• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 3,272 Views, 126 Comments

Fluttermac Forever - peep



A long story of Futtershy and Big Mac, in third person.

  • ...
14
 126
 3,272

awoken

Fluttershy awoke to the color red. Sleep was still in her eyes, but soon she could make out individual hairs. She lifted her head and viewed her surroundings. "What?" she said groggily, "Why am I in Applejack's– OH!" She blushed brightly, for sitting before her, with his head still snuggled in her mane, was none other than Big Macintosh. The shock left her eyes and made room for a new softness. Big Mac looked like he had cried all night. She slowly stroked his mane. "He's going to need water when he wakes up." Fluttershy moved his head cautiously to the side and departed to the kitchen. She came back and set the newly made glass of water on the floor next to the couch, which she sat back down on.

Big Mac opened his eyes and panicked. "Fluttershy! Where...?"

"Right here."

He turned to see a smiling face he new he loved. "Fluttershy!" The large stallion tackled her in a hug, causing the couch to shift an inch and spill the water.

Fluttershy felt his tears fall onto her shoulder. "Oh, don't cry. It's okay, I'll clean it up."

"N-nope," he stuttered, "It's not that. Ah'm happy."

"About what?" she asked, confused.

"Ah... Ah thought... That ya might not've woken up," he sobbed.

"Why wouldn't I?"

He pulled back and looked at her strangely. "You were asleep for weeks, Fluttershy."

"Wh... What? No, no, I was just on my way to– Oh my goodness! Angel didn't get his apple!"

"Is that why he was here?"

"What?"

"Umm, nothing. But don't worry, Applejack and yer friends took care of the animals." He hugged her again. "Ah was so worried..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean–"

"No, it's fine. Just... Promise me you'll be careful. Ah don't wanna lose you." He had a look of longing in his eyes.

She smiled. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She hugged him back, her small hooves barely reaching around his neck.

"Ya know..." Big Macintosh started.

"What?"

"Today's Hearth's Warming Day." They looked at the other and smiled knowingly.

The two ponies (A couple? We shall see...) started to laugh, and soon fell asleep in each other's arms, with peaceful looks about them, and soon to be forgotten dreams of life together, if fate would have it so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack, Granny Smith, and Applebloom woke up in Fluttershy's cottage. The night before Applejack reasoned that since it was her turn to feed the animals the next day, then they should stay the night there. But Granny and Applebloom wouldn't be fooled. They knew she and Big Macintosh had a fight; they could hear it all the way down the path.

After the animals were fed, the family went back to the farmhouse, opened the door, and saw Big Mac and Fluttershy snuggled together.

"What in tarnation?"