• Published 19th Apr 2016
  • 11,636 Views, 231 Comments

Loveliest of Trees (Old) - Nordryd



**A rewrite** After helping the new student with his things after getting jumped by bullies, Fluttershy finds herself quite smitten. And the feeling might be mutual. One small act of kindness can change someone's entire life... no matter how damaged.

  • ...
12
 231
 11,636

Ch.3: Crushes

Coppermane woke up, and immediately got out of bed. Normally, it would take forever for him to get out of bed, but this time he actually was kind of excited for the day, and wanted to make sure he looked decent.

Coppermane usually never bothered putting effort into his appearance, mostly because he figured his loser-ness would still shine through no matter how hard he tried. But today was different. He had somebody to impress, or more accurately a girl to impress. A girl by the name of Fluttershy.

Ever since Coppermane met Fluttershy, he couldn't get her out of his head. No matter what he did, the image of her beautiful face popped in his head. Unfortunately, the only thing he thought about more than Fluttershy herself was his first encounter with her. He couldn't stop cursing himself about how weak and pathetic he acted around her. She saw him get jumped by bullies, and cry his eyes out afterwards. How embarrassing.

He needed to make a better second impression on her. There was something different about Fluttershy, he could sense it. He wanted to get to know her more, but after the way he acted on Friday, she'd probably be embarrassed to be seen with him. If he wanted to have any chance of talking to her, he needed to make it look like he wasn't a total basket-case.

For once, Coppermane decided to put some effort into his appearance. It would definitely feel weird at first, but it might make Fluttershy notice him. It couldn't hurt right? And everything would be worth it if he could impress Fluttershy. He took a shower, and immediately got to work. First, he decided to ditch the hoodie, and then decided to put on some jeans. Then he put on a simple dark purple shirt with a white music staff and a treble clef on it. Most of his shirts had that graphic on it. Finally, he put some product in his hair and parted it to his right, making his reddish-brown hair look windswept.

Before heading out, he took one more look in the mirror. He sighed at what he saw.

Well… at least you tried…

Maybe it would be enough?

And with that, Coppermane got his backpack and headed off to school.


Wow… this feels so weird…

Coppermane wasn't used to walking around in public without his hoodie on. He would feel fine if he were wearing a long-sleeve shirt, but he just had his t-shirt on. He felt a little naked without sleeves. Wearing jeans didn't help either. Coppermane never liked jeans because it made him feel encumbered, and he didn't like the seams rubbing on his legs. Either way, he just hoped he'd look decent enough for Fluttershy.

Now it was lunchtime, and if Coppermane didn't feel insecure about his appearance before, he sure did now. So many students everywhere, and Coppermane could just feel all their eyes on him. It was an irrational fear, but that's just how his brain is wired.

He got his food, and luckily found an empty table in the corner of the room. He sat down, and started to dig in. But as he took a drink, he saw something that made his heart skip a beat, and nearly choke on his water.

There, sitting two tables down from him, was Fluttershy, along with all her friends.

Coppermane could only make out her profile, but even then he found himself captivated. Wow… she was even more beautiful in the flesh than in his memories.

Should I go talk to her? No… she's with her friends. That's just asking to be embarrassed. But… I really want to talk to her. She's just so… cute…

Out of his peripheral vision, he spotted someone giggling at him. It was one of her friends! Coppermane suddenly realized he'd been staring this whole time!

Crap!

Coppermane quickly averted his eyes, looking down at his food. Caught red-handed, and by one of Fluttershy's friends. Of course…

Coppermane did his best to act nonchalant, but he could feel his face heating up like crazy. His heart pounded from the embarrassment. Fluttershy's friend was probably informing her right now about the creepy bastard checking her out. Great…


As Twilight told the group about her life in Equestria, Applejack suddenly giggled out of nowhere, making everyone else raise an eyebrow.

"Something funny, Applejack?" Twilight asked quizzically.

