• Published 19th Apr 2016
  • 11,592 Views, 231 Comments

Loveliest of Trees (Old) - Nordryd



**A rewrite** After helping the new student with his things after getting jumped by bullies, Fluttershy finds herself quite smitten. And the feeling might be mutual. One small act of kindness can change someone's entire life... no matter how damaged.

  • ...
12
 231
 11,592

Ch.15: Solicitude

"Ugh… why are we up this early?" Rainbow Dash asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Because today is the Formal, Rainbow Dash!" Rarity said, "We have so much to do to get ready, and must get started right away!"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and groaned. She rubbed the rocks and crust out of her eyes, trying to wake herself up more.

"Don't be a grouch, Rainbow!" Pinkie Pie said, perky as always, "Today's going to be super-duper terrifically fantastic!"

Rainbow Dash had no idea how the rest of them could be so energized in the morning, but she had to go with the flow. Maybe after she got some food in her…

The six girls made their way downstairs to get some breakfast before splitting up from the boys to get ready for the Formal. They were all so excited! And as far as they knew, no end of the world threats! They could all just have fun!

"Oh! Shh!" Rarity suddenly said upon reaching the bottom of the stairwell.

"What?" Pinkie Pie asked in a whisper.

Rarity grinned and pointed at the couch. The rest of them looked, and collectively (and quietly) gasped at what they saw.

On the couch, Coppermane and Fluttershy were sleeping soundly together. Fluttershy rested on Coppermane's chest while holding his hand, and Coppermane held Fluttershy with his free arm.

"Aww…" all the girls said.

"Just as cute as last night!" Rarity said, trying to contain her giddiness.

"Last night?" Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

"Rarity, Applejack, and I were up later than you guys," Sunset said.

"We saw them sleepin' together before we turned in for the night," Applejack said.

Pinkie Pie squeaked a little, trying to contain her giddiness. "That's the cutest thing I've ever seen!"

Rainbow Dash smiled. "Yeah, even I gotta admit. That's pretty cute," she said, obviously a little less groggy than before.

"Wait… girls… look at their hands," Twilight said. The girls did just that, and their eyes widened.

"They're… glowing?" Sunset said, perplexed.

Suddenly, the light in Coppermane's hand grew faintly brighter, making Fluttershy stir. The girls watched as Fluttershy smiled and lovingly nuzzled Coppermane's chest, moaning slightly as she did so, all while asleep. The glow dimmed, and Fluttershy relaxed with it. Before the girls could question this anomaly further, Fluttershy's hand brightened as well, making Coppermane stir. Coppermane squeezed Fluttershy in his arms, and gave her a kiss on the forehead, still asleep. Her hand dimmed, and Coppermane relaxed with it… just like Fluttershy. At first, the girls thought they had woken up, but no, they were still very much asleep. What was this?

"Are they dreaming together?" Sunset asked.

"They might be," Twilight said, unable to come up with a better explanation.

"Aww! That's just too adorable!" Rarity said

"What do y'all think they're dreamin' about?" Applejack asked.

"Probably each other!" Pinkie Pie said.

"That's so sweet," Sunset said. "Strange… but sweet."

Everyone nodded in agreement. It sure was clear to any outside observer how much these two loved each other.

"Well, how about we get some food going, huh?" Sunset said, gesturing everyone towards the kitchen area.

"Aww, but I want to watch them sleep," Rarity said.

"Rarity, I don't think they'd like wakin' up to see all of us starin' at 'em," Applejack said. "After all, they're both pretty darn shy."

Rarity sighed in disappointment, but she knew Applejack was right. But she immediately thought of a loophole. She pulled her phone out, and took a picture of the sleeping couple, earning a glare from the other girls.

"What? Oh, c'mon! This is too adorable for me not to take a photo," Rarity said, trying to act innocent. The girls just rolled their eyes, feigning annoyance. It was pretty cute, so they could let it slide. For now, it was time to make breakfast. The gang had a long day ahead of them.


Coppermane and Fluttershy slept soundly for a little while longer until their hands ceased glowing. As the glimmer dissipated, the couple awoke together.

Coppermane looked down, and his morning was immediately made wonderful when he saw the most beautiful girl in the world lying on his chest. She looked up at him with that gorgeous face and those twinkling teal eyes, making his heart skip a beat. She offered a smile and a nuzzle. He smiled back, and brushed the hair out of her face, evoking a blissful moan.

