• Published 11th Jul 2016
  • 1,878 Views, 50 Comments

Mr. and Mrs. Cake's foalish adventure - Foal Star



Twilight Sparkle helps Mr and Mrs Cake get better aquainted with their foals.

  • ...
8
 50
 1,878

Chapter six: Who's worried?

Chapter six

“Who’s Worried?”

Big Mac came trotting down the stairs to see Twilight and Rarity, who were talking softly .Pinkie was giggling along with them as they all turned to Big Mac and he nervously replied, “Um all the foals are asleep.”

Twilight nodded as she now had a scroll on the table. “Have a seat, Big Mac.” she instructed.

Big Mac gulped seeing everypony smiling at him, Reluctantly he asked, “Uh? What’s goin’ on?”

Rarity smiled, “Darling, read the note that Twilight got. I think you’ll understand.”

Very reluctantly, Big Mac grabbed the scroll and examined it. It read as follows

To Twilight, my dear student:

I have been very pleased to hear about your success in the complicated age spell and that the Cakes are doing fine. Once the spell is complete and you have assured me that they have turned back to adults, I will officially allow you to continue the study of age spells for different ages and for different amounts of times. I would love to hear the results of each transformation and what the pony experiences. But please make sure you run it by them first.

Sincerely yours,

Princess Celestia

Big Mac placed the scroll down and asked, “Um I’m goin’ to take a guess, you want to turn me into a foal?”

Pinkie laughed, “How did you know?”

“Guess I just knew from the expressions on your faces,” Big Mac replied. “I just wanna say, I’ll do it. Look, I don’t know if Fluttershy told you, but she and I, we talked about it and I agreed. Also, if we do this, I would like it to be longer than just a day.”

Twilight's eyes widened “Um…how old do you want to be, and how long do you want to be a foal?”

Big Mac chuckled, “I think a year old will be fine, and for at least a week. That’s not askin’ too much, right?”

Twilight was a bit stunned, “A week? Are you absolutely sure?”

Big Mac nodded, “Fluttershy and I would love to get a good experience out of it. And I know she’ll make a great mother, she’ll make sure I don’t end up doin’ somethin’ foolish.”

Rarity blushed and had to look down, while Pinkie daawed, “Oh Big Mac you’re already a great big foal. I think the twins will love having you as a playmate, especially if you bring Smarty Pants with you.”

“Of course I’ll bring Smarty Pants along, I can’t sleep without her.” Big Mac smiled.

Twilight still exhausted from how much trouble The Cakes were nervously replied, “Um Big Mac I would love to turn you into a foal, but for a week would be very difficult. Just perfecting the spell for twenty four hours took a lot out of me.”

“It’s fine if you can’t do it, just a day is fine,” Big Mac told Twilight. “I can always come over to Fluttershy’s if I wanna act like an adult foal.”

Seeing the disappointment in Big Mac eyes, Twilight reluctantly replied, “Fine, I’ll try to see if I can increase the time limit on the spell to last a full week. But I’m going to need more time for research.”

Big Mac’s ears perked up , “Thank you, Twilight! And don’t worry, I can wait as long as I have to be a foal again! I’m just glad I’ll get the chance to relive a less stressful time of my life.”

“No problem.” Twilight nodded, but her mind she was thinking. “I really hope I can pull it off right. The last thing I need is to mess up, and leave somepony stuck as a foal.”


Fluttershy woke the next morning to see that the very ponies that had been foals sucking on her teets, were now back to being fully grown adults. The spell cast on The Cakes had worn off.

Mrs. Cake looking at her adult body and sighed, “I already missing being a foal, I sure hope we can sweet talk Twilight into doing it again sometime.”

