• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 2,291 Views, 27 Comments

Adventures in Royal Foalsitting (A fic I Extremely Hate) - DakariKingMykan



Twilight Babysits Flurry Heart, but things go horribly wrong

  • ...
81
 27
 2,291

Intro: Family Favor

Author's Note:

Author's Disgust

Since people can't seem to lay off with rudeness and mocking me and saying hurtful things;This was only made to show that I CAN make normal MLP fics, BUT DON'T LIKE IT!!

I despise this fic and everything about it, and I am NOT interested in good marks comments or praise on it! YOU GOT ME...?!!

INTRO

Starlight Glimmer was away on vacation, and while she was gone all the ponies were going around making sure entire Friendship Palace was spic-and-span while Princess Twilight leapt about in panic going, “Ooh, they’ll be here any second, and everything’s got to be perfect!”

“Twilight, don’t you think you should calm down a bit?” Spike asked.

“Calm down? Calm Down?!” cried Twilight “Shining Armor and Princess Cadance will be here any minute with Flurry Heart!”

A couple of days ago, Twilight received a letter from her brother, saying that he and his wife, Princess Cadance were going to attend a conference in Fillydelphia, and as they would be far too busy for it, they asked if she wouldn’t mind looking after baby Flurry Heart.

Of course, Twilight was only too delighted at the aspect of looking after her tiny niece, so she responded “Yes, of course I will.”

She had spent the entire past nights cramming her books about childcare for a baby pony, and kept well in mind of what happened when Flurry Heart ran wild the last time and nearly destroyed the entire Crystal Empire.

“…This time I’m not leaving anything to chance.” Twilight said.


Her friends felt a little worried about her though, thinking she was going a bit over the top with all this. “You know, Twilight, there’s more to babysitting than just worrying about a child’s wellbeing.” said Rarity.

“Um, how would you know all that? You’ve never babysat before.” said Applejack.

Rarity felt a bit awkward, but couldn’t argue with her.

Applejack then spoke to Twilight telling her “Take it from me, it’ll be hard at first, but once you get the knack at it you’ll feel like you’ll never be able to let go of the little tyke.”

Twilight felt her confidence shining “Thanks, but really… the only thing I don’t want is for things to get out of hand, and that’s why no matter what happens I’m not going to let Flurry Heart out of my sight, not even for a split second!”

Everyone gazed at her awkwardly and full of concern, “Yeah… um, what about when you have to sleep?” asked Rainbow Dash “Or say… do something else that requires your attention.”

Twilight remained unfazed and stuck to her vow.

“You know, Twilight, if you want some help taking care of the baby, I could stay here with you.” said Fluttershy “I could sing to the baby, tell her stories, and show her how to cuddle with animals.”

“Or…” Pinkie Pie cut in “I could stay. After all, I take care of Pound and Pumpkin all the time, I could teach the baby how to eat cake, and smile real wide and what it means to Party!” With that, she threw a wad of confetti all over Twilight, and blew it all off with a loud noisemaker… messing up Twilight’s mane in the process.

She straighted her mane out saying, “Thank, every-pony, but as Flurry Heart’s aunt I’ll take all the time I have to watching her myself.”


“I’m pleased to hear that.” said a voice.

Everyone turned and saw Princess Cadance with Shining Armor next to her, carrying the baby on her back.

Twilight ran up to her brother and hugged him warmly, and did her happy dance with her sister-in-law.

“Twily, we can’t thank you enough for this.” Shining Armor said “We really want to take Flurry with us, but we’ve got enough to take of already.”

His wife nodded and said “We’re going to be trying to settle disputes and property management and ownership, I’ve even been called to give my expertise on Love and Affection to some, but this will all take a lot out of us, we wouldn’t have the strength to lift a hair.”

She then gazed back at her little daughter. The baby cooed and sucked on her little hooves. Twilight noticed she was wearing a magic ring around her horn.

“A magic-resistant charm…” Shining Armor said “That way she can’t accidently blow things up again, like last time.”

He set the baby down, and everyone huddle around her making cooing sounds and babbling cute words at her, and Flurry just sat where she was giggling and clapping her hooves together.

Twilight picked her up and smothered her softly.

“Well, we better go to catch our train.” said Cadance, and she dropped a small bag in front of Twilight “Here’s everything she’ll need, and here’s a list of what to do if things get out of hand.”

The list unrolled down to the floor, revealing it was very long. “Oh, okay…” Twilight said “This should be… fun?”

Flurry simple tapped her on the nose cooing “Boo…”