• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 1,874 Views, 67 Comments

Monster King - Godzilla2020



Sunset and Adagio get a new internship at a Job they never thought was possible.

  • ...
5
 67
 1,874

Prologue

Author's Note:

Decided to crossover the Godzilla fanfic I've been working on with mlp. Hope people enjoy because I had a really fun time writing it.

Godzilla is own by Toho co. ltd.

MLP is owned by Hasbro

................
Japan 1995
.................

The city of Tokyo was alight with flames as people were running down the streets, what was left of them anyways. The sound of roaring echoed across the skies as two creatures waged war with each other. Both were beings of pure folklore the Japanese gave them only a name that matched their appearance. Kaiju, better know as strange beast. With each step they took the earth shook and with each breath the air around them burned. An orange spiraling beam flew across the sky instantly atomizing the nearby buildings they went through. It was followed by a vapor like attack destroying the oxygen in the air. The citizens of Japan could only watch as their capital city burned to the ground.

Where most people had already runaway from the chaos only a single person remained. A boy with orange hair went down the street tears streaming down his face, "Mom, where are you?!"

An earthquake sent him to the ground and a loud roar caused him to cover his ears. He looked up to see a giant appear crashing through a building. Orange spines went down it's back, steam coming off the body, orange splotches that looked like scars covered the creature's black skin. But what got the boy's attention were the glowing pair of orange eyes casting hate at the creature flying above it. The other monster had huge bat like wings, on it's head was a glowing horn, it's entire body was covered in red armor when it landed the kaiju let out a demonic roar.

"Mommy I'm scared!" the boy shouted as he ran for his life. The roars only sounded like they were getting closer with each foot step. The ground shook and the world was full of smoke that burned his lungs. The boy kept moving calling for his mother, but received no answer. He kept running until finally his legs gave out he came sliding to a halt his body hurt and his eyes burned. He was shaking from muscle aches and he was panting hard.

"Mommy help me." He whimpered.

"Kubo." a voice called out, causing the boy to lift his head.

"Mom?" the boy lifted his head, a look of hope on his face. He looked around but saw nothing.

"Kubo." someone called out to him again.

That's when she came out of the smoke a woman with fiery orange like hair came toward him with a smile on her dirty ash covered face. The boy smiled he held his hands out to her. Suddenly a shadow began to form over him along with the sound of crackles. He looked up seeing the red demon hover above him and the woman. Kubo screamed just as a purple energy blast came down in front of him and his mother. The world became white as he reached out to his mother.
...........
.......

..
.

"Mom!" Kubo rose up from his bed panting and drenched in sweat, "Just a dream... Just a dream."

He rubbed his head, that now had a slash mark on it, trying to shake off the feelings he had. When he looked around ready to get yelled for waking everyone in the bunk up, instead he saw that the beds were empty, except for one. A Japanese woman with long black hair and wearing shorts with a t-shirt was snoring hard. He blushed when he saw that her shirt was riding up just a bit too high.

"Good thing I didn't wake you up, Akiko." Kubo said.

He pulled down her shirt just as she tossed in her sleep. Nearly taking his head off with a kick. He sighed before walking outside looking around at the temple they'd been sleeping in. There was a loud clunk like metal being hit. Kubo went to investigate and found his friend, Bone Crusher, a muscular Black man with dreadlocks, working on a plane engine. Despite the sharp objects he wore little protection other than a tank top and gym shorts a pair off orange aviator goggles covered his eyes. When Bone Crusher turned to see Kubo he smiled lifting his goggles.

"Well you're not looking so good." Bone Crusher said wiping some of the oil off his face.

"You can only sleep so much on the Hawk's beds." Kubo said with a laugh high fiving Bone Crusher.

"Dude, I've seen you sleep on this babies floor and not complain. What's wrong?"

"Just a bad dream."

"Looks like you and the big guy can't sleep tonight." Bone Crusher said pointing over his shoulder, "Hikari went up to check on him with the girls."

"Thanks." Kubo said before walking away from the Hawk, a plane that looked like a miniature SR-71 Blackbird with a hawk head painted on the nose. Painted by Bone Crusher himself as Kubo for fifth time in the day caught Bone Crusher admiring it.

Kubo continued to walk through the ancient temple he called home. Hidden inside of a large cavern, the only light that came through was from the large hole in the ceiling and the cliffs edge on the side. The buildings were old the stone nearly turned green from the moss and plant vines growing along the walls. Various flowers grew from them giving the old stone a feeling of beauty. The highest structure was an old tower with a symbol of a cross with the sun in the back Kubo went straight for it.

