• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 440 Views, 8 Comments

Mask Charade - Marina Oceania



Even a Changeling can change for the better. But my Destiny is Unknown, Join me as I venture all over Equestria behind a mask as I help both my kind and the Equestrians, But am I a Hero or a Villain?

  • ...
4
 8
 440

My Name?

My return to the Hive empty handed was greeted by disappointed eyes and snarls, The General approached me and shouted furiously " You weakling why did you abandon your mission you should have bought a foal or Infiltrated the village! instead you come here empty handed."

before I could reply some of my brothers and sisters have returned, I saw Razor Edge taking the lead, he proudly announced "Sir we have captured some foals and a few of us have already Infiltrated the village but a princess came with her royal guards and captured some of our siblings."

The General Pridefully replied "Thanks for the report Soldier! Now here is a changeling that we should all be proud of."

I lay confused as they only imprison these foals, I could only imagine what awaits them here in the hive, I am just tired and I really need to rest, as I made my way through the hive back to my cocoon Shelly followed me.

"Sorry I left you, I was just ..." Shelly was silenced as I put my hoof on her mouth.

"No Shelly I am the one who must be sorry, you are right we are monsters."

I was tired and I asked if we can talk tomorrow, she agreed then flew back to her cocoon.

The hive is like a labyrinth full of cocoons and slime squishing through my hooves, thankfully I remember the smell of my cocoon so I found it immediately and slept without worrying anything at all, as the sun rose through the sky its beams went through a hole on the hive and beamed exactly at me waking me up nicely for the morning while the others are still asleep.

I went to Shelly's cocoon and saw that she has already woken up, after a bit of searching I saw her with a group of changelings so I decided to talk to her about yesterday, I was in the middle of their conversation when I greeted Shelly I saw the others glared at me good thing Shelly is on my side as she told them to stand down.

Quick Tooth a fierce looking Changeling then continued the conversation " So there I was chasing this little filly when all of a sudden she asked me, why I am doing this?" The other changelings Laughed and giggled at this except for me and Shelly.

Thorn Vine our crazy little sister replied "Haha, wasn't it obvious to her that she was just dinner."

I did not know what to think of this and Shelly was still not ready to talk. I made my way to the feeding stations where we share the love energy collected by the gatherers, That is when I discovered the the foals being taken here are being cast with an illusion spell by the queen to make them think they are still at their village and the changelings copy their parents so the foal's love can be drained from them, I did't understand but deep down I knew this is very wrong.

I know Shelly is still mad at me so I wanted to give her some space for now, I then got a perfect idea, I dug a hole behind my cocoon until I finally reached the outside, "This is my surprise gift for Shelly." I said to myself. I already studied everything at school and no changeling will miss me, well except maybe Shelly, but for now I will enjoy my time outside the Hive.

As I walked through the forest I saw I large pond surrounded by majestic trees and beautiful flowers. For the first time I saw my reflection and it was really unpleasant.

"We really are monsters." I said to myself.

I then began to practice my pony form so I won't have to copy the form of somepony, I practiced all day however the form I made still have some flaws like my pony hooves still have holes and my fangs are still easily seen, I returned to the hive at night and I saw Shelly near my cocoon sobbing.

"Shelly what's wrong?"

"There you are! I have been looking everywhere for you, I thought you never want to see me again." she replied as she rubs her eyes.

"Sorry to worry you, I will make it up to you, tomorrow I am going to show you something really cool I promise."

Shelly then hugged me and kissed me on the cheeks.

"Alright then see you tomorrow friend." said Shelly as she was blushing.

But fate was cruel, as morning came I looked around the hive for Shelly but she was nowhere to be found, I asked the others on where she is, I felt my heart was crushed as she was chosen to be a part of the new swarm to make a new hive, the last time we saw each other is when the swarm was flying away from the hive, Shelly was behind the swarm crying as she saw me waving goodbye as they suddenly disappeared above the clouds.

No one knows where that swarm will make a new hive but I was determined to do everything in my power to find her even if I have to leave the hive but I have to travel across all Equestria to find her and being a changeling will make my search harder as the royal guards and anypony might catch me, so I practiced making my pony form for months practicing every day on the pond.

finally I have perfected my form, as I looked on my reflection I saw that I was a good looking colt with blonde hair, blue eyes, and gray coat, But I have forgotten something very important that will bust my charade, as I looked around I saw a mare passing by and when she glanced at me then waved her hoof, I do not know how to respond so I quickly waved back in hopes that she would not find out that I was really a changeling behind the mask.

Suddenly this mare began approaching me and asked "Why are you out here all alone Deary?" I told her the truth "I am Lost and I don't know where to go."

She then asked "Do you not have any parents?"

I had to lie as this form took months to perfect, I don't wanna waste all that time and effort by letting her know I am a changeling.

I replied with a sad tone "No I don't, they have abandoned me."

"Oh my this is simply dreadful come with me child and I shall take care of you." She said very dramatically.

I replied "But you don't even know me why would you just take some random pony out in the woods with you?"

She replied with a sweet voice "I cannot bear to see a little foal like you out here in the woods all alone I simply won't allow it, I shall take you home with me."

Before I could realize it she lifted me up with her unicorn magic and gently placed me on her back I felt something in my heart that again I cannot Understand but I feel that I am regaining my Strength back, Then I realized the big cart that she was pulling with her, I instinctively got off her back and asked "Please let me pull your cart for you it's the least I could do," She refused at first but as I begged harder she agreed and with a beautiful smile she gently placed the cart holds on my back and for the first time I Smiled as we walk down the cobblestone road.

"Oh deary me!" She exclaimed "I forgot to tell you, my name is Silver Serenity, What is yours?"

The smile on my face began to frown as I was nameless, But With this Mask I am wearing and this charade of lies and deceit, I told her "I am Mask Charade."

Author's Note:

I plan to increase the words for each and every chapter.
I just do more than 1000 but below 2000 words per chapter as to help those people who are busy in life this story will maybe take 200 chapters XD

so YOLO thanks for reading I will do better Next times.