• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 3,271 Views, 126 Comments

Fluttermac Forever - peep



A long story of Futtershy and Big Mac, in third person.

  • ...
14
 126
 3,271

present

-later that day-

Knock, knock, knock.

"Not again," Fluttershy mumbled, feeling exhausted. She was having a really trying day.

Knock knock knock knock knock.

She sighed. "Coming!" When she finally got to the door after dragging herself out of bed and down the stairs, it opened to a wall of red fur. Her mood instantaneously brightened. She hugged him. "Hi, Big Mac."

"Hi, darlin'." He hugged back.

"What brings you here today?" She led him inside onto the couch, closing the door.

"Well," he said, sitting. "Ah know yer birthday is comin' up, but Ah won't be here, Ah got t' help the Turnip's with their farm for the week, so Ah, uh... Here." He held out a little box wrapped in colorful paper with a bow on top.

She gasped, and almost wouldn't take it. "Oh, you shouldn't have. I don't want you to have to get anything for me. I don't mind not getting a present, it's okay, I don't—"

Big Mac cut in, handing her the gift. "Ah know that, dear, but Ah did anyway. Ah know it'll make ya happy. Please, open it."

"O-okay..." She carefully tore the paper, trying to preserve as much as possible, and took out a little box, like one that might hold jewelry. Inside was a necklace, the perfect length, with three butterflies forming a heart. Fluttershy began to tear up.

"D-do ya like it?" he asked, ever nervous about her tears.

She tackled him. "I love it!" She calmed down, snuggling into his chest. "Thank you."

"Yer mighty welcome, Fluttershy." He stroked a hoof down her mane.

They sat like this in silence, until...

"Big Mac?"

"Yes?"

"I, um, I was thinking..." She paused, and sighed. "Can you come to Pinkie's party tomorrow?" she asked quickly.

"Um, yeah, Ah think so. What time?"

Her breath escaped with relief. "7:00. It'll last kinda late though."

"That's fine. 7:00 it is." They got up, and he stepped out the door, which Fluttershy held open.

As he walked away, she yelled, "Wear something nice!" He turned and smiled, waving, then continued. She giggled and went back inside.