• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 1,849 Views, 18 Comments

The Journals of Magical Rocket - aricaitlyn



Who knew that a nightmarish black hole in your closet could lead to the magical land of Equestria?

  • ...
10
 18
 1,849

Rainstorms and Mix-Ups

If you think running on two legs is hard, you should really consider doubling up. By that, I mean using four legs, like a pony. You've got to figure out how to divide your weight as evenly as possible on your four legs or you'll just fall flat on your face over and over again. I had to learn how to walk again once I got here. I've got it down pat, but running is still a challenge. Trying to balance yourself at that sort of a pace is really exhausting.

My sky-high pegasus friends sure were lucky, though. Gamer Strike and Ivy Art blasted through the sky gracefully. I focused on Ivy Art, the fastest of the two. She soared through the sky, leaving what looked like graphite pencil streaks.

I heard a clap of thunder. Not even a minute later, rain began to fall.

Ivy and Gamer knocked on the door of the bakery. I trotted to the door and opened it for them. "It's not a race, you two," I joked.

They replied with blank, expressionless poker faces.

"Uh, never mind." I turned my attention to Ivy Art, and I knew we were both thinking the same thing. We both exclaimed, "SLEEPOVER!" and performed a "brohoof".

Gamer groaned, shaking his head. "No. I hate girly things.”

----

9:15 P.M., PT (Ponyville Time)

That green face-mask junk was on our faces, and we had cucumber slices in our eyes. Normally, I would have asked what the heck this was for, but I remember Rarity saying that it’s to reduce the puffiness around the eyes. Gamer sat on the floor, pouting.

10:36 P.M., PT (Ponyville Time)

Gamer had bored himself to sleep, so Ivy Art and I gave each other makeovers and styled our manes. I gave Ivy Art fake eyelashes and lipstick, and she did some crazy makeup on my face. We both laughed when we saw ourselves in the mirror. We even slipped some mascara onto Gamer's lashes, hoping he would wake up and not even notice it.

11:56 P.M., PT (Ponyville Time)

Ivy Art found two large bottles of soda in the fridge, which was quite a treat. She also baked two batches of brownies, which were very delicious and chewy. We indulged on our sugary treats, getting more hyper and crazy by the minute.

1:13 A.M., PT (Ponyville Time)

We had finally fallen asleep on the floor. Gamer snored loudly, and Ivy kicked. I lay restless, feeling like every minute was an hour. I was still all hopped up on sugar and just uncomfortable in general. I closed my eyes and began to sleep a dreamless, conscious slumber.

In conclusion, I guess we've had better ideas.


I woke up in a cold sweat and looked at the digital clock. It was 7:00 A.M. I began trotting downstairs, almost ninja-like, to fix breakfast.

Ivy Art stretched and woke up in a grumpy mood. "Why do you have to be so loud?" she yell-whispered to me.

"Well, I was trying to be as quiet as Fluttershy when I got up!" I yell-whispered back.

"What's a Fluttershy?"

"Ugh. Never mind that! Come help me fix breakfast!"

Gamer got up behind us. "What's up, loudmouths?"

"Really? You couldn't have stayed there for five minutes?" I asked him, cutting out my yell-whispering.

"Yeah, really. You two are so loud!" he replied, getting off the floor. We began to head to the kitchen when we heard a woman scream, the kind of scream that could have shattered a glass.

"It's Snoodle Guy!" I began running full-force up the stairs and all the way into the attic.

"Snoodle Guy, are you alr-" I looked at him and screamed. "Y-you're an earth pony!"

"I know!" he screamed back. "It's just...so....weird!" Then he pointed to my forehead, screamed once more, and began running down the stairs squealing like a little girl who was being chased. I followed him at a steady pace to the kitchen, where Ivy Art, Gamer Strike, and Selena were. I noticed something really odd about them. Ivy, Gamer, and Selena were completely stripped of their powers!

I shook my head, trying to figure out what was going on here. "Snoodle, be my mirror," I said. He turned to face me, and stuck his tongue out in disgust. "What? Is something wrong?" I asked. He gestured to my forehead again and nodded. I touched my hoof to my forehead when I realized that...

MY HORN WAS GONE!