• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,320 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,320

Tick Tock

Electro was indeed at Time Turner's lab, but not for the reasons you might think. For you see, spidey fans, ever since his defeat and near death experience at the hooves of Spider Mare, Electro had come to a realization. And so it was that he had come to Ponyville, searching not for power, but for a cure.

"Doc, you're one of the greatest scientific minds in all of Equestria!" Electro pleaded. "You've got to be able to cure me!"

"How can I even hope to cure you if I don't know what caused this?" Time Turner replied, despite Electro having pressed him up against a wall. "It could takes months, years even. Without a proper understanding of the cause, there's no way I can whip up a cure."

"Months?! Years?! That's time I don't have!" Electro complained in a horrified tone. "I've only got days, maybe a week tops, before there's no hope left for me. As the days pass, I lose more and more of myself to this new state! Cure me, now!"

"Must I repeat myself?!" Time Turner said stubbornly. "A cure will take time, I have to know what's caused this condition. I can't just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, that's not how science works!"

"Quit making up excuses! Either cure me, or get out of my way! And I suggest you make up your mind now, before I really get upset." Electro warned.

"What's all this?" a familiar cocky voice called from afar. "Terrorizing the poor good doctor? Not on my watch."

"Oh no, not you!" Electro complained, as he turned around to see what he had feared. There was Spider Mare, perched innocently on a nearby window ledge. "Stay out of this, wall crawler! I'm in no mood for your wise cracks!"

"Reasonable advice," Spider Mare acknowledged, before leaping down from the window ledge and into the lab itself. "But lately, I haven't had much use for reason. I'll only say this once, Electro. Leave now, and turn yourself in! We both know who will in a fight, or did you forget Manehattan?"

"I learn from my mistakes, Spider Mare!" Electro warned. "I underestimated you during our last encounter, a mistake I won't make again. This time, the gloves are off!" And with that, he fired off a huge bolt of electricity!

Spider Mare jumped out of the way, surprised at how fast the bolt had traveled. "This isn't going to be easy!" she realized. "Especially when there's an innocent civilian who could get caught in the crossfire. I'd better end this quick, for the doctor's sake!"

"What's the matter, Spider Mare? Too afraid to fight me?" Electro taunted.

"Hardly," Spider Mare replied, launching a few web balls at Electro, and then swinging forward to kick him and knock him down to the floor. "How's that?"

"Pathetic!" Electro growled, launching a series of electric bolts at Spider Mare. Spider Mare ended up having to duck for cover behind tables and desks in the lab, the bolts were travelling too fast for her to dodge all of them.


Spider Mare and Electro soon locked into a pattern of trading punches, kicks, and electric or web attacks. While also dodging whatever the other threw at them. Meanwhile, Time Turner could do nothing but watch the intense battle from behind a table full of various chemicals. Only getting a glimpse of the action whenever he felt brave enough to poke his head out from behind the table.

Suddenly, a huge bolt of electricity came flying directly towards him! Time Turner ducked, and the blast just barely missed him, striking the wall directly behind him. "Great wickering stallions!" he exclaimed. "They always said super heroes and super villains were science fiction, yet here they are! This could be the greatest scientific discovery since Star Swirl The Bearded's amniomorphic spell!"

"Science fiction?! How's this for science fiction?!" Electro snapped, turning his attention towards Time Turner. "You refuse to cure me, and now you're going to use me as a study to further your own agenda?! You're a disgrace to the scientific community!"

"Please, you don't understand!" Time Turner pleaded. "I want to help you, but the only way to do so is to study you in depth, find out what makes you tick! The first step to finding a cure, is determining the problem!"

"Doc, please! You have to get out of here!" Spider Mare shouted. "This is between me and Electro! Forget about the research possibilities, think about your own life! Think about your friends and research partners!" But just then, she was hit by a powerful blast of electricity from Electro, and sent flying.

"Spider Mare!" Time Turner cried, as the reality of the dangerous situation he was in solely crept into the forefront of his mind.

"Relax, a voltage like that might cause some nerve damage, but she'll live," Electro smirked, as he approached Time Turner. "Now that she's out of the way, I hope you'll reconsider your options. You can either cure me, and we both walk away free stallions. Or you can resist, and after I've fried you and Spider Mare, I'll help myself to your research and cure myself!"

However, just as soon as Electro had finished making his threat, something sticky struck him from behind. "What?! Impossible!" he exclaimed.

"Man, I love this new suit!" Spider Mare said happily, as she pulled Electro close to her. "It's amazing, one moment I felt a sharp sting and the next moment nothing! Looks like you're not so tough without that jewel to boost your powers, eh Electro?!"

