• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 2,197 Views, 60 Comments

The Strangest Damned Thing - Jaytee



"You" were caught in the midst of a riot, and you now find yourself in Equestria, what do?

  • ...
8
 60
 2,197

[Luna] Fear and Destruction

Due to a severe head injury, My writing is most likely going to be very shaky and different, don't judge me too hard, alright? It was hard to crank out these chapters.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luna walked up to the throne and sat on it.

"Forfeit your powers to me, sister, and I will let your prized 'student' go."

"You know that's impossible, Luna."

"DEATH!"

With that, a large black alicorn appeared next to her, it's eyes seemingly empty.

"For my last two favors, I want you to siphon Celestia's powers to me."

"Only if she agrees." The voice of the black alicorn was next to a whisper that echoed through the room, his mouth not even moving to talk.

Celestia looked at her, then looked at you.

Words began to dance across your vision, forming sentences in the air.

"You don't have to do this... please."

You didn't have to do this, but why betray the one who freed you?

You didn't need to do this... did you?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately for her, you did. As much as it pained you to watch two sisters fight through betrayal, you had to follow through with the one who saved you from the dungeons.

You pressed the sword closer to Twilight's neck, and glared at her.

"Unfortunately for you... I do."

With a flash of light, you instantly relived every horrid memory you had ever experienced, everything that could possibly do you mental harm.

The sensation of intense pain was overwhelming, and you passed out instantly, evidently taking the unicorn you were holding with you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia turned her head to her sister after blasting you.

"You will NEVER get away with this, Luna!"

The following battle could be described only as incredibly even.

Even if Luna was the younger sister, she had evenly matched up to Celestia, and unfortunately for Celestia, her prized student was not any longer conscious to assist her.

The fight ensued for hours and hours on end, Celestia fighting to protect the unconscious body of her precious student...


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stirred lightly into consciousness, you gazed over to the side with blurry vision to see Luna bearing some kind of armor, and Celestia bearing a similar set, but a pearly silver. You attempt not to groan, seeing as Celestia was a mere few feet from you, fighting over Twilight's body.

You looked down at your hand and saw that you still held fast to your sword. As Celestia was fighting off Luna, a thought crossed your mind...

You quickly gripped the sword and lunged for Celestia, a single swipe at her rear legs caused her to lose concentration. Your sword had cut straight through her 'cutie mark,' causing her to let out a blood curling scream.

With the lapse in concentration, Luna saw her opening, and in a flash, it was all over for the princess of the sun.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A year later.*

You woke quietly to the sun shining bright in your eyes, you slowly rose from your bed, and staggered outside, still dressed in sleeping pants and shirtless. At this point, if one of the guards even snickered or stared, they would be severely punished. You belonged the the queen, and that was that.

You quickly regained your bearings, and walked straight into Luna's throne room.

The second you appeared inside, she shot you a slight, yet smug, grin.

She immediately dismissed the entire room, aside from you. With Luna approaching you slowly, you decide to start the conversation in your own manner.

"One year ago you took away the powers of your own sister. The last thing I expected you to do was raise the sun."

"Well, my dear friend. I am not as...evil, as some would say. I simply rid this land of her tyranny. I did not threaten the land, I merely revoked it of..." She shuddered. "...her."

You let out a heartfelt, yet fake laugh. That day shall haunt you for the rest of your days.

You recall it perfectly still, the moment Celestia cracked, her powers were isntantly given to Luna.

Celestia, too this day, was still in the dungeon. A lone earth pony with a 'X' for a cutie mark. You had no idea what that meant, but you learned to ignore it.

You and Luna chatted aimlessly over lunch, and you decided it was time to finish what you started.

"Excuse me for a bit, I have rather personal matters to attend to." You say, slowly rising from the table.

"Very well. Don't take too long." She gave you a wink.

You shuddered. You could never really love a pony, it just wasn't in your mindset.

You quietly went back to your room, and quickly moved the dresser to the side, revealing a small hidden space.

You opened the latch to the space and found the two things you were looking for.

A glowing orb containing all the magic you had ever absorbed, which was a great sum at that, and a golden necklace with a purple gem in the front.

You had saved these for a year, and it was time.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia was sitting in her cell quietly, not even thinking about her food.

