• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 3,948 Views, 25 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Friendship Games - MaggiesHeartLove



Team Avatar takes a trip to Canterlot High and help Sunset Shimmer and the gang in preparations for the Friendship Games. But, not everything is as it appears to be.

  • ...
12
 25
 3,948

The Eternal Flame

*(~)*

James 1:15~

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

*(~)*

The Eternal Flame

Both schools sat opposite one another on the bleachers just on the doorstep of Canterlot High for the final event to determine the winner of the games. The Rainbooms were preparing themselves for the event, well mostly Rainbow Dash, while the others just felt tired. And it wasn't because of the magic. They were tired of all this rivalry, all this division. It was all getting too much for them emotionally.

Korra felt this most of all. At first, she thought the opposing school would be a good sport, and even if they did succeed in winning at least the Wondercolts would have come up knowing they could do anything if they set their minds to it. But once she saw how the games actually were, and what that horrible Principal had brainwashed her students into believing…it tore her heart in two.

She had seen, lived and felt disharmony many times in the past. The memories never left her, but she never allowed them to keep her from doing what she needed to do. She had been so devastated about the portal she had nearly been blinded by what was right in front of her. She was thankful she was reminded quickly of this when she needed to be, but she still felt awful about what was happening. This wasn't even about the games anymore, at this point she could care less about who won. What she cared for most now was those kids, what they were doing. She saw their eyes, she was determination for sure, but she also saw hollowness and emptiness. She saw the exact same thing in the eyes of her former enemies; Amon, Tarlokk, Unalaq, Zaheer, Discord, the Sirens, and she saw it in their eyes too. Her heart was pulling her to do something, and she knew exactly where to start once she made her way towards the Crystal Prep side.

Korra approached the Shadowbolts' lane and got the nerdy girl's attention. "Twilight? Can we talk?"

"I…I guess."

"First of all, I wanted to apologize."

"Apologize?" Twilight was rather surprised by this. She thought she was the one who needed to apologize, but was stunned when Korra said she was the one who needed to do so instead.

"I shouldn't have been so hard on you before. This may be hard to believe but, the truth is--"

"Is everything alright, young lady?" The two girls were startled when Principal Cinch appeared before them, eyeing Korra in a very suspicious manner. Korra stood firm and dignified before her.

"Yes, ma'am. I was just wishing your student good luck."

"How admirable of you. But we don't need such petty encouragement. The thought was a nice gesture non the less."

Dean Cadance adjusted the mic to speak, "Since the score's tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games."

Luna showcased both teams individual flags, each with a symbol of their team, "Somewhere on campus, a pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find their school's flag and bring it back wins."

"And as soon as our teams are ready, we'll begin."

"You better get back to your team, coach." Cinch said coldly.

Korra only slightly narrowed her eyes before turning to Twilight. Her expression softening. "I hope we can get a chance to talk later, Twilight." she said before walking back to her team.

Fluttershy lightly pulled her hair, "I don't feel like playing these games anymore."

"We have to play! This is the last event!" Rainbow said.

Rarity scoffed in exhaustion, "It's a little hard to focus with all the magic stealing and portal opening."

"And I feel awful about what I said to Twilight." Sunset confessed.

"Especially since she obviously didn't mean to do all the stuff she did." Fluttershy said, "She's actually really nice."

Poor Sunset face palmed herself, feeling worse for what she had said. All eyes fell on Fluttershy, who realized she wasn't really helping with the situation.

To reassure everyone, Mako spoke up, "Okay you guys, let's just get through this last event and prove we're not a bunch of cheaters."

"Mako's right." said Applejack, "Then you can go over and apologize."

Sunset didn't want to wait, the guilt was already hard enough to keep down, but her friends were right, she would get her chance to apologize.

(~)

Back with the Shadowbolts, Principal Cinch came up with another game plan. One that would guarantee them a solid win. As she spoke, Twilight spotted Spike hiding behind the bushes. She silently told him to remain hidden. If Principal Cinch saw him now and discovered he could talk who knows what she might do to him.

"I know I'm asking you to beat a team that isn't playing fair, but Canterlot High must be made to understand that even with magic at their disposal, beating Crystal Prep is simply not an option."

"What if they grow wings again?" Suguarcoat asked.

"Or shoot rocks and fire stuff?" Indigo asked.

"A fair question. Though I believe we can now fight fire with fire." Principal Cinch adjusted her glasses as she approached Twilight Sparkle, making the poor girl quiver in fear. "I've seen what your device can do, Twilight. Containing magical energy is fine, but have you considered releasing it?"

