom, and so I did. I hugged her gently and patted her little head.

“Oh, you poor thing…” I said to her ears. Apparently, other ponies heard it too.

Sweetie Belle was the first to notice, soon joined by Spike and Scootaloo.

“Now I’m convinced. You’re not cruel… you’re a truly sensitive and caring pony…” Sweetie Belle said. “I knew it from the first time I saw you.”

“Do you?” I asked.

Suddenly, the doors shot wide open, revealing a gray coated pony with turquoise eyes. She surprisingly to me was not shocked. She wasn’t smiling. Instead…

…she was emotionless.

“My dear ponies.” She said. “My sister has sent me to retrieve you. She wants to see you right now at Sweet Apple Acres.”

I stood up from the chair. “Thanks for your service. I hope we’ll have a chance to be here again… maybe?”

“Let’s not waste our time, dudes.” Spike called.

Road to Sweet Apple Acres

“I can’t believe it. Why it’s so quiet? By night, I thought, Ponyville used to be full of life!” I asked with a little of disbelief.

“I guess friends have asked them for help organizing the surprise party.” Apple Bloom answered. “And no! Stop worrying! It’s gonna be great!!!”’

“You’re about to take part in Ponyville’s greatest party… well.” Spike cleared his throat. “We were working on that thing for a long time. Actually, it was Pinkie’s idea…”
“So… nobody actually ordered this party?” I asked, slightly worried. “I thought it was…”
“Nobody planned a party, except for Pinkie.” Scootaloo told. “Besides… wow, it’s getting darker.”

Sweet Apple Acres

When we arrived to the farm, it was dark everywhere. Deaf silence everywhere. Like if the place was deserted.

“Brace yourself, Alex.” Sweetie Belle told me. “There are things everywhere.”

I was still a little afraid. Besides, along with Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I could still be safe. Suddenly…

All the lights turned on, the music started playing… Confetti burst from the cannons, and a colorful and bright rainbow appeared over the sky…

SURPRISE!!!” Everypony yelled.

“To honor the arrival of our new member of Ponyville.” A voice called. “Alex… glad you arrived!”

“Oh, thanks for such a warm welcoming, Twilight Sparkle!” I yelled. Soon, I was hugged by Sunset Shimmer. “Oh, dear… what it could be if I didn’t save you!?”

“I bet you would be still so sad.” Applejack told me.

“And… one question. Who was that party thrown for?” I asked.

Pinkie Pie let out a big smile. “It’s all for YOU!” She yelled.

I was shocked. A party… thrown for me… I couldn’t hold it anymore and let a tear of joy. “Thank you… you brought me so much joy to my life…”

Soon, I took a better look. There was a stage in a little distance, so I thought there was a kind of play coming soon, but now, it was occupied by Vinyl Scratch (aka. DJ Pon-3) along with Octavia, who was playing her cello like I never heard.

On a corner, I saw Derpy Hooves behind a stand with muffins. Cheerilee was standing just next to the stage, entertaining some school age ponies.

“Oh, sweet Celestia… thank you, girls!” I said again. I was about to hug the girls, when suddenly…

POOF! A bright light soon zapped, and now Princess Celestia was standing next to me, along with Princess Luna.

“We want to thank you, Twilight Sparkle. Sincerely…” Celestia stated. “It is my pleasure to see you again. And you too, Alex.”

“Thank you, Princess… I don’t know what my life would be if I was still…”

“I know, my dear. You really deserved a chance.” Fluttershy told me soon.

“I really feel appreciated…” I continued. “And it’s thanks to you, my friends…”

Somewhere in Ponyville

At the same time, a couple of unicorns roamed through the empty streets of Ponyville. They looked like if they were up to no good. They looked most likely angry.

“Nice view, right?” A stallion said.

“Quiet… all I wanted to be was somewhere… quiet…” The mare replied. “Except that wild party… I hope they don’t like him.”

“Yeah, what would you expect from… all these… foolish ponies!” The stallion explained. “*Sigh* They don’t know who they should respect…”

“Yeah… who else they wanted to be friends of… Gregorios. Do you think our son is here?”

“Wherever that portal has brought us…” The stallion (now known as Gregorios) replied. “He must be somewhere… in this stupid little land…”

“Right… what we’re gonna do?”

“First… we need to blackmail him, Julia.”

Julia nodded. “Well… so he’ll think these were… foals from that school… They don’t learn anything.”

“You’re totally right.”

They both laughed in an evil manner.

“First… we need to check this party, but be careful! Alex cannot notice us, else we’re screwed.” Julia whispered, giggling devilishly. “He will fail anyways… he always does…”

“Sure thing, Julia.” Gregorios said. “To blackmail him, we need to use different ponies… all these innocent foals are good for it…”
They soon started laughing sinister.

Canterlot

“Princess Celestia? Wake up!” A voice called.

Celestia got up with a loud yawn. “Wha… What is it, Shining Armor?” She said.

Shining Armor was visibly worried. “We have… we took to notice that… new ponies are in Ponyville… I guess they were looking for somepony…”

“Oh yeah?” Celestia shrugged. “Go. You seriously need to relax.”

Sweet Apple Acres

The party went on. In just a few minutes, we’re about to have a fashion show made by Rarity.

“Mares and gentlecolts, in a few minutes we will have an occasion to watch the latest suits created by our fabulous Rarity!” Mayor Mare exclaimed. “Next we have a re-enactment of Hearth’s Warming.”

“Wow… it sounds beautiful…” I shrugged. “I’m forward to it.”

Then, I cuddled up to Sunset Shimmer’s chest. I really think I’m in love. She indeed is the girl of my dreams. Soon, I realized I forgot to tell the girls something.