Meanwhile, Time Turner had finally decided to run away from his lab. The possible negative outcomes far outweighed any research potential that could be obtained from the current situation. "Maybe I should just stick to clock making and fixing," he thought to himself. "Not since the bugbear attack has my life been in this much danger!"

"No! Don't run away from me, I need you!" Electro shouted at Time Turner, throwing a massive bolt of electricity in the doctor's general direction. Unfortunately, in his anger, Electro's aim was off. The bolt hit the table full of potions and vials, shattering them and causing their contents to spill. A small explosion shook the lab, as flames began to spew forth.

Despite his fleeting memories from before he became a super villain, Electro could still remember the accident at his own lab that turned him into the monstrosity he now was. Just like before, everything he'd pinned his hopes on seemed to be gone, and this time there was no silver lining to look forward to.


"It's a good think doc ran when he did," Spider Mare said to herself, as she used her webbing to yank a fire extinguisher off the wall and use it to put out the fire. "If he'd stayed behind, he would've been killed."

But Electro was anything but relieved or happy, he was outright furious. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he bellowed at the top of his lungs, as electricity surged all around, crackling and sizzling quite loudly. "My only hope to be cured, it's gone! All because of you!" he shouted at Spider Mare.

"Because of me? I fail to see how this is my fault," Spider Mare replied. "You were the one who frightened the good doctor, and tried to force him to cure you. I gave you a chance to surrender, and you didn't take it."

"You don't get it!" Electro snapped. "The doc was my last hope to be normal, my last chance to go back to the way I was! And because of you, any leads he might have had amongst those chemicals are gone! Without a cure, there's no hope left for me. The demons inside of me have won, I can never go back to my old self! I'm Electro for the rest of my life!"

"That still isn't my fault, I don't even know who you used to be," Spider Mare told Electro. "But it's not too late, if you give up now maybe my good friend Princess Twilight can find a way to cure you!"

"Magic can't fix this, Spider Mare!" Electro growled. "There's only one way you can hope to stop me, this time! You couldn't do it last time, but this time you'll have to kill me! Because if you don't, my powers will kill the light! Equestria will plunge into darkness, and everyone will finally know what it's like to live in my world! A world without light, a world without mercy, and a world without Spider Mare! It'll fall to the princesses to destroy me, and by that point all shall know my name!"

"And what is your name?" Spider Mare asked nervously.

"Electro, of course! That's all I ever will be!" Electro replied in an ominously calm voice. "I've done trying to fight the monster inside me, I was wrong to reject it. Now, I have embraced it, and with it I now posses the power I need to fry you into oblivion! IF THERE'S ONE THING I HAVE, IT'S POWER BEYOND COMPREHENSION!"

Spider Mare barely had any time to react, before Electro came charging at her. A huge amount of electricity stored in his fists! It was obvious that Electro had powered up, and was too dangerous to attack head on. Spider Mare would have to depend on her web attacks to carry the day,


"Come on, Spider Mare! Stop holding back on me!" Electro taunted, deflecting yet another web ball. "Either you kill me, or I kill you! One way or another, it all ends tonight!"

"I spared your life, I gave you a second chance!" Spider Mare pleaded. "You should have taken it!"

"I tried to, but you wouldn't let me change!" Electro snapped. "You wanted me as the bad guy, and that's what you got! So now you've got no choice, you have to kill me! It's justified self defense!"

"No, there's a better way! I know there is!" Spider Mare insisted, but deep down she wasn't so sure. "Is there?" she thought to herself. "It seems like every time I spare the most powerful super villains, they always come back and terrorize innocents. If I had made sure The Green Griffon was destroyed in that fire, I never would've lost Pokey Pierce! And if I hadn't spared Electro, this fight wouldn't be happening and Time Turner wouldn't have lost months of research. Maybe Electro's right, maybe I do have to kill him! If only because he's too dangerous to be kept alive."

"So, what's it going to be, Spider Mare?!" Electro asked. "Are you going to kill me, or I am going to kill you?! I don't have all night!"

"You want me to kill you, Electro?" Spider Mare asked in an ominous tone of voice, as she shot out a huge stream of webbing. "Well guess what, wish granted!"

"That's it! Give into your inner demons!" Electro smirked, even as he was enveloped in the webbing and pulled close to Spider Mare. "Now you'll see why you're better off without a moral compass. The world as we know it is cruel, wicked, and unfair, it doesn't care for morality. What good does it do you to be the 'Good Guy' when it's the 'Bad Guys' who get everything they want in life?"