"But I don't even understand how it works."

"But you'd like to. And since our opponents have already used it to stay competitive, I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same."

"I still don't think we would--"

"Unless, of course, you have no interest in Everton. Though, honestly, I think there's more knowledge packed in that little device than any independent study program could offer."

What did she mean by that, Twilight wondered. The very idea of releasing such power, she knew it was risky. Incredibly risky. Yet, Cinch was dangling her dreams like a carrot on a stick for her to grab. She still had not changed her mind about her goals, she had held onto them for so long, how could she let them go now? She couldn't, she couldn't imagine what it would be like without her desire for knowledge and studying and learning and understanding. But, was it really worth what Cinch was suggesting? Something inside was telling her not to do it, yet the obviously present voice that belonged to her Principal, the one in charge of her future who could get her everything she ever wanted, was speaking much more clearly, and in some ways, louder than even her conscious could.

Principal Cinch:

I realize that you've always been an outcast

It's not everyone at school who likes to think

To find a student that's like you

I've had one or maybe two

But the good ones disappear before I blink

Students:

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Principal Cinch;

Now, I understand you have your reservations

(oh-wuh)

It's hard to have a brain as large as yours

(oh-oh-oh-oh)

But if we don't win these games

Well, I think I've made it plain

What will happen if we have the losing scores!

Twilight was still conflicted. Her principal really wanted her to do this, but was it right? Her words, the chants of the students, they were like serpents thriving her, tempting her to do this. Her skin trembled as she held the device close, as if frightened one of them would take it from her by force.

Students;

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Unleash the magic, unleash the magic

If we lose, then you're to blame

(ah, ah-ah-ah)

They all have used it, maybe abused it

(ah-ah-ah)

So then why can't we do the same?

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Principal Cinch;

Call it power, call it magic

If we lose, it will be tragic

More important is the knowledge we'll have lost

(oh-oh-oh-oh)

A chance like this won't come again

You'll regret not giving in

Isn't understanding magic worth the cost?

Students;

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

Unleash the magic, unleash the magic

We're not friends here after all

Our only interest in this business

(ah-ah-ah)

Is seeing Canterlot High School fall

(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, oh

Oh, wuh-oh-wuh)

The device that contained all the magic began to glow a stunningly beautiful bright purple color that practically entranced Twilight. What she had come to learn about magic was indeed amazing, and powerful, it made her curious, she desired to learn more. So she could become smarter, so she could get into Everton. She came here for one purpose only after all, so why did it need to change now? Was she in the wrong to listen to those other girls, and Flash? Was she just allowing these silly things distract her? Keep her from what she wanted?

She gazed at the object in her hand. The magic pleasing to the eye, and her dreams were desirable for gaining wisdom. Would she dare…?

Principal Cinch;

What I'm suggesting's very simple

And since it's win-win on all scores

We only want to learn about the

Magic that you have stored

And as for me and all the others

We only want what we deserve

That our school will clinch the win

And my...

Principal Cinch and students;

...legacy will endure

The more she thought about it the device seemed to glow brighter, as if reacting to her thoughts. Her desires. If she understood the magic better, maybe she would better understand those others girls and what made them so powerful. The voice that was her conscious slowly died down the louder and more repetitive the Shadowbolts' words became.

Who was she to make up her own mind here? After all, Cinch knew more than her, she was older and wiser. She had more experience while Twilight was only just learning. Maybe if she did release it she, in return, would release her own potential. She would better understand, she would gain more knowledge. After all, wasn't knowledge the greatest and most valuable treasure of all?

What Twilight didn't fully realize was that she was no longer thinking for herself entirely. They were all manipulating her, forcing her, even enslaving her to consume herself into this. What she wanted. What she always wanted.

With a hesitant look on her face, Twilight stepped froward, the pendant glowing brighter and brighter with every step and every chant. Spike ran out of the bushes and followed her. He knew this would be a grave mistake.

Students;

Unleash the magic, unleash the magic

If we lose, then it's a crime

But we can win it if you begin it

(ah-ah-ah)

It's up to you to not fail this time

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight:

Imagine all I'll learn by setting it free

"If both teams are ready…" Vice Principal Luna announced via the microphone. Korra heard the noise again, only stead of a whisper it was now like a loud roar. The roar was like a lion ready for the attack. They saw her approach with the pendant in hand, the magic within growing stronger.

Korra could sense it. The power within wasn't as it once was. It was distorted, destructive…deadly even.