"Why didn't they install an elevator on this thing?" Kubo said as he climbed up the steps.

When he finally made it to the top he heard a soothing song coming from around the corner. He breathed a deep sigh of relief when he heard the melody. All the stress from his dream was starting to leave his body. When he turned the corner he saw the source of the song two glowing girls both the size of dolls were standing on the buildings edge.

"You two sound better every time I hear you." Kubo said. The glow stopped coming off the girls and they both turned around with bright smiles.

"Kubo!" They shouted in unison before jumping onto his shoulders. The first girl to land on his shoulder was in an orange cloth like dress with her hair was tied back in a pony tail. Lora, the eldest Elias sat down neatly on Kubo's left shoulder rolling her eyes at her giddy younger sister on Kubo's right. She was slightly shorter than Lora her dark hair was down, she was in a bright blue dress that came off a doll Akiko bought for her, Moll wasted no time as she kissed Kubo on the cheek.

"I thought Hikari was up here?" Kubo said.

"Nope just us." Moll said with a giggle causing Kubo to raise an eyebrow.

"Okay something's up. Lora, what's going on?" Kubo turned to look at Lora, but she turned her back to him, "Lora, don't make me wake up Akiko you'll know what she'll do."

"You wouldn't dare!" Lora gasped.

"Then tell me where Hikari is." Kubo said with a devious smile.

Lora let out a nervous moan when she looked to Moll her sister was shushing her. Her face was turning red with embarrassment knowing what Akiko would do to her if she woke up. Lora was about to open her mouth to say something, but someone called out from behind Kubo. She was a Japanese-American woman with dark hair she kept tied up. She wore a plain t-shirt and hello kitty pajama bottoms.

"Surprise!" Kubo felt weight on his back lurching forward when Hikari jumped on his back, "I'm getting better at sneak attacks."

"Not really I heard you coming a mile away." Kubo said. Hikari put him in a mini choke hold as Moll and Lora giggled.

"So you couldn't sleep tonight either?" Hikari asked.

"I heard the big guy was having trouble sleeping." Kubo said.

"This was one his worse nightmares yet." Moll said in a concerned tone.

"How is he now?" Kubo asked.

"Better you can check on him if you want." Lora said.

Kubo walked close to the edge as Hikari hopped off his back. When he looked down he saw the 'big guy'. A massive sleeping black scaled body with huge triangular dorsal spines lied at the bottom of the cave next to a small lake. A being known around the world as one of the most powerful creatures on the planet, the King of the Monsters, Godzilla slept inside the cave. His head moved around with a slight snarl, but it stopped before he it turned into a full scale roar as a gold scales came around his body. This was being caused by one of the few creatures that didn't try to fight him or endanger the ones he would protect. Light blue and orange wings beat down golden scales as a furry insectoid head nudged Godzilla's. Mothra chirped feeling concern for her friend.

"Mothra is trying to help as well." Moll said.

"Looks like we're both having rough nights, big guy." Kubo sat on the edge with Hikari sitting next to him.

"It was the one with your mom again wasn't it?" Hikari asked.

"Yeah." Kubo said in a whisper. Moll leaned her head on Kubo's cheek the same as Lora in some way to console him.

"Moll slide over." Hikari said, Moll complied moving over to her sister. Hikari placed her head on Kubo's shoulder, "Just like when were kids. You waking up and me having to stay up with you."

"Sorry." Kubo whispered.

"Don't be I missed it." Hikari said, causing Kubo to smile, "By the way. You up for coming inland with me?"

"What's going on?" Kubo asked.

"Miss Miki is giving a seminar about kaiju and she wants me to share some of my findings after all of our adventures." Hikari said.

"You and I have a different definitions of adventure." Kubo rubbed the scar on his forehead recalling how he got it.

"Can I come?" Moll asked.

"Well she does want me to bring Mothra along." Hikari said.

Kubo and Lora's heads shot up at what Hikari said.

"Okay look, before you two say anything. Miki wants us to show off one of the mini-moths." Hikari stated.

"It's not her I'm concerned about, it's that Mothra is a package deal and that package isn't as friendly she is." Kubo said pointing down at Godzilla just as he tossed in his sleep.

"Would you be shocked if told you Miki had a plan for that?" Hikari giggled.

"What is it?"

"She calls Godzilla extra security."

"Security?"

"There have been reports of random power outages in the U.S. Miki thinks it might be a kaiju." Hikari said.