Applejack giggled again. "Oh, nothin'. Although, Ah did just catch Fluttershy's crush checkin' her out," she said, gesturing over to the table to Fluttershy's left. Fluttershy glanced over there, and her heart skipped a beat when she saw Coppermane sitting at a table, all by himself.

Fluttershy turned her head away, blushing and hiding her face in her hair. "Oh… well… he's just staring at his food…"

"He wasn't a second ago," Applejack said with a smirk.

"I haven't seen him without a hoodie on before," Sunset said, "Huh, he's actually not that bad looking."

"Yes, he cleans up rather nicely," Rarity said.

Fluttershy couldn't help herself. She had to look again. She turned her head to Coppermane, keeping her face concealed behind her hair. He did look good without his hoodie. The sunlight shined on his hair, igniting it with beautiful coppery highlights, unlike anything she's ever seen before.

Suddenly, he looked up, and the two locked eyes. Fluttershy gasped, and immediately darted her gaze away. She hid behind her hair, and felt her face heat up.

"Fluttershy, were you just staring at him?" Rainbow Dash asked with a smirk.

"Oh… um… well…" Fluttershy stammered. She heard her friends giggling, making her blush even more.

"You should go over there and talk to him!" Sunset said.

Fluttershy whimpered, "Oh… I don't want to bother him. I… I don't even know if he likes me…"

"Well, you won't know unless you go and talk to him," Rarity said.

"I know, but… what if he doesn't?" Fluttershy asked, playing with her hair.

"Fluttershy, Ah seriously think he might be crushin on ya," Applejack said. "Ah mean, we did just catch him starin' at ya, right?"

Fluttershy blushed. "I… I guess…"

Sunset suddenly got up out of her seat, and looked Fluttershy in the eye. "Come with me."

Fluttershy looked at Sunset quizzically. "Um… wh-why?"

"We're gonna go talk to Coppermane," Sunset said.

Fluttershy's felt her heart drop. "Wh-Wh-What?"

"You heard me," Sunset said with a smirk.

"Um… I… I don't know… " Fluttershy stammered.

"Fluttershy, don't you want to know if he likes you or not?" Sunset asked.

"Well, yes… but… what if… what if I say something weird… or…"

"Fluttershy," Sunset said, "Don't worry. I'm going with you. I'll help you out. I know you're scared, but the only way you're going to find out if he likes you or not is if you take a chance."

"Coppermane was super nice when we were showing him around CHS," Pinkie said. "Shy, but nice!"

"You can do it, Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash said.

Fluttershy bit her lip and played with her hair. She knew they were right. The only way to find out is if she goes and talks to him.

With a whimper, she looked up at Sunset. "Okay…" she said sheepishly.

Sunset smiled and grabbed Fluttershy's hand, "Yay!"

"Oh, Fluttershy!" Rarity said, "Maybe try to get his number?" she said with a smirk.

"We'll see, Rarity. One thing at a time," Sunset said. And with that, Sunset took Fluttershy over to Coppermane. Fluttershy's heart felt like it was on fire as they got closer.


Coppermane was busy scolding himself for getting caught again. He tried to look at her again, and ended up getting caught red-handed again. This time, by Fluttershy herself. If he wasn't a creepy bastard before, he sure was now.

Coppermane's scolding was interrupted when he saw something in his peripheral vision. It appeared to be a black leather jacket and orange skirt. He looked up to see a familiar girl gazing back at him.

"Hi, Coppermane," Sunset said, "I don't know if you remember me at all…"

"Oh, hi. Yeah, you showed me around school before my first day. Sunset Shimmer right?" Coppermane asked.

Sunset nodded, "Yep! And we have calculus together too if I remember correctly."

Coppermane nodded, and was about to say something else until he saw something behing Sunset that made his heart stop.

Sunset knew exactly what, or rather who, Coppermane was looking at. She looked behind her to see Fluttershy hiding behind her hair with her knees bent inward as she held herself.

"Oh, I'm sorry, have you met my friend yet?" Sunset asked. She gave Fluttershy a nudge, evoking a nervous whimper from her. "This is Fluttershy."