Students:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight:

Now winning these games depends on me

Sunset saw what Twilight was about to do once she placed her finger on the lid in order to open her device. Spike ran as fast as he could to reach her. He couldn't let her do this.

Students:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight:

And what doors might open if I try to use it

Dean Cadance approached the mic and rose up her hand, "…the last event of the Friendship Games begins…"

Students:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Twilight:

But the magic's really what I want to see

As she slowly opened the lid, the purple light increasing as she did, Sunset and Korra both reacted and ran up to try and stop her, all the while Principal Cinch watched with a wicked glee in her eye. All of her desires were about to be accomplished by this naive child.

Students:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Spike jumped up an a desperate attempt to stop her, "Twilight, no!!"

Students:

Unleash the magic, free the magic now

Unleash the magic, free the magic…

Cadance, Luna, Korra:

"Now!/No!"

There was nothing anybody could do anymore. Twilight had done what she was asked to by her pears…

She had released the magic.

Only, the outcome was not what anybody had anticipated…

Once the case was opened the orb within unleashed a powerful beam that forced everyone down to their knees from its impact. Twilight stood her ground, stretching out her arms as the magic she had released reacted to exactly what she was feeling inside.

The device that once held it fell to the ground with a clang, now completely worthless to her. Twilight's body began to rise up, her hair becoming loose and her glasses falling off as the spear lifted her upwards. The girl was terrified, this energy, she could feel it. It was strong, but terrifying. What was she thinking? Why would she do this? She was only doing what she believed was right. She did whatever she could to make her dream a reality. How could that ever possibly become anything bad?

Principal Cinch and her students slowly backed away in fear, realizing this power was stronger than they thought. Maybe too strong. The sight made the Shadowbolts rethink their previous methods. Maybe they had gone too far.

The spear grew larger and larger, slowly engulfing Twilight. She struggled to break free and all her beloved Spike could do was watch in despair. Flash Sentry also watched in terror, but while the others backed away in fear he made an attempt to got forward and reach out for her, only to be stopped by Sandlewood and Micro Chips, knowing it was far too dangerous.

"What's happening?!" Asami asked in terror as Bolin held her close.

Korra's eyes shimmered, as if tears would fall down from them as she reenacted the prophetic words she had said before coming here.

"Wisdom the heart shall seek

Glorious future becomes bleak

Humble spirit…

Turned to stone"

Twilight looked at her principal and classmates. They were the ones who asked her to do this, surely they would do everything they would to help her. They were the only people there right now. She struggled to remove her hand, reaching out for somebody, anybody, to pull her back.

"Help…me!" she pleaded, but it was too late for she was now completely trapped within the spear. She had made her choice to listen to Cinch, she obeyed her orders, she gave into her temptation and her own personal desires. She did what she thought would help her future, but in that action she was now trapped within something she could not control, nor comprehend.

In an effort to pursue something good…it ended up becoming something that was far, far from it. And now, she and all who had joined her in this choice…would face the great consequence for their selfishness and pride. And the innocent yet misguided Twilight Sparkle of this world...

Would be their undoing…

The Rainbooms, Team Avatar, Spike and Flash Sentry all watched with great sorrow as the poor girl succumbed to the power of the magic she had unknowingly stolen. From within, Twilight could feel her body, her heart, her soul, and even her mind begin to change.

Her skin became a sinister shade of purple, gloves appeared on her arms, long boots with glowing shoes and wings on the ankles, as well as a long tail-like skirt with a star shaped belt around her waist, a sleeveless sweet-heart pointed corset of dark purple colors and her hair was now floating upwards, now painted black, dark magenta and pale purple. She felt a burning pain on her back once the two large, dark plumaged wings grew out. Finally, a glowing horn grew from her forehead. This horn was sharp but also incredibly twisted.

Just like her new mindset.

The moment she opened her eyes, two rings of fire appeared around them glowing a sinister light blue color, identical to her new eyes. The minute she opened them, she could see everything so clearly. She now understood this magic and what it could do. And she loved it!

No longer did she feel any compassion, nor humility or kindness, or even love. She only cared about what her heart wanted now. And what she wanted was magic. She wanted to know it, to understand it. After all, knowledge was what she always wanted to search for all her life, only now she no longer had any distractions to keep her from doing so. Principal Cinch was right, she could learn and gain more with this magic. That was what she wanted, but her naive conscience got in the way of that. Now that she had gotten rid of it, she was free.

