• Published 8th Jun 2016
  • 329 Views, 7 Comments

The Mechanics of Time - John Rim

  • ...
3
 7
 329

Holey Candy Batpone!

As we were walking to the castle I looked up and saw a black pony-like figure on the roof of a building, but then it disappeared and I took it as nothing. However, when I looked at another one I saw a different one, but redish. then it dashed off.

"I think somepony's following us." I said. Then, as if on cue, the two things landed right in front of us.

"I'm Batpone!" the one is a black and grey suit with a cape and a mask that had two little things poking up on the top sides said.

"And I'm Robin!" The one in red and black suit with a cape and a mask that only covered the area around his eyes said.

"Who are you." Batpone asked.

"I'm John, and this is Mr. Holes." I said. Then Robin gasped.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To my friend Candy." I said.

"Robin don't you dare." Batpone said angrily.

"Holey Candy Batpone!" Robin said with a big grin.

"WHY YOU LITTLE!" Batpone shouted before tackling Robin and punching him. After that we ran until we couldn't see them anymore.

"That was odd." I said.

"Indeed" Mr. Holes said. After a bit of walking we arrived at the castle again, then Mr. Holes turned into Justin Singer and we entered. As we were going to Candy's room we were stopped by a guard.

"Why are you too out so late?" He asked.

"We were only going out for a stroll in the town." Justin answered.

"Why did you bring this small foal with you?" He asked.

"He is an old friend of mine." Justin replied.

"Does he have permission from his parents?" He asked.

"Keep on pestering me and I'll tell Luna you were giving me a hard time." Justin warned.

"She would not care." He said.

"I'm Justin Singer." Justin said.

"Oh, I'm terrible sorry. I will leave you to your business." The guard said.

"Thank you." Justin said, then we continued on. Eventually we got to the room.

"You need to be really quiet in here, but you can be in your normal form." I said.

"Alright, I'll trust you." He said, then we walked in.

"Let's head towards the bathroom." I said.

"Why there?" He asked.

"Because I can lock the door and nopony can come in." I said.

"Alright." He said, then we went in. Then, after a bit of talking, we left. However, when I opened the door I saw Candy awake as Sunburst.

"John why are you awake. AH!!! 10294!!!" Candy yelped as Sunburst.

"How do you know who I am?!?" Mr. Holes demanded. All of the sudden Candy sneezed, turning into her changeling form. "Who are you?!" He demanded.

"That's Candy!" I quickly said. Candy then changed back into her natural bat pony form.

"So it is." He said. "Here to destroy my friend?"

"Wait what? John why is he here?! He was a spy, DID MY MOM SEND YOU?!?!?!" She then turned bright red in anger. Starburst then woke up.

"Candy what's going on. AAH!!!!" Starburst hid under her blankets, "I'll let you handle this one Candy!" I then grabbed Mr. Holes, and tried to fly out of the room, but candy locked the door before I could get there, and I just stopped. Not saying anything. I just looked down and din't say anything.

"No pony leaves until I GET MY ANSWERS!" Candy shouted.

"Why are you hare. Don't you have a city to destroy or something?" Holes responded.

"YOU FIRST SOLDIER!!!" Candy sounded like a general at this point. "I, WANT, ANSWERS!!!"

"I don't take orders from killers." He said, trying to be calm. Probably for my sake.

"May I remind you of the one who did the killing, WHO ALSO WASN'T FORCED TO LIVE A LIFE SHE NEVER WANTED TO LIVE IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!!" Candy then gasped and covered her mouth as her red glow went away. Then I started to twitch. Which was odd, because I never twitch. However at the same time, never before was I under this much stress. Then my eyes started to water. But my face was straight with a slight frown. Holes put his hoof on me, but remained silent.

Candy took a deep breath and started to calm down, "Look 10294, I never wanted to do any of that killing, nor did I have a choice! That's why I ran off, please, just don't tell my mom!" Candy begged as she teared up. However, he remained silent.

"He has a name. He is not just a number." I said, no longer twitching. "Why can't either of you RESPECT ONE ANOTHER!" I shouted, now very angry and upset.

