• Published 3rd Jul 2016
  • 3,226 Views, 186 Comments

My Little Universe: Season 4 - EquestrianKirin

  • ...
18
 186
 3,226

Wild Blue Yonder

A bright and beautiful day along the sandy shores. The skies above were a lovely light blue, with the breeze from the sea gently heading inland with the waves of the endless ocean. Soft waves grazed the beach, and the distant sound of the seagulls echoed in the air. The beach, despite the sand, also had various kelp plants that were uprooted from the seafloor, and washed up on shore. The kelp was being handled though, but while one would think this is Beach City sand, this beach was indeed in Equestria. One Earth Pony was whistling a happy tune, as he began to rake up the kelp around the place into one pile. He was a average pony, with greyish brown fur, pale yellow mane and tail, and violet eyes similar to Twilight. This pony was named Coco Crusoe, a seaside Earth Pony, and main kelp gatherer for the local seaside towns, and their specialty seaside salad (you can guess the main ingredient in that). The sound of the gulls, and the feel of the waves gracing his hooves was a regular for him, for the most part, and it brought a smile to his muzzle when seeing the clear ocean further out. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary, as it had been for a while, as Crusoe started to gather the seaweed and kelp off into a large barrel. As he continued on, trotting along the lath, he soon noticed a flock of seagulls fly off towards the sea just in front of him. It wasn't exactly the most surprising thing ever, as seagulls usually do that. Crusoe watched them go off towards the ocean, and down the beach, but as they did ...

Something was moving close to shore.

Crusoe looked over to the shallows, and he could just make out something in the water. The seagulls landed over along the shoreline, but seconds after they did, something swam up to the beach, and scared the birds off! It was so close to catching one of the birds, but the seagulls were just quick enough to avoid being snatched up. Coco Crusoe froze on seeing this random animal just show up, for it was nothing like he'd seen before. After missing the birds, it made a U-turn, and swam right back into the sea. Crusoe high-tailed it out of there straight afterwards, as the strange animal disappeared into the sea.

.......

"Okay Spike, is that list all set?" Twilight asked.

Back in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle was getting her list ready for the day with Spike, and at this point, Spike had a long list, with a quill in one claw, and the list in the other. Spike had spent an hour writing down what they were going to do for the day. Twilight's list of objectives ranged from visiting different places, to things only Twilight needed to check, which included 'checking the checklist', 'double-check the checklist', and even 'triple-check checklist so we didn't miss anything when we double-checked the checklist'. No joke. The very first thing even was 'create checklist', which Spike checked immediately when they were done so they could move on with the day and what they're supposed to do. The alicorn waited until Spike gave the green light with a nod of the head.

"Alright then, let's get going," Twilight decided, opening the door to the library, and taking a hoofstep outside. However, her hoof stepped down on the Ponyville newspaper. Twilight, being a reader of passion, took the moment to levitate the newspaper up to read it over. Spike walked over with the list behind him, as Twilight looked over the newspaper itself. What she read made her stop almost immediately.

"Living Fossil Fish encountered off the shores of Luna Bay."

The title alone made Twilight Sparkle excited, though Spike honestly didn't know what all the hubbub was about, trying to read it for himself. Twilight was especially excited to see such a report being put up, and with where the place was, Twilight Sparkle was simply excited. Spike got the newspaper, as Twilight was almost in Pinkie Pie mode.

"So ... what's the surprise here?"

"Don't you see Spike?! This is a big discovery in Equestria; a prehistoric animal rediscovered today! Everypony thought this was extinct for so long! Oh, if we can go and find it, it can be the biggest thing since Zap Apple Jam!" Twilight said. Maybe it was getting to her head, but, Twilight was onto something. Whatever this was, the reports claim it was a prehistoric creature, and if this really is some living fossil, then Twilight must check it out.

"You sure this guy didn't mistake it for something else? I mean, there's plenty of stuff like this all the time, and nine times out of ten they're just some trick somepony made up."

"Spike, I am NOT going to miss this opportunity! Come on, let's get the others," Twilight encouraged, galloping off fast.