"Good morning, beautiful," Coppermane said, stroking her cheek.

Fluttershy's face went bright red. "Good morning… h-handsome," she said with the cutest little shy smile.

Coppermane blushed himself, and chuckled at how adorable she looked. He kissed her forehead, and squeezed her in his arms, making her giggle.

"Sleep well?" Coppermane asked.

"Mmmhmm!" Fluttershy said. "I… I had the most wonderful dream…"

"Oh? What did you dream about?" Coppermane asked.

Fluttershy blushed, and nuzzled Coppermane's chest. "You."

Coppermane's eyes went wide. "R-Really?"

Fluttershy smiled, and was about to answer before a voice from the kitchen interrupted them.

"Oh, look who's awake!" Rarity said. The couple turned their heads to see everyone else sitting at the island counter.

"Oh… good morning, everyone," Fluttershy cooed, feeling her face heat up.

"Why don't y'all come over and eat?" Applejack said.

"We have a long day ahead of us," Sunset said, making the girls giggle.

Coppermane and Fluttershy took in the aroma of the room, making their mouths water. Fluttershy gave Coppermane a quick kiss before getting out of his lap to join everyone else at the island counter. They sat down next to each other, and dug into the plethora of food as they discussed their plans for today.


Their plan was simple. The boys and girls split up for the afternoon to get ready. The boys would pick the girls up at the boutique later today. Then, after taking pictures at Canterlot Park, it was time to go to CHS!

Now that breakfast was over, it was time to start getting ready. Coppermane and Flash decided to drive the girls to the boutique. Rarity was determined to make everyone look perfect, and she wanted to get started right away.

Coppermane took Rarity, Sunset, and Fluttershy (of course) in his car, and Flash took everyone else. Rarity talked the entire time about her plans for everyone, except for Fluttershy's. Her reasoning was to keep Coppermane on his toes, making him and Fluttershy blush.

As soon as they pulled up, Rarity wasted no time in jumping out.

"Thank you ever so much for driving us, darling!" Rarity said before bolting for the boutique entrance. She really was excited, wasn't she?

"Thanks, Coppermane," Sunset said, following Rarity inside.

Fluttershy lingered for a moment, squeezing Coppermane's hand while looking into his warm brown eyes.

"Look extra pretty for me, alright?" Coppermane said.

Fluttershy blushed. "I mean… I'll do my best…"

Coppermane chuckled. "Don't worry. You'll look gorgeous no matter what."

Fluttershy's cheeks went bright red as she started twirling her hair.

"You really think so?" Fluttershy cooed.

"I know so," Coppermane said, giving her hand a kiss.

Fluttershy giggled as he kissed her hand. How cute!

"Goodbye, Coppermane," Fluttershy said.

"Goodbye, Fluttershy," Coppermane said. Fluttershy gave him a quick kiss before hopping out of his car to join everyone else in the boutique.

Coppermane couldn't help himself from watching Fluttershy as she walked to the entrance. Her hair flowed so beautifully in the breeze, and the way she subtly sashayed her hips as she walked was hypnotic. Was she doing that on purpose?

HONK HONK

The sound of a car horn behind Coppermane made him jump, ramming his head into the ceiling. Maybe he should stop gawking at Fluttershy like a creep and get a move on.

With that, Coppermane drove home to get ready for the formal. On the way, his imagination went crazy as he tried to picture what Fluttershy would look like next time he saw her. Would her dress be long? Short? Would it show a lot of skin? Hug her figure? Would it be teal or turquoise to bring out her eyes? Would she wear jewelry? Would her hair be curly? Straight? His mind overflowed with the possibilities.

He could hardly wait!


THAT AFTERNOON

The boys would be here at any minute, and Rarity was still helping Fluttershy and Twilight get ready. Applejack, Sunset, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie sat in the main foyer, talking amongst each other while they waited.

Rarity was putting the final touches on Twilight's makeup. Twilight was still quite inexperienced with doing her own makeup without magic, so Rarity offered to help.

"Oh, you both look simply fabulous!" Rarity said.

"Well, thanks for your help, Rarity," Twilight said.

"Um… I don't know… this dress seems a little… short," Fluttershy said.

"Fluttershy, darling, you're being ridiculous. You look stunning!" Rarity assured her.