"I..huh? But mom only gave out numbers with the exception of me. And why would I respect him? He works for my mom!!!" Candy yelled, starting to glow red again.

"You have no respect for him, you didn't even ask if he had a name, or anything NICE! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO ASK ANYTHING ABOUT HIM! I-I." Was all I could say.

"John...he killed dozens of ponies! Why are you defending him?!" Candy said through clenched teeth. I remained silent. Candy started to do something that surprised me a bit, she shuddered, and her facial expression went from rage to absolute terror. "Y-y-you won't tell m-m-my mom....r-r-right?" Candy stammered.

"She left me to die years ago, I have no respect for killers, and after what you did to my only friend, you lost my respect as well." Holes said. Then he walked over to me, got down, and wrapped his hoof around me.

"But..I didn't want to...John what does he mean by friend? I'm sorry for what I said it's just...please tell me." Candy pleaded.

"Many years ago, on the same year as my parent's death, I found him in the snow, helpless, so I went up to him, and talked to him. I hugged him to feed him love and I named him. He flew off." I said.

"I flew away from there, to try and get a new life, what he told me helped me. Let me be a better pony. I decided to not be with the queen anymore, because she just left me to die. Alone."

"I...I'm sorry. I didn't know, if I had known I would have had some pony come back for you. I'm sorry..." Candy started to cry a little.

"I'm glad you didn't." Holes said.

"You wanted to leave...didn't you." Candy suddenly understood what Holes meant, "I understand, I ran off on the day of the wedding attack, to escape from my mom. John found me at school in Ponyville, and we became best friends." Candy smiled.

"After one year alone, I realized what we were doing. And I don't want to be a part of that." He said.

"Wow one year?" Candy said, "How did you not starve to death?!"

"Sometimes, random ponys would walk by, to enjoy the scenery, they would usually be a couple, so I would feed off of them for a bit. However, I was still starving, then winter came. and I was freezing. Then John came along and He gave me enough love to leave." Holes said.

"John...saved you?" Candy then looked over at me as she limped forward. Then she suddenly hugged me very tightly, 'I'm so sorry!" she cried

"It's alright, you didn't know." I said as I hugged her back. "But please don't just jump to conclusions." I asked.

"It's just...all of the changelings that I was raised around were evil. I...I guess I just assumed," Candy started

"That so was I." Holes finished, no longer holding me.

"I'm sorry. I was wrong about you...you're a good changeling." Candy smiled, "Now what IS your name?"

"Mr. Holes." Mr. Holes said, smiling a bit.

"Well it's nice to find a changeling who understands wanting to change. I ran off during the attack we were planning for for nine years!" Candy said.

"The Canterlot one?!" Holes exclaimed.

"Yea, it wasn't easy though. I lost one of my friends." Candy started to cry a bit, "I didn't even have a chance of saving her..." Candy sniffled, so I went over to calm her down.

"We can't always save everypony. It's not always possible." I said. Candy just cried into my shoulder as she changed uncontrollably.

"What's she doing?" Holes asked. Candy kept sobbing, so I did the talking for her.

"When she get upset or sad enough she will start to change without control." I explained. Candy sniffled and started to calm down a little. "Are you feeling better?" I asked.

"Yea...." she sniffled, but then started crying again, "SUNBURST!!!" she sobbed. I just kept on hugging her.

"Looks like my sholder is now clean. I said, my shoulder being soaks with Candy's tears. Holes looked confused.

"Sunburst, you mean Celestia's kid?" he said, that only made Candy sob harder.

"You are not helping." I said.

"Sorry." He said. Then I heard knocking on the door.

"Holes, go into the bathroom, and lock the door!" I said trying to be quiet. Candy's ears perked up as she quickly changed into Sunburst and Holes ran to the bathroom, Starburst had been out from under her covers for a while now, so she just hopped out of bed and followed Holes. Candy wiped away her tears and put on the straightest face I've ever seen!

"Um, what's that face supposed to mean?" I asked. Candy whispered.

"Just...watch." The door opened and a guard came in bowing.

