• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 3,271 Views, 126 Comments

Fluttermac Forever - peep



A long story of Futtershy and Big Mac, in third person.

  • ...
14
 126
 3,271

early on(edited for your pleasure)

Young Fluttershy was crawling through Sweet Apple Acres calling out to her newest friend, a very hungry squirrel that had left her cottage in search of food, and what better place than the farm?

“Oh, Mr. Squirrel!” she yelled in her soft, quiet voice, “Where are you? This isn’t your food!”

Big Macintosh was looking up; he had seen a squirrel eating his family’s apples, and he had set out to drive it away. “Where are you, squirrel? Ah should give ya’ll a piece a mah mind fer eatin’ mah apples.” He knew he had to be quiet, he didn’t want it to run and hide somewhere else.

Suddenly, his shins connected with something. “Oh!” Fluttershy cried softly as she held her head. Then she moved her hooves and looked up at big, green eyes. Her hooves slid down to cover her gaping mouth. “Oh, I’m so sorry! I should have looked where I was going. I’m so sorry, sorry!”

Big Mac got over his surprise and smiled at the filly. “Nah, it’s okay, Ah shoulda been watchin’.”

“No, I’m sorry. I was trying to find my friend and I wasn’t looking. I’m sorry.”

“Where’s yer friend? Can Ah help?”

“Oh, um, okay, if you want to. He’s a squirrel. He was starving and I was going to get him something to eat, then he ran away, and I got worried that he might have come here. Apples aren’t that good for squirrels. I’m sorry.”

“Oh, okay… Ah saw a squirrel eatin’ the apples down in the South Fields. Let’s look there first.”

“Um, okay.”

“Jist follow me”

The two searched high and low for the squirrel all over the fruit farm, then finally gave up.

“I’m so sorry he ate your apples.”

“Well, Ah am a bit mad that yer friend is eatin’ our stock, but Ah know the feelin’ a bein’ hungry.” His stomach growled. “See? It’s almos’ supper time.”

“Oh, okay, I’ll go home now.” She turned around to leave.

Big Mac trotted in front of her. “Well, Ah was actually gonna invite ya to supper with us.”

“Oh, no. I couldn’t do that. I don’t want to worry you on my account.”

“Ain’t nothin’, um, what’s yer name by the way?”

“F-Fluttershy.”

“Ah’m Macintosh but everypony calls me Big Mac. Come down to the farmhouse an’ have supper with us.”

“Oh, okay.”

Big Mac led Fluttershy down to the house, where a lovely smell was wafting its way through the trees. “Mmm, smells like Granny’s makin’ pie tahnight. Yer in fer a real treat. Ain’t nothin’ better’n Granny’s pies. ‘Cept maybe her zap-apple jam.”

Applejack met them at the door. “Well, there ya are, Big Mac, Ah was geetin’ worried. There’s a critter in the barn an’ Ah– wait, who’s she?”

Fluttershy froze now that the conversation was on her. “Oh, um, um…”

Big Mac came to the rescue. “This here’s Fluttershy. We was out lookin’ fer one of her squirrels. Now what’s this ‘bout a critter in the barn?”

“Well, yer search may be over, Fluttershy. There’s a squirrel in th' barn.”

“Oh, Thank you. Is he still in there?”

“Far as Ah know.”

“Please show me. That is, if you want to.”

“Of course! But ya might wanna stay fer supper, Ah don’t think it’s time fer you to meet Pinkie Pie yet. She usually goes home around that time. Follow me.” She took Fluttershy to the barn. “There he is, sleepin’ on that blanket.”

“Oh, thank you. I’ll take him home right away.”

Applejack stepped in front of her. “Nuh-uh. Yer stayin’ fer dinner. We can jist close the doors an’ he won’t leave. Plus, he’s sleepin’. Ya’ll don’t wanna disturb him none.”

“Yes, I guess you’re right. He should sleep.”

“Whooooe! I can’t wait to introduce ya to Granny an’ Applebloom.” Applejack rushed her back and through the door. “Hey, Granny, 'Bloom! Ah got somepony fer ya’ll ta meet!”

“Well show us at the table!” Granny Smith called out with her elderly voice.

A little foal’s head poked around the corner. “Hewlo?” said Applebloom, barely able to talk.

“Like Granny said, ya’ll gonna meet her at the table. She’s eatin’ supper with us! Ain’t that excitin’?”

“Yaya!”