• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,246 Views, 8 Comments

The most (un)loved - DarkW0lf5



A teenager seems he's a failure... until he departs for Equestria. His new life begins.

  • ...
13
 8
 1,246

New beginnings

Ponyville. Castle of Friendship

A nice warm day has come. Finally I could forget about the recent accident with Midnight Shadow. I woke up not like before. I was really full of joy, especially about Twilight letting me stay at her castle.

“Good morning, Alex.” A voice told.

“Hello, Spike.” I replied. “And good morning. Rainbow Dash asked the Pegasi to completely clear the sky. After all, she did it for all of us.”

“Wow… that’s nice from her part. Where’s the bathroom?”

Spike pointed at a door near the reading table. I think it was a personal bathroom. If yes, then the castle is made to accommodate the guests really well.

I went to the bathroom. Now I realized how luxurious was here. Bath, shower… toilet, sink and towels.

“Now that’s what I didn’t have back where I came from.” I told in amazement.

“Good morning. Enjoying your stay?” came another voice.

“Um… hi, Twilight. What are you doing in my bathroom?” I asked a little bit of nervous.

“Sh, don’t worry.”

“Sorry… yeah, I’m fine. Where’s breakfast?”

“Not so far from here. You’re meeting another friend today.”

“Friends? Oh, sweet!”

Now I was smiling.

Dining saloon

It wasn’t that much time before we arrived to the dining saloon. It was rather large, and the ceiling was high above my head. Spike was our cooker.

“What would ya like to eat?” Twilight asked me.

“Hm… I just… don’t know. Where I came from I ate not enough.” I replied.

“Let’s see… try some daisies.”

Oh no. How will I eat flowers? Besides… no, I’m a pony, and ponies really eat flowers…

“Um…” Then I took a bite.

Indeed it tasted nice. Oh, how foolish I am…

“It tastes good.”

Few minutes later. I was done with breakfast.

Castle corridors

Now it was time when Twilight guided me through her castle. I knew exactly the point. I just don’t want to get lost.

“It sure is HUGE” I said.

“Not a thing.” Twilight replied. “Besides, you should go here…”0

Then Twilight pointed at a door.

I felt nervous. What could be inside? If there was another pony, then… oh, I was so afraid.

I opened the door. Seemingly, nobody was there.

“H-hello? Anypony there?” I said loudly, catching somepony’s attention.

“Wuh…” a mare said. “I heard hay stacks about you. Name is Starlight Glimmer.”

“Hi, Starlight Glimmer. I am Alex.” I replied to her. “I…”

“There, there…” she whispered gently, while petting my mane and rubbing tears out my cheeks. Apparently, I was crying. “Once I had a real problem.”

“What was it?”

“Well… it was when I was just a filly… I got very well along my friend Sunburst, then we two were young… one day, he saved me from a stack of falling books, and that’s when he earned his cutie mark. You know… he’s a talented unicorn, he went to Canterlot… to the school… and I felt abandoned… and this apparently was my curse, I thought cutie marks were evil… it had its culmination when I tried to change history of entire Equestria!”

Now she broke into tears.

“And?” I asked.

“She was… Twilight saved me…” she told, still crying. “I was nearly about to tear a scroll when Twilight convinced me to join her. And what brought you here, boy?”

“Long story… I made a lot of stupid mistakes… I just wanted to do everything good… all my best… but I failed anyways… back from where I came, I was a born failure. People didn’t want to befriend me. They just kept me alive and quiet. I couldn’t say anything. I thought there was something wrong with me… until I started watching a really nice show on TV, and it proved me wrong. I didn’t do anything wrong. Something terribly wrong was with other people, not me.

"But… it didn’t last too long until my parents cut me out from it, forcing me to study… until when I discovered that mirror. First, I thought it was fragile… and few days ago the very mirror brought me here. To Equestria. To you. However, it didn’t start smoothly. Inside, I was screaming. Merely thinking about killing myself.

"Fluttershy found me crying, showing me the kindness I did not even receive. It was the time when Midnight Shadow encountered me… first I thought she was nice… but when I took a look on a forbidden book, I was horribly shocked. She casted a spell on the poor princess… then, she kidnapped Celestia and Luna…

"I smashed her mysterious crystal and defeated her. It was the first time I actually believed that I will do it. And I did. I saved Equestria.”

Now, I was crying. Deeply. Starlight Glimmer hugged me tightly.

“Did you have any… girlfriend?” she asked.

“No…” I replied swiftly. “Nobody wanted me there, and I saw no point in it.”