"Wait, what about the list?!" Spike called. Twilight though didn't answer. Spike just shrugged, tossed the list back in the library, and raced off to join Twilight Sparkle. Looks like they're going off for some extra fun again.

~~~~~~

Outside of Equestria, off into Beach City on Earth, the life for the Gems and humans was basically as normal as it would have it. Out along the cooling waters, much like Equestria, the weather was lovely, and Lapis Lazuli was enjoying every moment of it by some calm walking along the walk, moving along it like gentle skating. It was something she loved to do, and the day was perfect for it. She did this a number of times before, one of which Fulgurite interrupted her in, but this time Lapis Lazuli wasn't being bothered too much, and it was a great time to move around. Underneath her was a sandy bay about fifteen feet deep, with small fish swimming around. And above her was Gannets, and Seagulls flying around in the sea breeze. As she was happily going along the water surface, she looked back to the shore, which showed Steven over on the shore, with Pearl, Flint, and Jade by him, watching her going along. Steven had a surfboard with him, and was already in his swimming trunks, so it was clear that he was going on out for some fun in the surf. Even if it was getting colder, Steven wanted some more fun before winter would set in, and as such, get too cold to swim around in the sea. Steven hopped up on the surfboard, and got right to Lapis Lazuli straight away.

"Hey, Steven. Ready to surf?" Lapis Lazuli asked, assuming that's what he wanted to do. Steven nodded happily.

"Let's do it!" Steven encouraged. Lapis Lazuli stayed calm, and began to work out the water a bit, and the once calm and collective waves began to turn into one, decently sized wave just for Steven to use. Lapis flew up in the air, and hovered above the water to control the wave. Steven got up on his surfboard, and began surfing around, having a lot of fun. Pearl and Jade watched Steven going around, as Flint just stayed by the wall, not really interested in what they were doing. Steven and Lapis were having a lot of fun, with Steven keeping good balance on his surfboard. While Lapis and Steven both were having a good time, Flint took just one glance out towards them, and that one glance showed him Steven, Lapis ...

And something else swimming in the water.

"Hey! Come back in!" Flint demanded. Steven and Lapis heard him loud and clear, but since Flint was nothing more than a downer, they didn't really bother themselves with him, and kept having their fun. Whatever was swimming in the water was swimming fairly fast, and over in their direction. Whether it was swimming at them or not was questionable, but Flint wasn't going to chance it.

"Get back in here, now!" Flint called again.

"What's the matter, they're having a good time," Jade said, not noticing anything. Flint moved both Jade and Pearl's heads over to the object swimming in the water.

"Well their fun's going to become trouble if they don't come in," Flint warned. Only then did Pearl and Jade realized what he meant, and tried to get their attention too, and get them to come in. The swimmer in the water began to swim off in Steven's path, but the stoked kid didn't realize until too late.

"Whoa!"

Steven suddenly got knocked off of his surfboard, almost like he struck a hard rock, and fell right into the water! Lapis immediately stopped her wave, and rushed in to get Steven. As Steven was in the water, he could barely see what had struck him, only seeing bubbles, blue water, and the blur of some sort of creature. It took one glance at him, its eye giving off a sort of shine, before it swam away. It was then that Steven was pulled out of the water by Lapis Lazuli, and brought over to shore. Flint was obviously not happy with this, as Steven was settled down onto shore.

"Steven! You okay?" Pearl asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," Steven said.

"Next time when I say come in. come in," Flint said coldly. Lapis glared to him, as she and the rest looked out to the ocean where they had been hit. The surfboard was still there, and still out on the water. All of a sudden, something looped back around in the water, and jumped up to grab the surfboard. Once it breached the surface, they all just managed to get a look on what was off shore. The thing was a fish, but no ordinary fish. It was about as big as a man, rounded face with dull teeth. Three fins on the bottom, two fins on the top, one fin on the back and one per each side. Ancient-looking scales running along its length from head to tailfin, and a white, octagon, gemstone-like mark on its top fin. In one bite, it took the surfboard, and went off with it in a splash of white water ...

Everyone on shore was left blank-faced, but as for Lapis ...

"Oh my stars! I can't believe it!" Lapis gasped.

"Well, it's about time you -"

"THAT'S AMAZING!"

"Wait, what?"

Lapis looked completely psyched on what she had just witnessed; this prehistoric fish finally appearing off of their shores. Lapis was so excited, her wings were beating like a hummingbird, spraying the others by mistake in water. Lapis though had a huge smile, and starry eyes on what she had seen. Flint was completely speechless. To him, it was a dangerous Gem fish who nearly ate Steven!

"What's so amazing about some fish?" Pearl asked.

"SOME FISH? That's not just SOME fish! Oh my stars, that's a Coelacanth!" Lapis beamed. Leave it to Lapis to identify fish.

"A what?" Steven asked.

"Steven, what you just saw was a living fossil! Oh, this is so exciting!" Lapis beamed. Flint felt his hand meet his forehead, and a groan escape his mouth. Steven though was psyched about it, thinking this was some dinosaur fish they had just come across. The Coelacanth was just off shore, and every second they wasted, it was swimming away further and further off to the open ocean. Lapis looked out to the ocean, and suddenly had her hands on Steven's shoulder.

"Steven. Are you ready for an underwater expedition?" She asked, more serious in tone. The others were speechless, yet Steven had just one answer.

"... YES."

"Lapis, wait a minute!" Pearl suddenly said.

"You can't just run off into the sea!"

"Yes I can," Lapis said.

"No, no! Lapis, Steven's a human - he can't breathe underwater," Pearl retorted, bringing up a good point for Lapis Lazuli. Steven was a human, and therefore, he needed air to breathe. Steven really wanted to go however, and actually had his own solution; his bubble!

"Here we go; one air bubble, pink and ready to go," Steven said, summoning his bubble. So long as he had this, he had all the air he needed. Pearl considered, but was still against Steven just rushing to the depths of the ocean after just some fish. Flint too had his doubts.

"Steven, be realistic here. Do you have any clue what's down there?" Flint asked.

"That's where I come in. Come on, Steven survived plenty fine on his solo mission," Lapis pointed out.

"He's just a human kid, and he will not survive down there, and you know it. That solo mission was purely dumb luck," argued Flint. Lapis looked at him crossly. She opened her mouth, and readied to speak, but all that Flint got was a glare, as she turned around.

"Come on, Steven, I'll carry you," Lapis said, smiling to Steven. Jade didn't like to see Flint doing this, and the one with Garnet was a pain to listen to. Jade knew Flint, and she had seen how trusting Lapis and Steven could be. Just before Lapis could take off ...

"I'm coming too."

Everyone turned to Jade in surprise, as Jade walked over with a smile on her face. Flint was the most shocked to see Jade make this decision, of all things.

"W-What?" Flint got out.

"I trust them to keep me safe, Flint. Plus, it sounds interesting."

"W-What the - But what about me?" Flint asked. Jade though didn't answer. Still, Steven let her join him in the bubble anyway, despite Flint's demand not to. What was Jade thinking here?! Pearl was still a bit unnerved with Steven doing this, but with who was with him, she might as well give him a chance.

"Be careful Steven," Pearl advised.

"We will," Steven replied. Flint was still not sure about this whole thing, and didn't know what else to say. Jade and Steven looked up to Lapis, who was hovering above the bubble. She got some water from the sea, and used that as some large hands for extra grip. Soon, after that, they were flying off to the sea. Flint and Pearl both watched as they went off out into the open ocean ...

~~~~~~

Back in Equestria, the preparations for going off to the sea for the Mane Six was a little more complicated. For starters, many of her friends were willing to come aside from Steven's very few. Also, there was getting off to Luna Bay, which itself took an hour or so to get to (that was the easy part). What wasn't the easy part was getting themselves a proper submarine. Yeah, ponies have magic, but, they have technology too, and that includes submarines. Of course, getting one just wasn't as easy as it sounds. Once the ponies found the docks, Twilight was getting their rental sub all set, getting their stuff inside.

"Oh, this is so, so, so, exciting," Twilight said.

"Yeah, but why are we doing this again?" Rainbow Dash asked in a tired voice, giving a good yawn afterwards. She wasn't as awake as they were, and wasn't too enthusiastic as she'd normally be. Pinkie and Fluttershy were excited to go; Pinkie because she's Pinkie, and Fluttershy for the chance to explore the Equestrian seas for a bit, to find this prehistoric fish.

"Do any of you know how big this is? If we can document it, and bring it back, it can be the biggest discovery in years!" Twilight said. Rainbow Dash was still unconvinced all that much, giving another yawn, as Pinkie happily bounded over to Twilight. Fluttershy smiled.

"Oh, This is very exciting. It'll be nice to see a new fish in the ocean," Fluttershy agreed. Pinkie suddenly popped up behind her in a sailor suit.