Before the girls could say anything else, they heard a voice coming from the main room.

"They just pulled up!" Rainbow Dash called out.

Fluttershy gasped. "Oh gosh! Do I look okay? Is my hair alright? What about my makeup?"

"Fluttershy, please calm down," Rarity said. "I told you, you look amazing. Coppermane's not going to know what to do with himself," she said with a teasing smirk, making Fluttershy blush. "Now, you both wait here, and I'll call you out."

Twilight and Fluttershy rose an eyebrow. "Huh?"

Rarity shrugged. "Just to keep the boys on their toes. They're going to love your dresses!"

Rarity walked out into the main room, looking rather chipper.

"Aren't Twilight and Fluttershy coming out?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm going to call them out individually. Just to keep the boys on their toes!" she said with a giggle.

A knock on the door made Rarity squeal. She wasted no time in opening up the door.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen," Rarity said, giving them a curtsey, "Come on in!"

"Lookin' sharp, boys," Applejack said as the boys walked inside.

"Thanks," Flash said.

"We try," Coppermane said.

"Wow, you girls look amazing," Flash said.

"I'll say," Coppermane said.

"Aww thanks. You boys are too sweet," Sunset said. "If you think we look good, just wait…"

The boys' faces lit up, and immediately panned around the room. Their faces turned disappointed when they didn't find what they were looking for.

"Um… where's Fluttershy and Twilight?" Coppermane asked curiously.

"Oh, they're still in the back room getting ready," Rarity said. "I'll go check on them!"

Rarity adjourned to the back room, leaving Coppermane and Flash a little flustered.

"She seems… happy," Coppermane said.

"A little too happy if you ask me," Flash said.

Coppermane and Flash looked around to see all the girls smiling, as if they were expecting something to happen.

“Oh, boys!” Rarity said in an amorous voice. Everyone looked in her direction to see her standing in the doorway with a flirty smile on her face.

"Twilight is all prettied up. Flash Sentry, are you ready?" Rarity asked with a grin.

"You kidding? I've been ready," Flash said, making the girls giggle.

Rarity smiled and opened the back room door, allowing Twilight to step out. Flash's jaw hit the ground. Her hair was slightly curled, with those adorable purple and pink streaks. She wore pinkish-purple boots, and the amethyst necklace Flash had given her. Her sparkly, pinkish-purple dress went down to her knees and graced her figure. She was gorgeous, but even that word didn't do her justice.

Twilight's face was bright red at seeing Flash's face. She was quite taken herself at seeing him in a tuxedo. She had one handsome boyfriend.

Flash heard the girls giggling around him, snapping him out of his trance. Sort of…

"Twilight…" Flash said, entranced.

"You like my outfit?" Twilight asked, bashfully approaching Flash.

"Do I ever…" Flash said, taking Twilight's hands.

Twilight giggled. "You look pretty good too," she said, placing her hand on his heart.

Flash smiled. "Thanks." He pulled Twilight into a kiss, and held her in his arms, making the girls smile.

"You two are so cute!" Pinkie Pie said loudly, making the couple blush.

Rarity cleared her throat, making everyone look over at her.

"And I do believe Fluttershy is now all prettied up herself. Coppermane? Are you ready?" Rarity asked.

Coppermane took a deep breath. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Rarity opened the door a little more, and Fluttershy stepped out. Upon seeing his date, Coppermane went totally bug-eyed. The world around him disappeared, and all that existed was the goddess of beauty herself. Just when Coppermane thought Fluttershy couldn't get any prettier…

Fluttershy wore a sleeveless, sparkling turquoise dress that went down to just above her knees, and graced her delicate figure. Her dress had pink butterfly graphics around the waistline, and went from tight around the top, to delicately flowing towards the bottom. She wore pink and teal boots with butterflies on the straps. Her hair was curled with a teal butterfly instead of a white one. She wore aquamarine butterfly earrings, and the teal cherry blossom pendant necklace he had given her. All the shades of teal brought out her already dazzling eyes, making them look like stars. As if the outfit wasn't enough, she was standing in such a way that made his heart dance. Hands behind her back, knees touching, and an adorable shy smile, complemented by her blushing face.

No... there was no way a girl could be this beautiful. The girls began giggling at how dumbfounded Coppermane was, but he couldn't help himself. Fluttershy was beauty incarnate. What could he possibly say to do her elegance any justice?

