• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 1,261 Views, 14 Comments

Fluttershy's Charming Brother - The Forgotten Siren



Fluttershy's parents and brother come to visit. However, is Fluttershy successful in the eyes of her parents?

  • ...
3
 14
 1,261

Good news..?

Author's Note:

Ok, this idea for a story came to me during season five, when I heard about a brother episode for Fluttershy. Granted, I know there is going to be a episode for Fluttershy's brother in the future this season, but I wanted to make my own little idea of what a neat brother episode would be.

Fluttershy was sitting with her animal friends around her small round table at her cottage. They were all enjoying a cup of tea on the lazy warm summer morning. As the yellow Pegasus chatted with her animals, one of her blue birds flew in with a golden envelope in its talons. Fluttershy looked up to see her bird friend with the mail and set her tea down on the table. She then grabbed the envelope from the blue bird and looked at the mail in confusion.

“Wow, a golden envelope. Why, or who in Equestria would send such a tacky letter?” Fluttershy question as she opened the mail. She was soon hit with a sweet smell coming from inside. She recognized the scent from somewhere before. It was “La Alicorn Love #5" a fragrance that Princess Cadence often wore. She then pulled the paper out of the envelope and unfolded the letter. She began to read the letter. After a minute her face turned to horror as she gasped in fright. “ Oh no! My parents and brother are coming to town because they have big news!” She said in a panic.

Her animal friends all looked confused as to why Fluttershy was in such a panic about the news. One of her ferrets stood up from its seat and chirped as if to ask her a question. Fluttershy soon sighed as she looked at her small friend. “Well... you see, my parents are coming to see me and.. Well, um, they are going to judge me so harshly.” She said with a sad tone.

Her bear growled in confusion as he scratched his head. The yellow Pegasus lowered her own head with a sad face. “Well, they don’t really know what I do for a living. In fact, they have been too busy to give me a post card or anything ever since I came here to live. In fact, this is the first time they have contacted me.” She said. “And, if they new what I did for a living, they would think I was only a failure.”

Harry the bear came and patted her on the back to comforted her. The sad Pegasus looked up at her friend and smiled. “Thanks, I just wished I knew what to do.” She pondered.

Suddenly, Angel Bunny started to make his rabbit noises and do some charades. Fluttershy looked at the bunny and started to smile. “You think that would be a good idea? I mean, I don’t wanna be a burden to anypony.” she replied to the bunny.

Angel Bunny face palmed and stomped his foot on the table rapidly. Fluttershy sighed a bit as she agreed to what the impatient bunny suggested. “Oh ok, I’ll ask then”


Fluttershy knocked on Twilight’s castle door. After waiting for a minute, Spike soon opened up the door and greeted the Pegasus. “Oh, hi Fluttershy, what’s up?” The dragon asked.

“Oh, hi Spike, is Twilight home?” Fluttershy question. “I need to ask for a favor.. If that is ok with her? I mean, I don’t want to burden her if she is busy?”

“Oh yeah, she’s in the throne room.” Spike replied, offering her to come in.

Fluttershy walked in and headed towards the throne room, with Spike walking by her side. “So, what’s the favor?” Spike asked with curiosity.

“Oh, well, you see, I was wanting to ask her if she could help me with a family problem.” She replied.

“A family problem?” Spike commented. “Well, I am sure Twilight can help you.”

The two finally reached the throne room door and opened it. She found Twilight sitting on her throne and reading one of her many books. “Um, Twilight?” Fluttershy spoke.

Twilight looked up from her book and smiled as she saw her friend. “Oh, hi Fluttershy. How are you?” Twilight asked, as she placed the book down.

Fluttershy walked to her throne and took her seat. The yellow Pegasus looked at Twilight with a worried look. “Well, you see...my brother and parents are coming to see me.” Fluttershy said, as her face became a frown. “So, I was hoping you could help me?”

Twilight looked a bit confused as to why her friend looked worried. “Yeah, anything Fluttershy, but what why do you look so worried?” She asked.

