• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,869 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,869

PreviousChapters Next
[10] The Meeting of the Nations

2 days later

The foundation has been competed and the entire build team is working on building the outer wall, my second shipment of titanium has come as well. As of now the base looks like a large circle sarounded by the frame of a massive wall. I stand atop the bridge of the Sirus with my arms crossed overseeing the construction, hovering behind me blocking out the sun with its large shadow is a fighter class starship. Its body is long and similarly shaped as a full length doubled edged sword, half way to the back of the ship are two closed airlocks, near the back of the ship is a white ring that encircles the body, the ring is thin but at the point parallel to the wing hovering inches away from the ring is a circular structure with a large circular hole in the center, large amounts of electricity arc between and in the area. Inches away from the ring is are 4 long silver and white triangular wings a special type of cylindrical gravity jet engines build into them. The gravity jet engines have front mounted high powered double P cannons that have 15 feet long barrels for increased range and accuracy. Next to the engines are normally where missiles would be kept, but only one is loaded into it. The part of the main body that is under the ring are 4 small tesla coil like structures that give off sparks of electricity arcing to the ring and wings on top of a black hexagonal shape. The main engine in the back of the ship is glowing bright white and blue as it hums.

On the very front the ship is a hard light wind shield that is deactivated, showing the cockpit inside. A chair can be seen as it floats in front of a floor that drops off into the windshield. The chair itself is black and the armrest sids that point away from the chair have holographic projectors that display the ship's overall current status, engine status, shield strength, haul status, engine output, weapon output, reactor output, life support, radio, and weapon systems. In front of the base of there chair is a deactivated mass projector that would normally be used to generate the steering wheel. Behind the cockpit is a reinforced hexagonal hallway with lights on either side of the ceiling. in the mid section of the hall is a set of open doors that when closed the airlock is in use. On the other side of the midsection the hallway opens up into a long room that has a table in the center with a holographic projector built into it and few black chairs around it. Built into each wall are 6 beds with a total of 12 beds that are currently folded up into the wall for more space in the room. The wall in the front of the room have 2 cabinets that connect to the smooth black floor and 2 more cabinets that connect to the dark silver ceiling like a kitchen the back of the room, the counter tops are marble and the cabinets have a sleek modern style to them in the center of this wall is the airlock that connects to the hallway. On the other side of the room is a door that reads maintenance access in the back of the room, next to the door on either side are large medical kits. My scans pick up Twilight, she flies up to me, slowing down slowly as she gets a better look at the ship behind me. The ship is 360 feet long, the main body being 30 feet wide, the ring holding the wings in place being 30 feet, the wings having a length of 100 feet and a thickness of 2 feet, becoming thiner as it reaches the edge of each wing. The wings are shaped like long triangles with the calendrical engines being in the center and have a length of 15 feet.

(It would be awesome if some one drew a picture of this, if anyone is up for the challenge please consult me first.)

"Well...this is...new..." she said, not sure how to react.

"This is a custom made ship that once belonged to a well known government hired bounty hunter, The X Caliber is a well equipped compact fighter ship that doubles as a home in space, but has not been updated with current technology, an old but highly deadly ship in combat." I say notifying her of a few facts on the ship.

"Well...uhhh can I get in with you?" she asked in hopes to get a closer look on the interior.

"Negative, the most recommended corse of action for you to take is to ride in the carriage so that others will know where you are to cause less of a scene when we arrive." I say.

"Oh...w-well I'll be in the carriage then, are you gonna fallow us in the ship?" she asked me.

"Yes, lead the way and I shall fallow." When I finish that statement I thrust myself backwards and get in the cockpit, the systems light up along with the ship's HUD as the wind shield materializes. The steering wheel materializes before me, its a circle with two arms that point down and point back up at a acute angle to form the handles, buttons that control the weapon systems are on the tip of the handles. Various switches and levers appear around me that control specific functions. Twilight flies down to the carriage, I fallow her closely, The X Caliber creates a looming shadow over her. Twilight makes it to the carriage that is ironically pulled by pegisi guards, they take off with me close behind as it is not hard for me to keep up with their inferior speed, I keep my distance as to not bump into them if they slow down. A few hours later we fly over a small island about 7 miles off the coast of the city that resembles New York City. The island is surrounded by sea ships and even a few airships, Scans indicate multiple life forms on the island of various species standing in abandoned ruins. I lower the ship to a few feet off the ground, I then exit and float in front of it to be met with a stone brick floor littered with pillars in a circular pattern reminiscent to an enlarged stone hinge, the stone bricks on the ground are in an artistic pattern. In the center of the ruins is a temple, it has the shape of a pyramid like fortress and is in surprisingly good condition. I see multiple species standing around the ruins, scans indicate they are griffins, small dragons, minotaurs, yaks, goats, cows, buffalo, zebras, ponies, and even a few dark bug like creatures with many holes in them, they all stare at me and the X Caliber out of very mixed emotions.

"Hello." I say to them. I get no reply, they all simply walk into the temple, I see Celestia, she comes to greet me.

"I must say it has been an eventful few days for us hasn't it?" she said to me.

"Agreed, but I trust that your sister is fairing well?" I asked to see how she though of it.

"It is...unlike her to do this...but I fear this may be the result of her past sins..." she said as she pauses. "But we're not here for that, come, we have much to discuss." said Celestia as she recollects herself. I fallow her into the temple, we enter a large room with the only light being an opening in the opening in the ceiling the light is over a large table with a few wooden chairs, all the leaders take their positions with their generals outside and their guards standing outside.

"Now...let us begin." said Celestia to the crowd of leaders with Cadence and Twilight sitting next to her, I take my seat next to Twilight and a zebra.

