• Published 19th Apr 2016
  • 11,589 Views, 231 Comments

Loveliest of Trees (Old) - Nordryd



**A rewrite** After helping the new student with his things after getting jumped by bullies, Fluttershy finds herself quite smitten. And the feeling might be mutual. One small act of kindness can change someone's entire life... no matter how damaged.

  • ...
12
 231
 11,589

Ch.14: Elucidation

After the musical showcase, Pinkie Pie invited everyone back to her house for a slumber party to celebrate.

Coppermane didn't expect to be doing anything after the musical showcase, but he didn't mind one bit. Anything to make up for lost time with his best friends. And anything to spend more time with Fluttershy.

Everyone sat in the living room, talking amongst each other, mostly about the various musical acts. Coppermane and Fluttershy sat together on the couch, with the latter on the former's lap. They held hands as they savored each other's long-missed warmth.

"Boys, I think I speak for everyone when I say that your performance was spectacular!" Rarity said.

"You completely stole the show," Sunset Shimmer said.

"You were amazing!" Fluttershy said, nuzzling Coppermane, and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I totally agree," Applejack said.

"But is anyone else wondering how they ponied up?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yeah," Sunset chimed in, "And how did Coppermane absorb our magic?"

Flash shrugged. "Um… I don't know, but I wasn't really questioning it. I thought it was awesome."

"Yeah, same," Coppermane said. "Hoops was about to punch me, and all of a sudden, there was this barrier around me. Then… I felt something stir within me…"

"The magic of friendship?" Twilight said with a grin.

"Yeah… the magic of friendship. I felt so… powerful. I saw images of… well… all of you," Coppermane said, making everyone else in the room smile. "I saw you all, and I heard these… words being whispered to me. Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter, Magic, Redemption, Chivalry, Empathy…"

Twilight rose her eyebrow at those last three words. She's never heard of those elements before, but she remembered reading something in her books that might answer that question. But Coppermane wasn't done…

"I just don't know how it happened," Coppermane said. "I figured it was some lucky anomalous event."

"No… there has to be more to it than that," Sunset said. She turned to Twilight. "We were actually hoping that you could shed some light."

"Me?" Twilight said.

"Yeah, I mean, you are the princess of friendship, right?" Sunset said. Everyone else in the room nodded in agreement.

Coppermane rose an eyebrow. "Wait… princess of friendship?"

"Yeah! Twilight's from Equestria, a magical world where where she's a princess!" Pinkie Pie chimed in.

This just made Coppermane more confused. "Equestria? Is there something I don't know about?"

Twilight suddenly realized something. As far as she knew, Coppermane knew nothing about where she came from. He knew nothing about Equestria, nor about how Twilight is a princess. Much less about how Equestria and this world are parallel universes, with everyone in this world having a pony counterpart back in Equestria.

Rainbow Dash chimed in. "Has no one told you about this?"

"I have no idea what you all are talking about," Coppermane said. "Flash told me Twilight was from Manehatten."

"Manehatten?" Twilight asked, looking up at Flash, who was blushing.

"Um… he asked me one day, and I kind of choked," Flash said, chuckling nervously. "You can't expect me to be able to explain what you told me, right?"

Twilight just laughed. She couldn't really blame him. It was pretty complicated information. Even she didn't fully understand it.

She looked back at Coppermane, giggling at his perplexed expression. "Well, Coppermane…"

And with that, Twilight proceeded to explain everything to him. Everything about Equestria, the portal that links the two worlds together, how everyone in this world has a pony counterpart in Equestria, how she's a princess, etcetera. It took a while, and a few pauses to let the information sink in, but eventually Coppermane understood. Mostly, anyways…

"So hold on, you're…a princess?" Coppermane asked in disbelief. Twilight nodded, making Copper's eyes go wide. "Wow. And… we all have counterparts in Equestria? Pony counterparts?"

Twilight nodded again. "Girls, do you remember when I told you about the Summer Sun Celebration?" The girls nodded. "Do you remember the singer I told you about who performed there?"

"The unicorn who can copy himself to make his own barbershop quartet, right?" Sunset asked.

"Mmmhmm!" Twilight said. "Well, that singer… was Coppermane's counterpart."

"What?!" the girls all said with big smiles on their faces.

"Yep!" Twilight said, giggling at Coppermane's face. "And in the two weeks before the Celebration, you became friends with all of us."

As everyone clamored, Coppermane was still trying to wrap his head around this information. Fluttershy noticed that his grip on her had become rather stiff.