Free to finally be herself. Free to be exactly what she wanted. And if anybody didn't like it or told her she was in the wrong, then they would have to be taken cared of…Permanently.

The students and faculty were terrified of the sight before them, CHS students were given flashbacks to when Sunset Shimmer became such a monster. None the less, this new creature was still quite beautiful and appealing to look at due to her wings and design, but one look into her eyes they knew it was nothing more than a beautiful monstrosity. She looked so content in her new form but deep down they could tell it was not so.

A truly stunning deception.

Spike whimpered at seeing his best friend become such a creature. Mako and Bolin held the girls close while Flash could only gaze into the eyes of the girl he knew. She was still in there, but trapped within something dark and destructive.

The creature laughed evilly as she hovered over them all like the goddess she prided herself to be. "Ha, ha, ha, ha! You were right! I didn't understand magic before, but I do now!"

Her horn began to glow brightly, the aura shifting down from the horn, to the flames around her eyes, right down to her hand. With a wide and wicked smile, Twilight shot a powerful ray of magic directly at the Canterlot High statue, where the portal once stood.

Korra's eyes widened when the new monstrous Twilight Sparkle created a portal of her own, only this one looked more like it was a torn on a dress. A hole on a piece of fabric. The children and faculty could feel the ground beneath them shake as the clouds above drew in, darkening the night sky even more. But that wasn't all she had done.

Team Avatar gasped once they saw where the portal led to. From within, they all spotted a familiar crystal-rainbow castle that sparkled in the light. From its front door, seven ponies and a dragon emerged, horrified to see the tear in their dimension before their very eyes as the skies around them became dark as well. The ponies saw their friends.

"Korra!" the pony Twilight called out, extending her hoof to her friend.

"Twilight! Stay back!"

The ponies couldn't understand what was happening, all they knew was that a portal had suddenly appeared and now even their home began to quack. The ground of Canterlot High began to crack and the wicked Twilight shot another beam directly at Team Avatar and the Rainbooms. They all jumped out of the way just as another portal appeared on the ground. This one led to Cloudsdale.

Korra rolled down on the ground, landing near the portal where her pony friends were. "Korra, what's going on?!" Twilight asked, desperately wanting to know the answer.

"Long story, that's this world's version of you only now she's gone crazy with dark magic and now she's destroying this world and possibly ours with it!"

Twilight decided to just go along with it, "Yeah, okay!"

The students ran as far away from the scene as they could, but the monstrous Twilight would not allow it. She was having so much fun creating new portals, each one leading to a different location in Equestria; Canterlot, Ponyville, Manehattan, the Crystal Empire, Appleloosa, Giffronstone. Only, it didn't stop there. Twilight even managed to open portals that led to another world that was as close to Equestria as a person's own heart to his body.

Mako gasped at the new portal that formed, "Republic City!"

The other portals revealed Air Temple Island, Ba Sing Sea, Zaofu, The Fire Nation, The Water Tribes, even the Spirit world and the Spirits Wilds in Republic City. One of which appeared near Bolin, where she saw Gommu with his little spirit friends.

Sunny Flare spotted her principal slowly making a break for it, "Hey! Where are you going?!"

"Anywhere to avoid that...monster! And I suggest you do the same!" Cinch said before running. But she wasn't the only one. The Flim Flam brothers tried to get away, but were much too terrified, so instead they hid underneath the bleachers until it all blew over.

The monstrous Twilight licked her lips as she observed the new worlds that awaited her. But her eyes were especially fixated on a group of seven ponies and their dragon. Seeing this, Korra quickly blocked her path, shielding them from her.

"Leave my family alone!"

Twilight smiled wickedly at this, "Your family, hu? Your family that's full of magic!"

"Please, don't do this! I don't want to fight you!"

"What makes you think you can? I stole your magic, and it's more powerful than anything! Imagine how much more I can get once I have all of you!--AH!" the wicked Twilight screamed like a banshee when an arrow came flying at her, striking her arm, wounding her before she magically healed herself.

"Get away from her!" Mako demanded fiercely, flames at the ready to attack when necessary. Asami, Bolin and Sunset Shimmer stood beside him. Asami and Bolin each with a bow and arrow in hand.

"Why didn't I just use this on the plants before?" Asami asked herself in realization.

Bolin assumed the proper position, "Let's hope those archery lessons payed off, Babe!"

The wicked Twilight laughed maniacally, "Ha, ha, ha, ha! You little fools think you can defeat me? Gonna be pretty hard without your precious heroes!"