All he could muster was…

"Wow…"

Fluttershy's cheeks went bright red as she approached her stupefied boyfriend. She placed her hands on his shoulders.

"H-Hi," Fluttershy cooed.

"H-H-Hi," Coppermane mumured, still bug-eyed.

"D-Do you like my outfit?" she asked, feeling her face heat up.

"I… I don't think I'm worthy…" Coppermane said, making Fluttershy's face go even redder, as if that was even possible. Coppermane's trance was somewhat broken when he heard Rarity giggling up a storm.

"See, Fluttershy? I told you he wasn't going to know what to do with himself!" Rarity said, making the other girls giggle, and making Coppermane's face go bright red.

Fluttershy just giggled with them, and gave Coppermane a peck. He was just too cute!

"Ah hate to break up the happy couples, but we should probably get to the park before it gets any darker outside," Applejack said.

And with that, they were off. First the park, and then the formal!


The Fall Formal was in full swing, and everyone was having a great time. This year, for the most part, Vinyl Scratch was in charge of the music. She stood behind her booth with all her equipment set up, blasting music for everyone to dance to, whether it was custom mixes, or songs everyone knew and loved. Flash Drive was scheduled to play a couple songs later on after the prince and princess were crowned, but for now, they had time to dance and had fun. Practically all of CHS was there, and everyone was having a blast.

Coppermane was very new to all of this. He's never been to a dance before, and wasn't really sure what he should do. The first thing that caught him off guard was how loud the music was. Not that he didn't like turning up his own music full blast every now and then, but this seemed a little too loud. He could barely hear Pinkie Pie, and that's saying something. He also noticed that the lighting in the big area was really dark. Everyone's face was bright blue, and it started to hurt his eyes after a while.

But these were just minute problems. He was determined to have a good time tonight. After all, he had the most beautiful date any guy could ask for.

On the dance floor, the girls and Flash started dancing on their own, not giving a care in the world. But Coppermane froze. What was he supposed to do? He didn't know how to dance worth a damn. Not knowing what else to do, he started nodding his head and tapping his foot to the beat as he watched everyone else, mostly Fluttershy. As timid as she was, she sure was having fun dancing. Coppermane smiled at how cute she looked. She was definitely more of a party person than he was.

Fluttershy glanced at her boyfriend, and did a double-take when she saw how stiff he looked. His shoulders were tense while he nodded his head awkwardly to the beat. His hands remained in his pockets, and he tapped his foot in rhythm. Fluttershy walked up to him, and tried to encourage him to dance, telling him that nobody will judge him for what he does. His hesitance only made her coax him more. Eventually, she got him to start moving a little more, which mostly involved him moving his legs side-to-side, and some lip-syncing. She could only giggle. Sometimes, she could hardly handle how cute he was!

The group danced for a few minutes, having a blast with song after song. Rarity excused herself after a while, presumably to use the restroom or to take a break. Eventually, everyone else had the same idea, and retreated to the quieter, and more properly lit area of the school to relax for a bit. Sunset, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie went to go get some punch, while Fluttershy and Coppermane went broke off to be alone, as did Twilight and Flash. Rarity was still nowhere to be seen. Where was she?

As Fluttershy and Coppermane walked around hand-in-hand, trying to find a place to talk, random people started approaching them.

Lyra Heartstrings and Bon-Bon complimented both of them on their performances, and commended Coppermane for his bravery. They told Fluttershy that she was so lucky to have a guy like Coppermane, and that his confession was so romantic.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo came up to them and basically repeated Lyra and Bon-Bon. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon did the same thing, as did many other students.

"Oooh!" a familiar perky voice said from behind the couple. They turned around to see Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Sunset grinning at them. "Look at you, Mr. Popular!" Pinkie Pie said teasingly, giving him a playful push on the shoulder.

"Seems like y'all are drawin' a lot of attention," Applejack said.

Coppermane blushed, and felt Fluttershy squeeze his hand. "Yeah…I guess…"

"How does it feel to be popular?" Sunset asked.

"Popular?" Coppermane asked. "Oh, I don't know about that…"

"You kiddin'? After the showcase, everyone's talkin' about you two," Applejack said, smirking.

"R-Really?" Fluttershy asked, feeling her face go bright red.

"I've seen people looking over at you two, and smiling," Sunset said.