"Let's sail these seas! AOGA!" Pinkie yelled in excitement, jumping right inside the submarine. Rainbow didn't find the fun in just staring at fish all day. She can't fly around inside of a submarine either.

"Oh, come on Rainbow dear, it can be a nice change of pace," Rarity said. Rainbow landed over next to her.

"Seriously, Rarity. What's so cool about staring at fish all day? It's SO BORING!"

"Says the mare who watched the butterfly migration with her friend without trouble," Rarity pointed out, giggling a little bit as Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"That was a favor for her, and you know it. Now come on, let's get this aquarium visit over with," Rainbow replied, as she went over to the submarine. Everypony else was inside aside from her and Rarity, and the two soon joined them inside. The interior of the submarine was big enough to accommodate ten ponies, so room wasn't too much trouble. Twilight took some time to work out the controls, as Applejack closed the hatch.

"Alright, everypony ready?" Applejack called. Everypony else nodded, as Twilight readied herself, driving the submarine forward.

"AOGA! AOGA! AOGA!"

"Okay, Pinkie," Twilight said. Soon, after a little bit of driving, the submarine started to ascend under the waves. Pinkie had her face pancaked to the window, watching them going into the ocean. Twilight, at the controls, went straight ahead into deeper water. Twilight figured that it'll be a while until they would come close to finding anything remotely similar to what she had read on about, but in just a few short minutes ...

"THERE IT IS!" Twilight said, pointing ahead. Pretty soon, in the clear water, everypony looked over to the frontal windows, and soon saw something prehistoric swimming quietly just in front of them, looking just as the report described it in the newspaper. The fish took one look at them before it began to swim away. Of course, Twilight went on, and followed the fish off into the blue ocean.

~~~~~~

Back in Beach City, Lapis had flown pretty far out into the calm oceans. She had gone out plenty far, to the point when Beach City was but a spec. Steven could actually hold the city in his hand if he wanted to, it was that small. Jade and Steven took one more look back to Beach City one more time, before looking up to Lapis.

"Okay, this should be far enough. Are you two ready?" Lapis asked, looking down to them both.

"I'm ready, Lapis!" Steven said. Jade just nodded yes. With the green light, Lapis dropped the bubble into the water. Unlike any normal bubble, this one dropped down right away, sinking like a rock. Jade and Steven sank down further and further, as Lapis dove down to join them herself. Steven and Jade looked around at where they had ended up. The ocean was wide, and at first they didn't see much of anything, but as they kept going down, they started to see the seabed, and what they were heading towards. Underneath them, they landed comfortably down on the sandy seabed, finding themselves in a area of rocky outcrops. There was a few schools of fish, and even a jellyfish going around slowly, but not very much of the Coelacanth they'd seen earlier. There was still plenty of light from the surface, so they weren't in the dark themselves. As for the fish, it wasn't really anything special; mostly just schools of sardines hanging around the coasts, and shallow water jellyfish here and there. They did see strands of tall seaweed farther off, but apart from that, there wasn't much vegetation. Lapis floated down next to them, as Steven and Jade looked around at the ocean around them. Steven and Jade began moving forward, as Lapis swam alongside them.

"Is this ... Well, all the ocean?" Jade asked, getting a little curious. She had yet to explore the Earth sea like Lapis did, so, her knowledge about it was very limited. Lapis and Steven were a bit unsure with Jade, seeing her just ditch Flint back at the shore, but they didn't want to bring it up yet.

"Not at all, there's a ton more areas in the ocean. This is just one spot of plenty of beautiful areas," Lapis replied. Being a Gem of water, speech impediment in water was not a problem for her, the Gem able to speak in the water as easily as she would be in the air. Jade found this very interesting, as they went along. Steven glanced up, and began to see a large fish swim by just above them. It wasn't the Coelacanth, but just a sea bass going along its way. The sardines quickly scattered though when the Sea Bass tried to get itself a meal of fish, but the sardines moved a lot faster, and avoided becoming a bigger fish's snack. The Sea Bass paused once it saw the bubble next to it, and quickly swam away from it fast, going out of sight. Steven looked up once a shadow suddenly moved over them, and just swimming above them, sure enough, was the same Coelacanth! It didn't seem to notice the three just yet, but Lapis Lazuli was simply psyched on seeing it, starry eyes and all.

"There it is!" Lapis gasped happily. The Coelacanth though heard them, and began to swim away with a few strokes of its fins. Lapis went behind the bubble, and helped give Steven and Jade some speed so they could keep up with it. The Coelacanth was swimming off at a good pace. As the Coelacanth kept swimming, the mark on its top fin reflected the light from the surface, making it shine a little bit. It was a strange feature, but Lapis was more focused on just keeping up with it, as the Coelacanth swam off into deeper waters.

"Wait, come back -"

Suddenly, Steven and Jade's bubble began rolling down a slope in front of them! The land made a deep dive down, and since the two were in a round bubble, they were stuck in spinning around. Lapis tried to help, but they were rolling pretty fast. Suddenly, Jade and Steven were pinned to the walls of the bubble, spinning in circles Soon, the bubble did end up making a stop when the sand piled up in front of them. The bubble didn't pop though, thank goodness, but Lapis Lazuli was having trouble seeing what was going on due to the tossed up sand.

"Steven! Jade! You two alright?" Lapis called out. Once the sand had cleared, Jade and Steven were still in the bubble, and the two looked okay overall. Steven was a little dizzy, but he was fine all the same. Lapis was relieved, and the two other Gems looked up towards her. At first, they saw Lapis only, but soon something else started to swim back towards her, Lapis not seeing it just yet. It wasn't until it slid one of its fins along her side did Lapis see what it was. The same Coelacanth. It swam down to the bubble, circling it for a little bit to see what was going on. Odd though on how it was just swimming away from them earlier. It did this for a few more seconds, before the Coelacanth began to swim away again. Strange.

~~~~~~

"UGH, this is SO BORING."

That was Rainbow's main reaction, as they were going along in their submarine. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were enjoying the ride along the underwater seabed. Unlike the seas of Earth, Equestrian seas had their own sea life, which the Mane six keep on seeing as they went along. Just off the coasts, and they already were heading through some coal reefs. In the world of ponies, pollution wasn't as bad, so reefs were easier to find. They were beautiful to watch, with all sorts of fish going by, from small yellow tang, to grouper hidden in the corals.

"Oh, why didn't I bring my sketchpad for the trip?" Rarity thought allowed, disappointed. Rainbow just yawned though.