Her twisted horn glowed brightly and unleashed a bolt of blue lightning at Korra, entrapping her within it, along with the rest of the pony Mane Six, the pony Flash Sentry and Spike the dragon. Once she made them crossover their bodies changed. Twilight and the Mane Six were now perfect mirror versions of this world's Mane Six, only wearing different clothing and hairstyles as they had before. Strangely enough, they all retained their pony features and Spike was once again a dog.

Mako, Bolin and Asami shot arrows while Sunset unleashed their fire blasts at the wicked Twilight, but she just blasted each of their attacks directly back at them. The four ducked in cover as they rolled in the ground, avoiding the impacts.

Korra tried to break free but this Twilight's magic was indeed stronger than she thought. She had stolen the magic of her and her friends, and now she could do whatever she wanted with them. In a flash, the wicked Twilight had contained Korra and the others all into individual crystal-like stones to which the evil Twilight then combined and turned into a charm bracelet around her wrist.

"KORRA!!" Mako cried out, his anger for this creature growing more and more.

The wicked Twilight smiled in triumph, "Oh, yes. I can feel their magic now!"

"Twilight, you can't do this!" Sunset pleaded, "Let them go!"

"Why should I?! There's a whole other world right there, and it's just filled with magic!" she said with wicked glee as she created yet another portal, nearly harming Vice Principal Luna and Cadance as she did.

"But you're destroying this world to get it!"

"So what? There's more magic there, and I want to understand it all!"

Channeling all of her newfound power, and the power she now carried from the Mane Six and Korra in her bracelet, she created the biggest portal of them all straight on the ground.

Spike was right in the middle of it. The poor puppy was about to be blasted to bits by his own owner, who was far too warped to even see what she was doing. However, he never got the chance to meet his demise when somebody came running in and protected him. Flash Sentry was supper close to the impact, the blast causing him to fly up and hit the wall of the building, falling down from the stairs and rolling onto the ground, knocked unconscious. Spike whimpered as he sat beside the man who just saved him.

The blast created the portal beneath everyone's feet. Down bellow, the students could see a clear sky, and Ponyville just down bellow. Bit by bit, more and more pieces of the ground broke, causing more and more students to nearly fall.

The ground beneath Bolin began to give way and Asami quickly pulled him back. Sunset was tossed to the side to where she spotted Naga, holding the device in her mouth. The device that contained all of the magic Twilight had stolen.

The ground beneath Mako began to give way and he fell. Applejack quickly took him by the arm and tried to pull him back up. "Don't let go!" she cried out.

"I'm trying!"

The rest of the Rainbooms, as well as other students did all they could to keep the other students from falling. It was an unbelievably high fall, and they would surely die if they hit the ground.

Asami saw the Shadowbolts, fearfully standing by the sidelines, unsure if to run and hide or do something. Asami approached them, "Please, help us!"

Her pleas were just about enough for them to make up their minds. This wasn't even about the stupid games anymore, and their own principal was a coward hiding at the moment. Just because she was a jerk it didn't mean they had to follow her example. After all, she was a very poor example to follow either way.

Bolin struggled to hold onto Rainbow Dash while Rarity held onto two students, while holding onto the ledge with one hand. "Hang on!" he shouted.

"Obviously!" Rarity screamed as her fingers slowly gave way and she would soon meet her demise.

"We got you!" Indigo Zap and Lemon Zest caught the girl's hand just in time and helped them all back to safety.

Sunset held the device in her hands, when suddenly a corner of it started to glow as the rest of her friends helped to save the other students from falling down the portal. Mako and Asami pulled several more students to safety and Rainbow and Bolin worked to save another student, while the other Shadowbolts placed aside their own selfishness to help their fellow human beings.

As Sunset watched something spectacular happened. One by one, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Bolin, Mako and Asami all gained a magical aura around them. She didn't understand, how could this be if their magic was taken from them? Suddenly, she heard a voice calling out to her.

"Sunset… Sunset…"

"Korra?"

Indeed, it was her voice, coming out of the crystal prison around wicked Twilight's wrist. Only, somehow, Sunset could hear her while the other Twilight couldn't. She could hear the voice of Unity speaking because she was blinded by the dark. Unlike Sunset, who's eyes had been opened long ago by the Light.

She listened as Korra spoke through her crystal prison.

