• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 26 Comments

A Show in Manehattan - Brony_Prototype



Rarity gets an invite to a fashion show

  • ...
1
 26
 1,432

Getting an invite and an assistant

“Where are my gold ribbons?! Where are they?! Oh, where did I put them?!” panicked Rarity, as she ran around tearing up Carousel Boutique looking.

The reason Rarity was panicking, was because she had an important order to fill. She was supposed to make a wedding dress with gold ribbons... seemed simple enough right? Wrong! She couldn't find her ribbons anywhere. She was going crazy searching for them; she had searched high and low and was throwing everything around! Her boutique looked like a twister had passed through the place. As Rarity was frantically searching for said ribbons, she heard a knock at her door.

“Now who could that be?!” Rarity thought to herself, as she raced to the door, leaving a trail of clothes, felt and fabric behind her.

She brushed herself off and fixed her mane before opening the door. When she did, she saw a gray stallion with a black mane wearing a black suit jacket with a white shirt and a black tie, dark sunglasses and a needle and thread as a cutie mark. He removed his shades to reveal his green eyes.

“Yes, how may I help you?” asked Rarity.

“Yes, I'm looking for the owner here,” asked the stallion.

“Well I'm her!” said Rarity smiling.

“I have a letter for you and... wait, I know you from somewhere,” said the stallion, rubbing his chin.

“Um...where?” asked Rarity.

“Your name's Rarity right?” asked the stallion.

“Yes it is, what's yours?” asked Rarity, a tad confused.

“It's me Cuff Link. Remember, we went to Ponyville High together?” said Cuff Link, trying to jog Rarity's memory.

“Oh... I remember you; you were in my sewing club! It was kinda weird to see a stallion in sewing club,” joked Rarity.

“Yeah but hey, it paid off,” chuckled Cuff Link.

“So what brings you here?” asked Rarity.

“I was coming here to give you this,” said Cuff Link, as he reached into his saddlebag and pulled out an envelope.

Rarity opened the envelope and read the contents of the letter inside.

Dear Fashionista,
You are cordially invited to a fashion show in Manehattan on Friday night at seven o'clock all the way to midnight. Please no guests, I apologize in advance as we've only space for so many. The only guests that I shall permit are assistants, I do hope to see you here!
Sincerely,
Cuff Link.

“A...FASHION SHOW?!” exclaimed Rarity, as her eyes lit up.

“Yep, a lot of the high end designers are going to be there...and you're one of them,” said Cuff Link.

“Wow...I'm honored,” said Rarity, her eyes bulging in excitement.

“Alright well, I have to get going. Let your assistant know so they can mark it on your calendar. I'll see you there” said Cuff Link, as he departed.

“Wait...I don't have an assistant,” Rarity muttered to herself.

Rarity was in a bit of a pinch because she had a ton of dresses and ideas, but she couldn't lug all that stuff around without any help. What was she to do? Then she realized something... she could get Spike to be her assistant, if it were okay with Twilight of course, but Rarity was sure that it would be. She hurried off to the library to ask Twilight to borrow her dragon assistant, as she trotted she came across Pinkie Pie.

“Hey Rarity, where ya headed?” asked Pinkie Pie smiling.

“I'm on my way to the library to ask Twilight if I can borrow Spike for Friday night,” said Rarity.

“Wait... why do you need to borrow Spike?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Well, I was invited to a fashion show in Manehattan, and I need somebody to help out with stuff,” said Rarity.

“Manehattan?! Wow... fancy!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

“I know. Now if you'll excuse me, I am in a bit of a hurry,” said Rarity.

“Okie-dokie-lokie! See ya later Rarity!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie, as she headed off to Sugarcube Corner, and Rarity continued on to the library.

Rarity arrived at the library and knocked on the door. A few seconds later the door opened, and Spike answered.

“Oh, hey Rarity,” he said, with hearts in his eyes.

“Spike, have you seen Twilight?” asked Rarity.

“Yeah, come on in she's re-shelving her books... for the twentieth time,” chuckled Spike.

Rarity had stepped in and had seen Twilight re-shelving her books and while putting the last book away, Twilight noticed Rarity standing there.

“Hey Rarity, what's up?” asked Twilight.

“Oh Twilight, I have amazing news. I was just invited to a fashion show in Manehattan!” exclaimed Rarity.

“That's great Rarity!” congratulated Twilight.

“Yes great. As it is, I am in dire need of an assistant and was wondering...would you mind lending me Spike for Friday night?” asked Rarity.

“If Spike doesn't mind it-”

“Course I don't mind!” exclaimed Spike, cutting Twilight off.

“Oh Spike, I knew I could count on you!” exclaimed Rarity, as she kissed the dragon on his cheek.

“Gee Rarity,” blushed Spike.

“Now come Spike, we have much preparation to do!” exclaimed Rarity, as she put Spike on her back and trotted out the door.

"Sure Rarity, anything for you!" said Spike, smitten with Rarity.

Twilight Sparkle just stood there...silent.

“Uh...bye?” said Twilight.

Twilight then went back to re-shelving all of her books, as Rarity and Spike headed back to the Carousel Boutique to prepare for the big event in Manehattan!


(A/N) Hey guys it's Brony_Prototype here, so as you may not have noticed but this is my first ever MLP:FiM story here, I only found out about this site yesterday but I was checking it out and there are a lot of awesome stories on here...I hope you liked mine so far and maybe drop a comment. If not that's cool, alright well I'll add the next chapter soon! A brohoof to all my fellow bronies /)