"And she wants the big guy around in case this kaiju shows up." Kubo finished what Hikari was about to explain. Rubbing his chin he looked down at Godzilla, who was still tossing in his sleep. "You really think it's a good idea for him to go out right now?"

"Don't worry he's got someone looking out for him." Hikari smiled as Mothra placed herself on top of Godzilla.

He opened his massive orange eyes to see the younger monster placing her head on his shoulder. He let out an annoyed snarl trying to hide the fact that he didn't mind. Mothra just playfully chirped as she wrapped a wing of over his side making it look like Godzilla was covered in a massive blanket. He snorted out blue smoke with a grunt before lying his head down.

"I'm still not all to sure about this." Kubo said, but instead of an answer he just heard quiet breathing.

Hikari had fallen asleep on his shoulder he smiled before he heard something on his left shoulder. Moll and Lora were both cuddled together sleeping as well. Kubo sighed almost hearing a similar, but much more annoyed growl coming from Godzilla. Mothra the goddess of peace and guardian of the earth had fallen asleep on top of him.

"Yeah I don't get them either big guy." Kubo said as he gently placed Hikari farther from the edge they were sitting on, "Looks like I'm sleeping here tonight."

He let Hikari's head rest on his chest along with the Elias. Kubo stared up at the stone ceiling thinking back to his nightmare. He then looked down at Hikari moving some of her dark hair off her face when he heard her breath it eased the stress off his body. She was the only thing he had left in the world. There was a small yawn that got his attention Kubo looked to see Moll stretch in her sleep. So maybe he has more than one thing left.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you." Kubo whispered before closing his eyes.

Godzilla stared out at the wall in front of him sleep eluding him. There were two things in the world that he feared. Loss and nightmares. Tonight it felt like he experienced both. He could still remember the nightmare clear. Mothra and the G-team, the ones he would keep safe, all of them dead. And standing at the center was a horned giant.

He shuttered causing Mothra to wake up she tightened her grip around him. He let out a low calm breath showing he was alright. She nuzzled his head. Godzilla snorted blue smoke in her face making Mothra bop him over the head with a wing. Godzilla stared at Mothra the warmth of her body ebbing away the cold night air. He wouldn't let anything happen to her.

...............
Canterlot Apartments
..............

Adagio made her way up the metal steps embracing the cold night air as it swirled threw her hair. She was dragging her feet letting out a loud groan. She was wearing a yellow waitress uniform from her new job at the Cake's shop. It only made enough to pay rent, but it luckily came with free dinner, the brown bag in her hand being proof of that. Her day had been long running back and forth in preparing the food of the massive orders people asked for. She wanted to fall in her bed and never wake up.

"I'm home." She walked into her building to be greeted by a hug that nearly took the elder siren off her feet.

"Dagi!" Her younger sibling , Sonata, gripped her tight with a wide smile.

"Easy Sonata, I'm tired." Adagio yawned, but still didn't mine returning the hug, "Where's Aria?"

"She's watching TV. Are those tacos?" Sonata had drool coming down her mouth.

"No, salad you've been eating to much junk young siren."

"Dagiiii." Sonata was about to complain, but Adagio was already off looking for Aria. Said siren was sitting in front on a couch flipping through channels. Aria flipped her pig tails out of her face, which had a bored expression on it.

"Can't you at least pretend to like a channel." Adagio said.

"There's nothing good on." Aria answered in her usual annoyed tone.

"Then try the news." Adagio snatched the remote from Aria's hands. Flipping to the one channel that she didn't mind watching since she came to this world.

"This is the Kaiju News Network." the television chimed.

"Not this again," Aria moaned, "You've been watching this show ever since we came to this world."

"It's educational." Adagio said.

"I think it's scary those kaiju things are bigger than dragons." Sonata said coming in between her older siblings, "What if they come here?"

"Then we'll just feed them you." Aria snickered only to receive a bop on the head from Adagio.

"Don't scare her, Aria." Adagio said.

After an hour of watching television and eating the sirens began to feel the call of sleep. Aria was the first to go and was already out cold in her room leaving only Sonata and Adagio in the living room. Sonata's eyes were starting to flutter as she fought the urge to sleep while Adagio kept paying attention to the television. On the screen was a seen from a few months ago. She learned the names of this world's cities, which were surprisingly similar to Equestria's cities. She knew that this was Las Vegas or what used to be it. The city was a pile of rubble, smoke from the spreading fire had caused the sky to be blocked out. Standing at the center of it were six giants. Two giant lizards, what looked like a feather less bird with horns, a moth, a beetle with drills for hands, and finally a blue and gold creature with hooks for hands.