Wisdom the heart shall seek

Glorious future becomes bleak

Humble spirit turned to stone

Bring fort she who had grown

The darkened beauty, sheds deception

The Eternal Flame shall bring salvation

The Eternal Flame…bring forth she who had grown. Was Korra talking about Sunset? Was she saying she was the one who could figure this out. She saw that the gems from which Korra and the others were locked in glowed, but it was a glow the wicked Twilight still could not see nor feel. As Sunset gazed at the sudden colorful auras that emitted from her friends' selflessness, kindness, humility and integrity, and all while the device continued to glow as well. Her eyes shimmered as the reality of it all hit her. She stood up, facing the corrupted girl.

"This isn't the way! I know you feel powerful right now, like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake you're making! I put on a crown and, just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained! I thought it could get me everything I wanted!"

"Oh, you're wrong." Twilight replied with a smile, "Unlike you, I can have everything I want!"

"No, you can't. Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone! True magic comes from honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness!"

As she spoke the words, each of her friends' aura rose up and was transported into the device, which opened up. However, they were not the only ones. Even the glows from Mako, Bolin and Asami reacted as well, just like these girls, they too had uncovered their magic long ago. They may not have been in the same form as the Mane Six's or Korra's but they were still just as powerful and important.

The wicked Twilight rolled her eyes…until she felt a burning sensation around her wrists. "AH! What? What are you doing?!" the gems that kept her prisoners began to glow and shake, all emitting a rainbow color that aimed directly at the device Sunset now held. One by one the stone broke, releasing the friends they contained.

Korra emerged, finally free, and now regaining her anthro form she had the last time she was here. The rest of the Mane Six were free as well, including Flash and the dog Spike.

"No!" the wicked Twilight cried out, "How is this possible?!"

Korra crossed her arms, her body still glowing a pure white color, "You may have stolen a lot of magic, Twilight. But not all of it!"

She and the rest of her friends hovered beside Sunset Shimmer, all willingly sharing their own magic with her as the device rose Sunset upwards, the wings causing her fire hair to dance against it.

"I understand you, Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all…"

Sunset closed the container and threw it against the ground, causing it to explode and create another spear of magical energy. But unlike the one Twilight released, which had selfish intentions, this one was entirely from selfless desires. The energy not only engulfed Sunset Shimmer, but also the rest of the Rainbooms and Team Avatar. One by one, the human versions of the Mane Six regained their anthro forms, even Team Avatar did. Sunset Shimmer gained her ears once more, but she also gained more than that.

Just as Korra had known, Sunset has discovered what she was meant to do. Her cloths began to change, her shoes were golden with flames and wings, along with a stunning white dress with symbols of her cutie mark on her arms and fingerless white gloves. The dress was short in the front but long in the back, giving the depiction of a bird's tail. On her forehead, grew a long glowing horn, reminiscent of her unicorn roots, and behind her, her firebending manifested into a fair of flame-like wings. They were not the wings of an alicorn, but of the creature Sunset symbolized the most.

A Phoenix!

Just like the mythical fire bird, Sunset Shimmer rose up from her own ashes and was now reborn into a creature more stunning than anything ever seen. The magic Twilight Sparkle had stolen transformed her desires into her own self, into her own flesh, that was why she became a monster. But Sunset Shimmer had the magic not taken, but shared alongside her loved ones, bringing her inner spirit out into the open to fight this battle. She floated before the wicked Twilight, her hair moved upwards like a dancing flame. What she had become on the inside, she was now on the outside for all to witness.

"…the Magic of Friendship!"

Korra and the others smiled proudly at their friend, having grown so much from her last experiences. With the magic her friends shared with her, she closed all of the portals to Equestria and Republic City. The wicked Twilight grew furious at this and aimed an attack on Sunset, who reacted and the two battled it out by shooting powerful rays of magic at one another.

But while Sunset was powerful she wasn't powerful enough for Twilight, who managed to gain the upper hand. Korra, the Mane Six, both human and pony, as well as Team Avatar stood by her side, their bodies still glowing, their magic giving her the strength she needed. Korra appeared behind her, placing her hands on her shoulder, encouraging her despite the wicked Twilight's laughter as her power increased.

Spike from down bellow, while still beside the unconscious Flash Sentry, called out her name.

"Twilight!"

The monstrous creature heard the voice, recognizing it somehow. She saw the handsome down, unmoving on the ground, while the small innocent puppy looked up at her with heartbroken eyes. The sight of them both triggered something within her. Something she thought she had lost, but really didn't. Her eyes, once glowing a sinister blue, briefly turned into their beautiful violet color.

"Spike?…Flash?"

