• Published 8th Jun 2016
  • 329 Views, 7 Comments

The Mechanics of Time - John Rim

  • ...
3
 7
 329

Finding the Doctor

We had just arrived at the front of the forest.

"Is this the forest?" I asked.

"Sure is." Candy smiled at me.

"Fantastic!" I exclaimed. "Let's go in!"

"Wait!" She stopped me by grabbing my tail, "Some paths are safer than others! There is poison joke, there are thorns, and don't get me started on timber wolves!" she then turned into a wolf like thing that was made out of wood.

"I've seen worse, far worse. I also have my fathers dagger, so I think I can handle it." I said. But I couldn't move, because she was still holding my tail. "Can you let go of my tail?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry. It's just that I've never met any pony brave enough to go in with me, especially in my natural bat pony form!" she said as she changed back into the black bat pony I saw before.

"I don't consider facing a wood dog brave." I said, thinking about the many worse things there are.

Her mouth dropped when I said that, but then appeared as if she was thinking. "I guess you're right. These ponies haven't seen.." she stopped there, seeming upset.

"I was thinking more of Daleks, Cyberponys, and other threats that the universe holds." I said, partially forgetting that she hasn't heard about this before.

"What in the name of Celestia are you talking about!" She said, seeming to forget about being upset.

"Well, it accidentally worked! Wait, who's Celestia?" I asked, forgetting what I said.

She just rolled her eyes as she smiled, "I always forget you're from the far lands! Come on, let's head in." She flew in a bit and motioned for me, "You coming?"

"Well, I don't really have a choice!" I said, then followed her into the forest!

"So why did you wanna come here?" She asked, but right before I answered she bumped into something, "OW!" she yelped. She was a ways in because she was flying ahead. She turned back to me with a bloody nose, "Um, okay OW! What WAS that?!" she said, rubbing her nose.

"It's what I'm here for!" I said, seeing that she ran into something invisible.

"Ugh, well thank you but my question still stands. Do you know what that was?!" Right before I could answer a doorway seemed to appear.

"Ah! John! There you are! I can see you found your way here!" Said Doc, with a big grin.

"Yes, but there is somepony else here." I said, pointing to Candy.

"Oh! Well then, you know where I am, so now you know were to find me if you need anything." He said. "Well, I'll be seeing you then!" Then he closed the doors.

"Well then Candy! Let's go to where you sleep so that I can help you!" I said. Candy just stood there, eyes widened and mouth hanging open. "You look like you just saw a Cyberpony and a Dalek planting flowers!" I said with a big grin. "Come on! I need you lead!"

"I...you...what just HAPPENED?!" Candy said, still standing in front of where we saw Doc.

"As Doc would put it, "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey"" I said.

"Doc?" Candy said, still confused.

"Yes, Doc, can we get going?" I asked.

"I...you..." Candy sighed, "I'll ask later, come on, I'll show you where I stay." She then flew right behind Doc's TARDIS and landed in a small blanket.

"That's cute." I said, looking at her in her blanket.

"Thanks, I made it myself." She sighed, looking at the little drawings she kept around it. They showed her playing with other ponies, happily.

"Well, time for me to guard!" I said as I stood there, looking for threats.

She giggled, "Thanks for staying with me, I gotta get some sleep. Good night!"

"Good night!" I said. She then fell asleep rather quickly. "Doc has scanners around the place, It'll go ding if there's any threats. So that means I can go see the doctor for a bit." Then I went into the TARDIS. We mostly talked about where I was staying, and about Candy. Him making occasional jokes. Then I left to keep watch for bad things. Then, In the middle of the night I heard her yelp. "I HAVE A SPORK AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT! Wait, why do I have a spork? Wait." I found she was still asleep, starting to sleep talk.
` "No! Don't do it!""We can't leave the others behind!" I saw tears roll down her cheeks as she slept, "No! No not you, why did you team up with them?! Please...no please, NO!" She then woke up, screaming.

"Candy, are you alright? I asked.

"I...you..." her colors had changed to much paler colors, and her eyes were green instead of red, she twitched as she kept repeating, "Just a dream." She was rocking back and forth the whole time.

"Candy, are you alright? What happened?" I asked.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!" She flew away rather quickly, but crashed into a nearby tree, getting knocked out.

"Something must have happened in that dream of hers that involved me, and something bad." I said, then |I picked up her unconscious body, and carried her over to her bed. Then when I put her down I noticed that her forehead was bleeding. "That's not good." I said, then I wrapped up her head. with some of the medical tape I had on me. "Always comes in handy." I said, then I continued to watch for enemies. When morning came Candy came to.

"Ugh...what happened?" I noticed that her colors were back to normal, "Why is there a bandage around my head?" She looked up at
the medical tape, looking confused.

"You flew into a tree in your sleep." I said.

"Ugh...my head hurts. Wait a second, AH!! How hard did I hit my head did you see?!" She seemed concerned, especially since she grabbed me as she asked.

"Not that hard." I said.

"Phew! If I had hit my head too hard..." she sighed, seeming to know something that I didn't.

"Well, now that you are ok. Should we go to that big castle on the mountain, or visit the town again?" I asked.

"Well, if you want before I'm needed in Canterlot I could tell you about being a changeling hybrid. You DO seem like the sciency type." She giggled.

"That would be Fantastic!" I said. She took off her bandage, showing only a small bruise.

"It can get kind of complicated, so I guess you're getting kind of a story time!" She laughed a fantastic laugh, "So when I get hurt, if it's serious enough, it becomes permanent, but there are some good things about all this. For example, watch this!" She then turned into TwilightSparkle, and in a couple seconds blurted out EVERYTHING about her! "Cool huh?"

"I am not entirely fond of 'Twilight' after our first meet." I said.

"Yeah, once you get to know her she is really nice! Same thing goes for Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity!"

"Wait, did you say Rarity?" I asked.

"Yea, why?" Candy asked.

"Not her! I can deal with rainbow dash for at least an hour, but NOT RARITY!" I said, remembering the nightmare that was my first encounter with her.

"John...I know she's annoying at times, but still give her a chance! I mean with all the knowledge I gain from other ponies there are things that even I can't learn about them just by changing into them! When I first changed into Rainbow Dash part of her mind was locked off from me! I had to talk to her to find out. Even though all I learned was that she worked at the weather factory, I still learned something new! Aaaand I changed the subject didn't I." She laughed.

"Is there anything else about you?" I asked.

"Not much else, I mean I'm still leaning things about myself! For example, if I don't leave for Canterlot as Sunburst right now she's going to be late!" she said, looking at my watch. "I wonder if it's faster to fly or take the train."

"Train is safer for that distance." I said.

"Do you think I can't handle it? Sunburst is a pretty strong flyer! Ooh! How about you take the train, and I fly! It can be a race!" She seemed excited.

"Sure, why not." I said.