"I think I even saw some girls giggling at ya, Coppermane," Applejack said, winking.

"Some of them even looked jealous," Sunset said, winking at Fluttershy, making her blush.

"You're popular, Coppermane!" Pinkie Pie squealed.

Coppermane rubbed his neck, feeling his face heat up. He looked around him, and caught some other students glancing at him. Then, yet another student came up and complimented him and Fluttershy. He heard the girls giggle, and felt Fluttershy give him a side-hug. At this point, his face was bright red.

"How does it feel, Coppermane?" Sunset asked.

Coppermane rubbed his neck, "Well… I don't know. This is all pretty new to me…"

"Just keep an eye out, Coppermane," Applejack said. "I reckon people will be comin' up to ya for the rest of the night."

"We're so proud of you!" Pinkie Pie said, giving Coppermane a hug.

Coppermane chuckled and reciprocated, "Thanks."

And with that, the three of them walked away, leaving Fluttershy and Coppermane alone together once again.


"I'll wait out here," Coppermane said.

"Okay," Fluttershy said with a smile, walking into the restroom.

What a great night so far. Normally, Coppermane wouldn't like a social event like this, but his friends were doing wonders to turn it into a very enjoyable night. And having Fluttershy as his date was helping a lot to boost his confidence.

But something was off. Rarity seems to have disappeared. She excused herself a while ago, but still hasn't returned. Where was she?

As he pondered this, he heard sounds coming from around the corner of the hall. It sounded like someone was crying. He decided to investigate. He turned the corner to see a familiar indigo-haired girl crying her eyes out, standing all alone.

"Rarity?" Coppermane called out.

Rarity gasped sharply, and turned around to see a concerned-looking Coppermane.

"Oh… h-hello, Coppermane…" Rarity said shakily.

Coppermane noticed Rarity's bloodshot eyes, and the faint black streams of mascara running down her cheeks.

"We've been wondering where you went," Coppermane said, approaching her. "What's wrong?"

"Oh… it… it's nothing…" Rarity said.

Coppermane rose an eyebrow. "Rarity, it's definitely something. Talk to me."

Rarity looked down, shedding more tears. She dried her cheeks, and sighed.

"Well… V-Vladimir Blueblood… h-he asked me to the formal," Rarity said, sniffling a little, "But he dumped me at the beginning of the week."

"Aww, I'm sorry to hear that," Coppermane said.

"I thought it was because he had another event to go to… but… he's here… and… he's with another girl," Rarity said with pained squeak.

"What?" Coppermane said. "Is that why you've been gone all night?"

Rarity nodded dejectedly. "I… I just don't know… wh-what I did wrong…" she said, starting to break down again.

"Hey, don't say that. C'mere, c'mere," Coppermane said, pulling Rarity into a hug, rubbing her back to try and comfort her. Rarity reciprocated his embrace, crying on his shoulder. "Shh… it's okay… it's okay…"

As Coppermane tried to comfort Rarity, Fluttershy came around the corner. She heard the crying as well, and wanted to investigate. She found Coppermane and Rarity, and was shocked to see the latter crying. She immediately rushed over to see what was up.

"Rarity? Coppermane?" Fluttershy said, "What's going on?"

Rarity lifted her head, and just stammered nonsense before leaning her head back on Coppermane's shoulder, sobbing.

"Shh… it's alright," Coppermane said, rubbing Rarity's back.

"Rarity, what's wrong?" Fluttershy beckoned.

"Her date dumped her, and now he's here with another girl," Coppermane said.

Fluttershy gasped, "Oh gosh. Rarity, I'm so sorry," she said, rubbing Rarity's back.

It took a while, but eventually Rarity started to calm down a little.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Coppermane asked.

Rarity lifted her head, and looked at Coppermane and Fluttershy. She bit her lip at their concerned face.

"Well… there is… one thing," Rarity said.

"Anything, Rarity," Fluttershy said.

"I-If it's alright with you… I'd love a dance," she said, looking at Coppermane.

Coppermane rose an eyebrow. "W-With me?"

Rarity nodded, making Coppermane bite his lip. He looked at Fluttershy.

"A-Are you okay with that?" he asked. "I mean… we just got back together…"

"It's okay, Coppermane," Fluttershy said. "I don't mind at all."

"Really?" Coppermane asked.

"Of course!" Fluttershy said. "It's a dance, silly! You're allowed to dance with other people. And anything to help Rarity feel better."