"I think my head's about to explode," Coppermane said, making everyone in the room laugh.

"Well, you wanna know what else happened in those two weeks?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, I don't think my brain has the capacity for more information," Coppermane said.

Twilight giggled. "Trust me, you'll like this."

Coppermane sighed. "Alright. What happened?"

Twilight smiled and pointed at Fluttershy. "You met her."

Rarity gasped. "Are they a cute pony couple in Equestria?"

"They sure are!" Twilight said, making the girls in the room go "Aww". Coppermane and Fluttershy's faces went bright red.

Coppermane spoke up. "So, what you're saying is… you knew me before you met me?"

Twilight nodded. "Mmmhmm!"

"And, you knew about… us?" Fluttershy asked.

Twilight giggled at their exchange. "Yep! And you two are just as cute together in this world as you are in Equestria. Oh, and you know those flowers you gave her?"

"Yeah, of course," Coppermane said.

"What about them?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, back in Equestria, that's the same bouquet you gave to Fluttershy when you asked her to the Summer Sun Celebration," Twilight asked, making the girls go "Aww" again.

"That's so sweet!" Sunset said.

"And so cute!" Rarity said, giddy beyond belief.

Fluttershy and Coppermane were shocked. They looked into each other's eyes, and could see mutual amazement at what they were hearing.

"Wow…" Fluttershy said.

"Yeah…" Coppermane said.

Coppermane smiled, and pulled her into a tender kiss. He felt her relax in his arms as their lips met. He pulled away, and was happy when he saw a blissful smile on Fluttershy's face.

Fluttershy nuzzled Coppermane's cheek with her own. "I love you."

Coppermane's heart melted at those wonderful three words. He squeezed her in his arms, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you too."

Coppermane and Fluttershy heard the other girls going "Aww" and giggling at their exchange.

Rarity suddenly let out a squeal. "Oh, I just can't get over how adorable you two are!" she said, making the other girls giggle.

Coppermane saw that Fluttershy's face was bright red, as was his. But he didn't care. He loved showing Fluttershy's friends how much he adored her. He gave her another kiss on the cheek, making her face go even redder. He chuckled at her shy behavior. She was just too cute. He squeezed her in his arms, earning a heart-melting nuzzle from her.

"So… all of that brings us to why you boys ponied up," Twilight said. "Coppermane, you know those words that were whispered to you?"

Coppermane nodded, "Yeah, what about them?"

"Well, back in Equestria, those words represent the Elements of Harmony," Twilight said.

"Elements of what?" Coppermane asked.

"Elements of harmony," Twilight said. She then proceeded to explain the Elements of Harmony, and how they're the most powerful magic known in the world. She explained how each one of her friends represent one of the six elements: Applejack represents honesty, Rarity represents generosity, and so on.

"But here's the thing," Twilight said, "There's six elements… but you spoke nine words."

Sunset rose an eyebrow at this. "Does that mean… there are nine elements?"

"I'm not sure," Twilight said, "But I remember, in the book describing the elements, there was something about… Theoretical Elements."

"Theoretical Elements?" Sunset asked, raising an eyebrow, along with everyone else.

"Hidden elements, if you will," Twilight said. "The elements originate from the Tree of Harmony, and the book noted the empty branches on the tree. The theory was that the empty branches represent dormant elements, waiting to be uncovered. It even went as far as to say the elements that exist now were once dormant as well, suggesting that it's just the nature of the elements. Once an individual with a particular trait emerges, a new element is born."

Sunset seemed to be the only one who was following. Everyone else seemed quite perplexed.

"Well, anyways," Twilight continued, "It's only a theory, but I think Coppermane might've proven it today with his bravery."

Coppermane's eyes went wide. "Really?"

"Are you talking about Sunset, Coppermane, and I?" Flash asked.

Twilight nodded. "Coppermane, do you remember the last three words you said?"

Coppermane pondered for a moment, recalling the nine words he spoke. "They were… Redemption, Chivalry, and Empathy."

Sunset was having a hard time comprehending all of this. "Wait… you're saying that me, Flash, and Coppermane represent those elements?"

Twilight shrugged. "Again, it's only a theory, but I think it's a pretty solid one after tonight, wouldn't you agree?" she asked. Sunset had no argument against that. She couldn't come up with any other explanation for this anomaly. It was only speculation, but Sunset couldn't deny that she rather liked the idea of representing an Element of Harmony.