"I find it to be insulting that your sister Luna isn't here." said a minotaur, this one seems to wearing a large crown, a red cloak and a monocle.

"My sister became magically unstable and attacked Serena, she's in the Canterlot hospital, they say she's in a coma." said Celestia to receive a few shocked expressions.

"So this THING has a name!?" yelled the griffon king.

"My name is Serena, Type Alpha Angel Class Sentinel, I am designed for high speed long range combat and equipped with a large variety of weapons." I say to the misguided life form.

"Her goal here is to conduct scientific research, give us technical data about her technology one invention at a time over many years, and aid her allies if they require assistance, our goal here is to establish our relationship with the technologically advanced party, Serena." said Twilight to the leaders.


"So you plan to give us technology? Like that strange airship you have outside?" asked the yak leader.

"Negative, if I were to release too much advanced technology to a technologically primitive civilisation that has not acquired world peace than it would lead to a global war, the ship is called the X Caliber for its effectiveness in firefights with the right pilot." I say to the leaders.

"A pressing matter indeed...though we think it would be wise to meet her plead." said the Zebra with wearing many rings and a headdress.

"I have given Equestria 2 schematics, solar panels are used to generate clean energy when exposed to sunlight, and the radio supplies with much better communication, though all future schematics I will supply all who accept my rules will need to power them with electricity, that is why I gave them the knowledge to solar panels." I explain to the life forms...I pick up a radio signal.

Lings one, two, and three, camoflash yourselves to blend in with the sky, and take the alien ship. scans indicate the signal is coming from the smaller pony bug creature next to the larger white one, he, she, or it must be their general.

"Fascinating...though your effort is futile, I brought guards of my own, they have permission to kill anything that gets within 20 feet." I say in a serious tone looking right at the guard next to the bug pony leader, I receive a few stares. As if on cue we hear a few slashes, screams, and thuds all in a matter of seconds. The larger white bug creature looks worried with her general looked angry though he, she, or it tries to hide it.

"I assure you I did not order this!" said the white bug pony, her voice being feminine. Her legs have many large and painful looking holes and huge bug like wings also with many holes, she has a worried expression on her face combined with fear and sadness, these emotions are true though the ship's customized scanners may not be reliable as I cannot get everything on their nervous system and digestive system.

"A likely story! Your kind ruined our wedding!" yelled Shining Armor, the white bug pony flinched back in fear, as if she's scared of being resented, the general next to her however looked serious, the situation escalates until everyone is yelling at each other, I fly up 5 feet from the ground and activate my targeting system , with a weak shockwave around me my eyes turn red focusing in on a single target as I aim my cannons at the general.

"ENOUGH!" I say to intimidate everyone to be silent, with my wings being flared including my cannons to make more intimidating, fear is struck into the hearts of all within the room.

"Scans indicate she is telling the truth...you however..." I turn to face the general by her side, he looks back at me with a guilty expression of pure and paralyzed with utter fear.

"...are the one who sent that radio signal to those creatures, and their dead because of you, If I let anyone have that ship as well as the weapon loaded onto it countless lives would be lost as the country that has that new found power would surely abuse it for their own selfish desires, do NOT make me say this again meat bag." I say as I fly slowly closer to cast my shadow on him, I make a small frown as I feel a small spark of anger.

"I-I...don't know WHAT your talking about!" he said as he regains some of his annihilated confidence. The larger bug creature looks at him with disappointment.

"You seem to have a biological radio built into your brain, its interfering with my scanners when I scan your kind only slightly." I say to receive a few gasps from the room.

"Well THAT would have been nice to know earlier!" yelled Shinning as he seems to have a pent up hatred for their kind.

"We can't rip them out of our skulls, and we don't have the recourses to research our own anatomy." said the white bug pony in defense of her kind.

"She's not Chrysalis, we have no need to be so hostile to her." said Celestia in such a way as to return order to the meeting, I deactivate my targeting system. and return to my seat.

"In any case Serena's main ship is located near Canterlot and is having her robots build a base around her starship, the Sirus is much bigger then the one she brought here today. We have given her pony aid to help build it to defend against the Everfree Forrest and future threats should one arise. From what I've heard she is not allowing ponies to build the more advanced parts of the base." said Cadence.

"I will supply allies to Equestria with the same technology I give them, but It will be at least 1,000 years before I can trust you with even a ballistic weapon such as a gun." I say to the leaders to propose my offer.

"That is most understandable, but this is most acceptable. You have our support, if you wish to import." said the Zebra leader.

"We have no need for your technical knowledge, my kind will not interfere as long as you don't cause us any trouble." said a small blue dragon with red eyes holding a crystal staff and a red gem on the tip. (Ember)

"Yaks like offer, but solar panels useless in Yakyakistan." said the yak leader.

"Do you have strong winds in parts of your country?" I ask.

"Yes." he said.

"Wind turbines generate electricity by using wind, that should power the future radio network, all of who accept my offer will have access to this schematic as well." I say to create a compromise of the Yak's dilemma.

"You have our support, Serena." said the minotaur leader.

"Ours as well, but we do not wish to partake in your political matters on the subject in the future." said the griffin king.

"Accepted." I say in response.

"I like this idea, we-e-e-e-e acce-e-e-e-ept." said the goat leader.

"This could help out our country a lot, we accept as well." said the cow leader.

"I appreciate the offer, we accept." said the white bug pony, her general however still looked at me with an evil eye.

"Then we are agreed." said Celestia. For the next few hours we discuss political matters and they teach me a little bit about their own countries, the bug ponies stay quite however. After that we all leave.

Author's Note:

Mass Projector
Double P Cannon

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

PreviousChapters Next