Sunset felt what this meant, the old Twilight was still in there. She needed to reach her. Her energy increased, overpowering Twilight's attacks, as her eyes returned to their blue color. The power of the Light was too much for her, she couldn't control it. She couldn't contain it. She couldn't destroy it.

"Noooo!"

(~)

Twilight opened her eyes, no longer being surrounded by the blue flames. Her eyes were violet once again. Her vision was no longer but her mind still wasn't as clear, evident by the horn still on her head.

She floated in a white plane in space, flinching at the glowing girl in front of her. Korra floated beside her, they were both so radiant, their very presence brought a warmth around her, a warmth she was almost afraid to accept.

Korra released Sunset's shoulders, allowing her to float closer to the frightened girl. She reached out her hand, smiling compassionately.

"Take my hand, Twilight. Let me show you there's another way...just like someone once did for me."

Twilight was hesitant, reeling back as if terrier of this girl. But still, once she saw into both of their eyes, she realized this wasn't what she wanted. Not anymore.

She had become a monster looking for knowledge, the desire to know things she didn't need. But this girl was offering her friendship. She was offering her a brand new life regardless of what she had done. Twilight realized she needed to reject the lie the enemy has been feeding her on what she always wanted, because all this time it kept her from something beautiful.

As tears shed from her eyes, she now knew the right path. She stretched out her hand and Sunset Shimmer took it. Korra placed her hands over both of theirs, and a pure flame of blue and yellow flew upwards, spiraling around Twilight's arm, towards her heart, and up her head, removing the horribly twisted horn from her body.

She could feel herself changing. The darkness faded, the magic she had stolen, the twisted power she had possessed, disappeared like dust in the wind.

(~)

A beam lowered the three girls down in front of everyone before vanishing into thin air. Sunset and Twilight returned back to their normal selves, though their hairs were pretty messed up from the fight, as well as Korra's. The two still held hands while Korra held them like a protective big sister, showing her care and love for them both.

Twilight shook her head, feeling somewhat disoriented from the impact. Once she came back to her senses, she released Sunset's hand and started to cry. "I'm so sorry...I didn't mean for any of this to happen…"

Sunset kindly took the girl's hands, smiling in reassurance, "I know. And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you."

Korra wrapped her arm around the child, while rearranging her glasses properly. The Avatar herself was rather surprised when her boyfriend scooped her up and spun her around, happy to see her safe and sound. Not only that, but she was reunited with her friends from Equestria. The currently human pony Mane Six and Flash Sentry hugged their fellow Team Avatar members.

"We thought we'd never see you again!" Pinkie said while crying tears of joy.

But the moment was ruined when Spike started to whimper, gaining everyone's attention. Flash Sentry was still unconscious. The alternate Twilight gasped and rushed over to him, checking his pulse, but he hardly had any.

"No…no!"

Spike's ears lowered and placed a paw on his head. "He saved me."

Even Sunset Shimmer felt like crying. Flash Sentry was one of her friends, and a very special fellow. And now, it seemed he would never wake up. Mako squatted down and checked on him. "He took a nasty fall."

The alternate Twilight felt worse than ever. She caused this. Flash was the first friend she made her at CHS and now…now she would lose him. She took the sleeping boy into her arms, crying as she held him close, sobbing and praying for him to at least say a single word.

"Please…please don't leave me."

All of the students, both Canterlot and Crystal Prep, shed tears, moaning over the loss of their friend. Twilight, desperately, softly sang the song they sang together the day they met.

"I've been wishing for…something missin'…to fill this empty space…" the child sang in between her sobs, "To show the person behind the curtain…so you'll understand…who I really am…"

As she sang, her tears landed in his eyes and on his chest, directly on his heart, staining his shirt. She held him close, not wanting to let go, until…

"The me that you don't see…"

Twilight gasped when she heard a voice sing the other half. Struggling to speak, but making the effort.

"Is praying…there's a chance you…still believe…" slowly, his eyes squinted and fluttered open. Twilight being the first person he saw as he continued singing, "tell me that I'm worth it…"

"I'll prove that I deserve it" Twilight smiled as she sang the other half alongside with him.

"And I can be…the me that you don't see…"

"Flash!" Twilight's first instinct was to hug him as tightly as she could. He was okay, he was actually okay!

Spike barked with happiness and Sunset sighed in relief while wiping away her tears. Team Avatar and the Rainbooms all cheered alongside the students. Flash Sentry was alive.