"This is video coverage of the second most violent rampage of the year. After attacking the military base Area 51 the two kaiju, that have been dubbed Gigan and Megalon, made there way to the city of Las Vegas. While some say it was merely a coincidence others claim that Godzilla's appearance was an act of heroism. After engaging the two monsters alone he was soon aided by three other kaiju Rodan, Anguirus, and Mothra. All four monsters were soon able to drive off the unknown kaiju into space where they seem to have remained. But what has many talking about the acts of Godzilla is this video shown just before the kaiju escaped a military bombing."

Adagio paid close attention to the television as a video of Godzilla approaching an apartment complex. Instead destroying it like he did most buildings around him. Godzilla held his hand out like he was trying to catch something. The camera zoomed in on his hand revealing what was in his house sized palm. Adagio's eyes widen when she saw that two women were sitting in his palm.

"Susan Hikari and Captain Akiko of the Anti-Godzilla Attack Force and the newly formed G-team claim that Godzilla rescued them. Many online fans have dubbed these young ladies the Godzilla girls. The debates of this new Godzilla have been going on since his arrival in San Francisco."

There was a small yawn and a pressure on her lap. She looked down finding Sonata to be sleeping on her lap. Adagio pat Sonata with a small smile as she kissed her little sister's head. Adagio let the television play for a few more minutes before finally turning it off. She sighed her body not letting her move anymore, "Looks like I'm sleeping out here tonight."

She gently wrapped her arms around Sonata pulling her close as fell she over. She held her sister close with a smile as she listened to her soft snores.

"I won't let anything happen to you."

……..
Ponyville Road
……….

On the other side of town another group of girls were watching the same television program at a certain pink haired party planners house.

"Why are we watching this again?" Rainbow Dash asked bored out of her mind.

"It's for the field trip tomorrow." Pinkie shouted in her normal cheerful tone.

"Besides these kaiju are amazing I thought monsters were only in Equestria." Sunset was the main member of the group paying attention to the television.

"I think they're scary, except for that one called Mothra. She just looks so nice." Fluttershy said.

"I know, darling, plus those beautiful wings of hers gave me a great idea for a dress." Rarity said not looking up as she sketched a design in her notebook.

"There is a rumor that she has magic." Twilight mentioned pushing her glasses up.

"Please she doesn't have anything on Rodan. Did you see how fast he was going?!" Rainbow Dash got out of her bored stump to join in on the conversation.

"Rodan is pretty fast, but I think Anguirus is my type he would could make a good farm hand." Applejack said.

"No way Anguirus is total party animal just look at him." Pinkie pointed to the television as a video of Anguirus bucking Megalon through a building played.

"Who's your favorite Sunset?" Twilight asked.

Sunset didn't pay attention to the conversation behind her to focused on the television it took Rainbow throwing a piece of popcorn in her hair to get the pony turned human's attention, "Sorry guys wasn't listening."

"We noticed so who's your favorite kaiju?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh that's simple, Godzilla." Sunset said before going back to the television.

...............
Unknown
...............

"Are you sure it's here?"

"Where else would it be?!"

A group of soldiers walked through a green field each of their heavy weapons rustling against their bodies. Behind them were rows of maser tanks. These were the hunters and their prey was all to aware of their presences.

"So ,what is this thing anyway?"

"Jeez newbie learn to read the files before going out in the field! It's a Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism."

"So a Muto?"

"Ugh yes! Now shut up and keep your eyes peeled."

Before anyone could continue asking there was a low clicking noise that seemed to come from every where. Everyone had stopped dead in their tracks. The sound of safeties being turned off came from each soldier's weapon. It was as if the entire world just went silent.

"Okay everyone listen up! The higher ups want this thing brought back alive. Maser team you are a last resort only attack if the target does not go down. Now let's move fast this thing just hatched so the skin is going to be soft enough for the tranquilizers pierce through and kick in." The head soldier shouted. The rest of the squad began to follow him weapons pointed out in the same direction. There was another loud clicking noise followed by a red glow. The trees began to move apart as a massive form began to approach.

It walked like a gorilla on it's massive forelimbs, on the back was a pair of bat like wings, the eyes were blood shot glowing like fire. It had drool coming down it's triangular mouth. Muto let out a massive roar before rising up on his back legs energy flowing through his front limbs he slammed them back on the ground letting loose an elector magnetic pulse. The maser tanks sparked before stopping dead in their tracks. He let out one more monstrous roar before charging the group soldiers. Instantly turning the group of hunters into his prey.