Coppermane couldn't argue with that. He heard a slow song starting in the main room, and looked at Rarity with a smile.

"Rarity, may I have this dance?" Coppermane asked, holding his hand out to her.

Rarity smiled at the charming gesture. "I'd be delighted," she said, taking Coppermane's hand.

Coppermane smiled, and looked at Fluttershy. "Next dance is all yours."

Fluttershy giggled. "I can't wait," she said, giving her boyfriend a quick peck. "Have fun!"

And with that, Coppermane walked Rarity out to the dance floor. As they walked away, Rarity mouthed "Thank you" to Fluttershy, to which Fluttershy smiled.


Coppermane brought Rarity out to the dance floor, amidst all the other pairs of students slow-dancing with each other. Coppermane put his hands on Rarity's waist, and Rarity put her hands on his shoulders. Coppermane looked into her eyes, and saw they were still very bloodshot. Her expression was somber, and her face was reddened along with faint, black streaks of mascara trailing from her eyes. How long had she been crying?

"Rarity… I'm really sorry about Blueblood," Coppermane said.

Rarity sighed. "Oh… it's fine. I guess he's found someone better suited for him…"

"Hey, don't say that," Coppermane said. "You're perfectly suited for him."

"Well, why is he here with someone else then? I've liked him for such a long time and… it's just not fair, Coppermane," she said, sniffling.

Coppermane felt a tug at his heartstrings. He's never seen Rarity in such a state before. She was usually so sure of herself. So optimistic. She carried herself so confidently, and was… well… admittedly quite fabulous. She could even be a bit flirty at times. But this? This wasn't the fashionista Coppermane knew, or at least he thought he knew. This was a whole new dimension to Rarity, and a side of her that she probably very seldom showed. A side that was more fragile and sensitive. More innocent and demure.

He couldn't help but feel her pain. He tried to imagine if Fluttershy did the same thing to him. He would be devastated, and he would feel insecure about himself too.

The feeling of being rejected; unwanted.

Wow… poor Rarity…

Rarity finally looked up, but she didn't look at Coppermane. Her gaze was aimed at something behind him. Noticing the angst in her eyes, Coppermane took a glance to see what she was looking at. Behind them was the reason Rarity was so upset in the first place. Vladimir Blueblood himself, dancing with his new date. Coppermane looked back to see a black stream running down Rarity's cheek, accompanied by a pained squeak.

Coppermane immediately turned Rarity around, evoking a surprised squeak from her, and facing her back to Blueblood. Now, Blueblood was in Coppermane's peripheral vision, and not hers.

"Don't look at him," Coppermane said.

She began slowly turning her head around to look again. "But… I-I just want to see–"

"Rarity," Coppermane said sternly, using his hand to turn her head back to him. "Don't look at him. He had his chance, and he blew it."

Rarity sighed, and looked down again. Her crush was right behind her dancing with another girl. It was like her heart was being ripped apart.

"Rarity, look at me," Coppermane said, bringing her chin up. "Blueblood has no idea what he's missing out on. He had a chance to go out with Rarity, one of the best girls I know," he said, making Rarity blush. "Believe me when I say this, Rarity. You are an amazing girl. You're talented, kind, generous, and beautiful. If Blueblood threw you away like you were nothing, then he doesn't deserve you. You deserve a guy who appreciates you for you, and everything you are. A guy who won't turn a blind eye, and will give you the special attention you deserve." A feeling of pride filled him upon seeing a tiny smile appear on Rarity's face. "One of these days, you'll meet a guy, and without even trying, you will drive him absolutely crazy. And I promise you, that guy won't ignore you. He'll adore you, and treasure every second he spends with you. He'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated."

Coppermane smiled when he saw Rarity smile a little bigger.

"You really think so?" Rarity asked in a soft voice.

Coppermane nodded. "Absolutely. I know because… that's exactly how I feel about Fluttershy," he said, spotting Fluttershy in his peripheral vision. "She's driven me absolutely insane since I first met her, but I wouldn't trade that craziness for the world. I'm crazy for her, and I wouldn't have it any other way." Coppermane looked back at Rarity. "And I know it sounds cliché, but one day you'll meet your knight in shining armor. I'm sure of it."

Rarity's cheeks were bright red, and she was smiling again. He looked into her eyes, and couldn't find any signs of angst. Instead, her gaze was warm.