"Come on, Rainbow. You gotta admit this looks cool," Spike said.

"Yeah, they're colorful, but where's the energy - the action? Seriously, this is just a bore fest," Rainbow admitted. She could've easily got out of Fluttershy's butterfly migration if it wasn't for her closest friend, but this wasn't Fluttershy's idea, and she didn't have any gills to swim back so she was stuck staring at the fishes and coral. from the sub window.

"It's not that bad. The least you can do is enjoy it," Twilight said, turning back to her. Rainbow rested her head by the window, only to be met by a fish face staring directly at her. Rainbow jumped back, and found herself looking at a passing Grouper. It didn't bother much with them other than a swim by, and possibly just to spook Rainbow Dash, before swimming away. The others couldn't help but giggle a little bit, Pinkie especially. After that little spook, Twilight went back to looking in front of them. She saw plenty of lovely fish, sure, but just up ahead she began to see her target. Up ahead, she saw a similar looking fish from the newspaper she read up on about. Seeing it, her eyes lit up.

"Girls, there it is!" Twilight beamed. The others quickly rushed up to see, and sure enough it was the fish. It had armor plating lining its head, three fins on the bottom, two on the top, one on each side and one on the back for the tail. It looked similar to the one that Steven and Lapis had seen back in their world, but this one was slightly smaller, and a more prominent blue color to its scales. That was debatable though from the color of the water, but, that can be debated later. The prehistoric fish kept itself still, fins spread out, as it looked right to the ponies inside the submarine. Twilight was very happy to see it in front of her.

"Oh my Celestia. We're looking at the oldest fish in history!" Twilight gasped. The prehistoric fish took a moment, looking right inside, before it began to swim around the submarine. Twilight tried to get a camera ready to take some observation photos, but by the time she got it out, the prehistoric fish was already swimming out of shot. Twilight kept going around and trying her best, but the prehistoric fish was simply too far away.

"Come on, after that fish," Twilight announced, getting the submarine moving again.

"Let's go!" Pinkie beamed. Pretty soon, the Mane six were off again, and they went right after the fish.

The Mane Six continued in exploring the depths and following their own prehistoric fish for a while afterwards. It honestly had been rather mundane, and their progress had been unsuccessful, with the motivation almost one-sided. Only Rainbow Dash seemed more or less bored AND willing to share it, as the rest supported their friend in her conquest to study on the fish. As for keeping up with the fish, the submarine had no such problem with doing so, as they managed to keep up with the prehistoric animal for quite sometime, the fish about ten feet ahead of them the whole time. Twilight kept adding in more notes as she observed what the fish was doing, but so far the fish had only been just swimming, and nothing really special. The ponies continued looking on outside time and time again, seeing plenty of fish around the place as they continued, even after heading away from the coastal reefs and onto more open water. The fish range from plenty of species as they continued on. They were stuck with a few fish that traveled with them, which included small striped pilot fish swimming along the front of the Submarine. They were a nice sight, but that wasn't really why they came out here in the first place as far as Twilight was concern.

"Still on that fish's tail?" Rainbow asked eventually.

"It's still right in front of us," replied Twilight. Rainbow slumped in her seat, as Rarity drew down some design ideas that were inspired by the Pilot Fish and their zebra-like pattern. AJ did notice Rainbow's real boredom after a bit.

"You still bored, aren't ya?" Applejack assumed. Rainbow's main response came with a groan, and resting her face on the window of the sub. Aside from the pilot fish occasionally swimming in front of the window, there really wasn't much to see outside of the submarine. The Pilot fish, and the prehistoric one seemed to be the main fish around them for the moment.

"Hey, you might as well try to make the best of it. This is important to Twilight, and we both know how far THAT can get her to," Applejack suggested.

"I know, I know. But we've been going around this ocean for hours, and we still hadn't came across anything exciting. swimming with a Lake Squid's probably better than just a tour of the blue sea," Rainbow replied.

"I know this may not be yer idea of a good time, but at least try to deal with it until Twilight's done, okay?"

"UGH, fine," Rainbow finally agreed. If she was going to get stuck in here, she might as well make the best of it. The two ponies looked out into the sea again, but when they did, something was starting to swim towards them. The Pilot Fish, and prehistoric Fish swam away fast, as the larger animal started to head right to the Submarine. Rainbow and Applejack saw it first, and they were quick to recognize what was coming their way. This animal was the basic example of two animals mixed into one; the first half was part lion, which included the mane and front legs and paws, and the bottom half a large trout with green scales and a large tail fin. More or less, that was mainly it, but the animal made a loud roar to catch their attention.

A Merlion. And a big one at that - twice the size of a regular lion on land. This one had quite a large lower jaw, with a few dull yet thick teeth jutting out of it. And obviously, this one wasn't happy to find a bunch of ponies just showing up on his turf.

"Oh boy, Twilight floor it!" Rainbow yelled. Twilight wasted no time, and the submarine moved just fast enough to avoid the first bite. The Merlion of course quickly began to give chase, as Twilight tried her best to control the ship and avoid the Merlion jaws as much as she could manage. It wasn't exactly easy though, the submarine not exactly built for advanced maneuverability at high speed. The Merlion had no such problem, and got its paws and jaws onto the side of the sub.

"We're ditching out!" Rainbow Dash suddenly said, shoving Twilight aside, grabbing the controls, and making the Submarine go in a barrel roll. The spin made everypony in the submarine very dizzy, and the Merlion was no exception to that either, letting them go for just a moment to gather his senses. Rainbow shook off her dizziness, and got the ship moving again, racing off to deeper water. The Merlion roared again, and swam right past them to block their path!

"Rainbow, move out of the way!" Twilight yelled.

"Hang on tight!" Rainbow warned. she wasn't stopping for anypony, and everypony else in the Sub braced for impact. The Merlion didn't budge, thinking that the Submarine would stop, but once it realized they weren't it was too late to move. The Merlion was hit broadside, and tossed into a head over tail spin. The Merlion didn't realize until too late that the ship was out of sight, once it got upright again. The ponies didn't realize until later themselves that the Merlion was gone, and they calmed down.

"Well, that happened," Fluttershy commented. However, Rainbow flew around inside the Submarine, thrilled with what just happened.

"Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! did you see that Merlion's face?!" Rainbow said with a smile. While not planned, at least Rainbow wasn't bored anymore. The others got themselves steady, and Twilight took back the controls from Rainbow.

