• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 2,197 Views, 60 Comments

The Strangest Damned Thing - Jaytee



"You" were caught in the midst of a riot, and you now find yourself in Equestria, what do?

  • ...
8
 60
 2,197

The Riots

You look around, and see that everyone else is still in place. You're awaiting the signal to start the beginning of your governments' end. You grasp the gas mask in your right hand, and begin to bring it to your face.

"NOW!" You put the mask over your face, and reach into your right pocket to pull out a smoke bomb. You throw it out towards the passing politician. Everyone around you has done the exact same thing, and you see the security around the vehicles go insane.

Then the chaos starts. Riot police versus rioters. You run through the crowd with a bat in your left hand, and begin to violently swing it towards the riot police in front of you. It makes solid contact with a policeman's shoulder, and knocks him to the ground. You stomp on him once and run towards the nearest building.

You quickly break through the glass and run towards the stairs leading to the roof. You arrive at the stairs and turn back around to see your fellow rioters looting the poor store. You shrug and begin a slow ascent to the roof.

Roughly half way up you begin hearing gunshots. You really really hope they weren't gunshots. You run to the roof as fast as your legs can take you, and burst through the door at the top with renewed fear and vigor.

"Oh shit. Oh shit shit shit."

You watch as riot police begin using what appears to be bean bag guns on your riot. You wish you hadn't told everyone to bring a gasmask to counteract any kind of spray they could have used. You really regret that now.

The sight only gets worse as the stand towards the edge, you watch as smoke and pepper spray causes a haze over the street. A stray bean bag round nearly hits you in the face, but it luckily passes right past you.

This was a disaster. It was going all wrong. You sigh and put a foot up on the edge of the roof, and rest your elbow on your raised knee to support your weight. You set the bat on the edge and look over the riot. It's starting to get dead even now that the rioters have stolen riot shields and are blocking the beanbag rounds.

You sigh and turn back towards the stairs, only to see the sight you wish you didn't.

A riot policeman.

More specifically, four riot policemen.

They were only armed with police batons, and you had a bat. The odds were purely against you. Or at least so the policemen thought. Growing up on the streets without a father and a passive mother really gave you some time to practice things that were probably not exactly... meant for good intentions.

You tap the bat against the ground in front of you.

"Bring it, mc-chicken-fuckers."

----------------------------------------------------------

Twilight walked into the throne room alongside Celestia, with Twilight laughing incredibly hard and Celestia trying to explain the last of her story between laughs.

"And...*haha* That's why you don't ever try to get a dragon to-"

She was interrupted by a loud bang. Both Twilight and Celestia turned their attention to the source of the noise, only to see a large cloud of dust and dirt being kicked up from the direction of the garden.

The two looked at each other and nodded. They immediately ran in the direction of the garden, fearing that somepony might have hurt themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------

You wake up in a haze. You reach out with your gloved hand and try to push yourself up, only to have a searing pain travel throughout your arm and body.

That riot really took a lot out of you, and you barely remember passing out.

In fact, you don't even remember passing out. All you remember is that you were fighting off riot policemen, you fell over the edge of the building, and bam, you wake up in a patch of..

Flowers?

What?

Your eyes shoot open to see something that caused your breath to stop. You were in a garden, and a very large one at that.


You slowly sit up, the pain still wracking your body. Your hoodie is still intact, your mask is still on, and your black jeans are still ripped, just like they were before the riot, only one thing has changed..

You look like something out of a cartoon. Your body is outlined, and so are all the flowers in the garden you're sitting in.

What in god's name is going on?!

You feel around with your good hand, and you feel that you still have a few smoke bombs, and more than enough mini bombs still in the inner pockets of your jacket, and luckily your trusty bat is still at your side. You sigh and lay back down on the grass with a soft thud. You look up to the sky and notice another thing that boggles your mind. You're inside a castle. You're in a castle garden.

...Shit. You think to yourself. You try to get up to move, only to discover a new level of pain the runs through your whole body. You let out a small grunt of pain, and run your good hand over your body.

Nothing seems to be broken, which is good. But you're in really really bad shape. If something hostile were to find you here, wherever here is, you'd be toast.

You hear a small clink like noise directly to your left, and you see one of your mini bombs has decided to play rebel and jump out of your inner pocket.

Normally, this would have been fine, except for the fact that the landing caused the arming switch to turn from [OFF] to [ON].

You watch in horror as it emits a small beeping noise. In a panic you pick it up and throw it as hard as you can away from you, then plaster yourself to the ground and cover your head with your arms.

The explosion caused you to rock in place, but luckily you threw it far enough to were it wouldn't kill you. You sigh in relief for a moment, but then it dawns on you.

You just detonated a bomb in a castle.

You are so fucked.

You reach out with your hand and try to pull yourself to somewhere, but to no avail. After your little panic fiasco, your muscles now pay no attention to your brain's orders.

Your body begins to feel numb, and you can barely feel anything anymore.

With consciousness no longer an option, you pass out cold.

----------------------------------------------------------

Luna stood in the watch tower, and she saw the human land in the garden.

She turned to the black alicorn next to her and spoke in a voice so quiet that it rivaled Fluttershy's.

"So he is the one?"

"Correct. My job here is done. You have two favors left."

"Thank you, Death."

"Pleasure is mine, truly. That human is true of heart, just as you asked. It is the most worthy of what you asked for."

With that statement, the black alicorn simply faded into nothingness, leaving Luna alone in the watchtower.

"We shall see, Death. We shall see."

Luna turned and flew out of the tower to go and investigate the human.