Rarity placed her hand over Coppermane's heart. "The world needs more guys like you and Flash, Coppermane," she said, making him blush.

Coppermane and Rarity danced until the end of the song, and the two of them were closer than ever.

The song finished, changing to another slow one, and Coppermane and Rarity stopped dancing.

"Feeling better?" Coppermane asked.

"Much better," Rarity said. She pulled Coppermane into a big, warm hug. "Thank you so much, darling."

Coppermane smiled, and hugged her back. "Anytime, Rarity. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to come find me, okay? I'm always here for you."

Rarity smiled, pulling back. "Thank you."

"Alright, it's Fluttershy's turn now. Take care of yourself, okay?" Coppermane said.

"I will. Go show Fluttershy how lucky she is," Rarity said, making Coppermane blush.

Rarity watched as Coppermane approached Fluttershy, and asked her for a dance. She giggled as she watched Fluttershy take Coppermane's hand without hesitation. Those two were just so sweet together.

"Um… Rarity?" a voice said beside her.

Rarity looked, and saw Vladimir Blueblood standing right there next to her.

"My date left. She seemed a little angry about something, and I don't know what. All the same, I don't want to be here alone. Would you like to dance?" he asked, holding his hand out.

Rarity's eyes went wide. After dumping her, and after breaking her heart, he wanted to dance? And even having the audacity to imply that she was his second choice?

Coppermane's words echoed in her head.

"He had his chance, and he blew it. If Blueblood threw you away like you were nothing, then he doesn't deserve you."

She looked up at Blueblood's eyes, and they were devoid of any substance. Her eyebrows furled. He wasn't chivalrous at all like she thought he was.

She crossed her arms, and turned away from him. She gave him a sassy "Hmph!", and strutted away, leaving him in the dust.

Rejecting that jerk, and giving him what he deserved filled Rarity's heart with pride.

Maybe not being Blueblood's date to the formal wasn't so bad after all. In fact, it turned into something great for her.

She did deserve better.


Since they first danced together, Coppermane and Fluttershy were both waiting for any opportunity to do it again. And now they doing just that. Even in a noisier atmosphere, the only people that existed to them were each other.

"Is Rarity feeling better?" Fluttershy asked.

"I think so," Coppermane said.

"What did you say to her?" Fluttershy asked.

"I told her that Blueblood isn't worth it if he threw her away like that. I assured her that she was an amazing girl, and her prince is out there somewhere. It seemed to cheer her up," Coppermane said.

Fluttershy smiled. "Well, that was very sweet of you to help her," she said, placing her hand on his heart.

Coppermane smiled, and continued to look deeply into Fluttershy's beautiful eyes. Her smile was so bright, and her eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked at her.

Fluttershy smiled as she gazed into Coppermane's warm eyes. They were just the loveliest shade of chocolate brown.

A somewhat devious smile grew on his face. Before Fluttershy could question it, without warning, Coppermane dipped her. Suddenly, Coppermane met her lips with a passionate kiss, making her melt in his arms with a soft moan. Lust poured from his lips like a waterfall as he kissed her. She mirrored every movement of his lips perfectly as he cradled her. His arms were the only thing supporting her in her state of ecstasy.

He gently brought her back upright, and pulled away. Fluttershy was left with a shocked, bug-eyed expression. Such a sudden display of passion…

"C-Coppermane…" Fluttershy stammered as a smile slowly grew on her face. "Wh-What was that for?"

Coppermane blushed. "I just wanted to show you how grateful I am to have the prettiest girl in school as my date."

Fluttershy's cheeks went bright red. "Oh, Coppermane, stop."

Coppermane chuckled, cupping her face. "Stop what? You look amazing, Fluttershy. I can't help that."

Fluttershy giggled, looking away from Coppermane's gaze as she felt her cheeks heat up.

"Y-You're just saying that…" Fluttershy cooed.

"Fluttershy, you're beautiful. Don't you believe that?" Coppermane asked.

Fluttershy's heart skipped a beat at the way Coppermane was looking at her. His smile was heart-melting. He never failed to make her feel special. She lifted her head to give him a tender kiss before giving him a big hug.

"I love you so much," Fluttershy said, nuzzling his chest.

Coppermane's heart melted at those wonderful words, and squeezed her in his arms. "I love you too."