"Good morning princess, did you sleep well?" Candy amazed me by suddenly sounding like nothing was wrong at all.

"I slept excellently! Please tell my mom and aunty Luna that I'll be down in a few."

"Sure thing princess, anything else?" the guard asked.

"No thanks!" Candy said, the guard left after that. After a few seconds Candy changed back to normal and started to tear up again. I just let my jaw hang open.

"How, what. Wha. Uh."

"I lived a lie...I learned to act." Candy said, still crying.

"How is that living a lie?" I asked. Candy then started to cry harder.

"I lived in the wastelands with my mom, who thought I was evil!" She started to glow red, so I backed off. I didn't know what to say. Starburst came out of the restroom.

"Is it safe for holes to come out? I have to use the little mares room."

"Yeah it is." I said.

"Oh thank aunt Celestia!" Starburst said with a sigh of relief, "Holes you can come out!"

"Alright, I don't like it in there, at least with another pony. It makes me feel weird." Holes said while he was coming out.

"You said it." Starburst said as she closed the door.

"I heard what she said about her mom," Holes said, "I feel kind of bad for her, I mean look at her!" Candy had hoppd back into bed, and was now sobbing into her pillow instead of my shoulder. "We should do something." He said.

"I don't know what though!" I said.

"I might, I was one of the changelings who foal-sat her every once and a while, and I seem to remember her enjoying my impressions." Holes said."I might, I was one of the changelings who foal-sat her every once and a while, and I seem to remember her enjoying my impressions." Holes said. "Would you like to hear some impressions?" He asked. Candy sniffled as her ears perked up.

"Holes, it's been seven years." Holes didn't listen to her as he changed into Luna.

"HUZZAH!!! THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!" Candy giggled, and eventually busted out laughing as Holes kept changing.

"Heh heh. I'm glad that she's happy again." I said quietly to myself.

"Thanks guys...I just miss Sunburst," Candy then changed into Sunburst and took a deep breath, smiling at us, she said, "Let's head down for breakfast John! Luna wants to talk to you."

"She wants to speak with me? I wonder why that it?" I said.

"Well Celestia isn't here for the gala, maybe it's about your invite!" Candy said happily.

"Well, let's not keep her waiting! Also, do you think she would mind if Holes would join?" I asked.

"Uuuh...I don't know after the Canterlot attack." Candy said with a worried look.

"Oh don't worry, he's somepony else when he's in public." I said.' Someone I think she likes."

"Oh boy Holes you got yourself in a bit of trouble." Candy laughed as she used her abilities.

"Why's that?" He asked while turning into Justin Singer. Candy only giggled as she limped out the door. Starburst then came out of the restroom.

"Hey Candy have you seen, OH MY GOODNESS JUSTIN SINGER IS IN MY BEDROOM!!!!!!!" Starburst squealed.

"I think I know what she meant now." Justin said. Starburst started to bounce around the room, so I did the only thing I could think to do, I leaned over to Justin and whispered.

"Run!" With that, we flew out as fast as we could, with Starburst following.

"WAIT FOR ME JUSTIN!!!!!!!" Starburst yelled after us.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" We both shouted.

"What in the name of my sister is going on?!" Luna shouted as she saw us, all three of us stopped dead in our tracks, with Starburst hugging Justin's leg.

"Oh Justin!" Luna said, obviously trying not to squeal, "Excuse my daughter, she's a big fan. Starburst, please leave Justin Singer alone."

"But mom!" Starburst wined.

"No buts, your cousin didn't even fangirl this much!" Luna said as Candy came out from behind her in Sunburst's form.

"You go aunty Luna!" Candy said, obviously amused by all this.

"But it's Justin Singer!!" Starburst said, still squeezing Justin's leg.

Luna sighed, "Sunburst, you know what to do."

"I don't know if I can handle any more of this!" I said.

"Aww but this is silly!" Candy said as Sunburst, holding a tub of popcorn she had gotten with her magic.

"Sunburst..." Luna said in a stern voice.

"Oh alright," Candy said, getting rid of her popcorn and getting up. She cast a spell that put Starburst in a bubble and she couldn't get out.

"HEY LET ME GO!!! JUSTIN REMEMBER ME!!!!!!!!" Starburst yelled as Candy limped away with her.

"Sorry about that, right this way John, Justin you're welcome to join us, Starburst won't bother you, I promise." Luna said.

"Alright." He said.

We walked into the dining room, only to see Candy as Sunburst next to Starburst, who was tied up in magical ropes.

"SUNBURST!!!" Luna shouted.

"Oh...you wanted the boring containment." Candy said as she turned the ropes into a sound proof bubble. Starburst just sighed and ate her breakfast inside the bubble.

"I'm oddly happy about this." I said. Candy giggled as she sat down. "So Luna, you wished to speak to me?" I asked.

"Oh yes, Celestia just wanted me to give you this for the gala tonight." Luna said as she gave me a tuxedo.

"Celestia?" I asked. "Is that the love one?"

Candy whispered something to Luna, "I see, Celestia is my older sister John. Sunburst here is her daughter, i'm sure she can explain everything you need to know" Candy smiled as Sunburst, but I could tell she was holding back tears. Then I heard something in my head. 'You must go to, Then he used ancient to tell Gallifreyian to tell me a location, I will meet you there.' I knew it was the Doctor because a long time ago he told me that he would use Gallifreyian when I am around others who can read my mind. It translated to 'The hall of Candys room.' However, it also meant something important. So I had to go there.

"I need to go for a second. I will be back." I said before going to the location. Once I got there i noticed a white figure behind me. "How can you read my mind?"

"While I can't read minds, I can use my abilities to tell when somepony is communicating with another telepathically, and whenever that happens I can't help it when I use my abilities." Candy said, "Now why are you here?"

"Warble. Garble." I said, but then the Doctor came out of Candys room and greeted me.

"Hello John, I see you brought your marefriend." He said.

"Why must you torture me so." I said.

"Ah hah hah. Don't worry, I know that you two are only friends." He said with a smile. "However, I must ask, why is she here?" He asked. Candy nudged me as she cleared her throat rather loudly.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm expecting an answer as well John."

"I don't know why she's here and I don't intend on answering if you Don't tell me why you followed me." I said.

"Fine." Candy said.

"Ok, the reason is, it will be told later on. Bye!" I said before dashing strainght into the TARDIS with the Doctor and locking the doors.

"Alright doc, what is it?" I asked.

"Well, I just wanted to check up on you." He said.

"And that is important enough to speak in French?" I asked.

"Well, you are my son after all."

"That still doesn't excuse you."

"So, how have you been doing?"

"I've been doing alright."

"That's good. Well, that's all I wanted to know. You can continue doing what you were doing." He said.

"Thank you." I said angrily as I walked out."

"Well," I was greeted by an angry Candy in Sunburst's form, "I'm waiting smart guy."

"You really think I'm smart?" I asked.

"Well duh! You, DONT ChANGE THE SUBJECT!"

"Alright. He is a pony that was here and needed me." I explained.

"John..." Candy started tapping her hoof impatiently.

"Let's go finish breakfast!" I said, walking to the dining room.

"JOHN!" Candy yelled.

"What?"

"John I KNOW he's your dad, while I may not be able to see that part of your mind, I CAN see the resemblance!"

"Oh no, my parents are dead they died eight years ago. Besides, just because I look like him doesn't mean I'm related." I explained. Candy suddenly changed into me for a split second, her eyes widened after she changed back. "Good luck trying to find anything but circles doing that." I said.

"John...I saw...it's true. He IS your dad, your parents died when you were three, you..." I stopped her there, knowing the only two things she saw.

"I put those things there because I didn't want you looking into my past. Those were not real. I will not ever let you go that deep into my mind. The deepest you can get is when I found Pinkie Pie." I said. Candy shook her head, knowing that I was lying, she simply limped back to the dining room. "I must make sure that she forgets those things. She seems to want to know to much about me. Especially the things I was told never to reveal. I need to make sure that no one else ever hears or knows about this, the damage that could be done if the wrong things know could have deadly consequences." I said to myself before walking back into the dining room.