• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,246 Views, 8 Comments

The most (un)loved - DarkW0lf5



A teenager seems he's a failure... until he departs for Equestria. His new life begins.

  • ...
13
 8
 1,246

Beginnings

Outside my own home

Morning. Another, boring morning! I wake up as any other day, with my left leg. Oh my God, I wonder when this will have an end. By the way, my name is Alex, I’m an 18 years old guy living in a dull city in Poland. All I can say about me – I’m the most hated man in this world. Not only I was hated. In fact, I understood that my life is pointless and very miserable. My school life was, in just one word, a failure. People just ignored me, turned their eyes away from me and… yes, I had mostly F’s from top to bottom. The only thing I am good, is gymnastics, just because I’m always willing to do anything.

It was a very rainy, stormy… gray Tuesday evening. It rained heavily and there was no electricity in most of the city since last night because of the storm. Lightning bolts reaching down to the ground… and I was supposed to go to my art lessons. Only to discover my teacher won’t be present today. Luckily I had a bike, so I decided to go somewhere… I knew about.

An antique shop. I was there last week when I saw a mirror. However, it was written “do not touch” on a sheet attached to it. So I thought it was fragile. The point was, I liked to watch myself reading books in it, it was the only thing I really liked. Reading books was my favorite thing, and my imagination… it was one of the things people did not like within me. To make things worse, they just thought that the world was only one – as opposed to what I used to think until I gave up this idea.

To make sure this mirror was really not to be touched, I touched the frame with just my finger very gently, then I grabbed a bird feather from my pocket. It was indeed a mirror like any other mirrors, for me – unimportant from theory. However, something happened from inside. I could hear something. Voices. Soon, I found a parchment on a nearby table. It was written:

Tonight, a few minutes before midnight, the portal will be open. If you’re reading it, YOU are the chosen one. Just hide yourself in the toilet before the shop is closing.

A portal? Okay. If I’m a chosen one, I moved near the toilet rooms. Few hours passed and I moved to the men’s toilet room, without turning the lights on. Soon, the music was turned off and the last doors were closed. I fell asleep. But before I did it, I set my phone to ring gently somewhere before midnight.

And again several hours passed. My phone rang at 11.45pm. Now the hardest point. Is there a point to cross the portal by entering the mirror, if I’m the unloved, unwanted kid? From the other side, nobody knew me there, so I could give up my old life here. I won’t have to worry about anybody from there…

“Certainly. If I was hated even there, I’d really… kill myself…” I said. The portal was open. “Remember, don’t freak out, Alex. One mistake can be your last.”

And then was a jump into the mirror. Sucked by a vortex. It was dark… very dark… It was just a matter of few seconds before I fell to the ground, losing consciousness.

Outside of Fluttershy’s cottage


I woke up just a few hours later. And it was again morning. But, one thing has changed. I wasn’t in the shop anymore. And I knew where I really was.

“Fluttershy’s cottage!” I yelled. “But… oh no, another nightmare!” I decided to punch myself in face. After a moment of daze, I quickly assumed it was not a nightmare. And that I am a pony. Maybe… an Earth pony, nothing else. I laid down and burst into tears.

“Holy God… I’m so alone… like it was…” I yelled. I felt an emptiness in my heart. If I was the most hated, I had no friends. “But please, have mercy for me… I really know what friendship is… but how to tell it if I my life was miserable?”

Soon, I felt somebody… no, somepony laid next to me.

“What happened? Why are you crying?” she asked.

“My life…” I said. “It was horrible. I was constantly being told to shut up when I had something very important to say… people did not want to befriend me… I can say even in this world I won’t find peace or understanding.”

“Oh, poor boy…” she said. “What’s your name?”

“It matters so much to you? Alex… my name is Alex. I wanted to leave my city. Earth is too cruel.”

“It matters… I’m Fluttershy, I represent the element of kindness.” Fluttershy told to me.

“Oh… nice to meet you tho…” I said with a sad tone. “But, please… don’t tell anypony that I’m here… and do not make me see any mirror. I think I’m an Earth pony after all.”

“No problem, my dear.” Fluttershy told me directly to my ear.

Ponyville, in a café

Nice day. Fluttershy went to Ponyville again, to meet the rest of Mane 6 in a cafeteria.

“…and the battle with Nightmare Moon!” Twilight Sparkle said. “Now it’s just funny to say that… well. Hope Zecora won’t send me again to the past, I saw it enough. Want some cake, Rarity?”

“Enough of cakes!” Rarity yelled. “I think I’m getting sick of them… and a lot of orders… you hit it. A new creation for customers in Manehattan.”

“Chill, Rarity. Your sister can help you of course.” Twilight replied.

“Okay… if I can have some cold water…” And this was Applejack, eating some apples.

Twilight turned her head to just watch Dr. Whooves with Derpy and Octavia, enjoying a fresh coconut.

“Ah… the Time Turner must have been on holidays…” Rainbow Dash mumbled. “Never mind. Gonna be on the next Wonderbolts show on Saturday!”

“By the way. Fluttershy. What was that loud bang near your house? I saw a pony who crashed…”
It was Princess Cadance.

“I promised to him I will never tell anypony of him, Your Highness.” Fluttershy answered.

“Ok. No problem.”