"Well, let's pray to Celestia that it doesn't happen again, please?" Twilight stated, putting the Submarine at a more steady and controllable speed. However, in their rush, they unfortunately lost where their prehistoric fish was ...

And for that matter, where they were ...

~~~~~~

Back in Beach City, Lapis, Steven, and Jade were still going along the ocean floor, following the Coelacanth for a while longer. It was still peculiar that the Coelacanth did what it did. First it took Steven's surfboard, then it swam away from then, and then it came back to check in on them. Not exactly something any modern fish would do, never mind a prehistoric one like this. Lapis walked alongside Steven and Jade for a little bit, but this downtime did eventually got Steven and Lapis thinking a bit more, especially about Jade ...

"Okay, no one else is going to say it; Jade, what happened with you and Flint back there?" Lapis finally asked. Steven would ask, and probably would've if the silence lasted any longer. Jade stopped herself, making the bubble stop.

"... Well, sorry you two had to deal with him. He's just ... Well ... Don't tell Flint I told you this, can you promise that?" Jade asked. Lapis and Steven both agreed before Jade sighed.

"I know Flint can be a bit harsh at times. But really ... He's actually very ... insecure."

"Insecure?"

"It may not look like it, but he worries a lot. Maybe even more than Pearl at times ... I wanted to show him that he can trust you by coming with you ..."

Steven and Lapis looked to eachother for a moment or two, thinking about what she had said. Steven had some idea about the insecurities, especially during his first time as Stevonnie, and Lapis Lazuli can perhaps get the idea across too. It would explain his recent activity lately, anyway, but it didn't excuse how harsh he was actually being when acting on these insecurities ...

"How long was he like this?"

"... Ever since we left Homeworld," Jade admitted.

Before their conversation could continue, the three then felt a current go by, as the Coelacanth swam over to them again. Lapis was gently pushed by the Coelacanth, the mark on its top fin right in her face, as it swam slowly over to the bubble.

"What does it want?" Lapis wondered. However, she took a better look at the mark on the Coelacanth's top fin. The mark didn't seem to flow in with the rest of the scales, but instead edged in. Similar to how someone might edge a picture into a tree. That seemed ... strange. The Coelacanth swan over to the back of the bubble, and suddenly began to push it, its tail swimming hard to push them. Not it was clear the Coelacanth wanted to take them somewhere, but where exactly was the big question ...

The Coelacanth continued swimming on for another hour or so, with the Gems following behind. This kept up for quite some time, and Lapis, Steven, and Jade wondered where the Coelacanth was actually taking them. The terrain had shifted around into a flat sea plain of long sand, and the light was dimming a bit more from going a bit deeper. The Gems weren't effected very much by the shift, including Lapis who wasn't even in the bubble like the other two were. Fish began to become a little less abundant as they continued on, and the Coelacanth kept swimming ahead at a steady speed. A pretty nice walk, but they were still wondering what the deal was about. The Coelacanth continued going long for a while, until it suddenly started to swim a little faster.

"Wait, where're you going?" Steven called, trying to keep up with the fish. Soon, the Coelacanth started to disappear further ahead, as the path started to dip ahead of them.

That's when they saw where the Coelacanth was taking them.

Over ahead of them, although the light was indeed dim, the trio of Gems began to see where the Coelacanth had been trying to bring them over to. The area was large, flattened, and ancient. It appeared to be, to their surprise, an ancient underwater ruin! It wasn't any Atlantis, or Tunguska, but it was still a unique spot regardless of the case. It looked like a large, submerged shrine of sorts. The overall structure was in the shape of a T, with the largest room connecting the other halls. Apart from the domed center room, the other rooms had a triangle roof. However, all of the walls were glass, and see-through. The interior was completely filled to the brim of seawater. As they looked it over, Steven began to have his memory go to work, as the Coelacanth swam right over to it. The prehistoric fish found a small hatch that was just big enough for the fish, as it swam inside.

"It's the Time Temple," Lapis realized. Steven never exactly got the name of the place, but he still knew the place from before.

"Time Temple? That's what it's called?" Steven asked.

"Right. Sounds like you've been here before?"

"Yeah, only once. I kinda ran into hundreds of other Stevens while I was there," Steven replied, a bit embarrassed. How could he forget that kind of detail? He just went in, and suddenly hundreds of Steven with time machines just popped up and were fighting eachother. Grant it, some of them had a sort of hairstyle change, but apart from that, they all looked the same. One thing he surely remembered was how freaked out Pearl was, and Amethyst helped count out how many they're actually was (more than twenty, that's for sure).

"Guess someone's past self was messing around with time, Steven," Lapis joked. Steven blushed a little bit, as the Coelacanth swam back out, getting their attention again. Looked like it wanted them to come inside. So, with come control by Lapis so they wouldn't "bowling ball" their way inside, they began to descend down into the pit where the Temple was located. Steven, Jade, and Lapis got themselves down easy, and stopped themselves down right at the glass windows. It would be easy for Lapis to go in, but in his bubble, Steven and Jade were too big to just go right on it. The Coelacanth looked in from the other side of the glass, like a fish in an aquarium. It was clear it wanted them inside, but Steven can't physically go out of his bubble without drowning himself in the process.

"Okay guys, let's head in," Lapis said, swimming up to the hole the Coelacanth went through. However, Steven and Jade looked to each other first, and Lapis stopped herself half way up.

"Aren't you guys coming?"

"Lapis, I can't; I'm a human, remember? Humans can't breathe underwater," Steven reminded. Lapis floated back down.

"Oh yeah. right. Well, maybe there's another way in?"

Apparently, the Coelacanth heard them, because after Lapis said that, the fish began to bang its head on the glass. The glass piece in particular it was banging against was quite large, and seemed to be the perfect size to fit inside with Steven in the bubble. It didn't take very long until the other Gems figured it out, and Steven began to move over to the glass. The Coelacanth moved out of the way, as Steven gathered his nerves.

"Uh, Steven? What're you doing?" Jade asked, a bit nervous on what he had in mind.

"We're gonna try to get in," Steven answered. Suddenly, Steven got the bubble rolling. Jade was not ready, and kinda stumbled as Steven hit the glass with his bubble. It barely made any dent, but Lapis quickly stopped him from going any further.

"Wait, wait, wait! Maybe a less violent way to go in. Wait here," Lapis said, as she started to swim again. In no time at all, Lapis slipped through the hole the Coelacanth was, and soon appeared inside the place, alongside the Coelacanth. Steven and Jade looked over to Lapis, as she tried to figure out how to get them inside. The Coelacanth tried ramming again, but Lapis stopped it before it could break the glass. Lapis tried to figure something out without destroying the Gem location. Looking it over, she began to see the glass a little bit closer, and soon started to push on it, kicking her feet. The ramming didn't break the glass, but it did get it a bit loose - good thing. Steven and Jade backed up, as Lapis, using as much strength as she could, got the glass loose, and finally got it out of the way. Soon as they got the right of way, the two other Gems happily went on inside. The interior of the place was a bit empty, yet the main room they were in had a lot of hourglasses of varying sizes and shapes. Boy, did Steven knew this room well. However, with the water flooding the place, the large hourglasses were on the ground in a number of places, while the smaller ones were floating around in the water as if the gravity was off in the place. Seems the place had undergone some sort of trouble. The Coelacanth swam circles around the place for a little bit, as the trio of Gems continued to look around the area.

"I think someone took the wrong hourglass," Lapis figured, which was true. The Coelacanth moved along the sides of the room, moving around some hourglasses floating in the water. Steven watched it go around, occasionally biting one of the hourglasses before letting it go. Steven thought it over for a moment, and began to slowly figure out what this fish was trying to accomplish ...

"Guys?" Steven said eventually, turning to Jade and Lapis.

"What?"

"I think it wants us to bring it back home," Steven concluded, as the Coelacanth tried another, larger hourglass, but spat it out soon afterwards. Lapis and Jade watched the Coelacanth do this a number of times before reaching the same conclusion. This was a prehistoric fish, and this one in particular was put in the wrong time period.

And they knew how these Time capsules worked ...