Twilight spoke again. "But, I think we can all agree that Flash and Coppermane were absolutely amazing tonight," she said. The girls all clamored in agreement, making Flash smile, and Coppermane blush.

Flash chuckled. "Well, thanks girls, but let's be real here, Coppermane completely stole the show," he said.

Coppermane blushed even more. "Oh… um… I-I don't know about that…"

"Don't be so modest, dude," Flash said, "You stole the entire show, and you know it."

"Everybody loved you, Coppermane!" Pinkie Pie said.

"You were mighty brave, sugar," Applejack said.

Coppermane blushed, hearing Fluttershy giggle next to him. "Y-You all really think so?"

"We know so!" Twilight said.

"You were awesome, Coppermane!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Coppermane, I can't even begin to tell you how amazed we all were," Sunset said.

Rarity giggled. "You've grown so much since we first met you, darling."

Fluttershy brought her hand up to cup Coppermane's face. "And we're so proud of you," she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Coppermane looked around the room, and saw everyone smiling back at him. It was so heart-warming. He really has grown, hasn't he? He thought back to the first time he sat in on their band rehearsal. He was so shy and demure, and he still is, but back then, he wasn't just shy…he was scared. Whenever he saw a new face, he thought it just meant there was someone new to hate him. Little did he know, these people would grow to become his best friends… his first friends… and change his life. His eyes began to tear up as he looked at their prideful expressions.

"And Coppermane," Sunset started to say, "I know we were all mad at you this week, but… we really missed you."

Coppermane blushed. "R-Really?"

The girls all nodded.

"It's good to have you back, Copper," Rainbow Dash said with a smirk.

Coppermane smiled at the group, and allowed tears to fall down his face. Fluttershy smiled and wiped his tears dry, making him chuckle to himself.

"I… I really missed you guys too," Coppermane said, sniffling a little. "You all have done so much for me, it's insane. I'm so lucky to have met you all. You're the friends I've wanted my entire life."

"It's an honor to call you our friend, sweetness," Rarity said. The rest of the girls nodded in agreement. Coppermane felt Fluttershy squeeze his hand, and looked to see her smiling sweetly back at him. He shed another tear, which Fluttershy caught with a kiss on the cheek, making him chuckle.

"Listen, if there's anything I can do to even begin to thank you…"

"Well, maybe there's…one thing…" Applejack said.

Coppermane was all ears. "Oh? What's that?"

"Well, we were all talkin' in the car 'bout that stuff y'all said… about your past an' all," Applejack said.

Coppermane rose an eyebrow. "Yeah? What about it?"

"What was your life like at your old school?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah," Sunset said, "I've been curious about that too."

"Me three," Rarity said.

Coppermane's eyes went wide. He looked around to see everyone with intrigued expressions. They were interested in that?

"If it's hard to talk about, that's fine, you don't have to," Twilight said.

"No, it's not that. It's just… you guys really want to know?" Coppermane asked.

Everyone in the room nodded.

"We just want to know what happened to you," Sunset said.

"What happened to cause that emotional outburst we saw tonight?" Rarity said.

Coppermane pondered for a moment. They already knew about a good portion of his past from all that venting… and they were his friends. They knew that this was sensitive information. He could trust them. If they were really that concerned, they deserved to know. In a way, he probably should've expected them to ask something like this.

"Well… what do you want to know?" Coppermane asked.

"How about we start with where you used to go to school," Rainbow Dash said.

Coppermane was silent for a second, but eventually took a deep breath and spoke. "Um… well… I used to go to Crystal Prep."

Everyone in the room, except Twilight and Sunset, gasped in shock.

"Crystal Prep?" Rainbow Dash said.

"No wonder you were miserable," Rarity said.

"What's Crystal Prep?" Twilight asked.

"Is that a rival school?" Sunset asked.

"Yep," Applejack said. "Full of jerks who beat CHS at everything. Grades, test scores, athletics, you name it."

"They're full of party poopers!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"And meanies," Fluttershy said.

The girls all looked at Coppermane to see he had a surprised expression on his face, probably at their reaction to him revealing he attended Crystal Prep. They all shrugged.

"Sorry…" Rainbow Dash said, rubbing her neck.

Fluttershy placed her hand over Coppermane's heart. "Go on, Coppermane. Please," she said with a sweet smile.