Mr. Cake shook his head, remembering how much trouble he’d caused as a foal. “I would rather not do that again. At least, not for the near future.” But all the same, he put a hoof around his wife and smiled as he told her, “Maybe when the twins are old enough for potty training we can do it again, so they’ll have some ponies who can lead by example.”[/

Fluttershy was relieved to see that The Cakes were normal again, but she also looked a bit sad. “Fluttershy, we’re not angry that you breast fed us multiple times,” Mrs. Cake told her. “In fact, I quite enjoyed it.”

Blushing fiercely, Mr. Cake nodded “Yeah, it was okay. Probably the best part about being a foal, it certainly beats using diapers and getting flushed.”

Fluttershy smiled, “Thank you, I’m glad you both you enjoyed it. If you become foals again and want me to breast feed you, I’ll do it. And don’t feel too bad about the diapers, you two weren’t that stinky.”

Just then, Pinkie burst in, and upon seeing The Cakes as adults she shouted joyfully, “Oh thank Celestia! I had a dream where you two stayed as foals forever! It was great to be able to take care of you guys for a day, but four foals was definitely a hoofful!” She hugged thme both, as they laughed and hugged her back.

Mrs Cake giggled, “Were we misbehaving foals?”

Pinkie glared at Mr. Cake, “I think misbehaving is a understatement. You weren’t kidding when you said you were trouble as a foal.”

Mr. Cake gulped as he started to sweat, “I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean for any of that to happen. I guess my foalish instinicts just took over.”

But Pinkie smiled and hugged Mr. Cake, “Oh, I’m joking. You were no more of a hoofful than the twins were on any average day, and I think they really loved getting to interact with their parents as foals.”

It was then that Twilight and Rarity came in the room, both smiling with relief.

Twilight galloped over and inspected The Cakes with careful scrutiny. “Do you feel anything wrong? Any aches or pains? Do you seem to have forgotten anything?”

Mr. Cake shook his head and gagged, “No, everything’s back to normal.” as she opened his mouth and looked at his teeth. They were just as they had been yesterday morning, before he was regressed.

Mrs. Cake looked at herself and then replied, “Nope, I'm fine and I remember everything. Including some things I don’t think I’ll ever be allowed to forget.”

Rarity was still weary, “You sure nothing is wrong? No lingering foalish behaviour?”

Mr. Cake looked up and replied, “I know, I was a hooful and I deeply apologize. Especially when we joined our children in a game that lead to us getting flushed down the toilet. I can’t imagine how much we must have made you worry.”

Twilight sighed, “It's fine, I was really in over my head with four foals and it’s me who should apologize for putting you and your children in danger. You were lucky Big Mac found you when he did.”

Mrs. Cake hugged Twilight and cooed, “Don’t blame yourself, you couldn’t have known what would happen. We should’ve anticipated such a problem. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful day in spite of that little ‘mishap’.”


“So, what did the twins say?!” Pinkie asked. “Did you learn anything new?”

Mr. Cake looked at his wife and replied, “Um they talked about everything from a foalish perspective.”

Mrs. Cake nodded, “They were very curious about everything, especially about the toilet as we learned the hard way. I don’t think they’ll try it again though.”

Twilight sighed, “So they really don’t know much?”

Mr. and Mrs. Cake both shook their heads, “Not really, but they do love all of you, especially Big Macintosh.” Mrs. Cake declared.

“Where is he by the way?” Mr. Cake asked.

As if to answer the question, Big Mac came trotting in with drooping eyelids. Mr. and Mrs. Cake immediately hugged him.

“Thank you for saving us and our children from the sewers.” Mrs. Cake said sincerely.

Big Mac modestly bowed his head, “Eyyup.” he replied.

“Um, Big Mac? I promised our foals that we would ask if you could turn to a foal,” Mr. Cake spoke up. “So that way they could play with you, not as an adult foal but an actual foal.”

Big Mac was too embarrassed to speak, so Twilight replied, “He already agreed, we talked to him about it last night.”

Fluttershy smiled warmly “Oh Big Mac, thank you SO much!” she eagerly exclaimed. Big Mac bowed his head to Fluttershy, and she just smiled at him.