Coppermane felt a lump in his throat. Fluttershy was here. She was right here in front of him.

"Um… w-we've met. H-Hi, Fluttershy," Coppermane said. He could feel his heartbeat getting faster.

Fluttershy felt her face heat up. "Um… hi, Coppermane."

Sunset giggled at their exchange. Coppermane liked Fluttershy, it was too obvious.

"We wanted to talk to you about your time here so far. Can we sit?" Sunset asked.

"Wait… you actually… want to sit with me?" Coppermane asked.

"Of course!" Sunset said. "Is there a problem?"

"Oh no no no, I just… I'm not used to people sitting with me is all… especially two girls," Coppermane said timidly, "Sorry… " he said, gesturing for them to sit.

Sunset and Fluttershy sat opposite of Coppermane, who had butterflies beyond belief. Fluttershy was right there.

"So, have you been enjoying CHS so far, Coppermane?" Sunset asked.

Coppermane looked at Sunset, fighting with every fiber of his being to not gawk at Fluttershy. "It's been going alright so far. It's definitely better than my old school."

"Glad to hear that! Have you made any friends yet?" Sunset asked.

"Um… well…" Coppermane started to say, "I've met you, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and I met another girl named Twilight Sparkle… and… well… there's…" he said, trying to come up with other names, but his mind went blank. He sighed in defeat, "Okay… I guess I haven't been putting in much effort."

"Aww, why not?" Sunset asked.

"Well… um…" Coppermane tried to say before Principal Celestia entered the cafeteria and walked up to Sunset.

"Excuse me, Sunset Shimmer?" Principal Celestia said behind Sunset.

"Oh, hi Principal Celestia," Sunset said.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but do you mind coming with me for a moment? You're not in any trouble, I just want to speak with you about something," Principal Celestia asked.

Almost simultaneously, Coppermane and Fluttershy's hearts dropped. Were they about to be left… alone?

Sunset looked back at Fluttershy. She looked terrified. As much as Sunset didn't want to leave her friend out to dry like this, she didn't really have a choice. She couldn't say no to Principal Celestia herself. On the other hand, this would give Fluttershy a chance to talk to her crush on her own. She gestured for Fluttershy to lean her ear towards her.

"You can do this," Sunset whispered. "Just continue this conversation. You can do this."

Fluttershy's heart felt like it was on fire. She was about to left alone… with Coppermane.

Sunset looked up at the principal, "Of course, Principal Celestia."

"Thank you, Sunset," Principal Celestia said. Sunset stood up to follow Principal Celestia to her office.

As the two of them walked off, Sunset turned around and winked at Fluttershy, making her blush. And with that, Sunset and Principal Celestia walked away to her office, leaving Fluttershy and Coppermane alone… together.

Coppermane began to nervously fidget with his feet and hands. He could hear his heartbeat ring in his ear, and his heart felt like it was on fire.

I'm alone with Fluttershy… Fluttershy is right there. What do I say? I can't just sit here silently like an idiot. This is my chance! But… what the hell do I say?

Coppermane felt a huge lump in his throat, preventing him from speaking. He couldn't help it. She was just so… gorgeous. The way she played with her hair as it draped over her face was just so adorable. He tried to find words to say, but his mind kept drawing a blank.

Fluttershy's heart was pounding. She tried hiding behind her hair, but it was no use. Her face was on fire.

Oh my gosh… I'm alone with Coppermane! I should say something. I need to talk to him. This is my chance! But… what do I say?

Sunset's words echoed in Fluttershy's head.

You can do this. Just continue this conversation. You can do this.

Fighting the lump in her throat, Fluttershy took a deep breath. "S-So… um… y-you haven't m-made any other friends yet?"

"Huh?" Coppermane said dumbly. "Oh… well… I mean… it's not like I haven't made any friends. I-I've met you, right?" he said, rubbing his neck.

Fluttershy blushed, "Yeah… yeah you have…"

"But I get what you're saying. I haven't really made any other friends yet," Coppermane said.

"Why not?" Fluttershy asked.