Coppermane chuckled at their little outburst, and refocused on recollecting his time at Crystal Prep. As he did so, his expression grew noticeably more somber. He had only dark memories of Crystal Prep. Eventually, after a couple minutes of pondering, he looked up at his friends' concerned faces…


Copper was frantically trying to get the hell out of the Crystal Prep building. The bullies hadn't shown up yet, and maybe if he hurried, he could escape without a scratch. His stress was causing him to sweat profusely, trying to get his things out of the locker…

All of a sudden, his locker door was suddenly pushed in, swinging into Coppermane's head, and causing him to drop his books and papers on the floor. He held his head in pain as he heard laughing coming from behind him.

"Ha! Gotta be more careful, bro," one of them said condescendingly.

Coppermane turned around, and turned scared and spiteful when he saw Neon Lights and Royal Pin.

"Look who's bringing his entire locker home to study over the weekend!" Royal Pin shouted to all the students passing by. Some looked over at Coppermane and laughed at him, making him frown in embarrassment.

"Didn't get invited to Trenderhoof's party?" Neon Lights asked disdainfully.

Coppermane looked down in shame, holding himself. "Um… n-no, I di—"

"Dude, what a stupid question, of course he didn't!" Royal Pin said, "You know Trenderhoof's biggest rule: no losers allowed."

Royal Pin and Neon Lights began to laugh at him as Coppermane began to recoil.

"Have fun with your books, loser," Royal Pin said before roughly pushing Coppermane into the lockers. His head slammed into the metal, causing his headache to worsen.

"And watch out for those lockers. They'll get you," Neon Lights said before slamming the locker door into Coppermane's face, making him hold his nose in pain. Neon Lights and Royal Pin walked away, laughing at him. Coppermane brought his hands away from his nose for a moment to discover that his nose was bleeding. He covered his nose again and looked around the floor to see his papers scattered everywhere, covered in footprints from the hallway traffic. He looked up to see two girls, Fleur Dis Lee and Indigo Zap looking at him and laughing. Coppermane held his bleeding nose with one hand while picking up papers with the other. The girls walked away, and could overhear them saying things like "What a loser" and "Such a wimp", making Coppermane scavenge papers in shame.


Coppermane couldn't find anywhere to sit for lunch. He had his tray of food, he just needed a place to sit. Everywhere he looked, tables were already claimed, and it wasn't like he had any friends to sit with. Suddenly, as he walked around and panned the room, hit foot hit something, causing him to trip and fall, landing right on his pizza, fruit cup, and chocolate milk, ruining his entire lunch, and his clothes. He heard the entire cafeteria laughing at him, and heard two familiar voices next to him.

"Enjoy your lunch?" Neon Lights said, laughing at Coppermane.

Coppermane got up, and looked down to see that his shirt was covered in pizza sauce, milk, and fruit juice. He also saw that Neon Lights had stuck his foot out.

Coppermane started to panic, hearing the entire cafeteria laughing at him as he stood still in utter humiliation. Not knowing what else to do, he just ran away, crying from embarrassment.

"Go on and cry about it, you big baby!" Indigo Zap yelled as Coppermane ran away in tears.

Coppermane ran into the men's restroom, entering a stall and locking the door, trying to calm himself down. Why did he have to be such a crybaby? Why did he have to be such a loser? A loser like him probably didn't deserve lunch anyways.


"COPPERMANE!" a voice shouted from down the hall.

Coppermane turned around to see a very angry looking Neon Lights racing after him. His eyes were filled with fire. Before Coppermane could run, Neon Lights picked him up by his shirt collar and pinned him against the lockers.

"You had to blab to the Dean, didn't you?!" Neon Lights said.

"Wh-What?" Coppermane said, panicking.

"You told her that I copied off your answers?" Neon Lights said with fire in his eyes.

"Y-Yes…?" Coppermane said, to which Neon Lights roughly rammed him into the lockers.

"I GOT A WEEK OF DETENTION BECAUSE OF YOU!" Neon Lights shouted before punching him roughly in the stomach repeatedly. Then, he threw him onto the ground, and kicked his face. Coppermane laid limp on the ground, coughing up some blood from being punched in the stomach so many times. Neon Lights leaned down to get in Coppermane's face. "If this happens again, you're gonna need an ambulance. Do you understand?" Neon Lights said in a silently angry voice.

Coppermane could only nod, in too much pain to speak. He continued to cough and hold his stomach in pain as Neon Lights walked away. Coppermane laid there on the ground in the empty hallway, crying his eyes out.