Twilight ended the hug and, quite surprisingly…planted a soft kiss on Flash's lips, taking him completely by surprise. She was rather surprised herself. The cheering stopped, now being replaced with some surprised and happy expressions. Twilight blushed and reeled back, fiddling with her hair in embarrassment.

"Um…sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay. Really." Flash couldn't hide the blush on his face, and neither could Twilight. Spike jumped up and started licking Flash's face.

The Equestria Rainbow Dash rose her hand, "So, anybody wanna explain what's been going on?"

Her human counterpart wrapped her arm around her, "You might want to take a seat for this, cause it's a doozy."

The Equestria Rainbow Dash blinked in surprised before turning her head towards Asami, "So, am I suppose to freak out about this or…or what?"

Once she was certain the danger was over, Principal Cinch came out of her hiding place from behind the bleachers and angrily marched over to Celestia, while Luna and Cadance stood beside her.

"Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games!"

Mako rolled his eyes, "Good grief! We're still on this?!"

"Clearly, CHS has had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

Principal Celestia, on the other hand, only smiled, "I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all."

"At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game."

Bolin blinked twice before replying, "Wow! For a girl named "Sugarcoat" you don't sugarcoat anything, do ya?"

"That's ridiculous!" Cinch exclaimed in defense.

"Nope, that's pretty much what happened." The dog Spike stated rather bluntly while still in alternate Twilight's arms.

"We can vouch for that." Naga replied.

"Ditto!" Pabu added.

"I'm just gonna take your word for it." the dragon-turned dog Spike said to the talking ferret and white dog. "Wait, since when could you guys talk?!"

Principal Cinch was downright speechless at seeing all the talking animals before her.

Sour Sweet bowed her head in shame, "Actually, we're all to blame." she said, right before turning sour again, "Mostly it was her."

But regardless, Principal Cinch refused to be humiliated like this, especially by her own students. "Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!"

"Go ahead." Korra said with a smug smile, "I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings."

"Oh, and the portals to different dimensions." Mako added with a cheeky grin.

"And don't forget to tell them about the magical doppelgangers." Asami added.

"And the talking animals!" Bolin added finally.

"Because that would never ruin your reputation." the dog Spike added with a smug smile, which was shared by the majority of Team Avatar.

Cinch looked all around her, expecting to see her students back her up. But none of them did. They all stood beside the CHS students, not showing any signs of converting back to her ways at all. This was incredibly infuriating for her. How dare they all betray her like this, after all she had done for them. Her anger boiled over and she exploded like a volcano.

"You ungrateful, spoiled, lackwit little brats!! I have done nothing but groom you to fit my school's standards and this is how you repay me?!"

"ENOUGH!!"

All eyes fell on Cadance, who's patience with the woman had finally worn thin. She marched up to her boss, standing up to her for the very first time. "For years I've put up with your attitude because I had hopes that deep down you wanted the best out of the students, but now I see you are nothing but a sad, pathetic, insecure woman who looks to children to boost up her own ego just so she can feel important! Just because you never lived up to anybody else's standards doesn't mean you can force kids to do it for you! I pity you, Cinch. It must be incredibly sad and lonely to have nothing but a reputation to hold onto!"

Cinch had never been more speechless in her entire life. No one had ever spoken up to her like that. She backed away from the angry Dean, only to trip on her back and found herself surrounded by three dogs and a ferret.

"No! No, get away you--ah--ah--acho!" Cinch started to sneeze and break out in hives due to the fur of the animals. She screamed and scratched herself as she ran as far away as she could from all of these maniacs, all the while everybody just laughed and laughed at the scene.

Flim and Flam finally made it out of their hiding place, adjusted their cloths and walked up to the crowd, "Sure glad we got rid of her." Flim said.

"Right? I never did like her." Flam added, "So, it seems pretty obvious who won the games here. Crystal Prep saved the most students from falling into the vortex so, clearly, we should be the winners!"

It didn't take long for them to figure out that nobody agreed with them. Sunset rose up her hand, creating a flame and turned Korra and Mako, asking for permission.

"Can I?"

"Go head." the couple replied, making Sunset smile deviously at the men.

The two brothers ran off, screaming and crying in pain due to the multiple fire blasts Sunset sent them right at their rears. Once that was over, Celestia addressed to the whole lot. "Well, I know these Friendship games haven't been what any of us expected, but given what we've all just been through, I think it's fair to declare us all winners."

The students of both schooled cheered like they never had before…

All Together!

*(~)*

Isaiah 43: 25-26~

I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence.

*(~)*