"Um… well… it-it's a long story… " Coppermane said. "I don't want to bore you."

"Aww, don't say that," Fluttershy said. "You can tell me."

"Um… I don't know… it… it's kind of stupid…" Coppermane said, playing with his hands.

"Don't be like that. I don't mind at all," Fluttershy said sweetly. "You can tell me."

Was Coppermane hearing things? Did she want to hear his sob-story? He studied her eyes. Her beautiful teal eyes. He didn't know why, but he felt rather… secure with Fluttershy. Her face conveyed something genuine, and Coppermane felt like he could trust it, and he could trust her.

"You really want to know?" Coppermane asked.

Fluttershy nodded. "I do."

"Well… okay… " Coppermane said. Fluttershy's face immediately lit up, and she was all ears. Coppermane then proceeded to tell Fluttershy all about his life at his old school. He told her about how he got bullied basically every single day with jocks ramming into him constantly, knocking his books out of his hands, beating him up, and belittling him afterwards.

"I guess I was an easy target or something, I don't know," Coppermane said.

"I… I thought I would be able to escape it when I moved… but… well… I guess you saw what happened last Friday… " Coppermane said, looking away with shame.

Fluttershy could feel her eyes welling up. It was heart-breaking to hear how much he's had to go through. He's been bullied for that long?

"You poor thing…" Fluttershy said, placing her hand on Coppermane's.

Coppermane felt something on his hand. Something delicate and soft. He looked down to see Fluttershy's hand… on top of his.

Fluttershy followed Coppermane's eyes down, and saw where her hand was. She immediately pulled back, and hid behind her hair.

"Um… s-sorry… " she said, playing with her hands.

Coppermane's face was just as red as hers, "Oh… um… y-you're fine…"

Did she just… flirt with me?

Thankfully, Sunset returned before the situation got too awkward.

"Hey, sorry about that," Sunset said, sitting down with Coppermane and Fluttershy.

"What did the principal talk to you about?" Fluttershy asked, trying to distract herself from her embarrassment.

"She just asked me if I was going to run for Princess of the Fall Formal this year, and I told her no," Sunset said.

Suddenly, the bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch period.

"Oh… I guess lunch is over… " Sunset said.

Fluttershy got up out of her seat, slinging her backpack behind her. She looked back at Coppermane, with a face as red as an apple. "Um… thanks for talking to me, Coppermane."

Coppermane smiled. Her voice was so sweet. "N-No problem. A-Anytime."

"G-Goodbye," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah… B-Bye… " Coppermane said. Fluttershy smiled, and began to walk out. Before she left the cafeteria, she looked back at Coppermane one more time, giving him another smile and a wave.

Sunset was about to leave to, but heard Coppermane speak up behind her.

"Um… Sunset?" Coppermane said.

"Hmm?" Sunset said.

"Um… don't tell her I asked this… but…" he began rubbing his neck, "does… does Fluttershy… um…"

"Yees?" Sunset asked.

"Um… does Fluttershy… h-have a boyfriend?" Coppermane asked.

Sunset beamed. He did have a crush on her! She tried to contain her excitement, giving him a smirk. "No… no she doesn't."

"She doesn't?!" Coppermane blurted out suddenly. He immediately recoiled when he realized how loud he was, "Um… s-sorry…"

Sunset giggled, "No worries. Why do you want to know?" she asked teasingly.

"Um… n-no reason… j-just curious…" he said, rubbing his neck.

Sunset chuckled at his nervousness, "Okay, whatever you say," she said with a smile, "See you in calculus!"

"Yeah… s-see you…" Coppermane said sheepishly.

Sunset then exited the cafeteria, leaving Coppermane alone to ponder her thoughts.

Did he really just open up to Fluttershy?

Coppermane had the biggest smile on his face. His heart was still beating hard from talking to Fluttershy. He talked to a beautiful girl, and he didn't get ridiculed. Instead, she was just… nice. Nice, sweet, and caring. Was he just having a good dream?