Fluttershy, with tears in her eyes, gave Coppermane a hug. "You poor thing…"

"Why would they do all that to you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Coppermane shrugged. "I-I guess I was an easy target or something…"

"But you're such a great guy, Coppermane," Applejack said.

"Those Crystal Prep kids are such meanies!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Are they really that sadistic?" Twilight asked.

Coppermane sighed. "I don't know. I just know they loved humiliating me."

"And that was a regular thing?" Rarity asked. Coppermane sighed and nodded, making her frown. "How awful…"

"I ought to go over to Crystal Prep and kick their asses," Flash Sentry said.

"Did you ever do something about it? You shouldn't have had to put up with that," Sunset said.

Coppermane bit his lip. "Well… there was this… one time…"

Coppermane proceeded to enlighten them on the day he lashed out. The day he beat the bully to a pulp. The day he made the biggest mistake of his life. As he told the story, some of their expressions were shocked, and some were sad.

"Is that why you didn't beat Hoops and Score up?" Rainbow Dash asked. "It looked like you were about to."

Coppermane sighed. "Yeah. If I did, it would've been that day all over again, and I probably wouldn't be sitting with you all right now."

Everyone in the room was silent for a moment, letting all of this information sink in. Now, his shy and insecure behavior made sense. They could see how emotionally scarred he really was. But with all these revelations, the group's respect for Coppermane grew. He survived all of that bullying, and didn't become bitter or hateful. He used it to become stronger.

Rainbow Dash smirked. "Coppermane, I'll speak for everyone. If we ever see anyone bullying you again, they'll have to go through us first."

The rest of the group nodded in agreement.

"And sugarcube," Applejack said, "Don't even think about killin' yourself. Y'all have a new life now."

"We would miss you so much!" Pinkie Pie said.

Rarity got up to sit on the couch next to Coppermane and Fluttershy. She put her hand on his shoulder. "You have friends now, darling, and we're always here for you."

"No matter what," Fluttershy said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's an honor to have the element of empathy as our best friend," Sunset said with a wink.

Coppermane looked around the room to see everyone smiling back at him. It made him shed a tear. A new life. A fresh start. The bullying, the humiliation, and the torment was all over now. In a weird way, he almost had to thank the jocks. If they hadn't shown up, none of this would've happened. The revelations, the magic, the retribution; none of it. In trying to separate him from his friends, they stabbed themselves in the back, and received rightful retribution. Coppermane won his friends back, he won the girl of his dreams back, and they learned more about him than they ever expected. Coppermane felt much closer to his friends, and he had Hoops and Score to thank.

Sunset was suddenly curious about something. "Coppermane, have you told anyone else about these things?"

Coppermane shook his head. "The only one who knew before you all was Fluttershy," he said, giving her a squeeze. "You're the only ones who know now."

Rarity smiled. "Well, thank you so much for sharing your past with us, darling."

"Like Rarity said, we're all here for ya, sugarcube," Applejack said.

Coppermane smiled. "And I'm always here for you all. It's an honor to call you my best friends."

The group smiled, and moved the conversation back to the musical showcase, along with plans for the Fall Formal tomorrow. In other words, a less depressing topic.

Coppermane didn't really talk much though, and neither did Fluttershy. As everyone else talked amongst each other, the reunited couple spent their time getting lost in each other's eyes, holding hands, making up for lost time together.


As much as everyone wanted to stay up later, the showcase had pretty much sapped everyone's energy, and one by one, the group started to check out and go to sleep. Same rules as last time: girls in Pinkie Pie's room, and boys in the guest room down the hall. Pretty soon, the entire group had adjourned upstairs… except for two.

Fluttershy and Coppermane remained on the couch, still looking into each other's eyes as they held hands, savoring the long-missed warmth of their significant other.

Fluttershy felt so safe in Coppermane's embrace, and even more so after a week of withdrawal. This week was difficult, but she came out of it feeling closer to Coppermane than ever.

"Coppermane?" Fluttershy said.

"Hmm?" Coppermane said.

"Thank you so much for asking me to the Formal," Fluttershy said, squeezing his hand.

Coppermane gave her a light squeeze. "Thank you for saying yes. Sorry it was so late…"

Fluttershy smiled. "It's okay, Coppermane. I'm just grateful you asked me."

Coppermane took her hand, squeezing it. "I missed you so much, Fluttershy."

A heart-warming feeling washed over her as she reciprocated his warm embrace.

"I missed you too, Coppermane," she said, almost shedding a tear. "I'm so happy you're mine again."