Fluttershy’s cottage

As I was asked to, I took care of Fluttershy’s pet rabbit called Angel. I quickly discovered that it was real fun. I think I am loved… unlike my home world where I was the most hated man ever… Oh my God, this is so beautiful! Fluttershy came back.

“Hello my dear. How ya doin’?” she asked.

“My dear…” I replied to her. “I’ve never been happier than recently… but there’s still a problem. Of friends, I have just you… no one else… now we can go to Ponyville.”

“Ehm… nice idea. I can give you a tour.”

Ponyville

The first town I’ve seen in all Equestria. It’s bigger than I thought to be. Full of ponies… literally. Some of them were entertaining others. However, soon it started. People threw some suspicious looks at me.

“Why… always… me?” I yelled.

“This is because you don’t even have a cutie mark, dear.” Fluttershy told me.

I looked on my backside. Seriously, the sight shocked me. It wasn’t about the absence of a cutie mark. It was about…

“Wings… I’m a Pegasus pony… not an Earth pony…” I said. “Let’s go to a library?”

“Of course we should! Twilight Sparkle is one of the wisest ponies you’ll ever meet!”


Twilight’s castle

“Hello? Anyone there?” Fluttershy asked, knocking the door.

“Hi Fluttershy. I’m sorry, I was… oh, sweet Celestia! You must be the new pony, right?” Twilight shouted.

“Um… yes, that’s it. But listen, I had to escape from my world… my life was… literally… horrible.” I explained. “Starting from having unloving parents… no friends… no luck… I don’t even have a girlfriend. I was a born failure there.”

“See, he’s a very handsome… Alicorn, isn’t it?” Fluttershy asked Twilight.

“WHAT?!” I screamed.

No, that can’t be possible. My jaw dropped. I think I’m a Pegasus pony.

“Why… did… you… say… ALICORN?” I asked in disbelief.

“Really, you should look into your mirror.” Twilight said.

No… I can’t be an Alicorn…

“But… this is impossible!” I yelled. “I know only Flurry Heart is a born Alicorn!”

“When you came here, you became an Alicorn too, my dear!”

I recognized this voice.

“Princess… Celestia?” I asked, again in disbelief. “No, I cannot be one!”

Suddenly, Twilight used her magic to summon a mirror. It was the moment I was left shocked. With my jaw dropped. I really am an Alicorn!

“Oh… my… GOD!” I yelled with a smile on my face. “But… I still don’t know how it was possible!”
“You see, we’ve known a lot of people who arrived there. The most normal ones became Earth ponies. The sporty ones became Pegasi. The smart ones became unicorns. But you… you were the loneliest, saddest and most damaged man in the world you lived before… You did not have friends, but you certainly stood on your ideals, no matter what people tried to tell you. I knew you will arrive here. I wrote that letter. I was hoping that you will come here. For this, you’ve certainly deserved to be an Alicorn… now it’s time to discover your talents. Once you will do it, you will get another reward.”

“So… it was you…” I said gently. “You wrote a letter to me… but what would happen here if I did not reply, if it was someone else? I’d certainly kill myself… my life was truly terrible.”

“No one else would. I just knew. I knew it would be YOU, my dear. I’d be very sad if someone else did that to deepen your sadness. If it would happen, he’d be just an Earth pony.”

“Oh… I knew what I was doing. All these things… I wanted to express my feelings through words. I wrote poems, and this is one of the few things I loved to do.”

POOF!

A puff of smoke left me very quickly. I was confused.

“What was that? Did I say anything wrong?” I asked.

“No… you had a talent before… and this is your reward!” Twilight Sparkle screamed.

I looked around until I took a look on my backside.

It was unbelievable. Once you will do it, you will get another reward. I wrote poems, and this was a talent. I got a cutie mark!

“Alex” Celestia told me. “This is your reward! You got a cutie mark!”

“And it’s not just a cutie mark…” Fluttershy told me. “It’s a quill… a Phoenix quill!”

I couldn’t hold it anymore. I wanted to jump. And shout. I was even crying from happiness.

“Oh, sweet Celestia!” I yelled in my joy. “My dear ponies… one very serious matter. You are my first true friends.”

“True. You truly deserved to have friends.” Celestia changed her tone to a firm one. “And my dearest apologies. As a Princess, I have royal duties, so I have to go. Have a good life here, Alex.”

In one moment, Celestia disappeared.

“Teleportation.” I said. “Hm… it’s gonna be useful if my wings would be broken.”

“Did you ever have any of your bones… broken? Legs, arms, anything?” Fluttershy asked with a great curiosity.

“People in my surroundings had broken legs. One had his nose broken in a bad accident playing football. But me? Never. I’m so happy to be that hard. I survived a lot of bad accidents.” I said in a firm tone. “Now… I suppose I need to get a job.”

“And we obviously don’t know what are you good at.” Twilight told.

“I’m… smart. Presumably I should find somebody who is good in magic, or has a lot of…”

I couldn’t finish my sentence. Somebody appeared in front of the round table.

“Ho, ho, ho.” Somepony said, it was a female. “New? What’s your name?”

“Um… Alex.” I replied.

“Strange… where are you from?”

“Not from here.”

“He says he’s from the real world, right?” Fluttershy asked again.

“That’s right.” I said. “So… what do you have for me?”

“Well… I guess you can go with me.”

Twilight and Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

“Okay… I hope I’ll see ya someday.”

“Goodbye. Have a nice stay.”