• Published 24th May 2016
  • 1,242 Views, 17 Comments

When Snow Falls - Prophet Of Doom



During a peaceful day in Ponyville' The Crystal Mirror unexpectedly powers up like never before' with Disastrous results

  • ...
6
 17
 1,242

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: From The Flames

Twilight Sparkle was one of the first to arrive at the scene, she had not given up her pursuit of the jet, taking her high above the Diamond Dog fields. She touched down just north of the crash site, and it was horrific. Half the east orchid was ablaze, most of the wreckage was obscured by towering black smoke.

Almost all of Ponyville’s residents we’re turning up, some were carried buckets filled with water, some others were brought makeshift fire beaters.
Twilight felt a moment of pride, at how many ponies had turned out to help. Mayor Mare raced up to Twilight and asked what was happening, And what to do? The young princess only answered the second question, instructing that fighting the fires itself was futile, and their best bet was to stop it spreading.
The mayor nodded, then made ran towards the local volunteer fire force, who had just turned up pulling the town’s only fire pump.
To Twilight's relief, she saw Applejack and her family racing up the road towards the orchid. Behind them was the full staff of Ponyville hospital, caring stretchers and aid kits.

Amongst the crowd of active ponies, Twilight noticed one that was strangely still. It was Rainbow Dash, she was sitting slumped on the road running by the orchid, looking utterly deflated. Twilight moved alongside her and lay a comforting wing other her shoulder.
“I couldn’t stop it from hitting,” Dash was on the verge of tears “A few more seconds and I would have had it.”
“You did more than most ponies could hope to do Dash,” Twilight spoke softly.
She continued to comfort Dash’ as Rarity and Spike came up to them’ Rarity placed a hoof on Dash’s other shoulder.

“Twilight” Spike held up some parchment “Celestia needs to be told”
“Yes… Yes of course,” Twilight said standing up.
“Dash’ darling,” Rarity cooed “Do you think you could round up a couple of rain clouds and bring them here?”
“On it,” Dash grinned’ re-energised. She took off’ and after enlisting a couple of other pegasi’ flew off to a bunch of clouds.
“Spike’ write the following,” Twilight stated’ unaware that a certain yellow pegasus was trying to get her attention .
“Um… Twilight.”
“Dear Princess Celestia,” Twilight dictated’ as Spike wrote. “A disaster has befallen Ponyville.”
“Twilight.” Fluttershy said again’ a little louder
“The Crystal Mirror has been acted erratically and there has been an explosion. I Fear there have..” Twilight to in a breath “There have been casualties. Please bring aid. Yours faithfully’ Twilight Sparkle.”
“Twilight!” Fluttershy tried again.
Spike finished the message and with his fiery breath, sent it on its magical way.
“Right,” Twilight started “Now we….”
“TWILIGHT!” Fluttershy said firmly’ drawing the attention of more then her alicorn friend.
“What is it’ Fluttershy?” she replied
Fluttershy’ now a little conscious of the eyes on her, pointed to a spot in the fire.
“Look’ there!”

Twilight and all around her stared at the point. All they could see was smoke, flames, and bits of wreckage, then a shadow, which turned into a pony shaped silhouette, moving in the heart of the inferno.
“HEY,” Twilight said’ using magic to amplify her voice. The head of the shadowed figure looked up, ears perked.
“THIS WAY” she beckoned

The figure started moving towards them but was clearly in distress. As it gingerly finding a path through the burning wreckage and splintered apple trees. It was moving on three hoofs, its front right being held up.
As it started to leave the smoke, its form became clearer, and so were its injuries. Its Persian blue was covered in cuts and grazes. It's equally blue mane and tail with golden tips were frayed and singed. The left wing was hardest to look at, unlike the right which was folded away, the left was being dragged behind on the ground, broken and ruined. To add to its difficulties, it could only see out of its right eye, the left blinded by blood seeping from a gash just below its horn.
And that's what made everypony stop what they were doing and stare, for coming out of the hellfire stepped a young male alicorn.
This poor soul, for whom started the day with plane journey home, being flung through a swirling portal, watched himself and others transform into creatures, before crashing and pulling himself from the burning wreckage, looked up at the bunch of pastel coloured ponies looking back at him, and proceeded to pass out. Landing on his already ruined wing with a sickening crunch.

Fluttershy and nurse Redheart particle jumped to his aid, and with the help of Dr Horse’s levitation spell, moved him away from the flames and smoke to where the alicorn could breath and the medical team could start their work.
The few ponies who found the entire spectacle amusing were suddenly silenced.
“This day started so well.” Rarity said flatly with Twilight nodding.
“And this day may have taken another turn.” Came another voice. The two mares turned to see Starlight Glimmer pointing to the skies above the castle.
The portal’ was gone

PreviousChapters Next