~~~~~~

Meanwhile, however, the Mane six were having some bit of trouble. Since their excursion with the Merlion, they had pretty much got themselves lost in very deep waters of the Equestrian ocean. It was like the water equivalent of a desert; with no freshwater to drink, and them having no idea where to go, they were kind of stuck all things considered. Twilight got the Submersible up to the calm surface of the ocean, but that didn't seem to help them out much either. When the others opened the top hatch to look around, all they saw was water, water, and more water. Oh, and clouds in the sky, but that was about it.

"See anything?" Rarity asked.

"Not a thing. Just a ton of water," sighed Twilight. Twilight, Rainbow, or even Fluttershy could try to fly off to find land, but as good of an idea as it sounded, it was easier said than done. for one, they didn't know which direction land would be, and also, it could be days before they would even come close. Besides, not all of them could fly anyway, so the idea of flying back was ruled out entirely. Twilight now began to feel a little bit ashamed to getting her friends into this kind of trouble, and sat down with her ears back, and eyes to the floor.

"Twilight, you alright?" applejack asked.

"I'm very sorry, girls. If only I knew we'd be in this kind of mess, I'd stop this expedition in the first place," twilight said, guilt filling her voice. Again, she didn't mean to get her friends into this sort of trouble, and now that they were stuck in the middle of the sea, they were in quite a lot of trouble. The others though didn't want to see Twilight sad like this.

"Don't be like that, Twilight. You didn't know this'll happen," Applejack started, a hoof on Twilight's shoulder.

"That, and we've dealt with quite our fair share of dangerous situations before this one, you know," added Rarity.

"Yeah! We faced Gem monsters, evil unicorns, mean bulls, dragons, all sorts of bad guys! And we made it through them with flying colors!" Pinkie Pie pointed out.

"Don't be worried Twilight. We'll find our way back to shore, I'm sure of that," Rarity finished. Twilight looked to her friends, smiling, though she still felt that she let them down. Twilight Sparkle hugged her friends.

"Thank you. you're the best," Twilight said. Before they could continue though, Rainbow poked her head back into the Submarine.

"Hey, I think I found something!" Rainbow announced, catching their attention back outside. The ponies looked outside, and Rainbow pointed out off shore. From their view, they began to see a noticeable fin heading right to them! Like they needed anymore trouble from any underwater predators. There was about five fins, each one heading their way in unison. At first, they thought it was a pack of sharks, but one breach from one of the animals showed not Sharks, but a pod of Dolphins! In particular, these were Spinner Dolphins, and it was clear when they spun in the air like a spiraling torpedo. Fluttershy was the most excited to see these creatures, as the pod went along the Submarine in curiosity.

"OH! Spinner Dolphins. They're so beautiful," Fluttershy praised, the pod not scared of the submarine in anyway. Guess the Equestrian Dolphins didn't had much worry over the dominant species of this world compared to Earth counterparts. Immediately, Fluttershy got an idea.

"I think I know what to do," Fluttershy said, heading towards the water edge as one of the Spinner Dolphins poked its head out of the water to see her.

"Excuse me? Does anypony in your pod know where the Equestria shores are?" Fluttershy asked. If anything knew their way around the ocean and willing to help out, it would be a seagoing Dolphin. The Dolphin in question made a few clicks and whistles, like a Dolphin would normally do, and Fluttershy nodded after a bit.

"Well, what did they say?" Twilight asked.

"She said to travel along the western current. It passes just alongside Manehattan from there," Fluttershy explained.

"Perfect! Let's get going!"

Before they could go though, a few more clicks and whistles caught Fluttershy's attention, and she turned back to another Spinner Dolphin. Fluttershy listened in, and eventually nodded. The Spinner Dolphin continued with its Dolphin talk for a good few minutes, until eventually Fluttershy turned back to the rest of the Mane six.

"What is it now?" Rainbow asked.

"She said that the Coelacanth wanted to take us somewhere."

"The See-low-what-now?" Pinkie question, head tilted in confusion like a dog.

"That ancient fish we kept following. Something about our magic helping it out in something important," Fluttershy answered. This was indeed something interesting; not only was it a prehistoric fish, but a prehistoric fish that actually needed their help. It wasn't just an expedition this time, but it was aid that the fish needed them for. Kind of strange that the first report had the same fish trying to eat a seagull though. Now they HAD to find that Coelacanth again, but where did it go was the question? the Merlion chase surely didn't help them in that, especially after it swam off just beforehoof.

"What sort of something?" Rarity asked.

"They're not too sure about that. The Coelacanth didn't say much on what it was about," Fluttershy answered. That got them a bit suspicious on that, but considering it was either home or help, they had to at least figure that out.

