• Published 8th Jun 2016
  • 329 Views, 7 Comments

The Mechanics of Time - John Rim

  • ...
3
 7
 329

Ponyville!

I entered Ponyville and started to go around, to try and figure out what and where everything is. However, as I was walking A pink thing started to come towards me at unreasonable speeds! Then it instantly stopped right in front of me, and greeted me at a very fast speed.

"Hi I'm Pinkie Pie! I haven't seen you around town before. Are you new here? Om My Gosh you are! Where are your parents? Would you like to meet my friends? Oh! Let's go meet my friends!" The Pink pony said, but before I could say anything it grabbed me and launched off with me. Then immediately stopped at a big, decorated, house like tree. Because of the sudden stop I slammed into the door. Then I could hear a mares voice from inside.

"What in Equestria was that!" She said, then the door opened and revealed a purple unicorn with a mostly blue purple mane with a two streaks of different shades of purple. Then she started talking to the pink pony, not even noticing me. "Pinkie! What did you do that!"

"I didn't! He did!" The pink one, presumably Pinkie, said. Then she pointed to me.

"Who are you? And why did you hit my door so hard?" She asked with a stern look.

"I didn't! She took me here and stopped so suddenly that I couldn't stop!" I said.

"Wait, what do you mean?" The purple one asked.

"I just got here, and she blabbered some words and then took me here!" I said.

"Pinkie! Did you just take this poor foal for no reason?!?" She asked worriedly.

"Poor?" I managed to say before Pinkie started to talk.

"He is new to town! And he looked just so darn cute that I had to show you!" She said.

"Cute?" I managed to say.

"Just because of that doesn't mean you can just take him! His parents are probably worried sick!" The Purple one shouted. then she looked at me. "I'm sorry about my friend here, she gets exited about a lot of thing. My name is Twilight Sparkle, and who are you?" She asked.

"I'm John Rim." I said.

"Ok John, where are your parents?" She asked me.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said, trying not to cry.

"Please tell me, I need to know so I can take you to them." She said kindly.

"They're dead." I said trying to not cry as hard as I could.

"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry. Here, I'll take you to the orphanage." She said.

"No! I was sent here because I know how to take care of myself." I said.

"But, the orphanage will take care of you.

"I don't need any pony to take care of me, I can fend for my self." I said.

She sighed then said, " Ok then. While I may not agree with it I will let you chose. But first let's go see my friend Fluttershy, she like tiny things." Then we left for this "Fluttershy's" house. Once we arrived, I saw that it was more of a cottage then a house. Then Twilight knocked on the door. "Fluttershy, are you home?" She asked to the door.

"I'll be out in a minute." I could hear slightly. Then the door opened revealing a yellow pegasus with a pink mane. "hello girls, what do you need?" She asked.

"We-" Twilight started to say, but was cut off by Pinkie.

"We found a little foal!" She said showing me.

"Oh my! He is so adorable!" She said at almost a whisper.

"Why are you calling me cute and adorable?" I asked. Obviously there are other foals and fillies around here, right?

"Well, You're new! so we haven't seen you before." Fluttershy said.

"This town is getting to me." I said angrily.

"Let's go see Applejack. she can help you-" twilight said, but was cut of by a loud shout from the sky, coming towards us very quickly.

"LOOK OUT! I CAN'T STOP!" I heard. Then I ran away from the sound as fast as possible, I got away but the other ponys weren't so lucky. So I walked over to the crash site and found a blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane on top of Twilight.

"Rainbow Dash! Why didn't you go up!" Twilight shouted.

"I'm sorry! I thought I would be able to!" Rainbow dash, I'm guessing, said.

"Really? this happens in almost every other story!" Pinkie pie said. In return she got stares from everypony. "What?" She asked.

"Don't worry about that John, she does it a lot."Twilight said.

"Wait, who's John?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The foal over there!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Oh, hi!" said Rainbow Dash. "I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in Equestria!"

"That's a very wide area, so how do you know you are faster than everypony else in this entire area?" I asked, quite annoyed of this town already.

"Well, umm. I just know so?" She said, uncertain.

"She is though!" Pinkie Pie said. "She has beat everypony at races!"

"I probably shouldn't have said anything." I said under my breath. "Can we just go to this "Applejack" you speak of?" I asked, wanting to avoid any conflict.

"Yes, we should probably be heading out." Twilight said, then we left for Applejack's house.

-A little bit later-

"Here we are!" said pinkie Pie. Then I saw an orange pony with a yellow mane. Presumably Applejack.

"Hey there girls! Uh, who's the little one?" She asked.

"My name is John Rim. You must be Applejack." I said.

"Ah sure am! What bring's y'all down here?" she asked, with a strong southern accent.

"We were wondering if you could help out our friend get his way around town." Twilight said. but little did she know that as she was talking I dashed off. Mostly because I didn't want do deal with another one of her friends, and I just wanted some time alone. So I found a very tall, decorative building, and sat down next to the door to put on my mothers blue bowtie for a bit. Then the door opened and a white hoof came out, grabbed me, then pulled me inside.

"What is it this time?" I said, quite annoyed of the constant things that kept happening.

"Darling! you must have something better to wear then that beat up old bowtie!?" She asked, or maybe exclaimed? I couldn't tell.

"I take high offence to that." I said, quite offended by the insult to my mother.

"Do not worry darling, Rarity here will get you a nice new one!" She said, happily?

"Oh no, I ran into a crazy fashion mare!" I shouted before being measured.

"Oh hush now darling! I shall make you fabulous!"

"Please don't."

"Oh but I must!"

"No you mustn't."

"Oh you will look fabulous darling!"

"Please stop calling me that."

"Oh but you are!"

"Somepony please save me."

"Oh I will save your fashion."

"I would rather be stuck in a Dalek spaceship then be in here."

"But Darling you will look fabulous!"

"If I hear darling or fabulous one more time I'm running out the fire exit."

"Oh don't worry darling-"

"I'M OUT!" Then I ran right out the fire exit. Even used my wings a bit too. I flew right behind a barn, the side of it had some equipment. I was guessing it was a school, but I didn't care. I flew back to the house where Applejack lived, and I got on their roof. As I looked to the left I saw a tree house of some sort. I also say that it had an attic. So I flew straight towards the attic. It was getting lat so I decided to try and get some sleep, It was a few months ago since the last time I fell asleep. So I decided I would now. However when I did, I had a nightmare about Daleks, Cyberponys, and my parents death. I woke up and it was morning. Then I noticed that something fell out of my saddlebag, as I looked I noticed that it was my scanner. So I decided to think about something out loud. "All the problems I have had in one day. Pinkie pie, ponys calling me cute, Rainbow Dash's bragging, Rarity, Rarity, and I lost my SCANNER! AHHHHH! Why did Doc leave me here of all places!" I said angrily. "Well, I'm going to the school first, it is most in trouble there.

Author's Note:

Longest Chapter yet! Rarity annoyed me! I got her mane wet! Hah hah hah!