She had failed. She failed Equestria, she failed her sister, she failed everypony.

Her head sank a little lower, until she heard the door open.

She instinctively ran to the corner of the cell, hiding from what possible way of torture that the guards could bring.

But to her surprise, she saw you, carrying a small glowing bag.

You walked up to her cell, and called her over.

"Come on, I'm not here to hurt you. If I were, why would I bring this?"

You produced the necklace from your bag, much to her surprise.

"W-..why do you have that..? How do you have that? It was destroyed alongside all my royal regalia!"

"Not entirely." Truthfully, that day when Luna destroyed all of her regalia, you managed to sneak this one out of the room.

You sighed and looked down to the orb in your bag. And you look at Celestia. She was malnourished and beaten. Truly at her lowest point. You may have been a criminal, but damn it, you had a heart.

You took out the orb and held it in your hand.

"This should be enough to get your horn back, if not your wings."

You sighed, and she nearly got it out of your hand when you stopped her.

"On one condition." She nodded. "You take on an entirely new appearance, or you get the hell out of here, and never come back."

She nodded again, and you produced the sword from your side.

"Cross me and die, Celestia."

She nodded, and you rolled the orb over.

She instantly took it in her mouth and began to absorb the power. Much to your surprise, she began changing colors, she went from dirty white, to a light shade of blue. And her not-so-flowing mane shortened up and turned a lighter violet color.

All she had was her horn.

She looked at you with pleading eyes.

"Even with all of this magic, I can still not defeat Luna."

You looked deep into her now green eyes.

"You don't have to, she's actually very kind to her subjects. " You sighed. "Just return to Ponyville. All of the ex-elements are still there, simply stripped of the Harmony magic..." It dawned on you. "You need a new name."

Celestia looked at you, then looked at her flank. It was no longer a 'X', but now an explosion-like star.

"Morning Star."

"Very well, morning star. I'm going to return to my quarters and chat with Luna. wait roughly an hour, then break out."

"What about the guards?"

"Leave them to me."

She nodded, and you left.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You returned to your room.

"Death..." you quietly whispered to yourself.

"Yes?"

"My last two favors."

"What do you need?"

"One, occupy the guards for the rest of the day, until Celestia escapes."

"The second?"

"Take me back to earth when I'm done talking to Luna."

"Very well, it shall be done..."

With that, death simply disappeared.

"What a creepy bastard."

I heard that.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Luna was sitting upon her throne, nopony was visiting today, and she was imply relaxing.

She was a little more than surprised when you walked into the room.

"Ah! Just the one to make my day exciting..." She noticed the look on your face. "What is wrong?"

"Luna, I'm going back to earth."

"Wha- How?!"

"Death owes me favors. One for you yanking me here, one from sparing Ce-" You saw the look on her face. "...Her."

"So you decided to leave my kingdom?!" She was clearly angry with you.

"Luna, you are now a fit ruler. I have done my part in this world, and it is time for me to return and finish the job in mine. You don't need me here, and you will rule respectfully for a long time." You smiled at her, something you hadn't done in a long time. "You no longer need me. You will do great without. Besides, I think your guards are starting to crave..." You flexed. "THIS SEXY HUNK OF BODY!"

Luna gigged, and you laughed little. "But really, it...is time for me to go."

She held a sad look on her face, she knew she couldn't break a favor from death, so she was out of options.

"*sigh* As you wish, young human. At least hug us farewell."

...us?

You walked up and gave her a hug, something you had never done before. As soon as your hands wrapped around her, you felt yourself fading from reality.

"...goodbye.." You manage to whisper,



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You woke up on the street, and rolled over you still had your bat, your bombs, everything. Yet you remember everything so clearly...

You stood up and saw that your riot was doing much better than you had left it, and they were close to succeeding.

You picked up what you had dropped and walked towards the front lines.

...Time to finish what I started.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning Star knocked on the door of the treehouse library, ready to collapse.

A young, familiar purple mare opened the door.

"hello? Who's there?"

Star fell through the door with a soft thud, much to the surprise of Twilight, she had a note tucked in her hair.

Twilight,

By the time you read this, I will be passed out on your doorstep. I have much to explain when I wake up, but please, I am very tired and are in dire need of help...

Morning Star

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIN, punks. Keep in mind these are raw and totally unedited.