Coppermane smiled, and kissed her cheek, giving her a big hug. "I thought I lost you forever."

Fluttershy smiled, returning his warm embrace. "Don't worry, Coppermane. I'm yours, and I'm never leaving you again," she said, before giving him a big kiss. She felt his arms wrap around her, making her melt. She pulled back, and blushed when she saw a blissful smile on his face. She snuggled back up in his embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck, and nuzzling his cheek with her own.

"Did you… um… did you like the song I sang for you?" Coppermane asked.

Fluttershy perked up. "Of course I did! It was just so… romantic!" she said with an excited squeak.

Coppermane smiled, and gave her a light squeeze. "I'm glad."

"I'm so proud of you for going onstage!" Fluttershy said. "Why did you join Flash's band? Did he ask you to?"

Coppermane bit his lip. "Well… kind of. I had something else in mind when I joined. Something much bigger."

"And what was that?" Fluttershy asked.

Coppermane blushed, and gave her a squeeze. "Winning you back."

Fluttershy's eyes went wide. "You went onstage… for me?"

Coppermane nodded. "I wanted you back so badly. I wanted some way to show you… how much I love you."

A big smile grew on Fluttershy's face. "That's so sweet of you. Oh, Coppermane, I'm so sorry for everything. I should've listened to you..." she said as a tear fell down her cheek.

"Hey, it's okay," Coppermane beckoned, drying her tears and kissing her cheek. "Don't cry. That's all behind us. We're together now. That's all that matters, right?"

Fluttershy looked into Coppermane's glorious eyes. He used his hand to caress her cheek, making her melt. She moaned as she leaned into his hand, smiling big, and lifting her hand to meet his.

"I love you," Fluttershy cooed.

Coppermane's heart melted at those three words. It was music to his ears. He leaned in and gave her a passionate kiss. She moaned into his mouth as her sweet lips molded with his. He pulled away and gazed deeply into her beautiful eyes.

"I love you too," Coppermane said.

Fluttershy would never get tired of hearing those words. She couldn't help herself from kissing him again. He cradled her in his arms, making her giggle as they kissed. His lips were so tender and wonderful.

Fluttershy had to pull away when she felt a yawn coming on. Coppermane chuckled at her adorable yawn, and noticed her face becoming groggy. Seeing her grow tired was making him feel weary as well.

"Guess we should head upstairs, huh?" Coppermane said.

"Well… I mean… w-we don't have to," Fluttershy said, placing her hand on his heart.


Rarity, Sunset, and Applejack were still awake in Pinkie's room, talking quietly amongst each other as they waited for Fluttershy to come up.

"Is she ever going to come up?" Sunset asked, peering into the hallways.

"I don't know," Applejack said. "She sure is takin' a while."

"I'll go check on her," Rarity said. She walked downstairs to see what was taking Fluttershy so long. It didn't take long for her to come racing back up the stairs, giggling softly to herself.

"What's going on?" Sunset asked.

"Come look at this!" Rarity beckoned.

"Huh?" Applejack grunted.

"You two have to see this!" Rarity said, gesturing for them to follow.

Applejack and Sunset shrugged, and got up to follow Rarity downstairs to see what she was so excited about.

Rarity led them to the couch, and showed them why she was so giddy. Applejack and Sunset smiled at what they saw.

There on the couch was Fluttershy and Coppermane, sleeping peacefully together. Fluttershy laid on Coppermane's chest with his arms wrapped around her.

"Aww…" Sunset said.

"Now ain't that the cutest thing?" Applejack said.

"They just look so happy," Rarity said.

"They really love each other, don't they?" Sunset said.

"I don't think either of them are comin' up anytime soon," Applejack said.

Rarity had the biggest smile on her face. "I'm so happy Fluttershy has her prince back."

Applejack and Sunset nodded in agreement. This past week was rough on everyone, but now all was well. Coppermane was back, and Fluttershy was happy. The cutest couple was back together, and the three girls couldn't get over how adorable Coppermane and Fluttershy looked right now.

After a few minutes, they adjourned upstairs to turn in for the night. They needed plenty of sleep for the Fall Formal tomorrow.

What a week.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter felt a little rushed. I just couldn't find any other way to rewrite this.

I'm trying to get this rewrite done so I can move on to new content, so forgive me if these last few rewrites are a little rushed. Thankfully, these later chapters are a little more up to par with my "standards", so they should be quicker to rewrite.

Thanks for your continued support!

Peace out. :derpytongue2: