• Published 4th Jul 2016
  • 2,283 Views, 27 Comments

Adventures in Royal Foalsitting (A fic I Extremely Hate) - DakariKingMykan



Twilight Babysits Flurry Heart, but things go horribly wrong

  • ...
81
 27
 2,283

Little Lost Baby

ACT THREE

The others caught up with Twilight, but she had completely lost sight of Flurry Heart.

“Oh, no… Oh, no, no, no, no… this is very bad! I should never have taken my eyes off her!” cried Twilight, and she began to hyperventilate.

Rarity gave her one of her emergency paper bags, which she carried with her, to breathe into.

“Try to keep calm, Twilight.” Applejack said to her, but Twilight only panics harder, “Don’t panic? Don’t Panic?! There is a baby pony loose in Ponyville alone! WHO KNOWS WHAT TROUBLE SHE COULD GET INTO?!!”

The girls said not a thing, though they too felt just as concerned as she did.

“Well she can’t have gotten very far.” said Rainbow “I’ll fly up and on ahead.”

“We’ll check around the areas.” said Rarity.

Rainbow flew off, and the girls all departed on their quest.

Through a musical instrumental montage they searched everywhere.


Twilight: She checked all around for Flurry Heart trying to sense her magic with her own, but remember she was wearing the anti-magic charm, so her best lead was to listen for her cooing or giggling or even crying, but every time she heard a coo, giggle or a cry, it turned out to be some-pony else’s baby, not Flurry.

Rarity: Searched practically every fashion store and boutique she could find, as she was actually most distracted by the outfits on display which gave her more ideas. “Well, Flurry could have flown into one of these stores?” she asked trying to cover it up, but she was just being silly and resumed her search.

Rainbow Dash: She soared through the skies peeking through every cloud she could find, and then brushed away the ones she already checked to make sure Flurry could land there later. Suddenly, she swore she could see a tiny creature fluttering in the distance, “Got’cha!” and she soared in to grab it and ended up wrestling it into a cloud, only to discover it was no Flurry, but a bird about the same size as her, and he was not pleased from being tackled. “Heh-Heh, sorry?” said Rainbow.

Fluttershy: She was searching the Everfree Forest, a great place to get lost, and be scared… especially when you all alone. “Oh, oh gosh!” she whimpered as she crept down the path. Then she stepped on a twig and yelped. Then she bumped into a tree and yelped louder. She ducked down holding her hooves over her eyes and trembling, and then she heard the shrub she was next to tremble and heard a growling sound like a bear, making her flee in panic… but as it turned out, it was just a frog that had a very unusual croak.

Pinkie Pie: She searched and searched, in the most bizarre of places to look for a baby. In garbage-cans, under rocks, in the mail boxes, she even lifted up newspapers that other ponies were reading as they sat on benches, greatly annoying them.

So, Applejack had to drag her along by the tail to keep her out of trouble and help her search.


Alas… by midafternoon the girls had grown tired, and returned to the castle all with sad expressions, but Twilight was easily the most disturbed. “What am I going to do?” she cried “What will I tell Shining armor and Princess Cadance?”

“You can tell them it was my fault, Twilight.” said Pinkie, and she really meant it “If I had watched Flurry Heart more closely she wouldn’t have gotten away.”

“Oh, don’t blame just yourself, Pinkie Pie…” said Rarity “We all should have been paying closer attention to the baby.”

The others all nodded in agreement.

“No…” Twilight said “I’m the one who’s at fault here. I gave my word I’d watch the baby. It was my responsibility, and now… I…” she couldn’t find the words to say, overwhelmed with worry for baby Flurry Heart, and worse… worrying over how her relatives would react, or all of Ponyville when they found out about this!

Applejack didn’t know what to say and comforted her as they all walked into the palace, as soon as they were inside, they could hear a faint sound of singing. “Any-pony else hearin’ that?” asked Applejack, and the others agreed.

“It sounds like Spike singing…” said Fluttershy.

They all followed the singing, right into Twilight’s bedroom, and what they saw surprised them…

There sat Spike in the rocking chair, holding the sleeping baby Flurry Heart, rocking her softly and singing…

“And if the monsters scare you so
Uncle Spike Wikey will make them go,
And if they don’t, I’ll break ‘em apart,
I won’t let ‘em hurt you, Flurry Heart.”

Flurry Heart let out a little yawn and continued to sleep so peacefully, which the girls couldn’t help but gaze lovingly at.



Soon, Flurry Heart was tucked into her crib and left alone to sleep in Twilight’s room, and this time they all made sure the windows were shut tight!

“She was here all the time?!” groaned Rainbow.

“Well, I’ll be gall’darned.” said Applejack.

Twilight was ever so relieved and hugged Spike tightly going, “Oh, Spike, thank you! Thank you, thank you, Thank you…!”

“Twilight…!” Spike groaned begging to be let go.

She let him go, but she had to ask “How did you find her?”

That’s when Spike held up Flurry’s rattle in one claw, and the piece of the list in the other claw, giving it to Twilight. The piece read; “If Flurry flies out a window, simply shake her rattle out the window and call her name three times and she’ll come right back.”