"I've heard enough out of you," Spider Mare said darkly, as she pulled Electro close with one front hoof while her other hoof formed a sharp claw. "It's time to shut you up for good!"

"Do it! End it now!" Electro demanded.

Spider Mare prepared to do so, but as she was about to bring the claw down and deliver the blow, she stopped. Looking into the terrified face of Electro, she saw only the face of her Uncle Al, looking at her with a face that seemed to plead with her against doing what she wanted.

"What are you waiting for?!" Electro angrily asked. "You know you want to!"

"I do, and yet I don't. All I know is, killing you isn't the answer." Spider Mare replied, as her claw turned back into a hoof. Then, before she had a chance to reconsider her course of action, she shot a ball of webbing at Electro's mouth, and tied him up tightly so that he couldn't break free. With Electro taken care of, Spider Mare fled the lab as quickly as she could.

Just then, the clock tower struck the hour, nine o'clock! Just like in Manehattan, the noise seemed to become amplified to Spider Mare, causing her suit to appear to break apart. It was then she remembered Twilight's warning about the suit being alive. "You hate loud noises, don't you?" Spider Mare asked the suit. "Well, unfortunately for you, we're going right to the source of that loud noise. It's time I got rid of you for good."

Spider Mare set off for the clock tower, unaware that Cheese Sandwich had spotted her and was following from a distance. He couldn't really explain why, but he was very worried about Pinkie, he feared something bad was going to happen to her. Little did he know, that by following Pinkie to the clock tower, he was unintentionally setting into motion an event that would spawn Spider Mare's greatest foe yet!


The bongs from the clock tower grew louder and louder, as Spider Mare approached it and quickly climbed up to the very top where the bell was housed. Five bongs had already rang out by the time Spider Mare pulled herself up to the bell's location.

The alien suit was frantic, Spider Mare was so close to the ringing bell that the noise couldn't be any louder. Despite every effort to keep hold Pinkie Pie back, the suit began to break apart!

"I NEVER should've kept you after I found out the truth!" Pinkie Pie said furiously, as she continued to creep closer and closer to the bell, and the suit continued to break apart. "I don't care how powerful you made me become, it's come with a price I refuse to pay! So you can crawl back to whatever hole it is you crept out of, I don't need you in my life anymore! This is goodbye!" And as the ninth and final bong rang out, the suit completely broke apart for good! Pinkie Pie was back to normal, as she watched the suit turn into a blackish-blue slime and slowly drip down through the wooden planks of the bell tower. Pinkie Pie breathed a sigh of relief. "The nightmare's over," she thought to herself. "Now I can finally tell Cheese Sandwich how I really feel, I never should've tried to push him away. I hope he'll be able to forgive me."

Unknown to Pinkie Pie, as she climbed down the face of the clock tower, Cheese Sandwich was inside it. Since he couldn't climb up the clock tower the same way Pinkie Pie could, he had taken the stairs. "I just wish I knew what was troubling her," he said to himself. "Pinkie, why do you have to be so hard to figure out?"

"Oh, you want to help Pinkie Pie?" an unfamiliar echoy voice called.

"Who's there?" Cheese Sandwich nervously asked.

"A friend," the voice replied, its owner refusing to show itself. "What if we told you, there was a way you could help Pinkie Pie, even when she's off fighting crime as Spider Mare?"

"You mean, you could give me powers just like hers?" Cheese Sandwich asked the voice.

"Something like that," the voice replied. "The only question now is, do you accept our offer?"

"Yes." Cheese Sandwich firmly nodded, suspecting nothing.

"Excellent!" the voice said with a laugh, as Cheese Sandwich suddenly felt something slimy splash onto him. If anyone had been watching, they would've seen a monster alien spider like figure take shape where Cheese Sandwich was standing.

Cheese Sandwich didn't realize until too late what was going on. "Pinkie, please forgive me." he thought to himself.

Author's Note:

And so we have the end of Electro's story, which sort of parallels Spider Mare's struggle up to this point. The only difference is that while Electro chose to embrace his dark side, Spider Mare rejected it.

Venom will finally come back into play next chapter. As I've said before, Cheese Sandwich becoming Venom isn't because he wants Pinkie Pie dead (he is not playing Eddie Brock, who becomes Venom in every Spider Man incarnation except the Ultimate universe), but because he wants to help Pinkie Pie and is tricked by the symbiote.

As for Time Turner, he is NOT Doctor Who ponyfied. He is as he was in "Slice of Life" his own character with hints of The Doctor.