Either way, he needed to get to class. He slung his backpack over his back, and proceeded to his next class, with Fluttershy's image dominating his mind.


Today was a study period in calculus, and groups were allowed. Rarity, Applejack, Sunset Shimmer, and Fluttershy pushed their desks together, and pulled out various homework sheets and study guides out.

"Sorry for abandoning you during lunch like that, Fluttershy," Sunset said.

"Oh, it's fine. It was the principal, after all," Fluttershy said.

"What did you two talk about?!" Rarity asked, barely able to sit still.

"Rarity, settle down," Applejack said, "But what did y'all talk about?" she asked with equal excitement.

"Well, what did he say?" Sunset asked. Fluttershy proceeded to tell the Applejack, Sunset, and Rarity what Coppermane had told her at lunch. Not everything though, just some general details. Fluttershy didn't want to betray Coppermane by having him open up to her and then have her blab to her friends about it.

"Wow… he's had it rough… " Sunset said.

"Did he tell ya why he changed schools?" Applejack asked.

"No, he didn't. I forgot to ask him," Fluttershy said, looking over at Coppermane who appeared to be very focused on his work. She turned back to her friends.

"Well, sounds like you had a good conversation anyway, huh?" Sunset asked.

"Yes… yes we did," Fluttershy said, smiling, "I hope I can talk to him again soon… " she said, twirling her hair.

"Well, why wait?" Rarity said.

"Huh?" Fluttershy asked.

"Are you having trouble with any homework problems?" Rarity asked.

"Oh… well… some problems I guess… why?" Fluttershy asked.

Suddenly, Applejack gasped, "Y'all should ask him for help!"

Sunset gasped too, "Ooh yeah! There's an empty desk over there next to him. That's a great idea!"

Fluttershy's heart began to beat faster. She looked over at Coppermane, feeling her face heat up. He seemed quite focused on his work.

"Oh, he looks like he's trying to focus. I don't want to bother him," Fluttershy said, blushing.

"Oh… he's not that focused, Fluttershy," Rarity said, smirking.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"He's glanced at you about four times now," Rarity said.

Fluttershy's eyes went wide. "H-He has?"

Rarity giggled. Her eyes went wide, "Oh! He just did it again!"

Fluttershy immediately glanced bat Coppermane, whose focus was on his work again. She turned back to her friends and began blushing and playing with her hair.

"C'mon, Fluttershy! Go over and ask him for help!" Applejack said.

"Um… I… I don't know…" Fluttershy stammered, "C-Can you go with me, Sunset?"

Sunset shook her head, "From what you told me, you did just fine on your own at lunch. You can do it, Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy pondered for a moment. She did want to talk to him again, and she did have a good conversation with him at lunch. Besides, she did legitimately need help on some problems. Even if he can't help her, it would be an excuse to talk to him. What did she have to lose?

"O-Okay, I'll do it." Fluttershy said, making all her friends smile giddily.

And with that, Fluttershy stood up and gathered her things. She took a deep breath, trying to summon up all the courage she had, and slowly made her way over to her crush.


Coppermane's mind raced as he worked on problems. Fluttershy was in the room. It was another chance to talk to her. But her friends were over there with her. As much as he didn't want to embarrass himself, he really wanted to talk to her. He almost didn't care if he got embarrassed, just as long as he could talk to Fluttershy.

Amongst the cacophony of study groups in the classroom, Coppermane heard footsteps approaching him. He looked up to see a familiar green skirt in front of him. He looked up further, and his breath was stolen when he saw Fluttershy in front of his desk, hiding behind her hair again, and holding her binder tightly in her arms.

"Oh… um… h-hi, Fluttershy… " Coppermane said.

"H-Hi, C-Coppermane… " she said, smiling and blushing. She could barely make out her friends giggling.

"C-Can I help you with something?" Coppermane asked, rubbing his neck.

"Um… I was wondering if you could help me with some problems…" Fluttershy said, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Oh… y-yeah… of… of course…" Coppermane said, trying to mask his pounding heart with a smile. "Um… do… do you want to sit?" he asked, gesturing towards the desk in front of him.