Twilight felt very surprised and silly, and Spike could only gawk at her with a sneaky look on his face, while Twilight smiled sheepishly while blushing in embarrassment.


The day after the next, Shining Armor and Cadance came by to pick up their daughter. They were most delighted to see her again, and she them.

“Did you have with Auntie Twilight?” Cadance cooed.

“Oh, sure… we had loads of fun.” Twilight said trying to be sly, the others agreed with her, but Shining Armor and Cadance could tell…

“Let me guess…” said Shining Armor “She slipped out the window, didn’t she?”

Everyone’s eyes bulged, and the parents laughed, “She does that all the time at home.” said Cadance “Its good thing she likes her rattle so much. It makes it easier to keep her out of trouble.”

Twilight felt it best not to tell them what really happened, since it wasn’t important now, “But next time, I will consider asking for a little help when I really need it. Thanks, every-pony… and an especially thanks to you, Spike…”

She bent down and pecked him softly on the cheek, making him blush, and everyone thought it was cute.

Author's Note:

Author's disgust

UGH'LL!! This fic is even more filth-trash than I thought

Comments ( 14 )

It was an adorable moment for Spike and Flurry Heart.

7364863

I thought I had demanded for no good comments!

7364866

Your behaviour is... odd, to say the least.

7451736

what would you prefer, that I LIE to people?

Daxn #5 · Aug 4th, 2016 · · ·

7452000

Well, I do not think anyone forced you to write this. Or, judging from a deeper look at your comments, userpage, and bio, be on this site either. Better yet, nothing and no one is compelling you to stay, nothing but your stubbornness in perpetuate a goalless crusade against the fandom. You came here with the intention of end the personal attacks, but you only managed to spread your infamy even further.

Look and behold.

You should consider this endeavor lost, retreat with what is left of your dignity from this site, change handle and go forth in creating original content elsewhere. Who knows, maybe you do have some literary talent and you will have the last laugh over all your critics and the "immposters." Although, given how you are reacting to people and what I can see inside your stories, it is more likely that you will be chewn and spat out anywhere with a modicum of standard of professionality and writing capabilities.

Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Nov 23rd, 2016

What, no torturing Twilight? No maiming or killing Flutterheart, slowly or otherwise? Wow, no wonder you hate writing this fic. You didn't even TRY to make it a hatefic.

7556120

Precisely... This fic was made to show those... so-called other people... that I CAN make normal MLP fics without all my Starfleet and suffering inserted... I just don't like to do it!

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/660097/lets-pick-on-me-mykan

There can be only one word to describe this story

7742112

FINALLY... someone gets it! (This fic is awful)

...Not sure what I expected when I decided to read this.

It was.... bad? terrible? incredibly underwhelming?
How do I explain it. The story itself isn't bad, it's some cute slice of life story and it's got the story elements to make something decent.

The execution of it... Well, reading this was a chore. that's the tough part to explain. I'm assuming trying to give writing lessons would be a big failure on my part so I'll avoid giving any technical details.
But, I felt nothing. Like, when I read stuff I like, or watch stuff I like. I don't just read or watch. I'm imagining it, feeling it, living it. I'm completely caught up and I lose track of time and my surroundings.
This fic did nothing like that. It felt shallow, flat even. you know, like if a person spoke in the same monotone voice, never changing their rhythm, never stopping, slowing down or speeding up, not even for punctuation.

I don't want to seem insulting, but if I had to sum this fic in one word, the only word I can think fits would be amateurish. Still, that's not bad enough in my opinion to justify a thumb down.

8125060

It's not a little of one thing or a little of another. It's either all good or all bad, and i say it's ALL BAD.

-It's a normal MLP fic without my Starfleet stuff
-It's a normal ep of Twilight exactly how she would behave (which I already can't stand)
-In the end, everything works out for her.

8125127

You seem to be focusing on the story. Fair enough, You're entirely free to hate it. It is your creation.

Seems my explanation wasn't understood... how do I make it clearer...

Let's try this: form versus content.
Sorry if I repeat things you already know btw. Content is the story. In here, as you said the content is:
-A normal MLP fic without your Starfleet stuff.
-A normal ep of Twilight acting very close to how she would behave (allow me this difference of opinions, thank you!).
-In the end, everything works out for her.

My comment had very little about the content. It was entirely about form. Form, at its most basic, is quite simply, using real words, making sentences and proper punctuation (I did say I could repeat things you already knew. Bear with me please).
But, there's more to it than that. It's like, when two different persons tell the same story. One will still seem better than the other, because person A managed to better act the dialogues, or describe things in a way that made you feel as though you were there, or even as though you were one of the characters (most likely the protagonist in that case). Person B told the same story, but, maybe he wasn't so good, maybe he couldn't do the voices or describe the places or what happened properly, but the story didn't feel very interesting.

There's more to a story than just the story. It's also about how it's told.

Well we can agree (despite I would believe you when you can make a normal fix)that you deserve to write a hate fix after this

Login or register to comment