Ponyville

I was really happy to meet another friend, it was Starlight Glimmer. She was somewhat similar to me, she also felt alone, but in a different way than I was.

Now I and Twilight were roaming through the streets of Ponyville.

“First of all, I want to show you… yes, Sugarcube Corner.” She told me smiling. “Our bakery. Pinkie Pie works here. She loves baking. And…”

Twilight Sparkle couldn’t finish talking, as Pinkie Pie shot to us so suddenly, full of joy and a big smile on her face.

“WHOW! ALEX! I DIDN’T KNOW YA WOULD COME!!!” Pinkie Pie shouted, before trotting to me and hugging me tightly I nearly started to choke.

Twilight was fast enough to pull her away from me with magic.

“*Cough, cough* Oh, hay stacks! You could warn us!!” I shot.

“Never mind! Twilight!” Pinkie replied.

“Ah! Alex, she’s… hyper when she meets new ponies. She did the same thing when I arrived to Ponyville for my first time.” Twilight explained.

Now I understood why Pinkie Pie is almost always seen really joyful. Now I turned my head back to Twilight.

“Where are we going now?’ I asked.

“Carousel Boutique. Home and workplace of Rarity.” Twilight answered. “Later we’ll go to Sweet Apple Acres.”

“Why?”

“You know, Rarity doesn’t like anything dirty. And Applejack… she doesn’t even mind about being dirty.”

I simply nodded. Soon, we were standing next to the boutique. Twilight gave a knock on the door.

“Please come in!” A voice shouted.

“Good morning, Rarity.” Twilight said.

“Good morning. What can I do for you?” Rarity asked.

“Nothing, I came with…”

Twilight was stopped by Rarity when she saw me again.

“Alex! Good morning, dear! How have you been so far?” Rarity asked me abruptly.

“Um… fine.” I replied shyly.

There was another pony who noticed it.

“Oh, my…” Fluttershy whispered. “Don’t be shy, my friend.”

As Twilight said before, the next stop was Sweet Apple Acres.

Sweet Apple Acres

“Hello Twilight, hello Alex.” Applejack yelled as she saw us from a good distance. “Ya showed up at a good time!”

“Whow… she indeed must be busy…” I whispered.

“Yeah, running a business like this requires a lot of work.” Twilight said.

“And love.” Applejack added. “Alex, say. Is there anything you do and put love into it?”

I sighed. “I… I don’t know, what to say, AJ. Back home… people yelled at me… you know what it feels being lied to?”

Applejack then walked near me and hugged me tightly.

“Poor thing…” she said. “But here it’s another matter. You found us. You found another life.”

“I certainly would give up my old life to live here…” I replied.

“And, I’d like you to meet the rest of my family. This is Big Macintosh, call him Big Mac if you want…”

“Eeyup.” Big Mac said in his easy to recognize, low and deep voice.

“My younger sister Apple Bloom, she recently got her cutie mark.”

“Hi there, Alex” Apple Bloom shrugged with a smile.

“And our eldest member of the family. Granny Smith, she was one of the founders of Ponyville.”

“Good morning!” Granny Smith yelled. “What is YOUR name, boy?”

“A… Alex.” I said quietly.

“What did you say?” she asked.

“Alex.” I said again.

“How?”

“ALEX!!!” This time I yelled.

Granny Smith was nearly blown off because of my voice.

“Oh! I’m so sorry madam!!” I whined. Then I started crying again.

Oh, no! Not crying again! What on Equestria I’m doing! I felt so terrible.

“Boy, don’t worry. We cry a lot in Equestria. And we ain’t gonna taunt you for that!” Apple Bloom pointed out to me.

“She’s right.” Twilight said. “You can’t beat yourself like that, my boy.”

“But… I may be an Alicorn pony, but I didn’t fully show my skills in magic… and I can’t fly…”

Suddenly, somepony shot between us like crazy. Twilight Sparkle and the others fell on the ground, since they got dizzy. I was – to my complete SHOCK – still standing, my mind clear as a cloudless sky…

“*GASP* How… how did you that?” Applejack asked me in shock.

“I was asking the same!” Rainbow dash yelled. “I just heard him saying he can’t fly… and suddenly BOOM! He didn’t even get dizzy!”

“But it can’t be possible! In my school… I was the worst in physical education… I’m not that type like you, I never went to gym, nothing… I was kept still at home…”

Rainbow Dash went wide-eyed at what she just heard. A pony… not a normal pony… an Alicorn pony who did not do any sports or gymnastics resisted the dizziness?

She then made an assertive, emotionless look on me.

“Okay…” she said calmly, trying to breathe out her shock. “Twilight, won’t you mind if I take him for a flying lesson?”