“Yeah, do you have a nice relationship with your parents?” Spike added.

“Well, no.” Fluttershy pouted in response. “You see, my parents have always been so busy. As a filly, they never once spend any time with me or my brother. And to top it all off, as soon as my little brother got his Cutie Mark, my dad took him to advance his talents and dropped me off at Flight School in hopes I would make something of myself.” She ended with a tear rolling down her cheek.

Twilight saw the sadness in her friends eyes. “Hey, but look at you now?” Twilight responded, trying to cheer her up. “You have your own place, you help woodland animals, and to top it all off, you’re an element of harmony.” She said with a smile, hoping to lift up her friend’s spirit.

Fluttershy sighed but smiled weakly. “Thanks, and I know I have done so much, but you see.. my brother is the.. um golden foal of the family.” She said. “And I’m the... well not trying to be raciest, but the sheep that doesn’t have white wool.”

“Well, what is your brother like?” Twilight question.

“Um.. Well he is the opposite of me.” Fluttershy responded.

Spike gasped. “You mean, your brother is like Maud Pie?” He asked with concern.

“No, Spike.” Twilight chuckled. “Maud is the opposite of Pinkie.” She corrected. “The opposite of Fluttershy would be..” She stopped as she feared for what Fluttershy’s brother is like. “Your brother is like Pinkie?” The alicorn princess gulped as she was worried about two Pinkies being in the same town.

“Oh no no.” Fluttershy replied. “He is just a really successful pony and out going.”

“Oh that’s all?” Twilight said. “Well, what do you want us to do?”

“Yeah, How do you want us to help?” Spike added

Fluttershy soon remembered what she wanted to ask. “Oh, well, I was hoping maybe, if you want to. I mean no pressure and you can’t or don’t want to, you can just say no. But can you please make a welcome dinner for me, and perhaps help tell my parents.. That I’m not a failure?” Fluttershy asked meekly, while fiddling her hooves.

Twilight perked up. “Sure, how about we have all our friends for the dinner? That way we can all help tell your parents, just how successful you are.” Twilight added.

“Well, sure, that would be great.” Fluttershy replied, with a smile.

“Yeah, it’ll be great Fluttershy.” Spike commented with a smile. “The dinner will be so great, your parents will think you are way better then they expected.”

Meanwhile, the following evening, the mane six were all sitting around the huge table ready for the dinner. Each pony was sitting at their respective seat, with three seats ready for Fluttershy’s parents to come. However, Fluttershy was looking anxious as ever as the time crept closer to it being time for her friends to meet her family. Fluttershy was worried about what her parents would think of not only her, but her friends as well.

Rainbow Dash saw her friend sitting beside her, trembling like a leaf. She patted her on the back, trying to cheer her up. “Hey, don’t worry about it. We’re here for you.” She reassured.

“That’s right Sugar cube, you ain’t got nuttin ta worry bout.” Applejack said, sitting beside her. “Their yer family, and family always loves and cares fur their kin.”

“Yeah, Applejack is right.” Pinkie added, as she bounced in her seat. “And besides, I have a ton of stories to tell your mom and dad. Like the time you made a ferocious, powerful, blood thirsty, dragon cry like a baby. Oh, and that time you stared down that Cockatrice in the forest.” She said with much enthusiasm.

“Yes darling, you have nothing to worry about.” Rarity said looking at her reflection in a spoon. “We have your back.”

“That’s right Fluttershy.” Twilights said. “You have five great friends who will help you the best way we can. And I am positive, by the end of the night, your parents will think you are very successful.” She ended.

“Oh... I hope so.” Fluttershy replied. “Thank you girls, really it means a lot to me that you are here and willing to help me.” She said with a smile.

They all replied with a welcome and smiled.

Suddenly, the doors opened, and Spike came through with three Pegasus behind him. The whole room fell silent as the three entered the room, with the dragon infront of them. “Oh..my” Flutershy murmured.