As the current song ended, the main lights came up as Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna walked onstage. The latter held two crowns.

"Thank you all for a wonderful Fall Formal so far," Principal Celestia said. "As you may know, we're changing things up this year. By popular demand, we've decided to crown a Princess and Prince. And this year, the title of Prince and Princess of the Fall Formal goes to…"

Everybody waited eagerly. Who was it going to be?!

"…Coppermane and Fluttershy!"

Amidst the loud applause, Coppermane and Fluttershy stood still, stunned at what they were hearing. Suddenly, they were the center of attention, making them blush.

Them? They won?

Flash noticed the couple was acting a bit gun-shy, and decided to help usher them onstage. Coppermane and Fluttershy came to their senses, and walked the rest of the way themselves without Flash's help. Fluttershy squeezed Coppermane's hand tightly, and stood close to him while onstage.

"Congratulations to you both," Principal Celestia said.

"Um… Principal Celestia… not to sound ungrateful or anything… but were we even on the ballot?" Coppermane asked.

"I signed you up! I signed you up!" a familiar, perky voice called out. Coppermane and Fluttershy looked out into the audience to see Pinkie Pie jumping and down excitedly.

"Why?" Coppermane asked.

"Because you two are only the cutest couple ever!" Pinkie said.

"And ballot or no ballot," Vice Principal Luna said, "I think I speak for everyone when I say after what you did yesterday, you two deserve these crowns."

"And we can assure you that Hoops and Score will be rightfully punished," Principal Celestia said.

Everyone in the audience cheered for the couple. Coppermane and Fluttershy looked at each other, and blushed as Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna placed the crowns on their heads.

Coppermane couldn't believe what was happening. Prince of the Fall Formal? He never imagined he would be bestowed with such a title. And to make it even better, he had the most beautiful princess he could ask for. Coppermane looked over at Fluttershy, who was already looking at him with a cute bright smile and adorable red cheeks. He couldn't help himself from doing what he did next. He pulled her into his arms, and dipped her onstage, giving her a passionate kiss in front of everyone. The audience cheered even louder as he felt Fluttershy relax in his arms. He did his best to show everyone here how much he loved her.

He brought her upright, and pulled away to see a big smile on her face, filling his heart with pride. She gave him a big hug, to which he immediately reciprocated.

Fluttershy suddenly wasn't nervous anymore, despite being watched by everyone here. Coppermane's embrace just made her feel so safe. Suddenly, he scooped her up in his arms, making her squeak. A smile grew on her face as he carried her offstage. She gave him a big kiss on the cheek. Coppermane was just full of surprises today!

He set her down with on the ground next to her ecstatic friends, and gave her one more kiss before following Flash back onstage. It was their turn to make some music.


{Song: Here Comes the Sun & Reach for the Stars

}


Coppermane had one hell of a night. An amazing time at the Fall Formal, helping Rarity, and being crowned Prince of the Fall Formal. On top of that, his Princess was none other than his beautiful Fluttershy.

After Coppermane and Flash played their music, the group decided they were ready to leave. Coppermane invited everyone back to his house for a sleepover in an attempt to thank them for everything. It wasn't really much, but he'd be damned if he didn't try to show his appreciation for everything they've done for him.

They stopped by the boutique to allow the girls to change back into their casual clothes, and were at Coppermane's house immediately after. After hanging out for a while, everyone was ready to go to sleep. The Formal had done a good job of sapping everyone's energy.

Everyone was out cold… except Coppermane. He laid in his bed, holding Fluttershy in his arms as she slept soundly on his chest. Coppermane decided to stay awake for a little while longer to watch his girlfriend sleep. She looked adorable lying on his chest.

He could still picture her in her dress. No words in any language could even come close to accurately describing how amazing Fluttershy looked. He couldn't ask for a more perfect princess if he tried.

Coppermane tried something bold. He moved his hand down to Fluttershy's waist, and began massaging it. It was so smooth and delicate. Fluttershy stirred a little in her sleep as he stroked her waist. She nuzzled his chest, moaning softly before relaxing again. Coppermane could only smile. She was just too cute.

He let out a mighty yawn, and felt his eyelids growing heavier. He wrapped his arms around Fluttershy to keep her safe as she slept.

"Sweet dreams, my beautiful princess," he said, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you… so much." It didn't take him long to drift off, holding his sweet, delicate princess in his arms.