“Never mind.” Twilight said.

“Right.” She then made a firm look. “Alex… follow me.”

Fields outside Ponyville

Few minutes later. We’re in an open field, ideally flat. But, to my great horror, Rainbow Dash insisted to go on a high cliff. Since I didn’t know how to fly, she chose a short but tiring path up to the cliff.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash…” I sighed, still too afraid. “All I need to do is flap my wings in mid-air as I jump from it?”

“Not really.” Rainbow Dash told me.

“What do you…” I asked in panic.

Rainbow Dash really meant it, she kicked me out of the cliff’s edge. Now I was falling.

I was really scared. What if I crash to the ground? Oh, no! I was nearly touching the ground when I started flapping my wings gently… It was unbelievable. Now, instead of falling, I was freely soaring through the sky, climbing higher, and higher…

Dash just had her jaw dropped seeing me flying like this. Soon I stopped and tried to hang in mid-air.

“Dash… I made it…” I said to her. “But… I think I was too slow.”

“Doesn’t matter how fast you were flying. Only thing that matters is that you made it at the first try!” she yelled.

Now, I shot off really fast. So fast that I couldn’t just believe it. Now it was another sharp turn… and a dive deep below…

“ALEX! WATCH OUT!!!” Dash yelled, thinking I was about to crash.

But she was wrong. I made another sharp climb, then rolling through the sky and trying to avoid clouds.

“Sweet Celestia, I’m flying! I’m really flying!” I shouted with a big smile. Now, another idea came to mind. If I could just dive from a really high altitude…

“Okay, Dash. I wanna do it! DO NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!” I yelled.

Then, I flew even higher than the most clouds were… Rainbow Dash couldn’t see me…

“Alex? Where are… ARE YOU MAD?! YOU WILL CRASH FROM THIS ALTITUDE!!!” she yelled, clearly terrified and worried.

Now I was diving down at an incredible speed. So fast somepony else could find it difficult, but…

“I can do it…” I mumbled. I was still diving when I already saw the ground. “I can do it! I CAN DO IT!!”

“YOU ARE GONNA CRASH… AAAAAAAAHH!!!!”

BOOM!!!

A massive explosion blew Rainbow Dash off her hooves. Now I was soaring through the sky with a great speed, making those seemingly impossibly difficult sharp turns and rolls. But how was that possible? I was still asking myself the same question. How can it be possible? If previously I was a failure… then how the hay is this supposed to happen?

Now I realized why it was so. Everypony… they’re all my friends. They made me believe again. They definitely changed my life into a better life.

This moment of joy didn’t last too long, however. Because suddenly I heard a scream.

A small town

Finally, I made a really soft landing in a neighborhood of a small country town. The sign showed it was Appleloosa. I heard that Applejack really wanted to visit this place, and she did it. She somehow mentioned her cousin Braeburn, who was actually living there.

The scream was gone. I went on a little investigation. Nothing I did see there… until I poked my head from a corner of a nearby house.
In a little distance I saw some stallions beating up a young mare.

“Yeah, she was so foolish to steal small but important thing!” One of them shrugged.

“Power? Hell yeah, you can just dream, stupid little bitch!” Another one yelled.

“You have proved to us you are nothing but a power hungry thief!” The third called. “Hey, maybe this boy down here will help us? HEY, YOU THERE!”

I was astonished at first of the call. Deep inside, I felt worried for the mare and angry for the stallions.

“Yeah, how can I help ya, dudes?” I asked.

“I think you might mute her, you can use your magic!” Their leader told me.

When I stepped closer, I was totally astonished what I saw. It was the same pony who stole Twilight’s crown something like three years ago. Sunset Shimmer, now she lied on the ground, crying and bruised, not to mention she was bleeding. The only thing I felt was that I was so worried.

“Okay guys.” I called with a firm voice. “This… is what she deserves.”

I casted a swift spell against the bullies. Soon, they were mute. As they tried to talk, there was total silence… nearly, as Sunset was still sobbing.

“Now boys, I’m gonna report you to Princess Twilight Sparkle. And don’t think you can get away from us!!”

The bullies were so shocked that they ran away in great fear.

“You thought I will mute you?” I said to Sunset, now with a worried look. “No… I know you deserve better…”

“D-do you forgive me?” She asked with tears. “After all… I did?”

I then made a big smile. “Yes.”

With these words, I took her hooves into mine as she made a joyful smile, even if her eyes were filling with tears. But now… these weren’t tears of sadness. These were tears of hope and joy. She stood up on her hooves and gave me a really, really big hug. “THANK YOU!!” she yelled.