Fluttershy smiled, and placed her things on the desk in front of Coppermane. She sat down and got her papers out of her binder. As she did this, Coppermane took a moment to take in her beauty. How could one girl be so gorgeous?

"Th-Thank you, Coppermane," Fluttershy said, blushing profusely.

Coppermane snapped out of his gawking trance upon hearing her voice.

"Um… n-no problem," Coppermane said, trying his best to not gawk at Fluttershy. Though, her big teal eyes were making it difficult… "So, what do you need help with?"

"Um… well… I did this problem, and I think I have it, but I'm not sure. C-Could you check it for me?" she asked, handing one sheet to Coppermane.

"Yeah sure. J-Just gimme a second…" Coppermane said, taking the sheet of paper out of her hand.

Hmm… she has really cute handwriting.

Fluttershy looked over at her friends who were all giggling and smiling. Rarity gave her a wink, making her blush.

She turned back to Coppermane who was still looking over her work. She found herself just staring at him. He had such warm, brown eyes, and the way the sunlight reflected off his coppery hair was so beautiful. She's never seen hair like that before. But something piqued her curiosity… why was he not wearing a hoodie? He normally always wore one, so what was different about today?

"Um… Coppermane?" Fluttershy asked.

"Hmm?" he asked.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked timidly.

"Uh, yeah sure. Wh-What is it?" he asked.

"Um… wh-why aren't you wearing a hoodie today?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, I mean, I've seen you in here before, and you've always worn a hoodie," she said, "I'm just curious."

Coppermane couldn't believe she actually noticed that. He bit his lip.

I did it for you.

"Oh, well, um… I… I don't know… I just felt like… doing something different, y'know?" he said, rubbing his neck. "D-Do you prefer that I wear a hoodie?"

"Oh no, I actually think it looks… nice…" Fluttershy said, feeling her face heat up.

Coppermane's eyes went wide. "R-Really?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Mmmhmm!"

Coppermane blushed, and offered her a smile. "Wow… um… thanks, Fluttershy. You… um… you look really nice too."

Fluttershy's eyes widened. Did he just say that?

"R-Really?" Fluttershy asked.

"Y-Yeah," Coppermane said, "You're really… um… really pretty…"

Fluttershy thought she was going to faint. Coppermane just… complimented her.

He thinks… I'm pretty?

Fluttershy beamed, and brushed her hair behind her ear. "Oh… well… th-thank you, Coppermane… that's very sweet of you to say," she said, unable to stop smiling.

"Y-You're welcome," Coppermane said, rubbing his neck. He locked eyes with her again, but this time he didn't dart his gaze away. And neither did she. He just looked deeply into her eyes as she looked deeply into his. Wow… her eyes were beautiful… like two teal diamonds…

Coppermane blinked, snapping out of his trance, "Um… so… I… I looked over your work…"

"Oh… " Fluttershy said, breaking out of her trance, "Um… so… wh-what do you think?"

"Well, everything you've done is correct, but it's way more work than you needed to do," Coppermane said, "D-Do you want to see an easier way?"

Fluttershy smiled and nodded, "Yes, please."

Coppermane smiled back and turned the paper around to face her, "Okay, so here's what you could've done…"


Coppermane and Fluttershy seemed to lose track of the time, because the last school bell caught them completely off guard. Before they knew it, the everyone except them and Fluttershy's friends filed out of the room.

"Oh… I… I guess… I guess class over… " Coppermane said.

"Yeah… I guess… " Fluttershy said. She gathered her things and slung her backpack around her back. "Um… th-thanks for your help, Coppermane. I really appreciate it," Fluttershy said, holding her hands in front of her.

"N-No problem. Anytime," Coppermane said, rubbing his neck, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yep! Goodbye… " she said, giving him a smile and a wave. She walked over to reconvene with her friends, but stopped when she saw Rarity giving her some kind of gesture. She was holding her phone towards Fluttershy, pointing at her, and then pointing at Coppermane. It admittedly took Fluttershy a little bit to catch on but eventually she did. She was reluctant at first, but decided just to give it a try. With her heart pounding, she summoned up all her courage…

"Um… Coppermane?" Fluttershy said, walking back over to her crush.