"Alright everypony, back in the sub," Twilight instructed, and everypony went back inside, Rainbow Dash closing the hatch behind them. The Spinner Dolphins themselves were happy to oblige, and they moved aside so the Ponies could get the submarine going without hitting any of them. One of the Dolphins called to them from outside, and Fluttershy heard them out and clear.

"They said they'll show us the way," Fluttershy answered.

"Wonderful. Let's go everypony," twilight said. The Spinner Dolphins began swimming alongside and in front of them, and soon the Submarine was off again. Maybe they had a better reason to be out in the ocean after all.

~~~~~~

Back in the Time Temple, the time spent within it was quite a long one for the Gems. Even if there was a lot of hourglasses, the Coelacanth didn't seem to be looking for just any hourglass - only one will do. So far though, Steven, Lapis, and Jade tried to look for the right one, but it seemed that the coelacanth was either very picky, or there really was just one that'll work, because it wouldn't take whichever one they grabbed. Lapis was the one who was grabbing the hourglasses, as the other two pointed them out to her, since they were in the bubble still. The Coelacanth circled around them both at one point, pushing around another hourglass floating inside.

"This isn't getting anywhere. Over half of these Hourglasses don't even work," Lapis sighed, heading over back to the others. They've tried practically every single Hourglass, and none of them seemed to either be the right one, or be one that actually worked for them. The Coelacanth continued swimming slowly around the place, as if waiting for another hourglass. However, after trying basically all of them, they honestly didn't know which one to try next.

"We can't find the right hourglass. I'm sorry," Steven said to the fish. The Coelacanth didn't react at first, but began to swim off down the long hall. They weren't sure if it was because it gave up, or if it was disappointed in them. Either way was a reasonable option, and Steven felt bad that they couldn't help the Coelacanth.

"There, there Steven. It's okay," Jade said, trying to comfort him. However, Lapis watched the fish, but eventually the Coelacanth began to swim back from the dark waters, but this time holding something in its mouth. It looked like another hourglass, but this one was attached to a chain. It was kinda small, about the size of a baseball, but it seemed that this one in particular was what the Coelacanth was trying to handle. It wasn't looking for one, it was trying to find someone to work it.

"This the right one?" Lapis asked. The Coelacanth released it, and let it float down to them, Lapis Lazuli holding onto it. The Coelacanth swan very close, as Lapis Lazuli looked it over a little bit. It appeared a bit dated, but still operational. Lapis thought it over, and got a proper time period for the fish to belong to. So, with a nod of the head, she looked down to the object.

"Take us all to Coelacanth's home time period."

And with that, it activated with a bright blue flash that covered Lapis, Jade, Steven, and the Coelacanth. Soon though, they were gone.

~~~~~~

Back with the Mane Six, the group kept following he Spinner Dolphins for quite a long ways, the memorable creatures remembering where the Coelacanth had said before. It was a good thing Fluttershy understood these animals, otherwise they'd still be wandering around the ocean with nowhere to go. The Spinner Dolphins swam along with them, guiding them along through the open waters for a good while. It took them a bit, but they did eventually begin to see something else besides the open ocean.

Diving down a bit more, the submarine and its inhabitants began to see a large, rock wall further down from the ocean surface. Once the Mane Six were able to see it, the Spinner Dolphin pod swam away, no longer needing to guide them along once they could see it. Moving the ship closer, they were starting to see what appeared to be an underwater ruin, built within the rock wall, similar tot he Quarry back on homeworld where Sapphire and Lapis went to. The door looked like it had some sort of diamond symbol, with four colored diamonds labeled on it; Pink, Yellow, Blue, and White. Normally, this may not be that big of a issue, but they weren't diving in Earth seas, but in Equestrian seas. That meant that seeing this sort of thing was a first time thing. The door was sealed shut, and once more, they began to see something swimming around near the front door, as they brought the submarine closer.

It was the same Coelacanth they'd been following!

The prehistoric fish was swimming around close to the door, as if trying to find a way inside, but with little success. The ponies inside the ship wasted no time in getting their ship closer to the Coelacanth, and closer to the door. The Mane Six were impressed with what they were seeing.

"Is that the Diamond Authority symbol?" Questioned Twilight, remembering seeing the symbol a number of times before during her Homeworld visits. The key different was that the Pink Diamond symbol was present, while the current ones on Homeworld had the other three and nothing extra. Either way, the Coelacanth wasn't swimming away this time, and just kept making circles around the door slowly and steadily.

"This must be what the Dolphins were talking about," Fluttershy pointed out, and indeed it was.

"Anypony have an idea on how to get in?" Twilight asked. The others weren't so sure, but Rarity looked closely at the symbols shown. The white unicorn thought it over a little bit, and soon she got an idea after glancing at her own Blue Diamond cutie mark. It was a longshot, but maybe it can work similar to before ...

"I think I got it," Rarity said, bringing the submarine closer to the door. She hoped for a sort of scanner bot, or some sort of identification "eye" to show itself so it can see her Cutie Mark, and let them in, but instead this one was a bit more straightforward. Rarity stood in front to see the door itself, and soon the Blue diamond symbol began to glow a bit.

"Twilight? Be a dear, and lend me a hoof with this please?" Rarity asked politely. Twilight nodded, getting the idea once she saw the Blue Diamond symbol glow. Twilight and Rarity together focused their magic, and the two unicorns began to replicate a large Diamond symbol as a hologram from their combined magic. They got the symbol just outside of the submarine, and made it large enough to be easily seen as well. The Coelacanth swam aside so to not disturb the hologram. Soon, the shine began to glow brighter, and made a flash. Soon, slowly, the doors began to slide open! The Coelacanth didn't wait for them to finish opening, and slid through quickly as they continued to open up. The Mane Six though waited until the doors finished opening before they began to venture inside, following the prehistoric fish in.

When going through, the halls were very dark, and completely flooded with seawater from top to bottom. It was getting darker very quickly, so the ponies got the Submarine's lights on so they could see where they were going. The halls were big enough for the submarine to go through with general ease, as they followed the Coelacanth on where it wanted to go. The light showed very outdated walls, some covered in underwater algae. They didn't see very much apart from that, but as they kept going, they started to see more light further away, as the Coelacanth quickly went through to it around the corner. What the Mane six did see was simply amazing ...