“Girls… one more thing, I nearly forgot.” I said swiftly.

“Tell us.”

“Well… please be careful with me, I’m autistic.” I told them.

Twilight soon stood next to me. “My dear… we don’t care for this little thing. All we care about is that… you are our friend. I’m really happy… we are truly happy to be your friends.”

I smiled.

Not so far away at the farm

The two unicorns were now about to trespass the farm boundaries.

“He must be there… if others are not at homes…” Gregorios said. “And considering there is that huge party…”

“Look, it’s not so far from here.” Julia said. “Let’s go, but be careful. Nobody can notice us.”

“Or should we say… nopony?”

“Right said. And…”

“Nobody can notice us!”

Julia and Gregorios proceeded carefully, with great care on every detail. Examining every step they took, walking silently on a soft ground (obviously, it muted their hoof steps). And, to their big surprise, they were able to use magic.

At the party

The party was still going, and the night was good. A light breeze was accompanied by the warm atmosphere reigning along the show.

Soon, I remembered about something. Something really sensitive… requiring a lot of care and gentleness…

“Sunset… please… come with me…” I begged.

Sunset nodded with a smile and walked along. I decided to gallop, soon Sunset also galloped along.

Somepony, however, watched me and Sunset galloping away from the party.

“Look… is this… filthy winged unicorn?” Julia whispered.

“I wonder who is that pony… and there’s even a mare following him…” Gregorios shrugged. “Let’s see.”

Fields outside Ponyville

Watching the full moon right now was indeed really exciting. Especially being with Sunset Shimmer… she is, in fact, beautiful.

“I’m just happy that you saved my life.” She said to me.

“I was indeed nervous that moment…” I whispered. “I thought I would be again… heartless… since I was a really failed kid… insensitive to someone else’s pain… and indeed I was really delicate to other’s offences…”

I hugged Sunset gently, wrapping her neck in my arms and petting her beautiful, red and yellow mane.

Soon, I frowned. “I don’t know… what you will think about it…”

“Say… you know, you’re in a different world now… we will never leave you alone behind.”

I took a deep breath. “I… I…” I said with a really shy tone. Sunset looked surprised.

“Why are you shy? Tell me…”

“I love you… I knew you were the one. I just… felt it when I first saw you… but I was afraid to tell you…”

Sunset turned my head to face me, she now had tears in her eyes. Tears… of pure joy. “I love you too, Alex…” She sighed.

I was astonished, it hit me like a ton of bricks. She really loves me… Sunset feels the same for me… oh, how could I be so afraid! I felt kinda stupid.

I leaned forward to her and gave a sweet kiss on her cheek. She soon pulled my face closer, and we both kissed each other.

Unknown to me, some strange unicorns were observing us.

“Is he… in love?” Julia said and gasped.

“Shhh! Quiet! We don’t want him to notice us… is he really our son?” Gregorios soon added.

“Look at his cutie mark… a quill and some stars… is he a writer?”

“Did you notice how he ran away? Followed by that… filthy girl?”

“Yes! It’s him! He’s here… and happy… but soon, he’s not gonna be so happy… we know who he should marry.”

Julia laughed silently. So did Gregorios. “We will keep under our surveillance… he shouldn’t be ever happy, he’s a born failure… the girl is certainly going to break up with him after a few days… quick! He’s moving!”

My parents soon walked away in an unknown direction.

Few minutes later. Sweet Apple Acres

We now returned to the party, which was slowly coming to an end.

“And, to make a good ending to our party, we decided to add some… really important guests.” Mayor Mare called. “To ensure nobody will miss the most interesting part of our party… we give you fifteen minutes to gather before our stage.”

I was finally happy… Sunset Shimmer truly loves me… she even kissed me… Oh, I was really happy, she changed my life into a better life…

Soon, Princess Celestia approached me. “Is everything okay, my dear?” She asked.

“Princess… I never felt so happy in my entire life… she loves me…” I said with tears in my eyes.

“I hope it will last a long time.” She replied before going further.

I turned my head to face Sunset Shimmer. “It was the best night of my life.” I said.

“And mine too.” She replied.

The Mane Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders soon approached us as well.

“I’m happy that you indeed are happy together.” Twilight said.

“I was afraid that she will reject me… but she made me the happiest pony ever…” I replied.

“My parents also were worried if one of them will reject the another.”

Soon, Mayor Mare appeared on the stage. “To the last point of our party. Please welcome our beloved guests, who promised long ago to protect us. Our good ponies who swore to keep us all safe. Welcome our Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna!”

The Princesses appeared on the stage with all their glory and beauty.

“Once again, the shortest night of the year has ended.” Princess Celestia said.

“And the longest day of the year… begins.” Princess Luna added.

“I’m happy that I can do it in honor of the return of the good Princess Luna to us.”

“And we’re both happy to do it for one special pony present here. The hero of Equestria. Who we knew he would be arriving.” Both Princesses said.

The most important event started. Princess Luna used her magic to lower the moon. Along, Princess Celestia used her own magic to gracefully raise the sun.

It took maybe a while, but the show ended as beautiful as the night was. Nothing else could be more beautiful. And being along with Sunset Shimmer… this made me truly happy.

Soon, Mayor Mare stood up again on the stage. “Citizens of Ponyville, we want to thank you for being present on this special party… and thank to our Mane Six for making it possible to do. Alex…” Now she turned attention to me. “You are and you will always remain our hero. Brave, yet sensitive and caring. Thank you for arriving.”

I smiled as everypony was clapping their hooves.

Author's Note:

It is. Seems like somepony doesn't appreciate the bond between Alex and Sunset Shimmer... and what they're up to?