“Alright, and what about the twins?” Mr. Cake asked, as he quickly changed the subject “They’re not sick, right?”

“They’re fine,” Twilight reassured him. “I performed some low key spells on them last night just to make sure. They were a bit shaken up by the experience, but they’ll be okay.”

Mr. Cake sighed in relief, then gulped, “Um, in your report, are you going to write about us getting flushed into the sewers?” he asked Twilight.

Twilight blushed, ”Yeah, I promised Celestia to be truthful, but it won’t go public. Only Celestia will read that version, and the only parts that will get published will be about the spell itself. It won’t mention anything about the ponies it was cast on.”

Mrs. Cake was relieved to hear such a thing, then she noticed the sun was starting to rise. “The shop still needs to be run, can we do the interviews later?” she asked Twilight

Twilight smiled, “Sure, besides I have to start reaching a spell for our next little adventure.”


Before long, things were back to normal for all involved. Mrs. Cake was serving the patrons at the reopened Sugarcube corner. As she looked around she suddenly heard giggling. She turned around as her husband came down with their laughing twins on his back.

What surprised her though, was that Pound Cake was holding Mr. Snuggles.”Mrs. Cake smiled at the scene, although she was curious why her husband had given up his childhood snuggle buddy.

Mr. Cake bowed and apologized, “Sorry, for disturbing your meals, they just woke up.” he told the patrons, but they didn’t mind and just returned to their meals. This was hardly the first time many of them had seen the foals, they were often a regular presence at Sugarcube Corner.

Mrs. Cake helped her husband put the twins in their high chairs, then she cooed, “I’ll feed them. Can you get Nurse Redheart her plate of waffles?”

Mr. Cake nodded and replied, “No problem.”

Pinkie was as bouncy as usual when she came in. And when she saw what Mrs. Cake had she seen, she whispered to Mrs. Cake, “So you finally gave up Mr. Snuggles?”

Mr. Cake blushed. “Not so loud!” he demanded.

Pinkie giggled, “Don’t worry, we're too far away for them to hear us.” “

Mr. Cake smiled and then whispered, “I figured I could give my old friend a good home with my children, plus I can speak to them through him like my parents did with me when I got Mr. Snuggles,” then he hung his head and apologized. “Look I’m really sorry about yesterday, even leaving out the whole being flushed thing, and to be honest that was entirely my fault.”

Pinkie groaned and hugged Mr. Cake as she whispered, “You know, you were a monster as a foal, but we went through with it anyways and we all came out fine, so stop apologizing. Everypony was a baby at some point, and many of them were probably far from well behaved.”

Mr. Cake smiled, “I wish everypony was as understanding as you.” he told Pinkie.

Pinkie ruffled Mr. Cake’s mane and then playfully cooed, “Think nothing of it. Now go run the shop like a good little colt.” Mr. Cake laughed as he went up to the counter. Pinkie smiled at him and thought “He seems to be less nervous about everything than he was before. Maybe this whole experience was good for him, now that he remembers what it was like to be a foal?”


Mr. Cake was serving Nurse Redheart a plate of waffles with a cup of coffee, then he suddenly sneezed into his left fore leg.

Nurse Redheart looked up and asked, “Sir, are you alright?”

Mr. Cake nodded, “I’m fine, just a sneeze.”

Nurse Redheart wasn’t convinced. She went up to Mr. Cake and looked him over ,”You sure? It sounds like you have a nasty cold.” she told

Mr. Cake shook his head, feeling a bit uncomfortable, “It’s just a sneeze, nothing to worry about. It’ll probably go away on its own.”

Nurse Redheart shrugged then asked “Well if the sneezing continues, please stop by my office. Constant sneezing could be a sign of infection.”

Mr. Cake rolled his eyes “Dear Celestia, It’s just a sneeze. What, does she think I’ve been in the sewers or something?” Then with a sigh he answered, “Sure thing.” and went on his way.