There was so much to see in sjust a few seconds of entering the area. For starters, the area was covered in green plants, from underwater kelp, to rock-clinging algae, to fields of sea grass along the floor, which was covered in sand from outside. The ruins inside showed an underwater city that would've been a vivid colony for Gems, but had long since been forgotten for quite sometime judging by the age and structure of the pathways, staircases, and monuments around the area. They even saw a statue that looked very similar to Blue diamond with her cloak, holding a stone diamond in her hands. The statue, of course, looked very old, and plants grew from it from lack of maintenance. Another unique feature was that there was a large air pocket above them, waterfalls pouring in from underground rivers from outside. What was the most fascinating was the number of other sea creatures roaming around the place; from Equestrian variants such as Dwarf sea serpents, to Earth variants such as the small Hybodus. They even saw other shoals of Coelacanths as well. There seemed to be two types of Coelacanths in this place; one looking like the Equestrian Coelacanth they'd been following, but there was another one slightly larger, and duller in color when comparing. The Coelacanth they were following quickly joined in with the schools, and swan with the other Coelacanth, as the Mane Six marveled at the place they were in. No one was more amazed than Twilight and Fluttershy, simply amazed and captivated by the prehistoric ecosystem. There was many sorts of animals, from the small armored fish that swam right next to the Windows, to the much larger reptilian aquatic beasts. One of these, a long necked plesiosaur, brought its head right over to the submarine, and gently allowed them to move pass it. Everypony was simply spellbound by the scenery, like if they stepped back in time.

"Oh my Celestia," Rarity gasped.

"Amazing," gasped Fluttershy.

As they kept going along, the submarine quiet, suddenly they started to see a commotion; another light farther away, closer to the Blue Diamond statue. The light wasn't as bright, but still noticed by the mane six. Once the light did disappear, they soon found that the place had a visitor ...

Lapis, Jade, and Steven!

Their Coelacanth swam up to its own kind, joining the same school the Equestrian Coelacanth joined in. Lapis, Steven, and Jade all looked around the place, with just as much shock and awe as the Ponies had. Soon, the Mane Six and the Gems quickly saw eachother.

"Steven!"

"Twilight?!"

The submarine drove down closer, as the Gems moved closer as well. When they fully got it, Twilight pointed up to the surface so they could better talk to eachother. The Mane Six brought the submarine to the surface, and the Gems did the same. Steven finally popped his bubble, and he and Jade swam to the surface.

Once the group did get to the surface, they got an even better look at the area above the water. The walls were covered in hieroglyphs of Gems, and the tops of monuments and pathways stood along the area. The ponies and Gems got themselves on one of these platforms to finally get themselves moving, and relax a bit. There was still animals on the surface as well as underwater, the most notable being the diplocaulus.

"It's great to see you guys," Twilight started.

"Same, but how'd you get here? This is the past, isn't it?" Steven questioned, looking around. Applejack shook her head.

"Nah, y'all are in Equestria. We'd just as well ask you the same question," AJ answered. That seemed to surprise the Gems even more. The object they used wasn't a dimensional teleporter, but an object from the Time Temple. How did they end up in Equestria?! Well, regardless of the case, stranger things had happened. Lapis looked to the object she was still holding, which no longer was active compared to earlier.

"Weird," sighed Lapis.

"Does this place belong to you Gems? We found a number of artifacts that come close," Rarity asked.

"Not sure. It doesn't look familiar to me," said Lapis.

"Me neither," added Jade.

"Well, I'm just happy our Coelacanth made it okay," Fluttershy said, looking back into the water.

"Wait, you were helping a Coelacanth too?" Jade asked, walking over to her side. Fluttershy nodded, and the two looked into the water, able to see the Coelacanths they helped get back here. They both looked a lot happier now that they're back where they belong.

"Looks like they're both happy again," Twilight noted, walking over as well. Everybody and everypony agreed once looking into the place. With all that said and done, there's still the matter on getting home. They've traveled very far all things considered. However, their constant discovery wasn't done just yet. Looking around on the platform they were on ...

"A warp pad?" Lapis realized.

Something did come close to one. At the center of their platform, there seemed to be a sort of platform that resembled a Warp Pad. It looked very old, and unlike the Warp Pads on Homeworld or on Earth, VERY outdated, and worn out. It was about as strange of sight as the place itself. It looked fairly big, slightly bigger than a regular Warp Pad. They looked around it for a moment or two, checking it over.

"Does it work?" Twilight wondered.

"Beats me," Lapis replied.

"WAIT!" Pinkie yelped. She quickly leaped into the submarine for a second, and popped back out with a camera in her mouth.

"Photo op!" Pinkie beamed, hopping out with the camera. They might as well take one picture while here. Twilight smiled.

"Alright, Pinkie," Twilight decided. Pinkie smiled wide, and hopped over to the group. Twilight used her magic to bring the camera out to a farther distance to get the group together, everybody and everypony on the Warp Pad. The picture was perfect all things considered. But now, with everyone on the Warp Pad, the stage was set for one final surprise.

The Warp Pad activated!!

........

"What the hay happened?!"

Next thing they knew, the ponies and Gems were all teleported away, and found themselves in ... Everfree Castle?! That was a shocker of all shocks. Twilight flew out to be sure of it, and sure enough, they were indeed in the old castle of the Everfree Forest, Ponyville not too far off.

"We're back home!" Twilight announced, flying back down.

"Home? You mean Ponyville?" Rainbow asked.

"See for yourself," Twilight encouraged. Rainbow flew up, and saw the same thing.

"There's Warp Pads in Equestria too? Who'd of thought? We gotta tell Garnet about this!" Lapis beamed.

"That was a lot of fun, of course!" Steven agreed. The Mane Six got off the Warp Pad, and waved goodbye as their special Warp Pad teleported the Gems back to their world. That was surely quite a traveling adventure, and now they had an even bigger discovery. Gem locations in Equestria!

This was gonna be interesting.

~~~~~~

... Limits weakened ...

Author's Note:

And now we go diving ^^ I tried to show just how different it was between both the Equestrian sea, and the Earth sea with its wildlife, and I hope I did a little bit. Seriously, how could they not be different in some way? With one world ruled by Humans, and the other ruled by Ponies, there's bound to be some difference.

And before any of you guys snap at me for continuity's sake, keep in mind the REAL remaining Steven technically was only there for a few minutes, and the one who had the time capsule at the beginning disappeared after getting rid of the thing. So, our Steven wouldn't remember everything else that happened, including him forming a band with his past selves.

As for the Gem ruin in MLP, well take a better, closer look during Kyra and YD's conversation In this chapter.

Oh, and in case you don't know, this is what a Coelacanth is: