• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 2,290 Views, 27 Comments

Adventures in Royal Foalsitting (A fic I Extremely Hate) - DakariKingMykan



Twilight Babysits Flurry Heart, but things go horribly wrong

  • ...
81
 27
 2,290

Eyes Down

ACT TWO

Of course, Flurry Heart still had a few wakeup calls for Twilight in the night, for a diaper change, or a midnight feeding, that or she was just too warm or too cold.

Twilight hardly got much sleep last night, and she was very groggy and frazzled in the morning, while Spike didn’t seem nearly as beat as she was. “How are you not tired from that all night crying session?” she asked.

Spike didn’t even gaze at her.

“Spike…”

“Hmm…?” Spike said, and he pulled two cotton puffs out of his wars “Did you say something, Twilight?”

Twilight was practically too tried and annoyed to respond to that, and suddenly Flurry began to cry again, it was time for her breakfast. “Ugh…!” Twilight groaned.

She barely managed to feed her, and drifted off to sleep, so Spike finished the job for her.

“Come on, wittle Flurry Wurry…” he cooed “Eat for up for Uncle Spikey Wikey.”

Flurry cooperated without much fuss, and it made Spike smile.


The sound of a knock at the door woke Twilight up, it was all he friends coming to check up on her and see how things were going, but one look at her and the frazzled mess she was in told them enough.

“Oh, my stars!” cried Rarity “You look simply awful, Twilight.”

“I take it you’ve been a little busy.” said Rainbow.

Twilight didn’t bother respond to that, “How do my brother and Cadance do this? She’s a non-stop crying-machine.”

“But she’s just a little baby, Twilight.” said Fluttershy.

Flurry cooed, and Pinkie couldn’t help but fawn all over her, “Aw, who’s a cute wittle pony wony.”

Flurry responded by her usual clinging to Pinkie’s face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_TjLUukeE

“See, she likes Me.” said Pinkie, but Twilight had nearly fallen asleep again.

“I knew she’d be needin’ help.” said Applejack.

Hearing those words made her snap awake; “No!” she snapped “I can do this! She’s my niece.”

“But you’re our friend…” said Fluttershy “And as your friends, we can see you need a break.”

“I couldn’t agree more.” added Rarity, and she and Fluttershy dragged Twilight off to the castle spa, insisting she relax, leaving the others to watch the baby and clean up a little.

“Wow, if this is what it means to be a parent, I’ll never have kids.” said Rainbow.

“I don’t know…” said Applejack “Maybe having youngins would be nice, but I’d rather wait until I’m good and ready, and I know that ain’t for some time yet.”


They then noticed Pinkie still playing and having fun with the baby. Flurry Heart was really enjoying her company and playfulness.


“I guess we all know Pinkie Pie would be a great mom.” Spike joked. The others snickered at that thought and continue to help with the cleanup.


“…Ready to play Where’s Pinkie Pie Version 2.0?” Pinkie asked Flurry, and the baby cooed and giggled as if she really wanted to play.

Pinkie Pie’s new game was different; instead of just popping out time after time, she merely hid under a blanket calling “Where’s Pinkie Pie? Can you find where she is?”

She expected Flurry Heart to poke and prod at the blanket and try to pull it off her, but in fact… Flurry spotted an open window…!

“I’m waiting for you, Fluffy.” Pinkie said form under the blanket, completely unaware of what was about to happen.



Meanwhile, Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy felt more than relaxed in the palace steam-room, Twilight even felt herself starting to awaken. “This feels so nice.” she sighed as she relaxed.

Rarity and Fluttershy sighed in relaxation as well, suddenly; there was a little knock on the window… though it was normally ridiculous for a steam-room to have an outside view window…

“Oh, it’s Flurry Heart.” said Fluttershy.

“Oh, that’s nice.” said Rarity.

Twilight just sighed again, but suddenly she and all the others gasped, “…FLURRY HEART??!!”

The baby giggled outside the window, and then she took off to who knew where.

Twilight quickly teleported outside beyond the window and flew after her little niece, while Fluttershy and Rarity dashed out of the stream room calling for the others!


“She’s what?!” snapped Rainbow.

“Gone outside?” added Applejack.

“But I thought Pinkie was watching her.” said Spike. That’s when they all turned and spotted the open window, and Pinkie Pie was stilling under a blanket.


“Wow, you’re really taking your time, Flurry.” Pinkie said still unaware of what just happened, until she peeked out. “Flurry…? Flurry Heart…?”

“Come on! We’ve gotta help Twilight find her!” cried Rainbow Dash, and she soared out the open window, Fluttershy followed her and the others galloped out the big doors leaving Spike behind.

“Hey, what about me?!” he called, but the ponies had already fled. “Ah, man…!” he groaned. With nothing much to do, as he couldn’t join the search, he decided to at least continue the cleanup by himself…

…until he noticed the small slip of the list Flurry Heart had chewed was still on the floor. No longer wet or drool covered, and still readable… with a valuable piece of information on it.