• Published 8th Jun 2016
  • 329 Views, 7 Comments

The Mechanics of Time - John Rim

  • ...
3
 7
 329

The years with The Doctor

Day 27; Month 1; Year 1; Location: Interior of TARDIS

"Doc! I finished the clock!" I shouted.

"Amazing! let me see!" Doc said as I walked up to him. "Well so you did! I'm impressed, especially for somepony who is only three!"

"I'm turning four in a few days. You remembered, didn't you?" I asked.

"Why of course I did! How could I forget? I mean, I was at every one of your birthdays." He pointed out.

"Yay!" I shouted with glee. Then I wondered off to tinker with some more clocks.

'I probably should do something for him' Thought the Doctor in his head. 'But what.'

Day 30; Month 1; Year 1; Location: a garden near the School for Gifted Unicorns

"Wait, Doc why are we here?" I asked, not knowing where we were.

"For your gift!" Doc said.

"Are we going to a store!?!" I asked, exited to do something I never had before.

"No, it would be too dangerous for time." He said.

"Then why are we here?" I asked.

"To watch a light show!" Doc said.

"You had some ponys put on a light show for me?!?" I excitedly asked.

"No, but somepony is about to do something on accident, that creates a light show that I think you might like." Doc said. But before I could say anything, I was silenced by a rainbow circle thing in the sky. Then a large magic like explosion from a building that a purple filly entered not long ago.

"There it was! Did you enjoy that?" Doc asked.

"I loved it!" I said excitedly.

"great! now, we should head back to the TARDIS. Before anyone sees you." He said, looking around.

"Ok! I said, just happy about what I just saw.

Day 7; Month 2; Year 1; Location: Calbris

"Um, Doctor, why are we here?" I asked, confused why we would be at such a mechanical place.

"Well, because of how you can disassemble and reassemble a clock within an hour, I thought I might teach you how to make something!" Doc said, happy that I can finally move on from a clock.

"Yay! Wait, what are we making?" I asked.

"A simple humidifier." He said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a thing you put water into and steam comes out, you use it if you are coughing or something." He explained.

"Oh! That sounds like fun!" I said.

"Great!" Doc said. 'I'm glad the death of his parents hasn't affected him to the point of just sitting around in the TARDIS all day doing nothing.' He said in his head.

Day 27; Month 12; Year 1; Location: Outside of the Crystal Empire

"Wow! Where are we?!" I asked excitedly, looking around at all of the snow and crystal type buildings.

"We are a mile away from the Crystal Empire, a few years after King Sombra first attacked it. The entire Empire is made out of crystals, even the towns ponys!" He explained.

"Hmm." I said as I looked around at the few scattered crystals here and there. "These crystals might help me on my project!" I said excessively. But then I noticed somepony lying down in the snow a bit to the left of me, not towards the Empire. So, because I wouldn't be going towards the Empire, I went over to see if they were alright. But as I got closer, I could see that they had holes in their legs! So I galloped up to them and asked them if they were alright. "Sir! Are you ok?" I asked frightened.

"What do you want." It asked in pain and annoyed.

"You look like you are hurt from the holes in your legs, and you sound like you are in pain." I said

"Why would you care, you'll just run off like the others, and leave me here to die." It angrily said.

"No I won't! Here, um, what do you eat?" I asked.

"Wait, do you really not know what I am?" It questioned.

"Well, no. But you look like you are hurt so I want to help!" I said.

"Well kid, these holes in my legs are natural, but you can't help me with the food part." He said, still lying there.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I feed off of love. you don't seem to have anyone you love, only a friend who you look up to as a parent." It said.

"Well then how about I give you love!" I said as I hugged him.

"Kid, you don't have to help me, I'm not good, I was made to be evil." He said.

"Everypony can be a good pony if they try." I said.

"Thanks kid, but I don't have a choice , I either take someponys love, or I die." It said sadly.

"Why not make other ponys love you?" I asked.

"Because everypony else is scared of me." It said.

"Well I'm not." I said.

"That's because you're different, You Don't know what I am, or what my kind have done." It said.

"Just because your kind did something bad, doesn't mean that you did, not everypony is the same." I said, and with that, it's wings started to flap and it sat up.

"Thanks kid. You are the only pony to ever be nice to me. What's your name?" It asked.

"John Rim, What's yours?" I asked.

"I don't have a name, only a number." It said sadly.

"I'll call you, Mr. Holes!" I said happily.

"Thanks, Mr. Holes, I like that name." It said, then it smiled and flew back to it's home. Then that's when The Doctor came up to me.

"Who were to talking to?" He asked.

"A black pony with holes in it's legs! I named him Mr. holes!" I said.

"Oh, well I'm glad you're safe." He said. "Let's head back to the TARDIS."

"Ok." I said, then we went to the TARDIS.

Day 29; month 1; Year 5: Location: Interior of the TARDIS

"I'm so excited! Tomorrow is my eighth birthday!" I said happily, with my British accent being thicker, and my machine I had been working on in private. It was a scanner that would allow for me to scan a pony, give a brief biography about them, basically saying their age, and species. "I wonder what we will be doing this time! last few times all we have done is go into a big historical event that looks nice. But maybe we will be doing something different." I said, having high hopes. However, somewhere else in the TARDIS, The Doctor wasn't as up beat as I was about it.

'I don't know if I should tell him this time or just wait until next year. No, I have been pushing this back until I thought he was ready, he has grown up and is very mature. He has seen entire civilizations burn because of the work from CyberPonys, and whole planets crumble because of the power of the Daleks. So he can handle a simple fact. At least, he should.' The Doctor said in his head.

Author's Note:

What is the "Simple fact" that The Doctor is talking about? How will John handle it? Will Batman and Robin be able to capture the Joker and save Commissioner Gordon? Find out next time!