"Yeah?" Coppermane said, looking up from putting stuff in his backpack.

Fluttershy's heart felt like it was going to explode out of her chest, "Um… well… this material is kind of hard, and I was wondering if… maybe…" she started to say, holding her hands in front of her, and feeling her face heat up.

"Maybe… what?" Coppermane coaxed.

Fluttershy looked up at him, "Do… do you think if I need help again… I could… t-text you?"

Coppermane thought he was hearing things. Text him?

"You… want my number?" Coppermane asked.

"I mean… if you don't want to… th-that's fine…"

"Oh no, don't worry," Coppermane said, "I-I'd be happy to give you my number."

Fluttershy looked up in shock, "R-Really?"

Coppermane nodded and blushed, "Of course. Here… um… g-gimme your phone and I'll put it in for you."

Fluttershy smiled and took her phone out. After going to her contact list, she handed it off to Coppermane. Fluttershy glanced over at the door to see Rarity standing there, who had a giddy smile on her face and was giggling. She looked at Fluttershy and gave her a wink, making her blush. Rarity walked out of the room and Fluttershy turned her attention back to Coppermane.

"Okay, h-here you go," Coppermane said, handing Fluttershy's phone back to her. She took it and looked on-screen to see Coppermane's name… and his phone number.

Oh my gosh… he actually gave me his number…

"Th-Thank you. I-I'll text you later so you get mine… " she said, trying to contain her giddiness.

"S-Sounds good," Coppermane said with a smile, "Yeah, if… um… you ever need help… don't hesitate to get in touch."

"Thanks, Coppermane," Fluttershy said, "Have a great day."

"You too," Coppermane said. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye," Fluttershy said. And with that, Fluttershy walked to the door, but not before taking one more glance at Coppermane.

Fluttershy walked out to reconvene with her friends, and was immediately rushed by Rarity.

"Ooh! Let me see! Let me see!" Rarity said, bouncing up and down Fluttershy pulled her phone out and showed it to Rarity, who squealed with joy and pulled Fluttershy into a big hug. "Oh I'm so proud of you, darling!"

"Way ta go, sugarcube!" Applejack said.

"See? I knew you could do it!" Sunset said with a smirk.

"Yeah…" Fluttershy said quietly. Suddenly, she couldn't contain her giddiness any longer, and started giggling to herself. "Oh my gosh, he gave me his number!" she said in a high-pitched voice, letting out a big, girly squeal. She even began hopping up and down in jubilation.

Her friends laughed at her outburst, and continued to converse as they walked home. Fluttershy looked down at her phone, and couldn't wait any longer. She pulled up her messages and sent a message off to Coppermane. Now he had her number.

Fluttershy couldn't stop smiling. She got closer to her crush, and got his number! She could hardly wait to spend more time with him.


Coppermane had the biggest smile on his face as he put his stuff away. He talked to Fluttershy today, and even gave her his number! And she asked him for it!

As he walked out, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He took it out to see a text from an unknown number. Could it be…? He opened up his messages…

Unknown # ==> Coppermane, 2:29 PM
Hi, Coppermane, this is Fluttershy. Thank you so much for your help today in calculus, I really appreciate it. This chapter has been very hard, and you were very helpful. I didn't know you were so smart! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Coppermane smiled, and tried his best not to shout with excitement. He had her number now!

Coppermane walked out of school, and realized something. No bullies today. His smile grew even bigger as he began walking home. This has been, by far, the best day of Coppermane's life. He couldn't wait to talk to Fluttershy again.


Coppermane ==> Fluttershy, 2:33 PM
Hi, Fluttershy. I'm always happy to help, and you were a great study partner. And yeah, I hear you, this chapter is pretty difficult, but if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to get in touch. See you tomorrow :)